gaming CONSOLE WAR: PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

KonohaLegend

(edited)

So, after watching the past two days of E3, including some of today, I've come to the conclusion that the Xbox One will be the worst thing Microsoft has created ever. The PlayStation 4 looks AMAZING and it has no restrictions that Xbox One will have. And the controller is amazing.

So what would you get?

PlayStation 4?

PS4%20with%20controller-580-90.jpg

Or Xbox One?

XboxOne-610x343.jpg

The PlayStation 4 will be $399.99 USD and the Xbox One will be $499.99 USD. What a rip-off on the Xbox!!

I vote for PlayStation 4.

Edited by SasukeKurosaki
  • Brohoof 6

Are you kidding me? Do you think that i want a console that has to be online at least once in 24 hours, always has a microphone that's on even when you turn the console off, focuses more on TV and sports then games and costs 499$ HELL NO!

I already got a Wii U and may get a PS4 so i'm all good.

• Brohoof 5

That was the part that got me the most! At home, most of the time my internet acts retarded, so you think I'm going to get a fucking console that has to run internet once every 24 hours? N to the O! NO!!

Definitely getting a Playstation 4. At first I was going to go with Xbox One, but the more that's revealed about both consoles, the more I realize Xbox One is just a 360 with more TV stuff.

ps 4 i want a game console not a cable box. the only thing the xbox one has over the ps 4 is some of the exclusives and even then thos aren't going to be much better.

The PS4 is a better choice. The Xbox One has so many limitations.

Both consoles have expanded on media, but Sony has expanded more by including music while also making sure games are the main focus (Sony +1).

With the new Xbox, you do not own your games. You "license" them (technically). This makes it near impossible to share games with friends or let anybody borrow anything. Sony doesn't care about that in the least (Sony +1).

The new Xbox will limit your ability to play games due to the fact that it must be connected to the internet once every 24 hours, and once every hour if you're playing with your profile at a friend's house. The PS4 will have no such limitation (Sony +1).

The new Xbox will even further limit your ability to play games due to the fact that you MUST install every game you buy to the hard drive before playing it, the PS4 will not have any similar limitation (Sony +1).

The new Xbox MUST have the Kinect hooked up to it at all times or it will not operate, the PS4 has no external limitation (Sony +1).

• Brohoof 7

*Looks at posts* YESS!!!!! :P

Well, I'm definetely going to vote for PS4 myself. The only thing that's impressive about the XBOX one (It's not x3)

"You can look at TV through it! OMG!"

*Ehem* You idiots, Microsoft.

By the way, you could make a poll about this instead of looking through the posts. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Xbox One is the one i shall purchase when it comes out it looks neat and i am a huge fan of microsoft and Pc games they all look good but xbox is where iam at on this one

Xbox One. I'm not buying either of them, but if I had to choose, then Xbox One. I despise PlayStation and Sony...a lot. So, Xbox One for me. 

(edited)

So, after watching the past two days of E3, including some of today, I've come to the conclusion that the Xbox One will be the worst thing Microsoft has created ever. The PlayStation 4 looks AMAZING and it has no restrictions that Xbox One will have. And the controller is amazing.

So what would you get?

PlayStation 4?

img-1553262-1-PS4%20with%20controller-58

Or Xbox One?

img-1553262-2-XboxOne-610x343.jpg

The PlayStation 4 will be $399.99 USD and the Xbox One will be $499.99 USD. What a rip-off on the Xbox!!

I vote for PlayStation 4.

PLAYSTATION 4 FOR THE WIN!

Here is why PS4 is better than Xbox none:

1. You can actually share games! Unlike the Xbone 1 (I have millions of these), you can share games with your friends.

2. You do not have to be connected to the internet all the time! Take that NSA!

3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkEe_l7S3g

You trying to committee suicide Microsoft? You basically just flushed your own system down the toilet.

4. The Xbox 359 is $500! $500! That's ridiculous! PS4 is $349, and you won't have to sell you house.

5. The Xbox 1 looks like a friggin VCR!

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

PS4 > Xbox One. 'Nuff said.

I mean, DRM versus free sharing, online-requirements versus "perma"-offline-mode, and possibly even much higher specs from PS4...

The choice ain't that hard, right?

Now all I need is money... and a place where I can store my PS3...

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Eh, I'm really split on this one. Really Split!

In one corner: PS4

-Gamer focused

-$349? or $399?

-No used game limitations

-no internet limitations

-touch controller, 0 shits given

Starting to look very appealing

In the other corner: Xbox One

-those darned exclusives that I love

-$499, might be worth this if the tech is all there

-TV? I give 0 shits, do not watch TV anymore

-Kinect always on, hate this could care less about having a kinect, big brother thing is creeping me out

I'll just unplug it when not in use. :)

-24/7 internet crap, doesn't effect me, I have internet

-can't share games with friends

Do we even do that Dark Moon?

Why no we don't do that other Dark Moon.

Basically I don't care

-used games fee

Do we do that Dark Moon?

We used too, but that was because we got Xbox 360 halfway through its run other Dark Moon

So does this affect us Dark Moon?

Not really, kind of annoying

Still holding out on those darn exclusives

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Eh, I'm really split on this one. Really Split!

In one corner: PS4

-Gamer focused

-$349? or $399?

-No used game limitations

-no internet limitations

-touch controller, 0 shits given

Starting to look very appealing

In the other corner: Xbox One

-those darned exclusives that I love

-$499, might be worth this if the tech is all there

-TV? I give 0 shits, do not watch TV anymore

-Kinect always on, hate this could care less about having a kinect, big brother thing is creeping me out

I'll just unplug it when not in use. smile.png

-24/7 internet crap, doesn't effect me, I have internet

-can't share games with friends

Do we even do that Dark Moon?

Why no we don't do that other Dark Moon.

Basically I don't care

-used games fee

Do we do that Dark Moon?

We used too, but that was because we got Xbox 360 halfway through its run other Dark Moon

So does this affect us Dark Moon?

Not really, kind of annoying

Still holding out on those darn exclusives

Yes, while there are exclusives, there is one thing I'm worried about the Xbox 1, and that's the connect. It has no off switch, and since the recent Big Brother scare, about the government watching you I will not like that.

• Brohoof 1

I used to be a hardcore Xbox fan, but then I heard the rumors about the Xbox One floating about and I just turned cold. Playstation 4 for me unless the Xbox One changes. Microsoft, you screwed up big time.

• Brohoof 1

Personally I believe that PC is instantly the best choice of all gaming systems.

PS4

Cheaper

More privileges

The Last Of Us

Xbox One

Games

maybe the controller

So I think PS4 has it in the bag

I have to say Xbox One because of those awesome exclusives like Titan Fall and Project Spark. Most of the good games are multiplatform too. None of Sony's exclusives really wowed me. Internet doesn't affect me. I would prefer if they had no used games in general and instead had crazy sales like Steam does. Plus I always loved the Xbox controller. I'll just unplug my Xbox when im not using it so the Kinect won't stay on. Xbox Live is pretty sweet to, I prefer it over PSN. So it's Xbox One, im just going to wait till the price drops because we all know that it's sales are not going to do that great.

• Brohoof 1

Titan Fall and Project Spark.

Both Titanfall and Project Spark have been confirmed for the Pc one way or the other, so really it all comes down to personal preferences at this point.

I've always had a Playstation for all of my gaming needs since the original Psx, and I have never been left been down with their gaming offerings and hardware. So really, I've been sold on the thing way before the unveiling of the thing, all of the announcements during this past days? those were just the icing on the cake.

I'm a PC Gamer but I plan to get the PS4 later on. At the moment the PS4 is definitely the best choice to go for console wise in my opinion because it's cheaper and has no restrictions which is awesome :)

neither, I rather stick to my ps3 because I don't even have half of the games that I always wanted for that system, so I'm pretty happy with the ps3 and even though the ps4 is around that corner I couldn't care less, I'm happy with my ps3 and 3DS for now.

But if I have to pick one of them, my vote is obviously for the ps4 hands down. (the reasons are pretty obvious I don't even have to mention them)

I'm just about decided that neither particularly impresses me. At this point, their only selling point for me is what exclusives they have, because I can play most games I see today on the PC, where I don't have to deal with the tomfoolery of The Big Three.

As for what I'd choose if I had to, I'd choose the Xbox One. I don't in any way approve of their current practices or ignorance to consumer opinion, but if there's anything I can expect from Microsoft, it's that they're going to make sure they can get any IP they can as an exclusive to 'convince' us to get the Xbox One. Though I do find it frustrating that my choice in console comes down to who's holding the most games I want hostage, we're assuming this situation requires I make a choice. If I didn't have to make a choice, I'd likely abstain from both on moral grounds.

(edited)

Unless Microsoft pulls themselves out of the gutter and changes their console there will be no war. As it stands it's just a slaughter, one that I'm glad is happening. What I ultimately hope for is that this will be a wake up call for them and they'll pull out of the 'console war' all together. 

But who knows, we shall see what the coming days give us.

P.S. I'd of course grab a PS4 if I had to choose between the two, but my eyes are set on a 3DS XL and mah PC!

Edited by Accellerant