Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Now that's an interesting point

~StatesTheOblivious~

(edited)

I quite accidentally found this. Maybe it's just overanalyzed.

Watch at your own risk.

I don't want to make the absolute haters more angry, but I think this is an interesting observation to share. I didn't find it here on the forums yet.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/31d195ad11c2ff59f76aa885aab3bc9f/tumblr_mmt8o30qtj1ri7n56o1_1280.png

What do you think?

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Cool. Twilight gets a colt friend...maybe. If true, this could be very interesting *.

Season Four is looking a lot more interesting.

* a little romance always spices up a show.

Edited by Silverhoof

Now this....would be interesting. Not sure if I would call it season 4 being affected by Equestria Girls, but it seems they might be testing the waters for this idea in EqG. Only time can tell really.

On that note, this would actually be cute in my opinion, in REAL FiM that is. As long as they do not emphasize it too much, if that is what they are doing. I would not mind a romantic relationship for one of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 3

Ooh, now that's something I didn't notice! Very interesting!

But I don't think he'll have a real part in FIM though, since Meghan McCarthy already said EqG wouldn't affect the show...

No matter what happens, we have the same awesome cast of writers and VA's at the core of it, and I will continue to have faith in them, no matter what BS Hasbro wants them to do. I could personally care less, anon :3

• Brohoof 2

I get the feeling that while Equestria Girls itself may not influence season 4, it doesn't mean that it won't give hints to anything that might happen in season 4.

My guess is that you can watch and understand season 4 without needing to watch Equestria Girls, but it isn't going to be completely and totally separate from MLP.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting. I just don't see it going beyond Equestria Girls, even if it actually does happen in the movie.

In the show, MLP:FIM, I mean, I'm not against any of the girls having a boyfriend or even a girlfriend (as if it is going to happen...). The main reason for this is that it actually adds nothing. There is nothing they can touch on this subject in the show that is not going to cause mass hysteria among paranoid mothers.

great.... this is just... no i really really hope this is not the case, this will suck, and absolutely ruin the show, period. i hope this is just over analyzation 

• Brohoof 1

In the show, MLP:FIM, I mean, I'm not against any of the girls having a boyfriend or even a girlfriend (as if it is going to happen...). The main reason for this is that it actually adds nothing. There is nothing they can touch on this subject in the show that is not going to cause mass hysteria among paranoid mothers.

I wouldn't say that it adds nothing. There are plenty of ways that G-rated romances can develop that will not offend people. It has happened in several cartoons and kids movies before, and the romances develop character. I think of Disney Pixar movies Up and Cars. In Cars, Lightning and Sally have honest conversations about their feelings for one another, and it develops Lightning's character. In Up, their relationship is developed for the first 15 minutes of the movie and we see them growing old together during that time.

Romance stories can remain innocent. And they can develop character.

• Brohoof 2

Well Disney movies have done romance forever and with the shows demographic in mind. They don't have to show a new Captain the Guard, but it would be interesting especially if Shining Armor wasn't happy with the match.

(edited)

*throws hat on ground*

I'VE BEEN POINTING THIS OUT FOR DAYS. RIGHT HERE. ON THIS FORUM. AURRGGHHHHHHHHHFUUUUUUUUUUU--

--okay, wait, no, I'm good. Almost lost my cool there.

Either way, yes, it's an interesting tidbit.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

*throws hat on ground*

I'VE BEEN POINTING THIS OUT FOR DAYS. RIGHT HERE. ON THIS FORUM. AURRGGHHHHHHHHHFUUUUUUUUUUU--

If it makes you feel better, I remember you or at least someone pointing it out before. :)

Can't wait to see this movie to finally be able to figure out what all of this is about! lol

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say that it adds nothing. There are plenty of ways that G-rated romances can develop that will not offend people. It has happened in several cartoons and kids movies before, and the romances develop character. I think of Disney Pixar movies Up and Cars. In Cars, Lightning and Sally have honest conversations about their feelings for one another, and it develops Lightning's character. In Up, their relationship is developed for the first 15 minutes of the movie and we see them growing old together during that time.Romance stories can remain innocent. And they can develop character.

I'm not a big fan of romance but I do most certainly like both of those stories. Especially in the UP movie because both Fredricson and Ellie both have a genuine relationship with each other while they grow old together. It's also saddening to see it end in tragedy with both the miscarriage and Ellies death. It proves that romance stories can be well done with the proper writing.

The thing in Equestria Girls though is that it's in a completely different setting and atmosphere and as such; will be treated very differently. I'm aware that Meghan McCarthy is the movie's primary writer, but I'm worried that Hasbro will be a little too restrictive on her and make the supposed romance a bit too sloppy.

I'm hoping the romantic aspect of the movie will be avoided completely, although with Twilight having to compete with what's her name to be prom queen.......*gulp* there has to be a King as well. (And I'm going all in to bet it's going to be generic high school guy)

I'm not a big fan of romance but I do most certainly like both of those stories. Especially in the UP movie because both Fredricson and Ellie both have a genuine relationship with each other while they grow old together. It's also saddening to see it end in tragedy with both the miscarriage and Ellies death. It proves that romance stories can be well done with the proper writing.

The thing in Equestria Girls though is that it's in a completely different setting and atmosphere and as such; will be treated very differently. I'm aware that Meghan McCarthy is the movie's primary writer, but I'm worried that Hasbro will be a little too restrictive on her and make the supposed romance a bit too sloppy.

I'm hoping the romantic aspect of the movie will be avoided completely, although with Twilight having to compete with what's her name to be prom queen.......*gulp* there has to be a King as well. (And I'm going all in to bet it's going to be generic high school guy)

I myself don't like a lot of romance. In fact I only really like romance in a story if it is secondary to the main plot. "Romance stories" usually are not done well at all, in my opinion.

I do understand your concern, but considering that we have only seen 2 seconds of this guy in the trailer, nobody has any idea how the story will turn out, or really, how generic he is. So it is hard for me or anyone to say that there isn't anything to worry about, because none of us can be sure of that. XD

I will say that because he only showed up in 2 seconds of the trailer, and Twilight's friends showed up for much longer than that, at least he won't be playing a HUGE role in the movie, at least it doesn't seem like it. Friendship still seems to be the #1 priority in this movie, so at least we know that the movie itself won't be a "romance" movie.

• Brohoof 2

*throws hat on ground*

Oops... oh,sorry. I just reread some of the threads. I guess I skipped your posts and a few others before. *scratches head*

I found this picture by dumb luck... typing in 'Prince Dusk Shine'.

The Internet is a strange place.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Prince Dusk Shine?

Um, I really hope that's not his name. Because that's just combining Twilight's and Shining Armor's names. XD

The r63 version of Twilight Sparkle is often named this way. And since I think, male alicorns are at least possible... but let's not drift into that topic.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious

The r63 version of Twilight Sparkle is often named this way. And since I think, male alicorns are at least possible... but let's not drift into that topic.

Hahahahahahaha OK, I do not venture into the r63 world all too often. Gender-bending is weird to me.

Phew! Thanks for clearing that up.

• Brohoof 1

I distintly remember LF saying that there was a pool of pre aproved generic CMs by hasbro and that the staff randomly assinges them to various background characters. I think that is the case here.