music Depressing Music

Away

this is about as depressed as I can get. :P

no idea what the song is.

For some reason, I can imagine Chrysallis dying like this and "She was only hungry" being a meme.

Edited by Malinter

I've never ever understood the logic of listening to depressing music while your depressed...

I mean, wouldn't that just some more depressed-ing-er?

It might sound weird, but when I am in bad mood sad music helps me. Somehow I am able to "move" my bad emotions away in the song, vent my sadness off and then get better once again. Hard to describe actually. Anyway, more depressive heavy music for those who are interested:

I think listening to music when you're depressed works kinda like this:

You're emotionally vomiting. 

When you have a bug, it feels awful. You feel this constant pressure in your gut. Then when you have to vomit, it is, by far, the very worst part of being sick. But after it's over, you feel a little better for a while. At least til it happens again.

Now that I've found something to compare it to, I think listening to sad music when you're sad is roughly the same thing, but on an emotional level. You feel awful. Eventually, you decide to put on a sad track, and while doing so (at least in my experience), it just makes you even sadder. But after you're tired of listening to sad music and you quit, you feel better. At least til the thoughts pick at your mind again and the cycle repeats itself. Until you get better. 

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

Starry, Starry Night by Don McLean.   Most depressing song I have ever heard in my life.  Once I heard the whole song, I just dumped it in the trash.