Furry discussion thread

Discordian

How do you feel about furries?  

260 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about furries?

• They're pretty cool
    • So weird.
    • Fluttershy is a furry!

I'd like to say I'm a furry. I don't get why the two fandoms don't seem to get along that well. They're so freakin' similar in my eyes. They both love and tolerate, both like animals, furries have fursonas, bronies have ponysonas, we both seem to be vilified by the mainstream media, we both have a surprising amount of *adult* art on the internet, ect. I could go on all day. When Generation 4 of MLP finally ends and when the brony fandom finally starts to die out, I can honestly see a lot of bronies becoming Furries. It's the next closest thing, at least I think so anyways. 

• Brohoof 1

It's really up to you though I would say that if you have a tendency to take notice to and like anthro characters, sometimes over human characters, then it's pretty safe to say you are a furry.

There's several different types of furries too so even if you don't fit in one category you could in another.

There are categories? mlp-abderp.png

Well, I do tend to like anthro characters more than human characters, though it really depends more on the characters....

And i'm a bit indifferent to furry art. I'm more of a fan of the cartoon-looking characters over realistic ones.

I'd like to say I'm a furry. I don't get why the two fandoms don't seem to get along that well. They're so freakin' similar in my eyes. They both love and tolerate, both like animals, furries have fursonas, bronies have ponysonas, we both seem to be vilified by the mainstream media, we both have a surprising amount of *adult* art on the internet, ect. I could go on all day. When Generation 4 of MLP finally ends and when the brony fandom finally starts to die out, I can honestly see a lot of bronies becoming Furries. It's the next closest thing, at least I think so anyways.

They are indeed very VERY similar but just like bronies are often seen in a negative light for stupid reasons, so are furries. I've seen a lot of bronies be so against furries it's as if they are totally blind to the fact that, in a sense, ponies are furry characters purely based on their anthropomorphism.

There are categories? img-1794247-1-mlp-abderp.png

Well, I do tend to like anthro characters more than human characters, though it really depends more on the characters....

And i'm a bit indifferent to furry art. I'm more of a fan of the cartoon-looking characters over realistic ones.

There is indeed. There's those who like only cartoony characters, those who like the ones that are more sexually attractive, those who like hyper-realism, those who like mostly-human with animal features, those who like fursuits, and there's many who mix and match. There's also a lot of electronic music that comes out of the furry fandom just like in MLP.

Just like with anything else, you can be a part of a fandom without liking every part of it. Some prefer their furries to be of the kid-friendly type like Bugs or Sonic. Sometimes furries are made with potentially risque designs but not explicitly made with sexual intentions such as Lola Bunny or many of the Sonic characters.

There is indeed. There's those who like only cartoony characters, those who like the ones that are more sexually attractive, those who like hyper-realism, those who like mostly-human with animal features, those who like fursuits, and there's many who mix and match. There's also a lot of electronic music that comes out of the furry fandom just like in MLP.

Just like with anything else, you can be a part of a fandom without liking every part of it. Some prefer their furries to be of the kid-friendly type like Bugs or Sonic. Sometimes furries are made with potentially risque designs but not explicitly made with sexual intentions such as Lola Bunny or many of the Sonic characters.

Really? Well, by that means, I guess I am a furry...

So, do you know of any good furry sites or artists or whatever? I'm not sure where to go with this. mlp-swhi.png

Yeah I also find that "Bronies Vs. Furries" thing really odd and to me being a brony can easily be considered a sub-genre of being a furry. The ponies in FiM are anthropomorphic after all, even if they are not 50/50 animal/human like a lot of "normal furry art" is.

Personally I consider myself a furry, I think anthro-art is pretty cool and I wouldn't have minded being a FiM pony in real life lol (I also think tails, ears and wings are cute and attractive)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

That depends on what you're looking for, ReGen. You can use any search engine to find furry stuff but you're pretty likely to run into explicit content if you aren't careful.

If you're into comics at all there's a plethora of furry comics to get into such as The Furry Experience, Better Days (and it's sequel comic on the same site, Original Life) and anything on Katbox

Just...be careful. Unlike in the MLP fandom sexually explicit content runs rampant in the furry fandom and it's very easy to run into that sort of stuff.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

(I said the wrong thing Opps Oh well just forget about what i said because

Now i feel stupid because i said something that was wrong 

Edited by codelyoko373

If you do your thing over MLP it does not mean your a furry unless you are doing it over the animals 

If your doing it over there personalitys that does not make you a Furry

Well no one said that being a brony and being a furry were the same. They are very much separate things but there is a lot of easy-to-see comparisons and similarities between them which is why they are grouped together so often.

• Brohoof 1

Edited by codelyoko373

Edited by codelyoko373

A furry is someone who masturbate's to animals but people who masturbate to MLP are called clopper's but i don't think if you masturbate to MLP you are a furry unless you masturbate to the animal they are

What? No, a furry is someone who likes *anthroporphized* animals. Not any animal, and not sexually. Dear lord, what are you talking about?

• Brohoof 2

What? No, a furry is someone who likes *anthroporphized* animals. Not any animal, and not sexually. Dear lord, what are you talking about?

I think i am looking at the wrong type of furry Lol Because i heard furry before but i think someone said the wrong thing 

Oh god Lol

Oh know i feel stupid Sorry everypony

post-19020-0-57713800-1377801110_thumb.png

Edited by codelyoko373
  • Brohoof 1

A furry is someone who masturbate's to animals but people who masturbate to MLP are called clopper's but i don't think if you masturbate to MLP you are a furry unless you masturbate to the animal they are

Are you kidding ME?

A furry is simply someone who has a deep love for animals and animals with human qualities. 

Being a furry does not mean they want to have sex with animals. You're falling into the same stereotype as ignorant people say to bronies. Being a furry myself, I simply just love animals and have some animal characters. Although they are somewhat similar, considering ponies are pretty human like and with falling under a haired-animal category,.

"Sick adult men who are sexually attracted to a young girl's cartoon"

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 2

Are you kidding ME?

A furry is simply someone who has a deep love for animals and animals with human qualities. 

Being a furry does not mean they want to have sex with animals. You're falling into the same stereotype as ignorant people say to bronies. Being a furry myself, I simply just love animals and have some animal characters. Although they are somewhat similar, considering ponies are pretty human like and with falling under a haired-animal category,.

"Sick adult men who are sexually attracted to a young girl's cartoon"

I think i am looking at the wrong type of furry Lol Because i heard furry before but i think someone said the wrong thing 

Oh god Lol

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Being a furry is not zoophilia and anyone who thinks that it is doesn't know anything about it.

A furry character can be anything from Bugs Bunny to Minerva Mink. Animals with human characteristics or humans with animal characteristics. There's nothing more to it than that. There is no sexual connotation unless you give it one.

The term "furry" was actually initially used in the science-fiction fanbase back in the 80s when characters like that started appearing as alien races.

Yes, Thundercats is furry. Probably some of the earliest furry stuff out there that managed to grab a ton of attention.

People throw the term "furry" around with too much negativity.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 5

Lol When i heard about Furries someone said furries are what i just said but then i look up what it is and i noticed he was wrong :/

STUPID GUY WHO TOLD ME THE WRONG MEANING FOR FURRIES

post-19020-0-37472000-1377801630.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Research > Taking someone's word for it. Particularly when that person might be extremely biased against something and their view will be colored to the point where they will make it out to be the worst possible thing to happen to mankind.

• Brohoof 3

1) What furry artists do you follow? (Like on Deviantart, Furaffinity, Tumblr, etc.)

2) What furry series do you follow? (Webcomics? TV? Fictions?)

3) What's your favorite type of furry? (Mammal? Reptile? Avian?)

4) Do you like when non-anthropomorphic characters are turned into furries? (No right or wrong answer here!)

5) What is your opinion on the notion that bronies and furries are one and the same? (Once again, no right or wrong answer)

6) What do you think of anthropomorphic versions of MLP characters?

1) My favorite artist is a furry artist known as Tailsrulz (aka Mark Thompson). You can find his profiles on DA and FurAffinity.

2) I read the furry webcomics Concession and Furthia High. I also play a furry fighting game series called Bloody Roar.

3) I have a number of favorites. I like Wolves, Foxes, Cats, Dragons, Sergals (that is a made up furry species), and that is just a few.

4) Personally, I'm kinda skeptical about this one. If the writing is poor or the animation is crap then I hate it. But on the other hand if a lot of effort and creativity was put into it then I would be very pleased.

5) Eh, they not EXACTLY the same but their are similarities. The ponies are given human characteristics in the show (the ability to talk, act and think on their own), but I wouldn't call them furries.

6) I think it would actually be pretty cool. My only worry is seeing hands and feet on the characters, but if they were to be standing upright and drawn in detail then that is something I would like to see.

If you couldn't tell I am a furry :P

• Brohoof 2

Oh god Lol

Oh know i feel stupid Sorry everypony

S'okay. What I think you've been told about are 'Yiffers' which are to Furries what Cloppers are to Bronies. Yeah, there's a lot of yiffers in the furry fandom, but then there are a lot of cloppers too. >_>

• Brohoof 5

S'okay. What I think you've been told about are 'Yiffers' which are to Furries what Cloppers are to Bronies. Yeah, there's a lot of yiffers in the furry fandom, but then there are a lot of cloppers too. >_>

Oh i always thought they were called furries and what that pony said to me :/ Oh well know i know they are not called Furries and are called yiffers 

I feel stupid now

Edited by codelyoko373

And as previously noted by Discordian, Yiffers in general are not zoophiliacs (neither are Cloppers) sine they are attracted to anthropomorphic animals, a being that is a mix of human and animal with a human mind.

And as previously noted by Discordian, Yiffers in general are not zoophiliacs (neither are Cloppers) sine they are attracted to anthropomorphic animals, a being that is a mix of human and animal with a human mind.

Yeah, I was giving the definition of what @ was told a bit of 'benefit of the doubt', and assuming he figured that bit out on his own. As we were already pilling on him, and I didn't want to beat him with a stick over it, you understand.  :)

• Brohoof 1

1) My favorite artist is a furry artist known as Tailsrulz (aka Mark Thompson). You can find his profiles on DA and FurAffinity.

2) I read the furry webcomics Concession and Furthia High. I also play a furry fighting game series called Bloody Roar.

3) I have a number of favorites. I like Wolves, Foxes, Cats, Dragons, Sergals (that is a made up furry species), and that is just a few.

4) Personally, I'm kinda skeptical about this one. If the writing is poor or the animation is crap then I hate it. But on the other hand if a lot of effort and creativity was put into it then I would be very pleased.

5) Eh, they not EXACTLY the same but their are similarities. The ponies are given human characteristics in the show (the ability to talk, act and think on their own), but I wouldn't call them furries.

6) I think it would actually be pretty cool. My only worry is seeing hands and feet on the characters, but if they were to be standing upright and drawn in detail then that is something I would like to see.

If you couldn't tell I am a furry :P

I LOVE Tailsrulz. Dude's an amazing artist. Bloody Roar is also one of my favorite fighting game series' though I've yet to play the fourth game.

• Brohoof 1

... alrighty then. I'll just show myself the door out of the thread.

(no offence, I'm just personally not into that stuff. But hey, now I know)

Oh wait, Fhaolan and IncognitoKiwoy and then Discordian have answers... that are different.

Errr, stop responding before I can respond lol.

Okay, so there was apparently a misunderstanding. Hey at least you guys were all peaceful about it more or less, I applaud you guys for that. I say this because recently on the internet I've faced over-sensitive paranoia/a brick wall, the scale of it was mind blowing. But I digress.

I now know what a furry is, at least I hope I do. Don't worry too much about it codelyoko373. No real harm done.

• Brohoof 2