Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Number/Numbers

Blue Moon

Ok, a very random question, but here it is. What is your favorite number (or numbers depending on whether you have more than one) and why? 

Here are mine.

7- My favorite number. My birthday is on the seventh and I like how seven is considered a lucky number, so that is why seven is my favorite.

42- Second favorite number. I like the meaning behind this number (reference).

So, post your favorite numbers and why below.

• Brohoof 5

Favourite Single Digit Numbers: 4 and 7

Double Digit: 78

Triple Digit: 324

Don't really know much way, they just stuck with me. Something about the written style and the tonality of the English pronunciation.

Well my favorite number is definitely:

I really like this number because my birthday is on the 4th and my best friends birthday is on the 14th. As for other (more logical) reasons, I really don't know. I just like the number. 

My favorite single digit numbers are 3 and 6.

I don't have any favorite number that isn't a single digit. 

But something strange I do with single digit numbers is categorize them with specific genders. What I mean is: 0,2,3,4, and 8 are male, and 1,5,6,7, and 9 are female.

My favourite number is 38.

I also like 3, 4, 7, 8, 17, 18, 23, 27.

I have a certain affinity for prime numbers and sevens for some reason.

5318008 is a pretty cool number too.

• Brohoof 1

The Hardy Ramanujan Number

The smallest number expressible as the sum of two positive cubes in two different ways.

Also a Futurama thing.

(edited)

42 is pretty high up there, I mean, it IS the answer after all... but let's go for something a little less cliche img-1432274-1-tongue.png

0 is my favourite number. 0 just has so many interesting properties, like dividing anything by zero being undefined, any base to the power of zero (except for zero as the base) is one, log(0) and ln(0) is undefined and anything multiplied into zero becomes zero. It's such an interesting number, dangerous but interesting.

You also can get some really funny fallacies by dividing by zero algebraically, like getting 2=1 or 1=0.

1 is also a great number because of unity conversion fractions. You can simplify things so much by essentually multiplying a fraction by one! It's a great tool and also features a few interesting properties, but not nearly as many as zero in my opinion.

I also really like pi because I'm a fan of radian measure. I memorized pi to the 36th decimal place or so for a contest in grade 11 and while it never really comes in handy (I only go to 9 decimal places at the most), it is kind of a cool thing to know for pi day. 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841

Edited: I know 4 more digits of pi now. Going to aim to memorize 42 digits.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Obviously 666 is the coolest and most badass number ever. It's waaaaay better than 777 in my opinion. 13 is an okay number I guess.

It's 2x2x2x2x2x2, 4x4x4, and 8x8. I like even numbers. 64 is the first numbers that took my interest when I was a kid. I can't really explain why, but it's just damn gorgeous in my eyes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

well 13 is my number (that story is way too long for a post),

my second favorite number has to be 8 because it is perfectly symmetrical

also my third favorite is 42 because it is everything biggrin.png

Edited by XxSAINExX

(edited)

My favorite numbers are any base 2 numbers. Like 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4086, 8192, etc.

My other favorite is 66. It came from a old alias I made back in 06 or 07, when it was completely chosen at random along with my real name.

Edited by Binary
  • Brohoof 1

My favourite number would be 0. (well, it's actually an integer, but I don't care!)

Just something about it that I like I guess. :| I'm weird.

• Brohoof 1

It's an odd number (this is a double joke; get it? ha. ha.), and, really, the appeal to me is in the pattern, and not the actual numbers. It could be written as abbabbaaaabbabba, and I would love it very much.

Again, the appeal to me is in the pattern; allow me write it differently:

1221 22111122 1221

Now, it still not might be clear, so I'll write it again, in the original context in which I started to realise how amazing the number was:

1221 2112 2112 1221

A completely different number, I know, however, this is where the idea spawned; a story will explain.

I can actually remember the day very distinctly. I was 12 years old and sitting in my mother's car, waiting for her as she was inside the bank doing who knows what. All I did was simply tap my foot on the floor. Then I "felt bad" for not tapping my right foot; he was feeling left out, so I tapped that foot. Then I realised the left foot still had an advantage, because he got to go first, so I gave the right foot a turn to go first, which meant I tapped my right foot again, then my left, so the pattern originated: left right right left.

However, I realised that the left was still ahead, as the series was still started with it, so I tried to "cancel it out" by doing the series again, however, starting with the right. So it was LRRL RLLR.

Then I realised, again, that the left was still ahead, and this is where it became obvious to me that I'll never be able to get that sense of equality that I was seeking between the two, yet I continued onwards. Since, essentially, LRRL was just L from the previous series, and RLLR was simply R, the pattern would simply exponentially grow, and to save myself some trouble, I simplified LRRL RLLR RLLR LRRL down to LRRL RRLLLLRR LRRL, because the centre section is obviously just doubled.

At any rate, though, you could continue the pattern for as long as you would like:

[(LRRL) (RLLR) (RLLR) (LRRL)] [(RRLLLLRR) (LLLLRRRRRRRRLLLL) (RRLLLLRR)] [(LRRL) (RRLLLLRR) (LRRL)]

LRRL RRLLLLRR LRRL (or 1,221,221,111,221,221 if you will), though, is the second series, where the pattern truly takes shape, at least, in my eyes.

It's very difficult to explain, but I've always done this kind of thing, and if I'm unable to finish it (if the series comes to my mind) after doing something, like tapping my left thumb, I get a bit irritated.

It is odd.

• Brohoof 2

Any multiples of nine (so nine, 18, 27, 36, etc).

It's come from years of collecting trading cards...the album pages generally have nine slots for cards and when I'm counting along for where a card should go, I think of how far it is from the nearest multiple of nine. Like...if I'm looking for #31, I know it will be the fourth slot on the appropriate page.

All the numbers are just drilled into my brain now, so I always go for something like 36 or 45 if I need a random number.

My top favorite number has to be 7.

It's always been a lucky number to me.

Also, my other favorite numbers are every time you add seven like 14, 21, 28, and so forth.

Fun fact! Did you know? That in high school, I once recieved a book with the coded numbers 777? I smell lucky! XD   

• Brohoof 1

I guess my favorite number will have to be: 8.

You kind of have to watch the anime: "Soul Eater" to get the joke. 

(Or, just know about Death The Kid).

happy.png

• Brohoof 4

11 - my birthday is the 11th and I consider it lucky

but

my

favorite

is

87 (Sidney Crosby's jersey number, and I looooove him so yeah)

Favorite number is 2....I was born 4/2 at 2:02 am...

favorite double digit is 24 & 42

24 because that's my husband's favorite number

42 because that's the answer to everything!

• Brohoof 2

42: I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS NUMBER.  This number, the answer to everything, The total number of points in all the stars of Twily's cutie mark...

7: IDK, I just like it...

• Brohoof 1