Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Weirdest Movie You've Ever Seen?

Estella

What's the weirdest movie you've ever seen, and what was the plot/story?

In my personal case, it had to be The Tall Man. It had the story-ideology of the Slenderman, but the confusion of any failed drama.

It wasn't a bad movie, but the story, and all the the seemingly impossibilities based with the story were very weird, and confused me quite a bit. Yours?

I remember seeing a movie called 'Eraserhead' years ago-really disjointed flick, has become something of a cult classic now I hear.

Something about a a guy with really sticky-up hair and his girlfriend and her weird family-there was a scene where they're all sitting around the dinner table with what looked like mini roasted chickens on plates in front of them. The legs start moving, and all this stuff comes out of them. Just one of a whole movies worth of strange crap.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

H.P. Lovecraft's Necronomicon: To Hell and Back.

Not really "weird", per-say, but it has the Lovecraft touch of insanity (especially in the third story) that just gives you chills. I still can't listen to the sound of wings flapping without panicking and laughing madly at the same time. 

Edited by Scoutaloo

(edited)

Weirdest movie, eh?

Well there are a few i could go with, but to me the most strange one i've seen myself has to be that godawful "Bad Taste" movie.

Just take a look at it :

Edited by coolwar13@yahoo.de
  • Brohoof 1

Weirdest movie, eh?

Well there are a few i could go with, but to me the most strange one i've seen myself has to be that godawful "Bad Taste" movie.

Just take a look at it :

Is this.. A comedy, or a serious movie? Because I seriously, and I mean SERIOUSLY hope that this is a comedy. If it's a serious movie, then whoever directed it must be a troll. Then again, this one scene could just be the weirdest of it. Still.

(edited)

Lol I was going to say Bad Taste as well, before LOTR, Peter Jackson was a pretty sick fellow img-1427954-1-biggrin.png. Oh well, I'll say Dead Alive/Braindead, which came right after Bad Taste if im not mistaken. Also a Peter Jackson film, those crazy New Zealanders.

Heres the trailer, Im not sure how to post videos. nevermind, it worked img-1427954-2-tongue.png. And for the record, I loved this movie, made me laugh more often than most movies I've seen. Super gory too, but in a comical sort of way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHWAoKzHut8

Edited by TheMadSittler
  • Brohoof 2

I remember seeing a movie called 'Eraserhead' years ago-really disjointed flick, has become something of a cult classic now I hear.

Something about a a guy with really sticky-up hair and his girlfriend and her weird family-there was a scene where they're all sitting around the dinner table with what looked like mini roasted chickens on plates in front of them. The legs start moving, and all this stuff comes out of them. Just one of a whole movies worth of strange crap.

I was gonna say this one too. Although I'm probably not as knowledgeable as many in the subject of strange films this one was pretty weird. Gummo was up there too, if anyone here has seen that.

• Brohoof 1

Is this.. A comedy, or a serious movie? Because I seriously, and I mean SERIOUSLY hope that this is a comedy. If it's a serious movie, then whoever directed it must be a troll. Then again, this one scene could just be the weirdest of it. Still.

What if i tell you that this movie was produced and directed by none other than the Director of all the "Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" movies? Yes, Peter Jackson himself created this abomination

aaaaand nope, almost the WHOLE movie is full of weird stuff like this.

The strangest movie I ever watched was "Zardoz". Sean Connery in a sort of far future, post-apocalypse world featuring a giant flying head that kills people, a red mankini, lazer guns and immortal psychics living in a utopian society. It also features of one the strangest ending scenes I have ever seen, which I shall not spoil.

• Brohoof 2

The strangest movie I ever watched was "Zardoz". Sean Connery in a sort of far future, post-apocalypse world featuring a giant flying head that kills people, a red mankini, lazer guns and immortal psychics living in a utopian society. It also features of one the strangest ending scenes I have ever seen, which I shall not spoil.

I remember this one! He was the only man in the community that 'functioned' iirc.

Yeah-the ending. Don't want to give it away in case anyone hasn't seen it-although that movie's got to be 40 years old at this point.

Very unoriginal, I know, but probably the weirdest movie I've seen is Troll 2. That movie was so freaking weird. It had some pretty funny parts in it, but mostly it was just weird as hell.

• Brohoof 1

Weirdest movie? I've seen a lot of weird movies like those "homemade" horror movies with cheesy murder lines? I'd have to say

ThanksKilling, that was weird

• Brohoof 1

Napoleon Dynamite, mainly due to it's immense stupidity. Still it was a great movie that always does it's job to give me a good laugh

(edited)

Any thread that mentions Brain Dead, Bad Taste, and Zardoz gets an A+ in my book.

Okay, it may not be the weirdest movie I've ever seen, but Bastketcase is pretty dang weird.

Here's James Rolfe (The Angry Video Game Nerd) talking about it! (warning: some language and blood)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e2qr7p0dSY4

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

bugtypewriter.jpg

The Naked Lunch.

Typewriters turn into giant homosexual bugs and aliens. That's just the first half hour.

Best described by Nelson on The Simpsons: "I can think of two things wrong with that title..."

• Brohoof 3

Iron Sky.

What's it about? Space nazis.

'Nuff said.

Given how it started, I've got to say, it's a quality indie production. It doesn't take itself seriously (and is downright funny as hell in parts). Overall some decent sci fi fun to kill an hour and a half.

A movie called "freakshow" banned in 50 countries... Watched it with one of my gf's in 09 I think... It was..... Sigh... She cried.

It was frightening.

The weirdest film I've ever seen is... Avatar: The Last Airbender (the movie). I watched the movie before the cartoon so I was really confused. Also, the movie just sucked. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Before I understood the whole symbolism of it, I had regarded Battle Royale as the weirdest film I'd ever seen. When Kitano just suddenly gets up to answer the phone after he's been shot dead... and then dying again... had me seriously confused. :3

Nowadays it would have to be Cabin In The Woods. I like the fact that Cabin in The Woods is critical of other horror films for filling in certain stereotypes, so it purposefully pointed it out. But what makes it weird is all the encased horror creations that they have; a girl whose face is three mouths within one another, a snake-car hybrid, a man with a circular saw surgically attached to his cheek. They came out of absolutely nowhere, and the film implies that someone actually sat creating these things before adding them into their "horror creature reserves". For me, that's weird as crap. tongue.png

Edited by Flipturn ツ

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

I don't know how to describe how weird this movie is, so i will just leave the sinopsis of it, if someone is interested:

''The story focuses on Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, a perfume apprentice in 18th-century France who, born with no body scent himself, begins to stalk and murder virgins in search of the "perfect scent", which he finds in a young woman named Laure, whom his acute sense of smell finds in a secluded private garden in Grasse.''

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

I don't know how to describe how weird this movie is, so i will just leave the sinopsis of it, if someone is interested:

''The story focuses on Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, a perfume apprentice in 18th-century France who, born with no body scent himself, begins to stalk and murder virgins in search of the "perfect scent", which he finds in a young woman named Laure, whom his acute sense of smell finds in a secluded private garden in Grasse.''

wut? What is this? how is this a plot? who made this movie? how did this get made? who was the crazy person who wrote it? WHY IS THIS A THING? 

The Human Centipede. I never want to see the sequel; the creator of that movie must have an unrelenting traumatic memory wedged inside his brain somewhere that caused him to make that movie. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would have to say "The Human Centipede", I didn't think it was as gross as people made it out to be. I thought it was...alright. It wasn't scary, it wasn't traumatizing, it was just "there". 

-I think most people know the plot of it. sleep.png

Edited by WheatleyCore