Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a nemesis?

InfinityWhale

On 2022-07-10 at 8:59 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I agree 1000% This parasite knows only how to rip off the work of others, call it his own, and utterly destroy it. How he can continue to have a career is staggering. He destroyed Star Wars, Star Trek, and last I heard he was targeting another of my all time favorites: Your Name/Kimi No Na Wa. The lattermost, being a perfect movie, doesn’t need to be rendered into live action and screwed over by this talentless piece of sh*t. But hey, it’s another successful movie with a built-in audience that he can leach off of.

Others that belong in this category are Michael Eisner, and pretty much every Disney CEO since.

Star Wars part really got onto my nerves. I personally believe that now franchise is again in good condition (a bit too fan servicy, but at least not sOmeHOw pALpAtinE hAs retUrnED), but I still can't believe how cheap his idea for episode IX was. Rey was treated poorly, ending up in shadow of another "big" Star Wars character instead of creating her own legacy as she was given chance by, otherwise unpopular ep VIII. Palpatine's return was half a**ed to say the least and pretty much ruined Luke's and Anakin's deeds from episode VI. The worst thing is - it's canon now and I don't think anyone, not even Filoni could fix it properly. I still remember how happy I was with Disney scrapping EU, because that meant scrapping endless resurrections of Palpatine. Boy, did that opinion of my NOT age well. 

As for my nemesis? I'd say today it's Bobby Kotick. The One Ring of gaming industry. Literally channeling all that's worst about gaming these days. Grinding workers into insanity, sexual abuse being tolerated, no regard for the art at all and focus on sheer gains, toxic attitude and lack of knowledge about the market, being in it literally only for money. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-07-10 at 4:59 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

I agree 1000% This parasite knows only how to rip off the work of others, call it his own, and utterly destroy it. How he can continue to have a career is staggering. He destroyed Star Wars, Star Trek, and last I heard he was targeting another of my all time favorites: Your Name/Kimi No Na Wa. The lattermost, being a perfect movie, doesn’t need to be rendered into live action and screwed over by this talentless piece of sh*t. But hey, it’s another successful movie with a built-in audience that he can leach off of.

Others that belong in this category are Michael Eisner, and pretty much every Disney CEO since.

Who is that, Dreamy? :confused:

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-07-10 at 2:59 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

Did he touch black rock shooter? If he did I'll kill him.... New nemesis..... Oh cruel fate.... 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My nemesis is the Melbourne Storm and fans of the Melbourne Storm.

Melbourne Storm - Wikipedia

:glimmer::glimmer::glimmer::glimmer::glimmer::glimmer:

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Brohoof 1

My nemesis is literally myself. :Cozy:

22 hours ago, Sir Hugoholic said:

Star Wars part really got onto my nerves. I personally believe that now franchise is again in good condition (a bit too fan servicy, but at least not sOmeHOw pALpAtinE hAs retUrnED), but I still can't believe how cheap his idea for episode IX was. Rey was treated poorly, ending up in shadow of another "big" Star Wars character instead of creating her own legacy as she was given chance by, otherwise unpopular ep VIII. Palpatine's return was half a**ed to say the least and pretty much ruined Luke's and Anakin's deeds from episode VI. The worst thing is - it's canon now and I don't think anyone, not even Filoni could fix it properly. I still remember how happy I was with Disney scrapping EU, because that meant scrapping endless resurrections of Palpatine. Boy, did that opinion of my NOT age well. 

The most recent Disney Star Wars stuff may seem slightly less offensive than the initial movies, but I think that’s because they’ve downgraded Star Wars from theatrical features to streaming series, figuring the fans won’t be as demanding because ‘it’s only television.’ Sadly, the streaming series are pretty pathetic anyway. Disney scored a semi-success with The Mandalorian because everyone loved cute little baby Yoda. But it still wasn’t all that good. And everything else Disney has made (Obi Wan Kenobi, Book of Boba Fett) are pathetic, even as fan service, because the writing is so amateurish it can’t hold the plot from one episode to the next, not to mention being constantly smothered in woke bullsh*t. No matter what their so-called points of view are, deviating away from the story to showcase something unrelated is bad art.

I don’t think they could have salvaged the sequel trilogy by the time they got to episode IX, no matter what they did. The damage was already done and no amount of tinkering could have fixed it. Palpatine’s return was a typical tool of desperate writers who can’t come up with anything compelling on their own without borrowing off the originals, and I agree that it effectively erased everything that had been accomplished by Luke and Anakin. But the Disney crew has no respect for the original saga, and only uses what it needs to make a quick buck and move on. As for any of it being canon, forget it, no way. Nothing Disney has created will ever be canon as far as I’m concerned. They discarded the EU, but I discard DU (Disney Universe). I’m not saying all the EU was great stuff, but it was a lot better than Disney’s toss-offs. Filoni, while more competent than Disney’s board room tools, is still not the authority Star Wars needs to get on track. George Lucas is the only one to do that, and Disney (and Kathleen Kennedy) fear that he’ll show them who’s truly the boss.

22 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

Who is that, Dreamy? :confused:

J.J. Abrams. Destroyer of worlds and art.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

The most recent Disney Star Wars stuff may seem slightly less offensive than the initial movies, but I think that’s because they’ve downgraded Star Wars from theatrical features to streaming series, figuring the fans won’t be as demanding because ‘it’s only television.’ Sadly, the streaming series are pretty pathetic anyway. Disney scored a semi-success with The Mandalorian because everyone loved cute little baby Yoda. But it still wasn’t all that good. And everything else Disney has made (Obi Wan Kenobi, Book of Boba Fett) are pathetic, even as fan service, because the writing is so amateurish it can’t hold the plot from one episode to the next, not to mention being constantly smothered in woke bullsh*t. No matter what their so-called points of view are, deviating away from the story to showcase something unrelated is bad art.

I don’t think they could have salvaged the sequel trilogy by the time they got to episode IX, no matter what they did. The damage was already done and no amount of tinkering could have fixed it. Palpatine’s return was a typical tool of desperate writers who can’t come up with anything compelling on their own without borrowing off the originals, and I agree that it effectively erased everything that had been accomplished by Luke and Anakin. But the Disney crew has no respect for the original saga, and only uses what it needs to make a quick buck and move on. As for any of it being canon, forget it, no way. Nothing Disney has created will ever be canon as far as I’m concerned. They discarded the EU, but I discard DU (Disney Universe). I’m not saying all the EU was great stuff, but it was a lot better than Disney’s toss-offs. Filoni, while more competent than Disney’s board room tools, is still not the authority Star Wars needs to get on track. George Lucas is the only one to do that, and Disney (and Kathleen Kennedy) fear that he’ll show them who’s truly the boss.

J.J. Abrams. Destroyer of worlds and art.

Personally I feel like Your opinion on the tv series is a bit too harsh, but at the same time I do understand where it comes from and maybe it is the result of starvation that my opinion on these is rather positive. Sadly the franchise took terrible turn in the beginning with trilogy having no roadmap, leading to JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson literally going against each other, derailing the plot completely, disconnecting one movie from another in very blatant ways. I remember how happy I was when Snoke was killed as it gave me hope that ep IX won't be a copy paste of ep VI, but boy was I wrong. JJ just retconned the heck out of Star Wars and we had something worse than ep VI remake - a complete fanservice galore to the point where barely anyone enjoyed it. Also with lovely little McGuffin added into the mix in form of some stupid dagger, because that made perfect sense. 

I avoid going too much after Kennedy herself as certain YouTube channels are far too trigger happy when it comes to spewing loads of fake information about her or Star Wars in general in order to anger people and gain views (along with $$$ that come from those). But again without question it is true that she dropped the ball big time with sequels. I am almost 100% certain that if these had a roadmap that would keep Abrams and Johnson in check, we would have at least a consistent storyline and no weird retcons that feel like passive aggressive jabs towards one another (I know they're not, but they truly do feel like that).

Filoni relies a bit too much on his own characters, I think and it makes the galaxy that much smaller. It was great to see Ahsoka in live action finally, it was good to see Luke as everyone wished to see him in ep VIII, it was great to see Vader and Obi Wan fight against each other, but... there's lack of freshness. I don't really care who does it. I'd be careful with belief that Lucas can fix Star Wars, when prequels were so fiercely hated until sequels came along. But I hope that someone will finally wake up from delirious dream those people are in now and start doing something more with this franchise. 

Wether what they produce for Disney+ is good or not - it won't keep the ship afloat forever, when the franchise seems to be standing still and just turning around random stones in the timeline of which's major events we are already well aware. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Sir Hugoholic said:

Personally I feel like Your opinion on the tv series is a bit too harsh, but at the same time I do understand where it comes from and maybe it is the result of starvation that my opinion on these is rather positive. Sadly the franchise took terrible turn in the beginning with trilogy having no roadmap, leading to JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson literally going against each other, derailing the plot completely, disconnecting one movie from another in very blatant ways. I remember how happy I was when Snoke was killed as it gave me hope that ep IX won't be a copy paste of ep VI, but boy was I wrong. JJ just retconned the heck out of Star Wars and we had something worse than ep VI remake - a complete fanservice galore to the point where barely anyone enjoyed it. Also with lovely little McGuffin added into the mix in form of some stupid dagger, because that made perfect sense. 

I avoid going too much after Kennedy herself as certain YouTube channels are far too trigger happy when it comes to spewing loads of fake information about her or Star Wars in general in order to anger people and gain views (along with $$$ that come from those). But again without question it is true that she dropped the ball big time with sequels. I am almost 100% certain that if these had a roadmap that would keep Abrams and Johnson in check, we would have at least a consistent storyline and no weird retcons that feel like passive aggressive jabs towards one another (I know they're not, but they truly do feel like that).

Filoni relies a bit too much on his own characters, I think and it makes the galaxy that much smaller. It was great to see Ahsoka in live action finally, it was good to see Luke as everyone wished to see him in ep VIII, it was great to see Vader and Obi Wan fight against each other, but... there's lack of freshness. I don't really care who does it. I'd be careful with belief that Lucas can fix Star Wars, when prequels were so fiercely hated until sequels came along. But I hope that someone will finally wake up from delirious dream those people are in now and start doing something more with this franchise. 

Wether what they produce for Disney+ is good or not - it won't keep the ship afloat forever, when the franchise seems to be standing still and just turning around random stones in the timeline of which's major events we are already well aware. 

Fair enough. Admittedly I can be very harsh about Disney's version of Star Wars because I lived my whole life very close to the real thing, and decades of waiting for a sequel came to such a bad end. But all prejudices aside, I can't stand bad filmmaking no matter what franchise it is, and its pretty easy to see the amateurish hands at work here. 

As far as Kathleen Kennedy, I don't watch the Youtuve videos because I already have my own opinions and don't need a witch hunt. I already knew what she was long before it became popular to trash her. When george first handed over the reins of Lucasfilm to her I thought it was a good choice, but I soon realized she was an opportunist riding the coat tails of George's achievements while accomplishing little on her own beyond trying to twist Star Wars into her own feminist universe. 

I liked the fact of Ahsoka coming to live action but hated the way she was miscast solely for the purpose of making another cliche woke statement, when Ashley Eckstein was clearly the perfect choice to play her live. Even if they had to recast the character I would have liked to see someone who at least fit the character and tried to be faithful to it. 

Whatever people may think of the prequels (and here. don't assume they're universally hated just because too many vocal fans mimic the same sentiment), George Lucas is the only person perfectly qualified to helm Star Wars in any capacity. As I've always said, like it or not, George lucas IS Star Wars and its his universe. If he wanted to make pastel ponies romping through the fields in stormtrooper armor, and called it Star Wars, then it is Star Wars. Fans can't put it to a vote what we'll allow in 'our' Star wars universe. Its George's, and what he says, goes, whether its popular or not. We fans are just along for the ride.

Okay, that's it for my rant. I understand your points and respect them. And like I said, I'm too close to see them any way but the way I do. The differences are what make it fun to talk about.

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Fair enough. Admittedly I can be very harsh about Disney's version of Star Wars because I loved my whole life very close to the real thing, and decades of waiting for a sequel came to such a bad end. But all prejudices aside, I can't stand bad filmmaking no matter what franchise it is, and its pretty easy to see the amateurish hands at work here. 

As far as Kathleen Kennedy, I don't watch the Youtuve videos because I already have my own opinions and don't need a witch hunt. I already knew what she was long before it became popular to trash her. When george first handed over the reins of Lucasfilm to her I thought it was a good choice, but I soon realized she was an opportunist riding the coat tails of George's achievements while accomplishing little on her own beyond trying to twist Star Wars into her own feminist universe. 

I liked the fact of Ahsoka coming to live action but hated the way she was miscast solely for the purpose of making another cliche woke statement, when Ashley Eckstein was clearly the perfect choice to play her live. Even if they had to recast the character I would have liked to see someone who at least fit the character and tried to be faithful to it. 

Whatever people may think of the prequels (and here. don't assume they're universally hated just because too many vocal fans mimic the same sentiment), George Lucas is the only person perfectly qualified to helm Star Wars in any capacity. As I've always said, like it or not, George lucas IS Star Wars and its his universe. If he wanted to make pastel ponies romping through the fields in stormtrooper armor, and called it Star Wars, then it is Star Wars. Fans can't put it to a vote what we'll allow in 'our' Star wars universe. Its George's, and what he says, goes, whether its popular or not. We fans are just along for the ride.

Okay, that's it for my rant. I understand your points and respect them. And like I said, I'm too close to see them any way but the way I do. The differences are what make it fun to talk about.

And that's understandable. Sequels left a lot of bad taste in almost everyone and not without a reason. They're the only Star Wars movies I just don't rewatch ever. I am glad the "new" forcepower, aka something I call "force smartphone" - dialogues carried on through thousands of light years by force users is no longer explored after sequel trilogy. 

I didn't mind the way Rosarie Dawson (I hope I did not screw up the name) and thought her playing was good, but it's true, it is a shame Ashley wasn't given a chance to shine in live action. 

Tbh vocal fans can be said for a lot of things when it comes to Star Wars. It was always infamous for minorities making drama so agonizingly loud You hear nothing but their complains. But I can definitely agree on this - Star Wars is Lucas's franchise. I find it regrettable that he stepped down from working on it, giving the reigns away to another, but then ironically it is his franchise, meaning he had right to do that as well. With that being said last time I checked terms upon which he gave SW away were different from what we saw... 

Point of my doubt in Lucas's capability for fixing Star Wars wasn't in lack of belief in his abilty to do so. He definitely can make amazing storylines and I am sure I would have absolute blast watching his works again. But I just know this fanbase and that there will be this 1% of it that will make a worldwide drama, because something didn't happen the way they expected it to. We both would likely enjoy his works, but there will be people constantly whining about it as usual. In fact that's why I generally avoid public groups discussing Star Wars. Too much toxicity, negativity and focus on what's bad. 

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing when that's done in respectable manner and it's refreshing to talk to someone, who, despite having strong opinion can voice it in a civil manner, honestly. I see where Your points are coming from and respect them :) 

• Brohoof 1