Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Depressing Music

Away

(edited)

I'm feeling pretty shitty at the moment and whenever I do, I'll usually listen to depressing music. Right now I'm listening to The Bends by Radiohead. I find both the music and the lyrics to be very depressing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7EzQvnA4DQ

What depressing music do you like and why?

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A lot of music in video games I like tend to have depressing music. I may post some of them later, but for now; I will post one from the The Walking Dead: The Game by Telltale Games. 

"Alive Inside"

It is really depressing, but there is a little bit of hope in it.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 4

This is one song that I find to be quite depressing, just the song name itself is sad, at first it starts out with a creepier atmosphere though it soon then becomes sad.

• Brohoof 1

Trusting You - By Megaphoric

I like it because I can relate to it, and in all honesty...I love Megaphoric's voice. Very simple reasoning, but nonetheless, I love it.

• Brohoof 2

I really enjoy evanescence and staind because their music is almost always depressing. I remember in high school listening to hardly anything but evanescence. I can relate to most of their music

• Brohoof 3

Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins. Oh hey, the most depressing song ever. I have a really deep emotional attachment to this song. 

Also yeah, a lot of stuff from Radiohead is depressing as well. Here have fake plastic trees.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Who could forget "Exile Vilify" by The National (better known from Portal 2) ? I've always loves this one because not only is it sad, but beautiful at the same time.

Not to mention that this song is exactly what I feel like (and what starts playing in my head)  while walking through the abandoned military base that's near by where I live, or actually any deserted and forgotten stretch of land for that matter.

Edited by Dusty Roads
  • Brohoof 1

This is beautifully composed and the lyrics are very saddening.

I like it cuz it is so beautiful!!

Just listen,it is so sad.

You feel bad for the singer!

Definitely a tear jerker!

sad.png

• Brohoof 2

I don't have any YouTube embeds handy, but my wife once got after me for listening to a bunch of depressing songs.  The ones in particular that stood out were "The Power of Goodbye", by Madonna, and "Splintering Heart", by Marillion.

• Brohoof 1

Also yeah, a lot of stuff from Radiohead is depressing as well. Here have fake plastic trees.

God I love this song so much. I almost always listen to it when I'm feeling down. Also, Bulletproof is equally as good and depressing.

• Brohoof 1

Ah...so much Radiohead....must....resist....urge....to make.....this thread....A new place.....to spam......Radiohead.....songs......

Awww screw it, I'll be posting Radiohead songs in here

Starting off with this one, since it's one of my favorite songs off of Amnesiac, which to me is a really underrated album

• Brohoof 2

I thought of another one! This is an oldie from my all time favorite anime, Neon Genesis Evangelion! Komm, Susser Tod! The tune of the song sounds really cheerful, but just a song sounds cheerful doesn't mean it is!

http://youtu.be/Fw5acgqIHQE

BTW, Komm, Susser Tod means Come, Sweet Death in German-- alluding to someone wanting to "end it all."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I sometimes listen to dream pop when I'm depressed too. Is it me or does more music from the 90's onward seem more depressing than music before?

Edited by LatinoChurro

Aha, now here's some great stuff, My Bloody Valentine, Loveless was and still is one of my favorite albums of the 90's. This is one of my favorite songs from the album and I find it kind of depressing.

• Brohoof 2

Aha, now here's some great stuff, My Bloody Valentine, Loveless was and still is one of my favorite albums of the 90's. This is one of my favorite songs from the album and I find it kind of depressing.

Dammit, you know, I was thinking about posting My Bloody Valentine. Oh well, I guess you beat me to it. Well, here's some more I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Thought of another from No Doubt! This is from EARLY in their career-- their first gig, if memory serves. It's called Dear John, and it's dedicated to the original frontman, John Spence. He sounded like he was a fun guy to hang with, but he sadly took his own life a few days before the band was to play for the first time:

Here's another version:

• Brohoof 1

I still feel kinda down. I don't know why. Usually after a good night's sleep I'll feel better. Then again, I didn't really get a good night's sleep yesterday so that might explain it. Anyways, here's some more depressing music.

This song....this song man, even when it gets to the harder parts I still seem to find this song quite the sad one

Another harder song that I seem to find depressing

• Brohoof 1

To me, this feels very sad. It's the opening trailer music to Dead Island, and the song sounds really nice with the piano and strings, and brings that sort of sad feeling to it.

• Brohoof 5

Glam rock is quite depressive. Knowing that music once sucked so hard is just.... makes me cry

In all seriousness though, pretty much anything within Grunge is quite depressing. I also think Skramz and Emoviolence is depressing, but in a more aggressive way. The same goes for Converge.

Yes, it's aggressive, but the lyrical themes and the singing style gives me a feeling of despair, anger and depression

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52g3E3oEnzI

Indian Summer are really depressing. Man, I love this band

Also, while this song is "only" a Vocaloid song, it's quite depressing, especially the lyrics. It really expresses feelings of heartache in a creative and sad way (I swear, it feels like I've been posting this song a million times now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtL6nn_sgvY

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Now this is a song I would cry to if I could. It's so depressing yet hopeful at the same time. I really do get emotional inside whenever I hear it.

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 1