Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Littlest Pet Shop (TV Show)

BeatrixBow

Hey everypony! So I've really been enjoying watching Littlest Pet shop after MLP. It's really intersting and funny. I love how they use some of the same voices from MLP for LPS. It's pretty cool. But why I'm really posting this is to talk about Blythe's style! I mean, it's like amazing! Just look:

Blythe_Baxter.jpgblythe__s_priceless_face_by_thatwyguyontblythe_by_lunabubble_ede96-d5oe9wx.pngadorkable_blythe_by_zetararity-d5pie8h.j 

I wish I could find more pics, but they are limited. These are the only ones with different outfits. Hmm. Maybe I should draw her outfits! I'll try toi get into that.....ANYWAYS. If you are familiar with or watch LPS, you know what I mean, right? Blythe style is amazing! :)

• Brohoof 8

I like how the humans don't wear the same thing everyday. That's nice. Except, I really don't like the character designs. While the animation is awesome, the oversized heads and eyes, even for males, gets to me. Plus every character, and I mean EVERY character, permanently has a rainbow lense flare in their eyes. Which is just gag. >.<

While the show is quite good, for a kid's show, it is not as clean as MLP, and I don't enjoy it as much. One of the reason I got into MLP was the cutie marks, and the whole story behind them. Then you've got mythical monsters, and such. But this is set in a non-magical modern world. So it is much more boring. I can't say I really enjoy it.

• Brohoof 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nZowPYMfQQ

This show is awesome, I wouldn't have know about it if it wasn't for MLP FiM. It'snot quite as good as MLP, I'm not a fan of the animation and I prefer the epic fantasy background of Equestria, but the characters and the slice-of-life stories are just as good.

I still can't decide who is best pet, it just keeps hopping around depending on which character the episode focuses on, Russel, Pepper, Sunil....

LPS drinking game: take a drink whenever something reminds you of MLP.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Big Mac and Sunil are voiced by the same guy...

• Brohoof 2

Wrong forum  :P  But no it is pretty neat though. Although i haven't really watched it after the first two episodes. Is it that good? But no MLP FOREVER!

Of COURSE it is not as good as MLP! It is not that "GOOD" as you say, but it is quite the entertainment. I like the different personalities of the pets, and I have to say my favorite would be Sunil. He is adorable. Nuff said. the_great_and_powerful_sunil_by_cartunes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nZowPYMfQQ

This show is awesome, I wouldn't have know about it if it wasn't for MLP FiM. It'snot quite as good as MLP, I'm not a fan of the animation and I prefer the epic fantasy background of Equestria, but the characters and the slice-of-life stories are just as good.

I still can't decide who is best pet, it just keeps hopping around depending on which character the episode focuses on, Russel, Pepper, Sunil....

LPS drinking game: take a drink whenever something reminds you of MLP.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Big Mac and Sunil are voiced by the same guy...

O.O THEY ARE VOICED BY THE SAME GUY?!? My life has just flashed before my eyes........ :o  I do enjoy the "slice-of-life stories" as well. They are original. So far, I'd have to say my favorite episode was the one when Vinnie and Blyhte go to Hollywood with Blythe's dad. Funny stuff. :P

O.O THEY ARE VOICED BY THE SAME GUY?!? My life has just flashed before my eyes........ :o  I do enjoy the "slice-of-life stories" as well. They are original. So far, I'd have to say my favorite episode was the one when Vinnie and Blyhte go to Hollywood with Blythe's dad. Funny stuff. :P

Also, Mrs Twombly is Trixie.

I thought about making some MLP-LPS crossover art, and I hope this thread stays alive.

I just realised I haven't watched the show in a while, and missed the last two episodes, better catch up.

I just watched Littlest Pet Shop for the first time today. I don't see it creating a big adult fanbase like MLP, but it's a really cute show! I love how they're taking a page from MLP, and including songs. I loved Zoe's introduction song. I'll just say in passing that I'm glad I have Firefox's Download Helper. I was worried that Hasbro would pull the episodes from Youtube before i got a chance to see them all. As of Jan 28th, they still had 1-12 from various uploaders. 

Mrs. Twombly is- Wow, I' m gonna need to look at the credits more often. Heh, the shows are pretty good, actually. It would be awesome if you made some croosover art!

Do crossover PMVs count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qp3UKfOmO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLCkeLMuLqY

As you can gather, I'm a fan of both shows. I personally like the less fantastical setting a lot (and was kind of disappointed by the fact that Sunil actually has legitimate abilities and is not just using sleight of hand). The biggest problems with the show are:

A. It often has issues with pacing and keeping the plotlines organized

B. It is a lot more hit-and-miss in terms of quality than MLP is.

But when it's good television, it's good television. Vinnie rose from worst pet to best pet in 12 episodes flat.

• Brohoof 2

I WANT TO BUY DVD!! Glad I'm not the only one here who like this show.  :lol: Her dad (roger is it? yah, Roger Baxter) is vair vair funny. I love how he is a pilot but he can't drive to save his life. :P

I just started watching LPS, and so far it's pretty good. I really like the art, if nothing else. I probably would have started watching sooner, but since I watch MLP online and not on tv, it didn't even really occur to me until I saw Peter New (Big Mac and Sunil) talking about at ANIMATE! (which, by the way, is a definite candidate for the most obnoxious convention name of all time)

• Brohoof 1

I've been avoiding this subject because I've been hearing how this was trying to get the same status of fans as MLP and I'm quite frankly not a big fan of "Tryhard Media" however, seeing all the comments on here I may just give this show a shot after all, it can't be THAT bad

The next person who makes a thread about this dumb parody of MLP will be sliced in half!

Dededekirby.gif

Because I always liked that.

Anyways...

I don't like the show. It reminds me too much of a parody between a teenage drama and a little girls show. Just my thoughts.

I started watching it quite a while ago, and it wasn't so bad. Saying that, I did get a bit bored after a few episodes, and I don't like the designs for the human characters much. I might continue watching it at some point, though.

Yeah ok, I am going to be the one to say it. But before I do! I hope that until this point I was known as being a beacon of shining light and happiness, and that MLP is the single greatest cartoon ever created. Right? we done now?

By Celestia is this show awful Is THIS where our money for season three went? THIS is the reason we only have a 13 episode season? whoever delegated this action needs to be shot in the head, and then thrown out of a window. For a show so clearly trying to mirror MLP it does an awful job at it, the characters are bland and boring, the art style at least tries to mimic mlp but uses the most bleak versions of every color possible to make it impossible to look at, and the dialogue makes my rectum crawl inside myself out of embarrassment 

1/10 don't give it a second season 

The biggest problems with the show are: A. It often has issues with pacing and keeping the plotlines organized B. It is a lot more hit-and-miss in terms of quality than MLP is.

It is astute critical observations like this that made me think you were between 17 and 20 at one time.  How did you learn to become such a good judge of television quality? 

On topic, I've only watched one episode and maybe it was a lousy one and that's why I wasn't hooked?  Anyway, the way the Hub promotes LPS on MLP reminds me of the way Cartoon Network use to push new programs like Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on Powerpuff Girls viewers. 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

I'm sorry, I just don't see the appeal of this show. It almost gives off the vibe that Hasbro was trying to create another MLP:FiM, but failed in my opinion. 

I would had rathered Hasbro give Season 3 a bigger budget, and this show never get green lit in the first place.

Crap, I never did say why I didn't like LPS. OK, the first episode I watched in its entirety was a Dancing with the Stars parody which was totally boring, predictable, and over the top. Blythe and Vinnie don't have one ounce of dancing talent between them. But Vinnie gets 15 minutes of dancing lessons from a group of hip hop alley critters and all of a sudden he can (literally) carry Blythe to a dancing victory on stage. I know cartoons require a suspension of disbelief. But this actually makes the notion of a little cyan pegasus breaking the sound barrier seem realistic by comparison.

Anyway, I decided to give LPS another try. The episode I watched this time is Mean Is Not Your Color.  This episode had a more discernible plot with little problems and solutions that seem fitting for this genre. One thing that was memorable was a rubber ducky which makes the same sound as a squeeing pony. I also get a laugh out of Blythe's dad but I'm not exactly sure how to interpret his portrayal. Is he literally as embarrassing and uncool as he looks on screen? Or are we seeing him through his daughter's eyes? Parents, your kids love you to death, but don't waste your time trying to look cool to them. The harder you try, the sillier you look. I also enjoyed Blythe's voice (Ashleigh Ball). At times she sounds like Rainbow Dash, but for the most part, she sounds like Dashie trying to do a Twilight Sparkle impression.

Final analysis. Do I expect to become a regular viewer of this cartoon?  No. It just doesn't have that captivating “wow” factor I've seen in MLP and other cartoons. At least I haven't noticed it yet. We were able to identify several epic moments in MLP (see Show Discussion). Does LPS have any? If anybody has a suggestion, I'm willing to give it one more look.

• Brohoof 2

Final analysis. Do I expect to become a regular viewer of this cartoon?  No. It just doesn't have that captivating “wow” factor I've seen in MLP and other cartoons. At least I haven't noticed it yet. We were able to identify several epic moments in MLP (see Show Discussion). Does LPS have any? If anybody has a suggestion, I'm willing to give it one more look.

I actually loved that Dancing With The Stars parody episode because Vinnie was like the most adorkable character ever. Opinions.  -_-

I would definitely recommend Gailbreak if you are going to give the show one last try. It's got an epic moment, has a focused plot, and gives good amounts of screentime to the best characters.

I personally liked Russell Up Some Fun and Penny For Your Laughs a lot too, but those two both have noticable flaws, especially that last one, which has much in common with The Mysterious Mare Do Well (makes you root for the wrong side, makes the main characters into "villains", I love it a lot more than most other fans I've seen...).

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 2

Anyway, I decided to give LPS another try. The episode I watched this time is Mean Is Not Your Color.  This episode had a more discernible plot with little problems and solutions that seem fitting for this genre. One thing that was memorable was a rubber ducky which makes the same sound as a squeeing pony. I also get a laugh out of Blythe's dad but I'm not exactly sure how to interpret his portrayal. Is he literally as embarrassing and uncool as he looks on screen? Or are we seeing him through his daughter's eyes? Parents, your kids love you to death, but don't waste your time trying to look cool to them. The harder you try, the sillier you look. I also enjoyed Blythe's voice (Ashleigh Ball). At times she sounds like Rainbow Dash, but for the most part, she sounds like Dashie trying to do a Twilight Sparkle impression.  

- The rubber duck, I was so taken aback when I heard it, it was so awesome.

- I like to think of Blythe's dad as being batshit insane, it helps.

- Blythe's voice is great, I love it when that RD sound shows up. In one episode, Blythe take a dive and her friend ask if she's hurt, Blythe answers "just my pride"...it sound exactly like in "May the best pet win". That quote was one of the most epic moments in LPS. Blythe's screamng is the most recognizable   part of her voice.

- If you're going to watch another episode, watch "Gailbreak", it's the best one yet: Sunil has the most epic rampage, and Tabitha St. Germain gives us a mind-blowing Rarity voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2NSUwgQTZ4

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

I know I probably shouldn't bump this thread for what I'm about to say.  But I left the Hub on after MLP concluded.  I wasn't even paying attention to the TV but Blythe was looking for Russel.  Then out of nowhere, Blythe does this Fluttershy "Yay!" 

That was too adorkable, and I'm sure Ashleigh had fun doing that.  :)

• Brohoof 2