Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Whisper: City of Darkness ~~~COMPLETED~~~

BlackShardNixium

@, okay. If the Gemiguy shows up, I'll nab Taurus. If someone has THAT as well, I will beat my head against a wall.

Taurus is not taken yet, so no worries, I'll reserve it! We'll just have to wait and see! I'll put a notification on your OC general info in the OP.

@, cool beans. When is the campaign going to start? The only RP I'm in currently has kind of deadstopped.

As soon as we get all twelve spaces filled, I will set up the first part of the RP, and we'll continue on from there!

• Brohoof 1

As soon as we get all twelve spaces filled, I will set up the first part of the RP, and we'll continue on from there!

¨Then let the waiting begin, the waiting shall be painful and... Deadly but once we prevail on combat we will rise and destroy them from our ashes¨ Quote by unknown pheonix. XD

(edited)

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/broken-cloud-r3492

Broken Cloud. Gemini. Can you help me with the tarot?

My other OC will be here soon.

I hope she's accepted. I'll have a reason for her to be at the school.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/pacific-glow-r3517

I may add to Pacific's page. It's obvious why she would want to be at the school.

Edited by Silent Dawn

(edited)

I may add to Pacific's page. It's obvious why she would want to be at the school.

Excellent, thank you! For your Gemini, I suggest maybe Temperance, The Lovers, or Judgment.

For Aquarius, the Chariot, or maybe Wheel of Fortune

Edited by BlackShardNixium

(incoming ramble- skip paragraph)

I have one problem with both characters. You have what are called 'generic' characters. You need to take the Backstories from both characters, and actually create the background, instead of relying on the RP to do that. Although certain detains can be in effect only for certain characters in certain RPs, we as DMs need basic information. We quickly become confuse, especially if we are controlling multiple RPs. You might be that drunkard that comes from Fillydelphia in one and the drunkard that comes from Manehattan in another, but to us, even if you have the same personality, you have different backstories and will be treated respectively, because backstory holds more weight than personality. Try focusing on how they got to (pick a city)- most choose Ponyville- and go from there. These are about the character before the RP- if the character was created to live in Ponyville, and the RP is about Manehattan, well, most DMs will focus on what happened and turn a blind eye on how they got to where they will RP in. If they didn't... you get something like Equestria Divided the RP- the DM demanded obscenely long backstories that explained specifically what they were, where they were from, and where they were going. It lasted three days.

Basically, can you please create a somewaht more detailed background, and remove the generic material? (all of the 'depends on RP' stuff.) Though, just so you know, many characters have special OP'd options that the DM can deny while not denying the character (known as a nerf).

There you go. Please go edit your character, let me know, and I'll take a second look.

And I mean no offense whatsoever. Many newer rpers I've known start raging against Celestia whenever I tell them this. It's actually quite entertaining.

Thunder Knight has just made more than a few really good points. While your characters can be in this RP, I would also like for you to develope them just a bit more.

An OC is your creation. They're like your children! Have fun, be creative! ((Just don't go to overboard, or you'll risk stepping into Mary Sue territory)) Other than that, it's all up to you. Their story, likes and dislikes, their destiny! Put some of yourself into them. Give them life!

Alright everyone, once Silent Dawn finishes with her OC's we'll have ten slots filled. That just leaves 2 more to go and we'll get started!

• Brohoof 1

This looks really interesting. I do have a question, regarding the Tarot cards. Mainly the concept. Are they suppose to represent a characters personality, do they grant power? I ask because at the moment I am having difficulty picking one.

Can't wait.

Huh... I wonder if I can add some more of my OCs.

Maybe. What do you all think? Should I make more OCs for this?

Oh, yeah! And will this be an advanced RP?

All those who think they can handle it can have more then one character, but I would only recommend two!

I'm not really sure about Advanced. Do you think it's good enough? D:

I'm not really sure about Advanced. Do you think it's good enough? D:

There is no "good enough" for an advanced RP. An Advanced RP requires 800 characters to the usual 200. Usually meaning that they are somewhat slower pace, but in much more detail.

Only difference.

There is no "good enough" for an advanced RP. An Advanced RP requires 800 characters to the usual 200. Usually meaning that they are somewhat slower pace, but in much more detail.

Only difference.

800 characters

800 characters

OH GOD NO

Most RPs I'm in, I barely even get along with 200! Please, for the good of all of us, do NOT go there!

Oh....Hmm. While I don't believe I'd have a problem coming up with 800 characters ((i tend to ramble sometimes)) I don't think most people here would want to....

This looks really interesting. I do have a question, regarding the Tarot cards. Mainly the concept. Are they suppose to represent a characters personality, do they grant power? I ask because at the moment I am having difficulty picking one.

I can't really say all of it without ruining some critical points of the RP, but I will tell you that they protect you. And yes, they do sort of reflect personality. They're like cutie marks.

sooooo, this was brought back eh? i dont think ill join this time, i seem to jinx every RP i enter XD, but good luck, i had fun on the last version as far as it lasted.

Aw D:

Well, it's your decision. But to be sure, I'm pretty certain the the last Whisper's downfall was because certain parts were underdeveloped and I didn't quite think things through...

So it was completely my fault XD but Thunder Knight is keeping me on track with this version ((Whisper 2.0)) so it should be quite good! You sure you don't want to join in?

Aw D:

Well, it's your decision. But to be sure, I'm pretty certain the the last Whisper's downfall was because certain parts were underdeveloped and I didn't quite think things through...

So it was completely my fault XD but Thunder Knight is keeping me on track with this version ((Whisper 2.0)) so it should be quite good! You sure you don't want to join in?

mabey i will, it may die on my part XD but ill try again, why not, how about midnight, but hes a batpony, a maluma x3 (made up name for lunas night guards from another RP) that work for you?

Hey, can i get some of my powers approved i forgot to add them in others section XD, anyways you know the transformation already, but i thought it through more so theres only 2 transformations instead of infinite, anyways the first one is half which is just so that he turns half scorpion looking badass, the other one is basically him turning into a big scorpion losing all control of his movements... But its you who decide.

I would like to join this RP with my OC Nexus. Link is in the signature.

The sign I would like is Pisces

The card I would like is Justice

I have never done a really plot heavy RP before so forgive me if I am a little rough starting.

mabey i will, it may die on my part XD but ill try again, why not, how about midnight, but hes a batpony, a maluma x3 (made up name for lunas night guards from another RP) that work for you?

It's alright with me, but I want to see if Thunder Knight approves as well. If so, just send me the rest if the information and I'll add you down to the OP!

It's alright with me, but I want to see if Thunder Knight approves as well. If so, just send me the rest if the information and I'll add you down to the OP!

well let me know what he says, if capricorn isnt taken ill do that again, though in all honesty i still am confused as to what capricorns can do.

Hey, can i get some of my powers approved i forgot to add them in others section XD, anyways you know the transformation already, but i thought it through more so theres only 2 transformations instead of infinite, anyways the first one is half which is just so that he turns half scorpion looking badass, the other one is basically him turning into a big scorpion losing all control of his movements... But its you who decide.

I think the full scorpion transformation is a little too much, but half scorpion sounds all right, but only when needed! How about you only use it when facing the Main antagonist, once everyone else has also unlocked all their powers. It can be a special ability you Tarot gives you!

I would also like to see if Thunder Knight approves of this, too.

Hey, BlackShard.

So good to see you rebooting the roleplay, it was a ton of fun last time even if I didn't get that far into it :P

I'm not here to signup, I'm just here to say sorry I sorta left the roleplay early, and good luck with your reboot :)

(If you can't remember who I am, I'm Taurean)

• Brohoof 1

I think the full scorpion transformation is a little too much, but half scorpion sounds all right, but only when needed! How about you only use it when facing the Main antagonist, once everyone else has also unlocked all their powers. It can be a special ability you Tarot gives you!

I would also like to see if Thunder Knight approves of this, too.

The full transformation is mostly when hes evil though, so i didnt really want to bring it into this rp, also the half is basically a power boost he get WHEN he needs it... Its basically him becoming his inner animal.