DITR

Yeah. I don't think Tanks For The Memories helped her gain any new fans  :unsure:

Though in her defense, it was reasonable. If you were going to lose someone you love, I think you would do whatever it takes to make sure you don't lose them. It was an analogy of someone close to you dying.. without any death. 

Yeah. I don't think Tanks For The Memories helped her gain any new fans  :unsure:

That is actually what made me dislike her. I had disliked her before, then liked her, but after that episode, I pretty much fully disliked her :T. 

• Brohoof 1

Though in her defense, it was reasonable. If you were going to lose someone you love, I think you would do whatever it takes to make sure you don't lose them. It was an analogy of someone close to you dying.. without any death. 

I understand that aspect of it.

But it was her being so irrational that got on people's nerves. The fact that she ruined the weather station just to get what she wanted was a bit extreme.

That is actually what made me dislike her. I had disliked her before, then liked her, but after that episode, I pretty much fully disliked her :T. 

I'm on the same boat as you.

• Brohoof 1

The fact that she ruined the weather station just to get what she wanted was a bit extreme

And she did not apparently get into any trouble  >_>. That pretty much makes "Lesson Zero" look unfair for Twilight  >_>.

Some things I would like to add: 

I did not think Tanks for the Memories was that good 

- I don't really have any character that I dislike. I'm either indifferent or I like the character.

- I watch the show like a child would, without noticing flaws. Actually, I tend to watch a lot of things like this. That's probably the reason why I like trash horror movies :lol:

- I ship DT x AB :blush:

It's FiW's fault >_<

And also, cause I like tsunderes XD

• Brohoof 1

Here are some of my unpopular opinions with the show:

• I thought "The Best Night Ever" was disappointingly mediocre.
  • I don't like Fluttershy, especially after Dragonshy.

The show went downhill after season 2. 

I think g1 spike is more interesting than the current one.

Pinkie Pie has become much more annoying since season 2, to the point where she seems forced. Only two episodes in season 4 remedy this.

I wouldn't mind if Pinkie was replaced by Fluffle Puff.

While not technically part of the show, Equestria Girls is and will continue to be a terrible thing. Previous gens are far more interesting than that crap. (I could go on, but I won't)

Diamond Tiara is best filly.

Applejack is really the only one out of the Mane 6 I fully like. She's the only 'real' one.

The term 'Brony' is derogatory. Not once, since the term was made, have I identified as such.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Magic Duel is one of my least favorite episodes of the show.

Starlight Glimmer is not an interesting villain to me.  I need to have more to her other than the fact that she's just a regular unicorn and a cult leader

Sunset Shimmer is a more interesting character than Twilight Sparkle IMO (in Rainbow Rocks) 

I'm not a fan of the blatant calling out of past references like what they did in Castle Sweet Castle (ie "Remember that time we...").  Bloom and Gloom did a much better job of referencing past events in the show's history. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet

-Season 1 had worse writing than S4 AND S5.

-I don't really care for Sunset Shimmer

-Fluttershy's my least favorite from the Mane 6

-Tanks for the Memories is my second favorite episode of S5 thus far.

-Friendship is Witchcraft and Pony.mov both to me are just Teen Titans Go with MLP characters. And trust me, I immensly dislike Teen Titans Go.

-Rarity is my favorite out of the Mane 6.. and my favorite pony overall. GG.

-I don't mind Twilicorn

-Princess Cadance is my second favorite princess (behind Twilicorn)

gg

• Brohoof 1

Everything is overrated and over-hyped to oblivion and then fails to live up to expectations.

The show is losing that magic it had ever since the first season. Still produces a few gems in between but mostly a lot of crap.

• Brohoof 1

I think a lot of things get over-analyzed, mostly because people like to analyze things. I actually think it's cool we have a community that cares deeply about the show and holds it to high standards, but I'd rather just watch and enjoy it without thinking too much, mainly due to the show's simplistic nature.

• Brohoof 3

I'm glad they've calmed down with Twilight, but they (the writers) need to chill with her and the others a bit.  The episode with Tank and Rainbow Dash didn't need Twilight flying towards her.  It didn't need the others.  That episode could have survived 100% if it were just Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy with Spike's minor role being decent for comedic effect. 

I don't know why, but Twilight flying all over the place just bothers me.  It's like they want to keep silently stating "Hey, look at Twilight.  She's a princess.  Look at her.  LOOK AT HER!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I miss those pairing episodes. You know just two of the mane six working out problems or conflicting with one another. Simple Ways was a good episode... it's good to see that couple episodes re-igniting.

Either that or the ponies have lost a lot of their old personalities... and I just don't see the pairings episodes.

Edited by cidershield

I miss those pairing episodes. You know just two of the mane six working out problems or conflicting with one another. Simple Ways was a good episode... it's good to see that couple episodes re-igniting.

Either that or the ponies have lost a lot of their old personalities... and I just don't see the pairings episodes.

Not really an unpopular opinion, though I do agree with this. Heck there's still some mane six pairings that have yet to be unexplored(I'm still waiting on the RariDash episode :angry:  )

• Brohoof 1

My most unpopular opinion is probably that I don't think Fluttershy is irresistibly cute. I don't even think she's the cutest one out of the Mane six.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

-It took me half of the first season to become a brony

-I didn't hate Mare Do Well

-I found the Crystal Empire extremely disappointing

-I prefer Celestia over Luna

-I hate Just for SIdekicks with a passion

It's ironic that I have the same unpopular opinions as you except for the first two. I joined the fandom when I was a 11 year old girl and I'm a LITTLE BIT okay with Mare Do Well. But I don't completely hate it. Hehehe

-I find Gidla a interesting character and would love to see more of her and have her interact with Rainbow Dash some more. It must hurt that Rainbow Dash's old friend had to be rude.

-I use to hate Luna and Derpy's popularity but I like them now but their fanbases make me want to NOT like them.

-I feel like facepalming through my skull whenever people say

"OMG, WOONA CRIED ON THE MOON AND CELESTIA DIDN'T EVEN TALK TO HER!"

No, Princess Celestia DID talk to Luna. It was stated that she tried to "reason with her" in the pilot but then Luna was Nightmare Moon. Besides, if she hadn't banish her sister to the moon, every pony would have died and Equestira would be a isolated wasteland of dead ponies and skeletons from no sunlight. They need it for food, warmth, etc.

-As much as I like Luna as much as the next guy or girl, I felt Nightmare Moon was actually being the REAL tyrant here, not Celestia unlike most of the fandom.

I'm NOT saying Luna is. I mean Nightmare Moon, the shell build outside of Luna of her jealously.

1)She would banish the daylight forever, preventing light to help grow crops and food, providing warmth for the ponies, leaving Equestira in internal darkness and nighttime FOREVER and nopony could live to see the daylight once more, etc. Also, many more that could have happened. Basically drowning Equestira in internal darkness of the night. No longer allowing it. Tyrant much?

2)I know some people complain that "Celestia never talked with her" when she DID, but LUNA could have talked with her elder sister too, you know! Even if Celestia forbid it, she would have her reasons such as the ones I listed.

3)She didn't care whether the ponies would like internal night or not.

4)Even if the other ponies WERE ignoring her night (and I love the night sometimes), she shouldn't have turn Ponyville in forever nighttime just because everypony shun it. There was BOUND to be SOME ponies that liked her night time.

etc.

-As much as I like Princess Cadence as much as the next guy or girl, I felt she was kinda a bit of a Mary Sue.

-Like the one above, I felt it was dumb randomly throwing in Shining Armor or Princess Cadence with no mention of her in the whole series until a Canterlot Royal Wedding. Even though I like both characters though. Don't get me wrong.

-I don't ship Sparity and I like the idea of Spike X Sweetie Belle but I doubt BOTH of them ever happening because Megan McCarthy HATES Sparity and Dislestia.

But I'm okay with that since I don't ship either of them.

-I HATE PipBelle, SweetieMash, and Spikebloom.

-I'm SO SO SO sick of Rarijack and seeing it everywhere in the show. I'm okay with the ship myself and I'm in a Rarijack group on FIMFiction.Net and I like some stories and fanart but I'm SICK of seeing it sometimes and seeing it in the show.

I'm SICK of seeing them STAND next to each other. I don't know why, but I just do.

-Like the above one, I wish we could see more shipping moments of Rarity and Applejack with the OTHER Mane Six.

I think the writers are *possibly* Rarijack shippers actually... Like I'm being serious...

Now for my last two, which are my most unpopular ones I have. I don't want this too long so here we go!

-Unlike most girl bronies, I don't MIND the term Pegasister and I feel it's more creative than brony. I don't hate Brony, but I see bro everywhere. I actually kinda like both terms to be honest.

Not really an unpopular opinion, though I do agree with this. Heck there's still some mane six pairings that have yet to be unexplored(I'm still waiting on the RariDash episode :angry:)

THANK YOU SO BLOODY MUCH. FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE WHO AGREES WITH ME!

(I pray we see AT LEAST one RariDash moment. Come on Hasbro, I'm still waiting for that RariDash episode as well because Sonic Rainboom had more FlutterDash than actual RariDash! :angry:)

Edited by NamelessGoldFright
  • Brohoof 3

- Sombra is meaningless to me

- My favorite song is Discord's "Glass of Water"

- Cadence is worthless and I don't LOVE Luna at all

- Apple Bloom is Best Filly

- I REALLY like "Games Ponies Play" (accidentally skipped it the first time over)

The show went downhill after season 2.

Wrong. Even though season three sucked, season four was a little more on the upside thanks to Rarity Takes Manehattan, Pinkie Pride, and Testing Testing, among others. This season, we have much stronger episodes. Sure, a couple stunk, But Castle Sweet Castle, The Cutie Map, and Bloom & Gloom are each very good. There's a huge shot that Keep Discord will be among the top episodes, too, depending on how well it ages.

Pinkie Pie has become much more annoying since season 2, to the point where she seems forced. Only two episodes in season 4 remedy this.

I won't disagree. Pinkie in seasons three and part of four hurt her character, from being funny with a purpose to just being comedic. But there are still plenty of episodes to handle her correctly. Too Many Pinkie Pies is one such example. Others include Pinkie Pride, Maud Pie, Daring Don't, and Testing Testing. Currently, season five has nailed her character.

I wouldn't mind if Pinkie was replaced by Fluffle Puff.

Never happening.

1. Fluffle Puff is a ponysona. No one on the staff is allowed to look up fandom content due to Hasbro's contractual bylaws. If they use any of it as inspiration, the fan can sue DHX, Hasbro, the editor(s), and even the writer(s) for plagiarism to retrieve some financial compensation. Fan ponysonas are no exception.
  2. Pinkie is still one of the most memorable and most popular characters in the entire show. Replace her/kill her off, you'll kill off a massive section of the fanbase, both young AND old.
Applejack is really the only one out of the Mane 6 I fully like. She's the only 'real' one.

Applejack is as real as every other member of the Mane Six, Spike, and the CMCs. The other characters have several strengths, flaws, and obstacles to overcome.

Fluttershy has her kindness and timidity, but she also battles crippling stage fright. When the time is right, she calls them out and keeps her friends accountable through very sharp, blunt language, like in both Tanks for the Memories Keep Discord.

Rainbow Dash is one of the most complex characters on this whole show. Lazy, casual, unobservant, proud, wears her emotions on her sleeve, caring, loyal to a fault, but not afraid to admit the truth is the time arises.

Pinkie is very happy because her friends are happy. Her friends' emotions affect her greatly. Moreover, Pinkie Pie needs her friends to be happy in order to be happy. But she's extremely aware of her surroundings and is very proud of her ability to create and be silly. She reacts in her special way: funny with a purpose.

Twilight has grown aplenty. Incredibly organized prior, but now feels much more relaxed in her role, and that's affected in what she does around her like eating her burger messily in Twilight Time. But she can teach and desires to teach. Her adorkableness hasn't gone away; in fact, it returned in season five with her ruffle of her wings and "I'm pancake!" She's proud of being great friends with the others and wishes to spread the Magic of Friendship that she learned and grew into across Equestria.

Rarity competes with Dash as the most complex of the Mane Six. Generous to a fault, she has a keen eye for artistic quality. Her standards are high because she desires to treat her work with as much respect as possible. She normally has great reasons for her tantrums, but she's also extremely confident and sure of herself while being vain and having a big ego at times. Although not an effect of her character quality, her fanbase is incredibly dedicated; her great character studies are why.

The term 'Brony' is derogatory. Not once, since the term was made, have I identified as such.

You're factually incorrect. "Brony" is in no way, shape, or form derogatory. It's a great gender-neutral term to compass all fans of Friendship Is Magic, and every fan of FIM is a brony, whether the separatists want to "evade" the title or not. "Brony" is loudly pro-feminist; it doesn't simply confront on social norms of language. It spits on them. "Brony" doesn't play gender politics; it takes a word that also means "close friend" regardless of gender and laughs at it. You're a fan of Friendship Is Magic? If "yes," then you're a brony. Claiming it's derogatory when it's false contributes to the vile brony stereotypes.

Oof. I wish there was an easier way to divide up a reply. I bet I'm missing some shortcut key somewhere.

Alright, I'm aware that everyone has their opinion, that everyone is entitled to their opinion and that everyone is subject to their opinion being challenged.

Wrong. Even though season three sucked, season four was a little more on the upside thanks to Rarity Takes Manehattan, Pinkie Pride, and Testing Testing, among others. This season, we have much stronger episodes. Sure, a couple stunk, But Castle Sweet Castle, The Cutie Map, and Bloom & Gloom are each very good. There's a huge shot that Keep Discord will be among the top episodes, too, depending on how well it ages.

I say this because I found that episodes were leaving less and less of an impact on me after I watched them. The two strongest seasons, I feel, were the first two, as they had more episodes that I enjoyed. I say it started going downhill because with the more episodes I watched, the less of an impact they left on me. Season four was worse than season three simply because there were far fewer memorable episodes, with the exception of two. Now, when I say a season is 'weak', that doesn't mean that I didn't like every episode; I just didn't find as many that I enjoyed as a previous season. Season five is already shaping up to be better, but overall, in terms of my enjoyment, the series still needs to catch up to the first two seasons.

I won't disagree. Pinkie in seasons three and part of four hurt her character, from being funny with a purpose to just being comedic. But there are still plenty of episodes to handle her correctly. Too Many Pinkie Pies is one such example. Others include Pinkie Pride, Maud Pie, Daring Don't, and Testing Testing. Currently, season five has nailed her character.

I say the following in regards to Pinkie centric episodes, not episodes in general. Pinkie is cute, but I tend to not enjoy her personality in mass quantities, so when they 'amped her up', I felt like she was forced. Pinkie Pride, no matter how much I like Weird Al, wasn't that enjoyable for me. The two episodes I felt brought her back down were Maud Pie and Pinkie Apple Pie. I have no complaints of season five yet, and probably won't until the season is finished.

Never happening.

1. Fluffle Puff is a ponysona. No one on the staff is allowed to look up fandom content due to Hasbro's contractual bylaws. If they use any of it as inspiration, the fan can sue DHX, Hasbro, the editor(s), and even the writer(s) for plagiarism to retrieve some financial compensation. Fan ponysonas are no exception.
  2. Pinkie is still one of the most memorable and most popular characters in the entire show. Replace her/kill her off, you'll kill off a massive section of the fanbase, both young AND old.

1. I'm a little surprised that you felt you had to point the first bullet out, considering how well-read you seem to be. I would have assumed that you could take a hint that I already know this and you would have not agreed with, but understood or even imagined why I said what I said.

2. I am also aware of this. Based on my experience with the fandom, not anyone else's, I have found that general Pinkie fans are obnoxious and overbearing and my knee-jerk reaction is that I wouldn't mind seeing those people gone. However, I know that not everyone is like this and it was simply an entry for the thread, as was the first bullet.

Applejack is as real as every other member of the Mane Six, Spike, and the CMCs. The other characters have several strengths, flaws, and obstacles to overcome.

Fluttershy has her kindness and timidity, but she also battles crippling stage fright. When the time is right, she calls them out and keeps her friends accountable through very sharp, blunt language, like in both Tanks for the Memories Keep Discord.

Rainbow Dash is one of the most complex characters on this whole show. Lazy, casual, unobservant, proud, wears her emotions on her sleeve, caring, loyal to a fault, but not afraid to admit the truth is the time arises.

Pinkie is very happy because her friends are happy. Her friends' emotions affect her greatly. Moreover, Pinkie Pie needs her friends to be happy in order to be happy. But she's extremely aware of her surroundings and is very proud of her ability to create and be silly. She reacts in her special way: funny with a purpose.

Twilight has grown aplenty. Incredibly organized prior, but now feels much more relaxed in her role, and that's affected in what she does around her like eating her burger messily in Twilight Time. But she can teach and desires to teach. Her adorkableness hasn't gone away; in fact, it returned in season five with her ruffle of her wings and "I'm pancake!" She's proud of being great friends with the others and wishes to spread the Magic of Friendship that she learned and grew into across Equestria.

Rarity competes with Dash as the most complex of the Mane Six. Generous to a fault, she has a keen eye for artistic quality. Her standards are high because she desires to treat her work with as much respect as possible. She normally has great reasons for her tantrums, but she's also extremely confident and sure of herself while being vain and having a big ego at times. Although not an effect of her character quality, her fanbase is incredibly dedicated; her great character studies are why.

This one I knew would be called out at some point, so an explanation is in order. Now, I don't expect a show about colorful talking equines to be realistic in every way and I'm also not arguing with you about your details of the characters. More often than not, emotional situations are dealt with that affects the Mane Six in realistic ways. I'm not arguing that. However, I'm a huge fan of Slice of Life genre and while the show captures regular pony life well, I tend to relate more to Applejack. Her episodes (Applejack-centic, not mane six-centric) tend to be more about problems that you could see yourself getting into. Not so much RD or Flutters, as they involve flying and not so much Twilight or Rarity as they can use magic. Pinkie comes in close, but I don't see myself having a party-off with a new friend or trying to make sure everybody in town is my friend, nor having to deal with clones. I have helped out my family with rebuilding structures that have fallen, I have worked on my uncle's farm and I, myself, not saying other people don't, have worked myself to the bone, to the point where I would go without sleep every few days.

All characters are relatable, but I find Applejack to be the most real because, while I don't own a farm, the business and family responsibilities resemble mine. Having two kids and a spouse, I want them taken care of and I work hard to ensure that.

You're factually incorrect. "Brony" is in no way, shape, or form derogatory. It's a great gender-neutral term to compass all fans of Friendship Is Magic, and every fan of FIM is a brony, whether the separatists want to "evade" the title or not. "Brony" is loudly pro-feminist; it doesn't simply confront on social norms of language. It spits on them. "Brony" doesn't play gender politics; it takes a word that also means "close friend" regardless of gender and laughs at it. You're a fan of Friendship Is Magic? If "yes," then you're a brony. Claiming it's derogatory when it's false contributes to the vile brony stereotypes.

Now this one is unfortunate, and the one part that I actively disagree with you on, which I will address last.

First things first, my view is based on my own experiences. Every fan that I have met in real life has been a bad person. That's just bad luck. Most of the ones I ran into turned out to be people I worked with and, as such, I was unable to stay away from them during work. They were the kind of person who wouldn't accept an opinion that was different than their's, if it was negative. It was to the point where they would purposefully antagonize me and I was forced to report them just to get them off my back.

At the same time, I have come across many fans on the internet who were less than savory for almost the same reasons. They were obviously easy to get away from. All I had to do was ignore them. It also depends on the site you go to. The few previous sites that I have left were filled with nothing but these kinds of fans and I found no reason to stick around, making sure I kept other methods of communications open to the few friends I did make.

I'll have to ask you how the term 'brony' is pro-feminist, as the only reasons you give are because of social norms and that the term is gender-neutral. (I know you have other reasons, which I why I'm asking. I'm not accusing you of only saying that.) However, I consider myself a reasonable feminist and quite a few of the more well-known ones that are highly vocal tend to not associate themselves with the term 'brony', if they're even a fan at all. While I have seen others say that it is pro-feminist, there are more active members that call themselves 'bronies' that are quite misogynistic. It is also the reason why 'love and tolerate', a saying created by the fans in regards to bullies and later abused and used against other fans that didn't agree with them (going back to my co-workers).

And last, 'brony' does not mean anything positive to me. Stereotypes are a bad thing to identify and see but unfortunately, based on my experiences, these stereotypes exist and are thriving. I say its derogatory because by identifying myself as a 'brony', I am outwardly associating myself with these people, with my co-workers that caused me issues. It's not a matter of not wanting society to see me as such; it already sees me as a 'brony'. I could care less what society thinks of me. No, I refuse to label myself a 'brony' based on my own personal feelings. It doesn't apply to every fan, but I choose to stay away from it because of the bad ones. I can't stop you from calling me one because you feel like it, but it is my own right as a living being to choose and apply my labels as I see fit. 

I am a casual fan of My Little Pony. I have been a fan since the first generation. I have a love of writing and I enjoy interacting with other fans. I collect artwork because it is aesthetically pleasing. I am not a 'brony'.

You are NOT going to call me out and tell me I am wrong for what I choose to believe in, just because you think its wrong. I don't challenge my spouse's catholic beliefs when I don't believe in any sort of deity, I don't challenge anyone else's beliefs of anything if they are different than my own. Debate is one thing, but when you go around and tell people that their opinions are wrong, because respecting opinions intellectually insults you, then maybe just flat out ignoring them is your best bet. 

While your love of debate is admirable, your need for it makes you seem like a bully. You can be respectful of opinions and also challenge them, but who are you to say that I should have enjoyed something just because you did? I watched it. I rated it. I formed my opinions. Your interests are different than mine and as such, you do not get to say what I do and do not enjoy, just as I can't tell you what you are supposed to enjoy or not enjoy.

Ah, I missed this. <3 I will say that I enjoyed typing out the reply. 

• Brohoof 5

Oof. I wish there was an easier way to divide up a reply. I bet I'm missing some shortcut key somewhere.

Alright, I'm aware that everyone has their opinion, that everyone is entitled to their opinion and that everyone is subject to their opinion being challenged.

I say this because I found that episodes were leaving less and less of an impact on me after I watched them. The two strongest seasons, I feel, were the first two, as they had more episodes that I enjoyed. I say it started going downhill because with the more episodes I watched, the less of an impact they left on me. Season four was worse than season three simply because there were far fewer memorable episodes, with the exception of two. Now, when I say a season is 'weak', that doesn't mean that I didn't like every episode; I just didn't find as many that I enjoyed as a previous season. Season five is already shaping up to be better, but overall, in terms of my enjoyment, the series still needs to catch up to the first two seasons.

I say the following in regards to Pinkie centric episodes, not episodes in general. Pinkie is cute, but I tend to not enjoy her personality in mass quantities, so when they 'amped her up', I felt like she was forced. Pinkie Pride, no matter how much I like Weird Al, wasn't that enjoyable for me. The two episodes I felt brought her back down were Maud Pie and Pinkie Apple Pie. I have no complaints of season five yet, and probably won't until the season is finished.

1. I'm a little surprised that you felt you had to point the first bullet out, considering how well-read you seem to be. I would have assumed that you could take a hint that I already know this and you would have not agreed with, but understood or even imagined why I said what I said.

2. I am also aware of this. Based on my experience with the fandom, not anyone else's, I have found that general Pinkie fans are obnoxious and overbearing and my knee-jerk reaction is that I wouldn't mind seeing those people gone. However, I know that not everyone is like this and it was simply an entry for the thread, as was the first bullet.

This one I knew would be called out at some point, so an explanation is in order. Now, I don't expect a show about colorful talking equines to be realistic in every way and I'm also not arguing with you about your details of the characters. More often than not, emotional situations are dealt with that affects the Mane Six in realistic ways. I'm not arguing that. However, I'm a huge fan of Slice of Life genre and while the show captures regular pony life well, I tend to relate more to Applejack. Her episodes (Applejack-centic, not mane six-centric) tend to be more about problems that you could see yourself getting into. Not so much RD or Flutters, as they involve flying and not so much Twilight or Rarity as they can use magic. Pinkie comes in close, but I don't see myself having a party-off with a new friend or trying to make sure everybody in town is my friend, nor having to deal with clones. I have helped out my family with rebuilding structures that have fallen, I have worked on my uncle's farm and I, myself, not saying other people don't, have worked myself to the bone, to the point where I would go without sleep every few days.

All characters are relatable, but I find Applejack to be the most real because, while I don't own a farm, the business and family responsibilities resemble mine. Having two kids and a spouse, I want them taken care of and I work hard to ensure that.

Now this one is unfortunate, and the one part that I actively disagree with you on, which I will address last.

First things first, my view is based on my own experiences. Every fan that I have met in real life has been a bad person. That's just bad luck. Most of the ones I ran into turned out to be people I worked with and, as such, I was unable to stay away from them during work. They were the kind of person who wouldn't accept an opinion that was different than their's, if it was negative. It was to the point where they would purposefully antagonize me and I was forced to report them just to get them off my back.

At the same time, I have come across many fans on the internet who were less than savory for almost the same reasons. They were obviously easy to get away from. All I had to do was ignore them. It also depends on the site you go to. The few previous sites that I have left were filled with nothing but these kinds of fans and I found no reason to stick around, making sure I kept other methods of communications open to the few friends I did make.

I'll have to ask you how the term 'brony' is pro-feminist, as the only reasons you give are because of social norms and that the term is gender-neutral. (I know you have other reasons, which I why I'm asking. I'm not accusing you of only saying that.) However, I consider myself a reasonable feminist and quite a few of the more well-known ones that are highly vocal tend to not associate themselves with the term 'brony', if they're even a fan at all. While I have seen others say that it is pro-feminist, there are more active members that call themselves 'bronies' that are quite misogynistic. It is also the reason why 'love and tolerate', a saying created by the fans in regards to bullies and later abused and used against other fans that didn't agree with them (going back to my co-workers).

And last, 'brony' does not mean anything positive to me. Stereotypes are a bad thing to identify and see but unfortunately, based on my experiences, these stereotypes exist and are thriving. I say its derogatory because by identifying myself as a 'brony', I am outwardly associating myself with these people, with my co-workers that caused me issues. It's not a matter of not wanting society to see me as such; it already sees me as a 'brony'. I could care less what society thinks of me. No, I refuse to label myself a 'brony' based on my own personal feelings. It doesn't apply to every fan, but I choose to stay away from it because of the bad ones. I can't stop you from calling me one because you feel like it, but it is my own right as a living being to choose and apply my labels as I see fit. 

I am a casual fan of My Little Pony. I have been a fan since the first generation. I have a love of writing and I enjoy interacting with other fans. I collect artwork because it is aesthetically pleasing. I am not a 'brony'.

You are NOT going to call me out and tell me I am wrong for what I choose to believe in, just because you think its wrong. I don't challenge my spouse's catholic beliefs when I don't believe in any sort of deity, I don't challenge anyone else's beliefs of anything if they are different than my own. Debate is one thing, but when you go around and tell people that their opinions are wrong, because respecting opinions intellectually insults you, then maybe just flat out ignoring them is your best bet. 

While your love of debate is admirable, your need for it makes you seem like a bully. You can be respectful of opinions and also challenge them, but who are you to say that I should have enjoyed something just because you did? I watched it. I rated it. I formed my opinions. Your interests are different than mine and as such, you do not get to say what I do and do not enjoy, just as I can't tell you what you are supposed to enjoy or not enjoy.

Ah, I missed this. <3 I will say that I enjoyed typing out the reply. 

I felt the same way about Season 1 and 2. Those were my favorites. Season 3, 4, 5 have some choice episodes but overall did not like them as much as Season 1 and 2. I also feel a lot of stuff from season 1 and 2 are being left out on the new ones so kind of have a gripe on that.

• Brohoof 1