Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you improve the designs?

kirbyboi

I don't agree. Again, technicolor look worked for Doug- and it works just as well for EG.

It's the lack of variety in build that sinks the style(Doug had very varied character design).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would have given them normal looking skin colors, and would probably get rid of those weird looking boots and just give them normal looking footwear, something that speaks to their personalities and not have them all wear boots that are basically clones of each other like some sort of weird fashion style in this setting. Rainbow Dash would wear sneakers, Pinkie and Twilight would wear normal shoes or sandals (with no socks), Applejack cowboy boots, Fluttershy sandals (with no socks) Rarity high heeled boots or high heeled sandals.

Or just something like this:

img-1473376-1-mlp_the_mane_6_by_sapphire

I think they should have more variety in their attire, basically. As for their races, I don't really care, but I'd prefer:

Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie: white

Rarity: white or black

Twilight: latino, asian or white

Rainbow Dash: latino or white

Edited by Mr. Jaguar
  • Brohoof 1

I personally prefer this: http://schpog-art.tumblr.com/post/41893331484/askhumanappledash-aj-since-so-many-of-ya-were

and this: http://askhumanpinkiedash.tumblr.com/tagged/character-concept

but those are a little too detailed for flash, so maybe this PSG style one: http://soundmonkeymediamadness.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/bcgn7t7cuaaxoj_-large.jpg

I do think that it would have been better if they risked it with the skin colors. In my personal headcanon, the skin order would be Pinkie(super pale to the point that it looks pinkish because of the blood), Rarity(pale, but with some color), Applejack(tanned caucasian), Fluttershy(light olive skin), Rainbow Dash(dark tan), and Twilight(black). 

They should also give more variety when it comes to their bodies. In my headcanon, Pinkie Pie would be chubby, AJ muscular and a little chubby on top, Rarity and Fluttershy are slender with curves, RD is lean and toned, and Twilight's a thin pear, but like the skin tones I'd be curious to see what they'd do with the bodies instead. They're probably similar because it's easier to swap out clothes, but if the clothes are cloth like barbie clothes, then there can easily make minor differences without it being too bad. Plus, it'd be interesting if each doll had their own set of clothes that could be identified by the size and style, and dolls of similar size could share clothes but it won't always fit, like an AJ outfit would be super huge on RD. 

Even so, I understand why they did what they did and it still looks nice, so I'm not complaining. This is just what I would have done if I was in their shoes!

(edited)

I think Rainbow Dash should be wearing either a hoodie and jeans and an MP3 player, or a T-shirt and shorts. 

Rarity should be wearing some chic outfit that I don't know what. I just know that what they are making her wear does NOT look like her style. 

Thirdly, couldn't they keep Twiight a unicorn JUST for this? I mean, must they shove it down our throats like that?

4. They need to lose the lipstick. 

5. keep their unique parts, e.g wings horns.

6. No tails, but leave the hair the color it is.

7. Pretty much, Chanokun's style:

The way he does it is PERFECT.

Also, the episodes would need to not be situated in a hgh school with teen drama. Oh yeah, also if 6 ponies have to be humanized, then I would prefer if EVERYPONY was humanized.

In MY headcannon, Twilight has olive skin (and she'd look kinda asian/latino). Rainbow Dash and Applejack and light-skinned, but tanned. Rarity would be pale, but Pinkie pie would be a bit rosy cheeked, and fluttershy somewhere in-between.

Rainbow Dash would be short and toned, Aj would be the tallest and muscular. Twilight would be average height and ever so slightly chubbyish, and Rarity would be about her height, maybe a bit shorter and thin. Fluttershy is taller than Twilight  and maybe AJ and maybe more chubby, but not too chubby,. Pinkie Pie is probably about as short as Rainbow Dash, maybe taller, maybe shorter, and yet, she'd be normal. Not really thin, but not chubby. Like average weight. 

Edited by ~Chaotic Fireball~

I think Rainbow Dash should be wearing either a hoodie and jeans and an MP3 player, or a T-shirt and shorts. 

Rarity should be wearing some chic outfit that I don't know what. I just know that what they are making her wear does NOT look like her style. 

Thirdly, couldn't they keep Twiight a unicorn JUST for this? I mean, must they shove it down our throats like that?

4. They need to lose the lipstick. 

5. keep their unique parts, e.g wings horns.

6. No tails, but leave the hair the color it is.

7. Pretty much, Chanokun's style:

The way he does it is PERFECT.

Also, the episodes would need to not be situated in a hgh school with teen drama. Oh yeah, also if 6 ponies have to be humanized, then I would prefer if EVERYPONY was humanized.

In MY headcannon, Twilight has olive skin (and she'd look kinda asian/latino). Rainbow Dash and Applejack and light-skinned, but tanned. Rarity would be pale, but Pinkie pie would be a bit rosy cheeked, and fluttershy somewhere in-between.

Rainbow Dash would be short and toned, Aj would be the tallest and muscular. Twilight would be average height and ever so slightly chubbyish, and Rarity would be about her height, maybe a bit shorter and thin. Fluttershy is taller than Twilight  and maybe AJ and maybe more chubby, but not too chubby,. Pinkie Pie is probably about as short as Rainbow Dash, maybe taller, maybe shorter, and yet, she'd be normal. Not really thin, but not chubby. Like average weight. 

I don't agree with this. Single horns on humans are hard to pull off well, and they nearly ruin Chanokun's design by being ridiculously out of place(and color makes them look terrible). And heck, Chanokun's designs could also benefit from more colour.

• 2 years later...

I think they should give Rarity, Twilight and Sunset horns instead of just ears (or wings in twilights case). Also they should've made applejack's skin more orange. Also make them more realistic. They have legs up to there head, hips bigger than there torso, arms like toothpicks, and waists almost as skinny as there arms. Other than that, I like the designs!

post-34857-0-12321800-1443064147_thumb.jpg

Well, first, horns where they correspond, second, Dashie's skirt. I'm not against her wearing them, she might be a tomboy, but she's a girl, but that bright pink color.... not fits her. The alicorn women, I'm not too fond of their lips, but they're not THAT unappealing, at least empathizes they're older. Other than that, I'm not complaining much for their designs, at least they have five fingers :dash:  

• Brohoof 1

Depends, I've gotten really used to the character designs and I actually really like 'em. It's not the first show to use odd skin colors(see Doug and The Simpsons), and I'm kinda glad they went that route. Many people, especially on Tumblr and Derpibooru, often get into nasty fights over the skin colors of the mane 6 quite often.

As for the character designs themselves. Like I said before, I'd have Rainbow Dash ditch her pink skirt, as it clashes horribly with the rest of her aesthetic

Though on that tangent, I'd probably make it so RD and AJ are the only characters wearing skirts, just to piss people off  :sneer:

The only thing I think is really necessary though is to ditch the awful looking lipstick on the princess characters :eww:

I for one really dislike the lips they give some of the characters, particularly Luna and Celestia. Of note, during the Rally Song in Friendship Games, there is one moment where two characters(Aqua Blossom & Cherry Crash) are suddenly not depicted with the lips they usually have. They both look much nicer this way, especially Cherry Crash, who is CUTE without the lips.

post-35150-0-97966100-1443292474_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1