Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Hoofstomp High (Romance/SOL)

Flareon

(edited)

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/61078-hoofstomp-high-romance-sol-all-slots-filled/?p=1479675

Corona walked into the large school building the rest of the ponies walking down the halls. Corona had was having her first year in her new school. Her saddlebags filled with the books she'd be needing for her classes. Corona had her class schedule and locker number in wing. Corona finally found her locker and with some trouble managed to open her locker, placing her books in the locker.

Corona headed down the hall and into the first class for the day History. Corona entered seeing their teacher using his magic to write on the chalk board. It was still early so Corona took her seat, looking around and trying to see who were going to be her classmates.

Edited by Quilava

(edited)

(OOC: OK! Here I go!)

Sterling had just awoke from his restful sleep eager to start a new year of high school! He was not much of a social pony; he loved his scientific work, especially when it came to biology. He loved to examine all sorts of creatures and see what was inside. He also loved to play music, especially the piano and violin. Everyone who knew him knew he was a prodigy at both instruments and that he was one filled with promise.

Sterling loved to be early for school, especially since his parents were very punctual ponies too. 'First day of high school! I can't wait to see what I can learn today! All my textbooks, materials, and food are in my bag!' thought an excited Sterling as he trotted happily out of his apartment in Manehattan to attend what his parents called "Hoofstomp High"! 

He arrived at least fifteen minutes early for his first class of the new school year: History. It wasn't a subject that particularly intrigued him, but it wasn't the least favourite of his classes either. He trotted through the school hallways that were filled with very colourful tiles. It left Sterling wondering whether the designer of the school was an artist. He arrived at his locker, which was conveniently beside the room of him first class, placed many of his other textbooks there and made sure he only carried his notebook, pencils, and his history textbook to class.

When he finished organizing his materials, he trotted happily to his first class. Sterling noticed that he wasn't the first pony to enter the classroom. He noticed a grey pegasus with a blue and orange mane. 'Hmm she must be just as punctual as I am... That's nice to see!' thought Sterling as he took his seat at the middle rows of the classroom. He took a good look around his classroom just to see where everything was. He noticed a male unicorn writing down housekeeping things on the chalkboard with his magic. He looked nice enough, considering his neat handwriting and high organizational skills. He noticed maps of Equestria and the known world on the cream walls of the classroom and the old history books on the shelves behind him.

After observing his classroom, Sterling happily wondered just how this school year would begin. 'Hopefully it won't be as bad as my previous years where lots of ponies poked fun at me for liking biology more than hanging out with mares...' thought Sterling as he waited patiently for his first class to start. 

Edited by Sterling Crimson

Flare arrived at school for his first year as he had everything he needed in his saddle bag which was the usualy school stuff including his laptop which he probably never will need to take it out during class. Flare pulled out his schedule and headed to his first class which was history. "Great history....maybe the teacher won be as bad" Flare sighed as he arrived at the classroom and took a seat.

(edited)

Poppy entered the school of Hoofstomp High in confusion. She had moved schools, so it was very different. Her blue saddlebag was full of her books (not to mention some discarded paint brushes) that she needed for her class. She looked down at her schedule, making sure to not look anypony in the eye. Until she bumped into something.

"Oh gosh I'm so-- and it's wall".

Not only was she socially awkward, Poppy wasn't exactly the most graceful pony in the barn. And there she was! Right where she needed to be. History.

She sat two desks next to a pony with a cutie mark shaped like a moon with a ring around it. Interesting.

"Time for class." She muttered under her breath, and while she waited for the teacher, she doodled on a piece of paper.

Edited by ✮Chaotic Eureka✮

@@Quilava,

Star Rain dodged past other students and a few teachers while getting to her locker number. She levitated her notes in front of her and ran head-first into one of the lockers, which brought about laughter directed at her. Flustered, she just opened her locker with her magic and placed the books she didn't need for history in the locker, with the exception of a few stories and a sketchpad. Right, first day in high school and I get a bump on my head. Am I going to be tripping a lot here? 

Still rubbing her head, she made it to history class and took a seat next to a grey pegasus. She then levitated her agenda, notebook, textbook, supply box, and folder out onto her desk. She also levitated a sketchbook out and began to draw a cute kitty that had the words "kawii" on the bottom of the page.

Sterling was beginning to notice all the other ponies entering the history classroom for their first class of the new school year. What struck him most was that most of his classmates were mares. 'All these mares are making me nervous... what if one of them wants to talk to me, or what if I have to work on a school project with them? I'll be terrible at being friends with mares; sides, I get nervous when I talk with them which would probably turn them off anyway right? Problem solved!'

Sterling kept on thinking thoughts like that to himself as more mares entered the room. At this point he tried heavily to focus even more on the class that was to begin shortly. Hopefully he would learn about the world of Peloponysia and the Ancient Wars, or even the founding of Equestria as was depicted every Hearth's Warming Eve in Canterlot! 

Corona sat at her desk looking at the ponies that piled in around her each one taking there seat at a desk near her. She could see a mare with a multicolored mane two desks away from her. A lavender mare sat next to her with a beautiful pink and gold mane and tail. Sitting two seats behind her was a dark red stallion, and across from him was a crimson colored stallion.

The teacher was waiting for all of his students to show up. More and more ponies started to flow into the room a few seats still empty and needing to be filled. Corona was getting more worried, she'd never been around so many ponies before. Her last school was just a small little thingwith a class of maybe around 14.

Flare pulled out a pencil and paper and decided on drawing a changeling to pass time or at least till the teacher starts speaking. "A changeling isn't that difficult...I wonder if I should draw the Queen..." Flare thought as he started on the head and neck and the mane.

Corona pulled out one of her favorite books and started reading it until the teacher placed his chalk down on the ledge of the chalk board. "Good morning class, and welcome to History. I'm your teacher Mr.Grey Mane." True to his word the black unicorns mane was solid grey. Corona giggled lightly at the name, "Miss Corona was it since you find my name so amusing why don't you tell me how it was that Equestria was formed." Grey Mane asked. Corona was smart but right then and there she was drawing a complete blank. "Um...well...I...I don't remember sir." Corona sunk back in her seat when she heard some students laughing at her some girls in the back giggling about how she didn't even know about that. Corona just blushed a deep red and hid her face in her textbook.

(OOC: Remember the teachers are a group character so everyone is able to post as the teachers just make sure to follow alona similar line and not going all over the place ok guys.)

Flare stopped drawing and heard the question. "Wasn't it because three ponies came together after they noticed they needed help from each other cause of some spirits that were summoned by the anger and bitterness the ponies had causing the world to almost freeze" Flare said as he remembered what he could.

((Trying to remember the episode this was explained in))

@,@@Quilava

Star Rain snickered into her hooves at the sound of the teacher's name, but she then got the same punishment as Corona and got some giggles from the back as well. He stared at her sternly, ignoring Flare. "Well, er... " she stuttered at first, then she managed to collect her memories again.

"Well, I know that Platinum and Clover the Clever from the old unicorn tribe was one of the founders. So was Hurricane and Pansy from the pegasi tribe and Puddinghead and... darn it I forgot her name. But they came from the earth pony tribe. They were trying to get away from their old land, which became frozen by Winde-... yeah, Windegos! And yeah... pretty much what that guy over there said about them, and the Fire of Friendship was born and... that's all I remember." 

To her embarrassment, Star began to hear the words "dork", "geek", "nerd", and other names being directed at both her and Flare.

(edited)

Corona pulled out one of her favorite books and started reading it until the teacher placed his chalk down on the ledge of the chalk board. "Good morning class, and welcome to History. I'm your teacher Mr.Grey Mane." True to his word the black unicorns mane was solid grey. Corona giggled lightly at the name, "Miss Corona was it since you find my name so amusing why don't you tell me how it was that Equestria was formed." Grey Mane asked. Corona was smart but right then and there she was drawing a complete blank. "Um...well...I...I don't remember sir." Corona sunk back in her seat when she heard some students laughing at her some girls in the back giggling about how she didn't even know about that. Corona just blushed a deep red and hid her face in her textbook.

(OOC: Remember the teachers are a group character so everyone is able to post as the teachers just make sure to follow alona similar line and not going all over the place ok guys.)

Class was just beginning when Sterling had just left his daydream about all the history he'd learn in this class. He noticed how many of the ponies laughed at Corona for not knowing her Equestrian history. Nonetheless, he was among the few ponies who didn't laugh at Corona's faux pas at the beginning of the history class. He didn't expect Mr. Grey Mane to be strict from the get go. Plus, he didn't really know it either other than the story the Mane 6 told at Hearth's Warming Eve. Plus, how could Corona help but giggle? It was quite a plain name, and his mane WAS grey... He did however look back briefly at Corona with a slight frown, hoping that she wasn't too embarrassed at what happened.

Mr. Grey then continued with some housekeeping things, such as possible projects and tests. He also spent a few minutes covering what the class would be learning in history class and expected "nothing but the best" from his students as he began to teach...

"Dont call people names when they know more then you" Flare thought as he glared at one of the ponies calling him and Star Rain names. "If there's a problem for knowing a bit of history then send me too the moon if not shut the buck up or do you want to be called names also cause so far I can call you a million names and you wont do anything about it" Flare said as he continued drawing Queen Chrysalis on his piece of paper.

(edited)

@,

"Will Mr. Flare kindly refrain from speaking out loud?" My. Grey Mane asked Flare slowly before going back to his lesson. Star Rain then wrote a quick note on top of her notebook like she was taking notes and hid her horn with her hooves. She used a simple teleportation spell to bring the note over to Flare.

The aqua blue note read:

Hey thanks for standing up to those ponies. And sorry for attracting attention over to you like that when I gave out what I knew.

~Anonymous 

She felt grateful and guilty when she thought she was the main reason that Flare also got teased. 

Edited by MagicalStarRain

Flare smiled when he read the note and hid it before the teacher turned around and saw him reading it then continued reading when the teacher turned back around. When he finished reading he put it away so he wouldn't get caught by the teacher. "Glad I could help..." Flare thought as he finished his Queen Chrysalis drawing that was soon taken away by the teacher. "Pay attention to the lesson and stop drawing Flare" The teacher said as he threw his drawing in the trash.

(edited)

Maroon was already in class, hooves crossed along the wooden desk platform. His history books and papers were crammed at the bottom of his seat being help by metal bars, which had openings on each side. He usually ignored the things going on in the class, such as agreuments and continuess name callings, but a situation this cruel had been to much for him. He listened to Flare with irratation in his eyes, and he blinked a few times before speaking boldy. ''Flare is right, losers. Get a life besides calling others names. Star knows a bit of history, so what? I bet you know crap about our history or anything of the past. I recommend you all shut up, because last time I checked, you were all are jerks, losers, and worthless chunks of dirt on the streets.'' He said in a irrated voice, leaning back into his chair with annoyance. He looked up at Mr. Grey Mane, snickered, and let himself relax from his fustration. The stallion didn't care if he was in trouble. Sticking up for a friend was alot better then staying quite and sitting alone at the back of the room. Though, that's where he was, and that's where he always was. Nobody had a problem, and if they did, screw them. He didn't ask for their opinion. After leaning back, he leaned under his desk and pulled out a pencil, sitting back up. He calmly placed the pencil at the top of the desk, and let it roll down. Ever time, he caught it.

(This was supposed to be before the two other posts. Just pretend, please.)

Edited by Darkest Day Dreams

(edited)

@, @@Darkest Day Dreams

Mr. Grey Mane continued with his lesson telling everypony to open their textbooks to a specific page. Corona had a wall of books on the side of her desk, she didn't want anypony to look at her right now. She really wished that it was nighttime right now, she would love to go and play with the clouds to make some special nighttime only weather. Corona saw Mr. Grey Mane take Flare's drawing away before coming over and using his magic to pull away her wall of books. Stacking them next to her Grey Mane gave her a stern look. "All right since we have a few trouble makers in class and those that don't want to listen. Flare, Corona, and Maroon see me once class is over is that understood?" Corona's heart sank when she was told to stay after class, on her first day she was already in huge trouble.

Edited by Quilava

"I hope not all teachers are like this....throwing away my drawing isn't even right" Flare thought as he glared at the teacher. Flare thought of acting smart and ask why he should but decided against it cause he doesn't want to get in anymore trouble then he already is.

(edited)

@@Quilava

Maroon's hoof slapped against his face with annoyance as if he was doing a so called ''facehoof''. ''God..'' He muttered, his leg kicking against the bottom of the wooden desk. ''Bull crap.'' He whispered to himself with fustration, leaning backward with his head hanging of the edge of the lift chair he sat apon. ''Why. Is. This. Class. So. Difficult?'' He said aloud with irratation in his voice, moving his hoofs diaganally as he spoke his simple words slowly. He hated history. His favorite class was probably science, but history was one of his least favorites. The teachers attitude often pissed him off, and his restrictions. He leaned back, grabbing his pencil, and throwing it to the floor. Maroon was stubborn at the moment, espically since he now lives alone without family. Some friends, no family.

Edited by Darkest Day Dreams

(edited)

Sterling noticed how a maroon stallion named Maroon, another stallion named Flare, and Corona all got in trouble by Mr. Gray. It frightened him slightly that all three got in trouble for such trivial things. 'Jeez I wouldn't want to get in trouble with him. My goodness Flare and Maroon were just standing up for Corona because she was being made fun of. Mr. Gray should have reprimanded those ponies instead.' thought Sterling in full disagreement with Mr. Gray's decision. He was too afraid to voice them because Mr. Gray was becoming more and more intimidating as the class progressed. 

Nonetheless, Sterling just sat there quietly as he took down notes diligently for the class. He was an attentive sort of pony, and he definitely hated getting in trouble. So far, he was doing a good job writing about the history of Equestria. There were all sorts of facts he was intrigued about, from the quarreling between the different tribes to the fact they all got back together understanding the power of friendship and love. The only problem? Sterling never really felt any friendship in his life. Yeah he knew sympathy and empathy, but he wasn't great at making friends. 'All this stuff about Equestria's really cool, even if our teacher is really mean most of the time... Oh if only I knew how to make friends. Right on the first day I could have stood up for Corona, but I didn't... I feel really bad since I didn't let the fire of friendship live in my heart. Oh I do hope I get another chance, preferably with another pony...' reflected Sterling as the class went on without further disturbance. 

(edited)

@, @@Darkest Day Dreams

Corona sat at her desk quietly until the end of the class when the bell rang. She finished putting her things in her saddlebag and stayed behind with Flare and Maroon, all three looking at Mr. Gray. "Ok kids here's how this is going to go down. First Flare, I want you to have this back." Mr. Gray levitated his picture back undamaged, letting him know that he used a duplication spell to dispose of the fake. "Now you have some talent in drawing Flare, there's a drawing club starting soon that I feel you'd be perfect for. Now Maroon although it's good to stick up for others I don't want to see you getting into a fight on the first day of school so please just give me a sign next time and I'll address it ok." He then looked over at Corona who sheepishly turned away. "Corona, don't feel bad we all forget things sometimes and it's nothing to be ashamed for. Just make sure you put your studies ahead of goofing off ok."

Corona nodded, not feeling like doing any talking right now. "I don't want all of you to think I'm a evil teacher, because trust me there are some here. I only do that so that you guys stay focused, and don't loose out on learning some interesting things. It's the first day but don't worry things will get more interesting as the year goes on." Mr. Gray gave them a smile before sending them off without so much as a warning.

Edited by Quilava

Freezing Point entered the school, looking extremely lost... And a little nervous. Although she was a sophomore, she had just transferred here all the way from the North. Her bright cyan name shined throughout the school lights, matching her usual pink necklace and her blue sleek body.

Her mane seemed to hold something sparkly inside of it... They were little snowflakes.

Now, all she needed to do was find where her first class was. And that was History... Wherever that was.

((10/10, I might head to sleep here in a bit, so I'm just gonna keep myself away from Amy interaction for a while, until I can get back on.))

Flare walked out with his drawing in his saddlebag. "Wow...he's much nicer than he let on...and to join a drawing club would be great" Flare said as he looked at his next class. "Finally math something I am really good at" Flare said as he headed to his math class.

(edited)

@@Quilava

Sterling trotted off very slowly in hopes of being able to talk with Corona. He felt bad that Corona was going to be reprimanded by Mr. Grey. As such, after the class was done, Sterling made a resolution to try and befriend Corona. He was really nervous about it, especially since he didn't know how to approach mares. Nonetheless, he remembred what his parents always told him, even if it annoyed him, "Sterling, if you want to talk to a mare, just be yourself. There's nothing wrong about it!" It was easier said than done for Sterling, especially since it would be his first time, but he resigned and gave it a go.

He approached Corona timidly, making sure not to look awkward as Mr. Grey finished lecturing the three ponies. He found Corona and briefly and nervously asked, "Hey. Umm... my name's Sterling. Sterling Crimson. I was just wondering whether you're still alright after Mr. Grey... embarrassed you in front of the class today."

(OOC: I keep forgetting that we're in Equestria, so often times I have to edit my post so that it doesn't say "girl" or guy")

Maroon sneered, his saddlebag already being held by his side. He cursed quietly, and trotted away to his locker solemly. ''Worthless ''talks'' get me no where.'' He said in a voice full of pure irratation, carefully turning his locker and hearing a small click. He turned it and looked inside, gathering his math books and stuffing them inside his ebony saddle bag. He unattached it from his waist, hung it on one of the hooks atop his locker, and added some more things to his bag like pencils, paper, staples, pens, colored pencils, rulers, and other needed materials. After packing, he attached his saddle bag back to his waist, sheeply shut his locker opening, and carefully trotted down the hallway, the multi-colored tiles making him squint. He entered the classroom, the other stallions in the class that had already sat down and threw papers around laughing at him quietly. Maroon walked over to them, frowning with pure hate. ''Shut your filthy mouths...'' The crimson colored stallion protested quietly, holding a sharpened pencil up to their faces. They only turned, laughed a little more, but Maroon just turned away and headed to his sit, propping his legs upon the platform and tipping his chair as if he was sitting on a bed. He waited for the teacher and the rest of the class to enter class as he mumurmed words of annoyance and irratation.