One last announcement

Zoop

(edited)

Suitable background music:

So about a year and a half ago, this crazy cat named Feld0 offered me a position as a moderator over here on the forum. I accepted it against my better judgement, and was eventually made into an administrator. I still don't really understand how or why, but a couple people have told me that I was good at it, so I don't question it too much.

But... eh, I think I've fought my fair share of battles, and consider it time to retire into relative obscurity. That said and in mind, I've officially thrown my Alicorn badge into the trash, and have stepped down from all of that active duty administrative and moderation stuff. 

So... yeah. I'm still here, not going anywhere, but I'm done with the serious business. If you need me, I'll be in the General Chat Thread harassing @Starshine

img-1507264-1-957.gif

Edited by Zoop
  • Brohoof 75

(edited)

I'm fairly exhausted right now, but I feel a need to say something.

Ah, Zoop... It seems like only yesterday, you recruited me to be a section moderator in the Beyond Equestria section. I remember back then that I really had no preconceived notions of how you or any of the other staff members would be. I remember slowly, cautiously beginning to interact with everyone in the staff lounge. The face of the staff was a little bit different back then, I recall, but the atmosphere was inviting, positive, and extremely fun.

Thanks primarily to the atmosphere among the staff, I was happy to throw my time at moderating despite the fact that I was fairly limited by my wrist injury. I remember that no one really made a big deal out of the fact that I was, at that time, basically handicapped. I really can't lie, moderation wasn't exactly a wonderful thing for me at that time. I accepted the task not out of some sense of grandeur but because I looked forward to improving the experience in a community that I cared a great deal for. In stark contrast to what I expected, you were fun, funny, and a great fellow to know.

Looking back, I can only imagine that this feeling of noble purpose is similar to the feeling that you felt in the beginning of your own career of service to the site, which began some months before mine. The feeling of expectation, the sense of duty, and the experience of camaraderie that went along with working towards something great. Well, we had fun together, I think. Not only that, but we made positive impacts on a lot of folks, working together.

Lots of shared experiences as well... It was great, buddy. I still remember it like it was yesterday. We were both in the Staff Lounge, lamenting our real life jobs and the struggles that they had seemingly locked us into, gracious for the opportunity to make a great impact on a community that appreciated our efforts moreso than our places of employment. And... We made things happen, smacked trolls around, got work done, and goofed off and did absolutely nothing sometimes.

Fun times, man, and a lot of effort. Much moreso for you than for me, I think. I was only an admin for my small time, but you were here since the beginning, basically. Your cumulative and collective efforts since the beginning have been impressive, and make no mistake, those efforts where appreciated. Thousands of hours of investment within a community as a member and admin rarely goes unappreciated. But, as with me, your time has come. There's nothing wrong with this. Time to be more active in the community, yes? And, from what I see... You will remain as an advisor, so your contribution has not yet ended. 

This isn't the end. You've merely closed a chapter. The next one remains. The beginning of something new? smile.png

Edited by Key Gear
  • Brohoof 27

I can understand why you or anyone else would step down as it is quite a lot of work but Iappreciate what you have done as an admin and glad to know that you are still going to be around.

• Brohoof 1

Oh? Well that's not so bad, you're still on the staff yet after all. Still, you were a beyond fantastic administrator, you've literally done so damn much for this site. Still, you certainly deserve some off duty, enjoy it. :)

• Brohoof 2

And in the 5th month of the year 2013, the admingeddon started.

Admins fell from the ranks, and the resulting power void began to erode the edges of the community, various projects, and the collective sanity of the rest of the staff.

But at the time, nobody could've guessed that this was merely the beginning...

Also, dat music...

• Brohoof 10

I'm sorry to see you leave the administration team, but I'm glad that you're still going to be active on the site. You were an excellent administrator, and thank you for all that you have done for us. 

• Brohoof 1

Yay you're finally free! I mean... aww.

Your Zoopified forum slave labor work is and has been much appreciated.

I hope to see you around. ^^

Might take a while to get used to a non-mod Zoop though. :o

*hugs*

• Brohoof 3

tumblr_maam1p8cMY1rthhn5o1_500.gif

I...

Wat.

I can't... understand.

Zoop, you were my ticket to success.

I forced you into marriage so I could abuse your rank, but now...

I don't understand. My whole life just shattered.

Nah, really, though. I'm not going to lie, I really didn't get the vibe that you'd be sticking around as admin for much longer. It just... kinda... I dunno.

Anyway, time to get a little bit more relaxation time, Zoop. I'm pretty sure you've been an admin ever since I joined the forum (you were certainly at least a moderator), so it's really weird seeing you step down, but I can only imagine what pure evils an admin must face in that long of a time, so yes, I would agree that you've done enough. More than enough, really.

Just remember your wonderful times as admin, though, Zoop. Those memories are special.

ESPECIALLY THE IP CHAT! BOY I BET YOU'LL ALWAYS THINK KINDLY BACK TO THAT.

• Brohoof 10

does Swoop know he's automatically the sugar daddy now if you're gonna be lounging around all day in your undies? 

Lots of high ranking officials stepping down lately which only means...

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! *pelvic thrust*

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

Take a bow and pore a drink, friend, you've earned it. Now you get to the best part of the job, a chance to step back and admire your fine work alongside everypony else who calls this place home.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 2

As time passes we absorb new knowledge, memories and new ways to tackle our barriers. We want to change for the better, sometimes it involves things we might regret, not fully agree with or take us by force that change our direction... So what's the right thing to do when you come to realization you're not where you want to be or head towards?

"The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it really make...everybody...happy?" ~ Moon Children

It's not always easy to make the "right thing", it's subjective and at the end of the line we just have to find the equilibrium to make as many as possible content with what we do, including ourselves.
---

With that said, i want to thank Zoop and Key Gear for the great service they've provided during their long run onboard the management of MLP Forums as administrators. It has been a pleasure to work with them, get support from them and be there for them. <3

Now we're almost back where it all started, back when Zoop got assigned his first position. x)

tumblr_m5orzyVLz31r34we5o1_500.gif

(Included Key since i never responded to his thread)

• Brohoof 15

If my memory serves me right, usually I'm the one who would be doing the harassment, Zoop :catface:

It's... unfortunate. I always know you and your butt as "one of the big guys" in this place, it would be rather jarring to see you frolic around the place like a schoolfilly. I never really talk anything serious to you, so I guess pretty much nothing is changed then? I would be waiting in the GCT... after I got to make this goddamn wifi works a bit better.

Thanks for everything you've ever done to the site for all this time, Zoop. This site would be a very different place without your cute face.

• Brohoof 3

Wow, shazbot. Another admin stepping down. Sometimes, I wonder what the life expectancy of a staff member is on these forums. I swear, I've seen more resignations on this site than on anywhere else.

Feels hella weird to see a former administrator with a normal badge, but maybe that's because I've come to expect seeing you as an admin. Ever since I first visited this site, you were one of the big guys calling the shots and running the site. I've always looked forward to your announcements; the site just won't be the same without them. 

It's been a long journey. Good to know you'll be continuing in an advisory role, however. Best of luck to you, man.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Well Zoop, I dunno what to say....

You truly are a great guy. I can remember the first few interactions with you when I started making suggestions, you seemed so....sane.

Then I learned you were truly insane and psychotic...

That being said, you were easily a loveable guy that could always be depended on happy.png

I wish you a stress free future and if you ever need someone to take our your trash, give me a call tongue.png

<3 Luv u Bro <3

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 7

Wasn't there a rule that if you left your position we would have to bury you in some desert somewhere? I thought we agreed this at some point.

Anyway, see you around Zoop. I will miss you.

Anyway, I will stop horsing around. You weird pink horse.

It does feel kind of sudden, but I remember you speaking of this before that you want less work, and you finally got it. Finally, the rest you deserve. I remember the good times and the bad times. The times we banned all the chillens. and everyone got upset.Death threats were issued. The time where you ignored my wall of text post and did invite me to become a moderbator. And I was like NUUUUU and you were yes YUUUUUUUS and I was like NUUUUUUUUU, and you then tickled me and I said I will submit. Good times, good times.

But now you have time, time for me to pester you to buy Trials and play it with me, Time for Worms. ALL OF IT.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Zoop, you wonderful bastard. Now you'll have more free time to be stuck have fun with sorry saps like me ^o^

What did you even do as staff, eh? From what I could tell, all you did was the bitch work wink.png

Actually, it's quite saddening to see an authoritative figure such as yourself step down. I regard you as a friend, and a damn good one at that. Somehow, I liked that feeling of you being bigger and better than me. Now you're only a little bigger and better, so I can have a little fun with it I guess. Not to mention that you of all people deserve the rest and I hope that this makes your day a little brighter. Have a good one, you lock-picking, curry-eating, rap-listening, Starshine-adoring creature.

tumblr_m0dtwmw3S11qjvgh1.gif

But now there's not much left of the "oop" dynasty on the staff :c

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

Well, I never thought that another admin would be stepping down, but I regard you as an honorable figure in the forums. You had worked hard to satisfy not only Feld0, but everyone in the forums. 

I hope that you'll continue on as one great member on the site. Keep up the good work! I salute you!

~Flow

Edited by Flow (Naru)
  • Brohoof 2

Zoop, it's been a blast having you as an Administrator. I know you've done a lot for the forums. I'm glad you're not leaving.

Hopefully I'll see you in General Chat sometime.

• Brohoof 1

>Wake up

>'Today's the day'

>Log online

>Haven't gotten inspiration for four months, but today's the day.

>Just gonna do my rounds first. Nothing distracting or important is going on, right?

>Right.

>Today's the day.

>Today...

img-1507962-1-DatFicBlock.png

>Zoop hates me. I told him I was fanfictioning for the first time in forever last night and then this happens.

It's been fun, dude. With Feld0 often spearheading other things, and before that, dealing with his fourteen thousand classes on top of whatever internet projects he was working on, you were the person who more or less trained me in the ways of the Jedi, listening to my endless swarms of questions and clarifications as well as ideas. As you said yourself up there, you've never really thought of your talent, goal or passion to be in a staffing role for a website, and that's what makes you and Feld0 so great at it, I believe. You both hardly consider yourselves Manager-esque types, which means you know how to be friendly, observant and interactive with people so that their needs get met when they talk to you.

After certain whispers reached me from certain sources, and your long quietness the past week or two, I figured something like this might happen. Oh well. You're putting down your ban hammer and taking to becoming our conscience, which is a bad idea in of itself so we'll continue to see you around. I suppose the Oop duo pact is now tilted workload wise, now. All that work you always pushed onto Swoop is now his and his alone. I mean, all of ours. But mostly his. :3

Enjoy things. And, to hell if I ever go in that cesspool of an on-forum chat room, so you, like Key, better come visit me in MLP:FiM, or meltdowns will occur. Probably over Skype. By way of dramatic emotes.

An admin? Oh, no, I couldn't possibly have that much responsibility...

img-1507962-2-fluttershy_by_celebi_yoshi

• Brohoof 15

You did a wonderful job as an admin, I bet Feld0 loves you to pieces for helping him with this forum.

Hmm, I wonder what retirement home you and Zoop are going to...

<_< >_>

*takes alicorn badge out of the trash and runs away*

• Brohoof 1

Great, now Feld0 and CD are the only admins, and spoon (I think).

IT'S THE END OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION AS WE KNOW IT.

Well, Zoop, it's been a fun ride. I've known you since July, and you'll always been one of the best members to me.

• Brohoof 1

Hello Zoop. 

It's probably a really silly idea for me to be replying to this thread since I don't know you, and you don't know me. 

In fact, I cower in fear because of the many powerful people currently eyeing this particular topic. >.<

So why am I here? 

Well, even if I've never seen much yet in this forum, after reading all those replies, I couldn't help but be amazed at how much work you put into the site ( based on the replies that I have read, that is :P

Though I haven't seen you actually do anything (I just recently joined), your friends speak so highly of you, and I couldn't help but imagine Celestia's ballad playing in the background while reading through the replies such as Key Gear's. 

Well maybe that isn't exactly fitting...idk >.<

Anyways, I know this is going to sound cheesy, but as a new supporter of these forums, I just want to thank you for all your dedication and hard work. biggrin.png

• Brohoof 10