Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Controversial and Unpopular Video Game Opinions.

RoboGuy9000

(edited)
- Squall>Zidane and Cloud(even though VII and IX had a much better cast of characters)

K' I've gotta honestly ask why you consider Squall to be a better character than both Zidane and Cloud. Cloud I might understand but him being a better character than Zidane? That would be a first.

Not trying to shoot your opinion down, just curious.

--Opinion--

- There hasn't been a Final Fantasy worth playing since FFX, or is that fact?

- The Kingdom Hearts plot is just plain stupid. (fun, but stupid)

- The King of Fighters is still better than any Street Fighter game.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

K' I've gotta honestly ask why you consider Squall to be a better character than both Zidane and Cloud. Cloud I might understand but him being a better character than Zidane? That would be a first.

Not trying to shoot your opinion down, just curious.

--Opinion--

- There hasn't been a Final Fantasy worth playing since FFX, or is that fact?

- The Kingdom Hearts plot is just plain stupid. (fun, but stupid)

- The King of Fighters is still better than any Street Fighter game.

This may be me, but I feel like out of the three he grew the most. Cloud went from a cocky soldier to an emo pessemist, Zidane went through some conflict, but at the end of the day he's still the same goofy kid we all now and love, but Squall goes from an emo and careless asshole to a strong and noble(maybe that's not the right word, but you know what I mean) leader who cares for his comrades. That is of course if you can get past his unlikeable qualities in the first and half of the second disc, but that's just me

And yes, King of Fighters is superior to Street Fighter

Edited by Godot
  • Brohoof 1

@@Exalt, my answer is in spoilers.

I think you only made an account just to disagree with me, and I don't mind that, but realize that this is what I want, not what I believe will happen. I think Nintendo has been pushing out shoddy product and the only reason why they're selling anything is because of the few extremely good franchises, ignorance, and uneducated consumers.

So let's go down your list. Well, we already covered crappy hardware, and you admit that, and the Wii didn't exactly have stellar gameplay. Most of my hundred so odd GC games are RPG games, and not much else, give or take a racing game such as Kirby's Air Ride 3rd paragraph is also about hardware and just confirms the truths about why people still buy their products, see above. 

On the subject of the Wii U, the reason why most people think it is nothing but an upgrade probably has to do with the fact that it came out at least a year before the next wave of consoles will, or should have came out. Which roughly means that it didn't take jack-shit to make. So yes, by definition, it IS an upgrade.

Also, this is an opinions thread. Read the title before you force someone to make it about facts, and when you do, try to focus on more than one subject. Not to mention, that if Nintendo is going out of business, they're going to sell off some of their less successful IPs so they may continue to pump out less-than-stellar hardware.

To everybody else, I wonder as much as you as to why I even answered this guy since he's either never going to post again, or at least only to post to disagree for the sake of it. 

• 2 months later...

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is a terrible idea, I still don't see why everyone wants it so much. If anything, we'd end up with a Mortal Kombat vs DC situation where the MK violence is completely watered down because people realized that they don't want to see their favorite SF characters get brutally murdered and everyone will end up hating it at the end

• Brohoof 1

I think Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is a terrible reboot (the game doesn't feel like the old sonic games). Rockstar games (IE GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Bully, etc.) are far too tasteless. Waypoint trails are the worst thing since Superman 64 (like in fable 3). I like my retro games to have good looking textures (a la Zelda 4 swords adventures and Demon's Crown). I think Wayforward is the best studio to produce licensed content, so buy movie/tv show games if they are made by them.

Edited by akalink

Instead of saying what i dont like and why i will just list these games and series that i hate and ill let the flames roll in...

-Assassins creed
-Racing games
-sports games ( go outside and play if you love the sport that much)
-kinect games
-Call of Duty ( not all but most of them)
-Netflix  ( you bought a fucking games console...please use it to play games)

• Brohoof 1

-Majora's Mask is overated and is my least favorite Zelda (Haven't finished it yet, though).

-I dislike the Xbox 360.

-I dislike Call of Duty.

-Halo is a good game.

-I don't really like Sonic. (His older games were okay, but not the best)

-I dislike "retro" style games made on modern consoles.

-I loved Other M's gameplay. (Not the story)

-Skylanders was a terrible game. (Not really an unpopular opinion, though)

• Brohoof 1

- I don't enjoy the Call of Duty series, even if there are a lot of good games in the series.

- Mass Effect 3's ending was bad. ( It honestly, wasn't bad.)

• Brohoof 1

Borderlands is a fucking terrible game.

It has annoying as shit characters. (Clap-Trap's voice makes me want to strangle a puppy)

It's so linear,if you try to explore instant kill turrets explode your ass.

If you stop looking at enemies they're health regenerates,however yours doesn't,which is frustrating when you need to hide for your shield to recharge.

It's design is lazy. (Tell me how many times Dr. Zed's model is reused)

It's an all around boring game,with little to no citizens,I get that the planet is supposed to be abandoned or some shit but Fallout 3 was a nuclear wasteland and it STILL had citizens roaming around.

Don't tell me the game is better with multiplayer,if I NEED to have multiplayer to enjoy a game,then I consider it a BAD game.

I REALLY don't understand why people like this game. Can someone PLEASE tell me why?

• Brohoof 1

Borderlands is a fucking terrible game.

It has annoying as shit characters. (Clap-Trap's voice makes me want to strangle a puppy)

It's so linear,if you try to explore instant kill turrets explode your ass.

If you stop looking at enemies they're health regenerates,however yours doesn't,which is frustrating when you need to hide for your shield to recharge.

It's design is lazy. (Tell me how many times Dr. Zed's model is reused)

It's an all around boring game,with little to no citizens,I get that the planet is supposed to be abandoned or some shit but Fallout 3 was a nuclear wasteland and it STILL had citizens roaming around.

Don't tell me the game is better with multiplayer,if I NEED to have multiplayer to enjoy a game,then I consider it a BAD game.

I REALLY don't understand why people like this game. Can someone PLEASE tell me why?

Combat doesn't feel bland (you get the alien monster fighting of Metroid Prime and a diverse amount of human enemies to kill) and the skill tree system allows you customize you character to fit your play style. Loot based weapons make you want to play more to get better weapons and its really satisfying when you do. I would argue against how linear it is, its may not be as linear as fallout or skyrim, but you do get to free roam and do a bunch of side missions if you want. Also the game has a bit of humor (not as much as the second one though). The first borderlands didn't really build its lore and humor until the first games DLC. Its a game that is meant to be experience in a myriad of ways. It is more fun with multiplayer, but it can be enjoyed by oneself as I did, but its amazing when you plan 4 player lan since you can communicate much better that way. But second game is much better than the first.

Oh and if you get killed by insta-death turrets, that is because you walked off the map by accident.

Edited by akalink

Combat doesn't feel bland (you get the alien monster fighting of Metroid Prime and a diverse amount of human enemies to kill) and the skill tree system allows you customize you character to fit your play style. Loot based weapons make you want to play more to get better weapons and its really satisfying when you do. I would argue against how linear it is, its may not be as linear as fallout or skyrim, but you do get to free roam and do a bunch of side missions if you want. Also the game has a bit of humor (not as much as the second one though). The first borderlands didn't really build its lore and humor until the first games DLC. Its a game that is meant to be experience in a myriad of ways. It is more fun with multiplayer, but it can be enjoyed by oneself as I did, but its amazing when you plan 4 player lan since you can communicate much better that way. But second game is much better than the first.

I hate it when people say. 'The sequel is better'. If I hated the original,why would I buy the sequel?

To make my hatred of Borderlands clear...

I hated Borderlands more than Duke Nukem Forever.

Yeah..that's how much I hated it.

Edited by mrbman9001

I hate it when people say. 'The sequel is better'. If I hated the original,why would I buy the sequel?

To make my hatred of Borderlands clear...

I hated Borderlands more than Duke Nukem Forever.

Yeah..that's how much I hated it.

Good thing your posting about it in this thread. Otherwise people would be quoting you like monty python. But you did ask why people like it.

People that say CoD doesn't require any skill at all should play a match against my team or solo against me. I'll show you an infinite amounts of ways how damn wrong you are and how you are an insult to every single FPS game and gamer, ever. Perhaps after the 100th match you lost against me you come to understand that there's more to a shooter than just pressing buttons.

Angry birds and the Rovio company is complete garbage, nothing but milking a dying cow. I seriously can't believe people like their games and ideas, they repulse me. I got sick of Angry birds the very first moment it got mentioned, I knew exactly where this was going. Took the same path as The Sims, difference being is that Sims was actually fun.

I had a PS1/PSX and seriously, I don't know the appeal about it. Like, does it even have any real games on it? N64 had games like DK, Mario and Banjo, with real storylines and good gameplay. All I can remember from my PS1 is Tekken :|

Grinding in RPGs isn't actually that bad when the RPG is good. WoW isn't good, it sucks and the grinding is boring. At least in Chrono Trigger the world was frickin' amazing and I didn't have any trouble grinding. Same goes for FF6 and FF7.

Gaming memes aren't funny to me, ever. Even when I see the meme for the first time I can smell the overusage coming from a mile away. Puns are funny or poking fun at characters or games, memes? Not really.. except for Dat Ash, that stuff is frickin' hilarious.

Tutorials have to die. I don't want a stupid fairy or stupid narrator teaching me every single thing. The reason I play games is to discover, indulge and become part of the world. Whether jumping off a cliff fucks me over and makes me permanently lose all my money or not. It's my frickin' decision to do so and I want to learn whether I can do certain stuff or not. Plus, I already know how to jump, duck and look around. I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK AT THE FLASHING LIGHTS TO CHECK IF MY HELMET IS "OK" I WANT TO KILL STUFF WITH MY PLASMA RIFLE.

Please, bring Timesplitters back, Future Perfect was wonderful, absolutely the best shooter ever.

This one's not really unpopular but the world simply demands a new Jak and Daxter game. Now.

• 4 weeks later...

Far Cry 2 is MUCH better than Far Cry 3.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Far Cry 3, but I felt that there wasn't as much stuff to do aside from the main story, which I felt was better in Far Cry 2.

I could have sworn I posted here but can't find it :s

Oh well.

I hated Final Fantasy 7 and its overrated. I dislike final fantasy as a whole but am sick of hearing how amazing number 7 is

The last of us is fun to watch but so dull to play

shitty as the kinect is rise of nightmares was actually pretty entertaining

The cake is a lie is not funny. it was never funny

Skyrim was only good for one playthrough

Kingdom hearts is garbage

GTA isn't at all entertaining. Sleeping dogs was better

Have any of you played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team?

It's one of my favorite game of all time, but the critics doesn't seem to agree with me.

Why? Well, they start the game, realie they can't evolve yet, then get stuck at Zapdos because they sux, and then rate the game 1/10.

Seriously, it happens all the time. Everyone who rate the game low couldn't even get past Zapdos. -.-

They're not even trying and it's really boring.

Honestly, as much as I love the GTA series, it really only got where it is today because of the shock factor from GTA III. In other words, people came from the controversy, and stayed for the game.

And DON'T GET ME STARTED ON KINGDOM HEARTS. That game would be nowhere if it wasn't a clusterfuck of random Disney properties. All it's missing is Cars and Toy Story.

Angry Birds. Ohhh Angry Birds, its countless sequels, and its derivatives. Seriously. It plays like any old flash game from like Miniclip or something, and now it's a freakin' huge franchise, with stuffed animals, toys, and even fruit snacks. Seriously, there are better casual games out there than Angry Birds. I like the game, but it's overrated as hell.

Edited by Ragin' Red Talon

unpopular opinion due to the fact that i am probably one of the very very VERY few people who feel this way: pokémon games are difficult. for those of you who have played pokémon, yes you read correctly. i know it is appaling, but i find the games rather challenging sometimes. especially when going from one city to another.

• Brohoof 1

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is vastly underrated and one of the greatest games of all time, with by far the most realistic bullet physics in any game ever (realistic recoil, realistic spread, bullet travel time, bullet drop, etc...) and the scariest enemies in any survival horror (do not tell me you did not piss yourself at the Chimera...).

Fire Emblem Tellius is superior to all the other sagas in the series and Radiant Dawn is probably better than almost every other Wii game excluding LoZ: Twilight Princess, if not one of the best turn-based strategy games ever made in terms of character, story, and narrative. The gameplay can get weak and repetitive but who knew you could care so much about VN-style or isometric-style characters on a freaking Wii. Ugh.

I greatly dislike Far Cry, CoD imho does take skill but still less skill than almost every other major FPS series, especially team-based ones like BF3 and TF2, and SMT: Persona is the best RPG franchise ever made. Period.

Consoles have their place in the market, but they will never be superior to PC in any way. (More of an unpopular opinion amongst the general populace of countries rather than people on the internet, for obvious reasons)

Also also, as a sort of off-on-topic thing, the idea of MLP fighting games makes me sad. It's like antithetical to the entire series, and yet people fawn over the concept like it has potential to be one of the best ideas in gaming. Just... no.

EDIT:

unpopular opinion due to the fact that i am probably one of the very very VERY few people who feel this way: pokémon games are difficult. for those of you who have played pokémon, yes you read correctly. i know it is appaling, but i find the games rather challenging sometimes. especially when going from one city to another.

I especially agree with this in Gen 5 B2W2 after beating the regional mode. Once you get to national, there's this ugly level gap between you and the computers that will thrash you if you didn't go out of your way to pick up especially high-stat pokemon. Even worse on Challenge mode if you're trying to get the extra XP.

Edited by Dusknight Haze
  • Brohoof 1

Okey dokey, let's see....

flame_shield_activate7osso.gif

• The Wii kinda sucks. I never liked motion gaming in the first place and a Nintendo console based around that really irks me.
  • Kingdom Hearts is overrated. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it gets too much praise, in my opinion.
  • Waaaaaaay too many Final Fantasy's.
  • I think touchpads/touch screens shouldn't be used with consoles. They're just not as good as buttons.
  • Brohoof 1

Ok here it goes

The MLP app got boring after a few days. I mean seriously, 70 gems to unlock Rarity when gems cost actual money? I'm not rich here.

The smash brothers games get better every game with rosters, locations, and story.

Superman 64 well bad, is actually laughably bad.

I find it weird that people bash on the newer Pokemon designs for looking to weird and unoriginal when in generation 1, there were designs like blobs and some evolutions were literally just a Pokemon adding 1 or 2 extra heads.

Here we go now I'm gonna leave before an angry mob chases me. 

• Brohoof 1