115 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Browser Pony?

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Safari
    • Opera
    • Torch

For me it's a tie between Google Chrome and Torch. I picked Torch though because she just looks so cute! (I didn't know about her until just now, but still... She's cute)

As for the browser I actually use, Firefox. I've used it for a few years now and I don't plan on changing that any time soon.

Edited by Blazing Hoof

You know, I am very critical on Internet Explorer and it's my least favourite browser out of the most popular choices... but as a Pony, I'm going to vote for her. It really is amazing, it's one of the most used browsers on the web, but also one of the most hated... Oh, and as for why I voted for her, it's a mix of pity and liking her design.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

So one "character design" I'd like to see for Internet Explorer is someone who used to be heartless, evil, and ultimately useless, but then slowly got better and more reasonable over time. However, everyone remembers her as being so hate-able, so she can never quite change everyone's perceptions of her.

Microsoft has even tried an advertising campaign like that once.

What's especially funny (speaking as a web developer) is when IE10 (which SHOULD support just about everything Chrome does) is given special rules by websites "because it's Internet Explorer" to make the experience consistent with the real browsers. So, it ends up feeling just like IE6/IE7 on a lot of websites.

As for the characters: Firefox was best before pony-ifying, and is best after. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• 4 weeks later...

Chrome is my browser all the way. First of all the pony is freaking adorable :) And second of all, I have the least trouble with Chrome. Firefox is good also, but it's just not my preference. 

Concerning I.E. Microsoft needs to send out a message that says, "Thank you, world, for making Internet Explorer the #1 browser used to download a better browser" :D 

I kid, of course. You know, after they released I.E. 9, I feel like I'm using Internet Explorer a whole lot more. Version 8 that shipped with the initial release of Windows 7 and anything prior is just not good by today's standards. The thing is I.E. wasn't even that good by the standards of the OS releases. But Internet Explorer has really made a comeback. It's minimalistic and fast. I really like it, honestly. 

Plus I just wanna hug I.E. pony...

• 10 years later...
(edited)

I chose Internet explorer pony, she/he is cute and I feel bad for her/him. But all of them are cute:please:

Edited by Dupluna