TheMarkz0ne

Batman/Joker

Superman/Darkseid

Hulk/Red Hulk

Iron Man/Mandarin 

Spiderman/Green Goblin and Doc Oc

Goku/Freiza 

Gohan/Cell

I feel like Chrysalis should be her nemesis. But I don't think we will see her in season 4, because Hasbro will most likely make another shitty villain rather than develop the ones that need developing. I just feel like Twilight being the heroine needs a villain who pushes her. I know it's a show for young girls. But even when I was 6 years old reading comics and watching movies I was always looking out for that bad guy that the hero would face off against 

Ahem...

Trixie_staring_at_the_crowd_S1E6.png

I think Trixie would qualify for this. She is basicially the same as Twilight,power-wise, except she uses her powers mainly for bad reasons and her character is the exact opposite of Twilight.

• Brohoof 4

I'll be her archie and counter all of her magic with the power of science. What's that little filly? Your magic is countered with the use of a waveguide? My apologies. Not... MUWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Eh-hem, my bad. I agree with you. I think Discord was the only one who really stepped up and delivered something truly crazy for Twi. Twilight represents order -- especially with knowledge -- and Dissy just fubard it all. We all know how that turned out, and even he was more Celestia's nemesis than Twilight's. 

Ahem...

img-1431161-1-Trixie_staring_at_the_crow

I think Trixie would qualify for this. She is basicially the same as Twilight,power-wise, except she uses her powers mainly for bad reasons and her character is the exact opposite of Twilight.

Trixie is really a performer. Not a villain, she even apologized to Twilight. When I mean nemesis I mean pure evil, someone who can't be reasoned with

• Brohoof 1

King Sombra might fitthe bill, as in he is like Twilight started off as a normakl unicorn even though he never became an alicorn but thats because he was evil and unless theres a satan who turns evil powerful ponies to alicorns

King Sombra might fitthe bill, as in he is like Twilight started off as a normakl unicorn even though he never became an alicorn but thats because he was evil and unless theres a satan who turns evil powerful ponies to alicorns

Except Twilight turned herself into an Alicorn, and Sombra would be more of Equestria's nemesis.

Trixie is really the closest thing she has to one, and she would be more of a rival than a nemesis. Which, personally, is fine. Only ego centric super heroes need nemesi (yes, that just happened) to validate themselves!

• Brohoof 1

Does Twilight really need a nemesis? She isn't a superhero and having a nemesis would go against the premise of the show. You know, making friends?

Also, why would Twilight have a nemesis? What would they stand for? We've already had several antagonists who have directly opposed the mane six and they've been done away with, learned their lesson as it would. Having a recurring antagonist would seem kind of petty, and overall would be pointless.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

If they reform Chrysalis I will nail this franchise to the cross and burn it. I can understand reforming Discord, because he was never a villain to begin with. Chrysalis is a leech and clearly wants rule over all life, she should stay that way. Also what's wrong with repeating villains? Comics and movies get away with it all the time and it works 

The mane 6, well some of them are super heroines. I would say Twilight and Rainbow and that's it. I feel like if Twilight had a nemesis it could give the show a classic fight between good and evil

this scene right here is an example of a good hero/villain relationship. This is the way Chrysalis would act towards Twilight if they ever fought again

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 1

Why does Twilight need a nemesis? There's no real story arc spanning the entire show, so there's no real point, all the villains so far have been one offs.Except for Discord I guess, but that was just blatent fan-pandering.

• Brohoof 1

The only nemesis that I recall that Twilight had was Trixie basically. I don't really think that she needs a nemesis right now. Sure, in all of DC and Marvel history we all have witnessed heroes facing a arch nemesis even though they have a huge number of enemies. Twilight just doesn't need one right now, besides she is busy with her Princess duties.

• Brohoof 1

NO, stop saying Trixie is her nemesis. She's not her nemesis, she was never supposed to be her nemesis. She was a one-time villain that proved popular enough to bring back in S3.

The show doesn't need a nemesis, it's about personal character development, not the defeat of an external threat.

• Brohoof 3

1eqp8w.jpg

Trixie can be classified as Twilight's rival. Trixie hasn't completely changed, and instead of being die-hard rivals, they're probably friendly rivals. 

Before they were like Sonic/Shadow.

Now they're like Sonic/Knuckles.

Trixie is not her nemesis. As for the examples I used before, Sonic has a nemesis and it's NOT Knuckles or Shadow. It's Eggman.

This is a show for ponies, for Luna's sake. It's about friendship. Adding a nemesis would ruin that premise.

• Brohoof 3

This is a show for ponies, for Luna's sake. It's about friendship. Adding a nemesis would ruin that premise.

Perhaps.  Then again, it could illustrate a very important lesson for viewers of all ages: sometimes all the friendship, love and tolerance in the world won't change someone's heart.  A dramatic scene involving the nemesis' *almost* conversion to "good" (but their ultimate rejection of it) could work well.  Still, accepting that fact, and not letting it get you down would be resolution enough.

I don't see the point in Twilight having a nemesis. Twilight is not like Superman or Batman, she not a crime fighter. She is just a pony that learns about friendship. 

I don't see the writers going in a path where Chrysalis is attacking Ponyville every week like Rita Repulsa did in Power Rangers. That's not the point of the show.

If they reform Chrysalis I will nail this franchise to the cross and burn it. I can understand reforming Discord, because he was never a villain to begin with. Chrysalis is a leech and clearly wants rule over all life, she should stay that way. Also what's wrong with repeating villains? Comics and movies get away with it all the time and it works 

The mane 6, well some of them are super heroines. I would say Twilight and Rainbow and that's it. I feel like if Twilight had a nemesis it could give the show a classic fight between good and evil

this scene right here is an example of a good hero/villain relationship. This is the way Chrysalis would act towards Twilight if they ever fought again

Yeah Discord was mostly an annoyance, more Mxyzptlk than Joker, but I still think Trixie's apology was just a pure and total crock.

I don't see the point in Twilight having a nemesis. Twilight is not like Superman or Batman, she not a crime fighter. She is just a pony that learns about friendship. 

I don't see the writers going in a path where Chrysalis is attacking Ponyville every week like Rita Repulsa did in Power Rangers. That's not the point of the show.

What about Trixie pulling off some crime of the century (usually a heist, robbery or wave of cyber-terrorism  or specifically and personally targeting Twilight once a month. If used right Trixie could be the kind of enemy that challenges Twilight on a more personal level, challenging her intellect moreso than the strength of her friendships. We could always use at least one other mystery story on the show. How did Trixie pull each crime off?

I don't really think Twilight needs an official arch nemesis. I mean, MLP isn't that kind of show. I think just having the villans as villans to equestrian is good (not sure if that made sense 0-0)

Twilight doesn't need a arch foe who she constantly fights with, it isn't that kind of show.

Superman/Darkseid

I thought his arch-nemesis was Lex Luthor.

What's the premise of about 90 percent of Anime?  The Power of Friendship.  Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and countless other Anime were based on this core concept, and most of them had plenty of major villains.

Teen Titans had an arch nemesis, and that show was about friendship.  Avatar The Last Airbender was more/less about friendship, and there was an entire nation as the antagonist in that one.

The point I would make is, an arch nemesis probably wouldn't affect a whole heck of alot in terms of the show's concept.  The characters would still be ponies, and the show would still be about friendship.  Adding a more serious nemesis would simply test their bonds of friendship in ways never before thought possible.

• Brohoof 2

What about Trixie pulling off some crime of the century (usually a heist, robbery or wave of cyber-terrorism  or specifically and personally targeting Twilight once a month. If used right Trixie could be the kind of enemy that challenges Twilight on a more personal level, challenging her intellect moreso than the strength of her friendships. We could always use at least one other mystery story on the show. How did Trixie pull each crime off?

Still that is not the point of the show. The writers aren't going to have Trixie come back to the show as a master thief and start stealing things just to tick of Twilight. Their story is pretty much done. Not to mention I don't think is that smart of a pony. Twilight is most likely 100 times smarter then her. 

Well, MLP doesn´t need any nemesis relationship because it isn´t that kind of story. There can be some antagonists. But the show is mainly a Slice of Life show. And the characters are not meant to grow stronger to defeat an enemy, they are supposed to learn from the events that happened in their life to become (from an ethical point of view) better persons (ponies) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, MLP doesn´t need any nemesis relationship because it isn´t that kind of story. There can be some antagonists. But the show is mainly a Slice of Life show. And the characters are not meant to grow stronger to defeat an enemy, they are supposed to learn from the events that happened in their life to become (from an ethical point of view) better persons (ponies) 

True, but you could just as easily argue that Sailor Moon and Pretty Cure are slice of life shows, and both of those shows have nemeses.  Onegai My Melody features characters that have a very clear cut nemesis, and that's a slice of life show too (almost moreso than even FiM is).

Even the older seasons of Power Rangers could be considered a slice of life show, in the sense that the characters are in High School and have to balance being superheroes with having to deal with issues at school (as over-the-top as they often get).

Just because you have a main villain or an arch nemesis for a series doesn't necessarily mean the show can't be a slice of life show.

Edited by SBaby