Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv 3 Not So Common Movie Recommendations

Party Cannon

(edited)

I am a movie lover, and always looking for more to check out and see.

What 3 movies do you recommend I see that you like that you think most people either wouldn't recommend or know about?

Please don't be like JURASSIC PARK! or GONE WITH THE WIND! or FORREST GUMP! Those are good movies, yet I know you have some favorites that aren't as common or well known etc.

CMC_watching_a_movie_S3E4.png

Edited by Party Cannon
  • Brohoof 3

I would have to recommend these three movies that are good but not a lot of people know about them until they saw it.

1. The Great Gatsby

2. World War Z

3. Batman Forever

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Godzilla (The 1998 film)

This movie received a huge amount of hate and criticism, and was failure in selling.

But I really enjoyed the movie, and actually deem it as some of my favorites.

Is available on Netflix, And VHS of course. :P

________

Quest for Camelot

This movie is beautifully animated and is great for an audience of all ages. AND Lauren Faust had z hand in this movie. One of my Top Ten favorites.

_________

Hook

A peter pan movie like no other

I can't really describe the movie, but it is my number one all time favorite.

Starring Robin Williams

Available on Youtube

Edited by TheBronyHeart
  • Brohoof 1

harry brown. i love that film.

that's my boy much people hate it, i found it very amusing

god bless amerika very beautiful film, definately recomended

1. Fantasia 2000
  2. Twister
  3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Anyone of these movies are interesting in their own way. Fantasia 2000 is just a fun movie with incredible art and classic music. Twister is pretty badass when it comes to the aspect of Tornado Chasing, and again, the music is super badass. The Perks of Being a Wallflower will speak to ANY teenager, especially those struggling in the social aspect, with a story that is so compelling it speaks volumes on its own.

(edited)

This is right up my alley. Here are my three.

1. The Razors Edge (1984) : Upper Class American comes back from fighting in World War 1 and is greatly changed. 

2. Gallipoli (1981) : Two young Australians volunteer to fight in WWI. They go to Gallipoli in Turkey

3. Apocalypse Now (1979) : During the Vietnam War, a general goes rogue and a small team is sent into the jungle to eliminate him.

These movies make you think, a lot. 

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ahem.

Brazil: One of great science fiction films of any era, and one of my favorite movies of all time. It's basically 1984 if it was a comedy. Great performances, jaw-dropping visuals and practical effects, and a warning about what bureaucracy and technology is doing to humanity that remains as relevant as ever. Terrifying and hilarious at the same time.

Kung Fu Hustle: From the dude who made Shaolin Soccer, which is also great. A kung fu action movie that employs the same physics as Loony Toons, it's full of memorable characters, creative action scenes, brilliant slap stick and witty comedy, and genuinely touching moments and visual poetry. You know, between all the dudes getting thrown through windows and getting slapped with sandals.

The Castle of Count Cagliostro: One of Hayao Miyazaki's earliest movies. It's a simple, straight forward action adventure movie, but it's a damn good one. The animation is expressive and big, it has the same great blend of humor and character as the Indiana Jones series, fantastic action scenes, and it's anchored by one of the greatest anime heroes ever, Lupin III. Tons of fun.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

I have a couple of movies that you should give a go.

• She's The Man
  • Mean Girls
  • Pitch Perfect

All wonderful humorous movies that will make you pee yourself in odd places. You can make a whole bunch of quotes from these particular movies. It's so epic because, my cousins have seen these movies and we always quote the movie when we see each other and it's a enjoyment. I do not just suggest you see these movies I need you to see them.

Edited by Dopey Hooves

(edited)

K only just 3 i got this i seen sone strange movies

Bubba Hotep- Bruce Cambrll movie about a aging Elvis and a guy who thinks he's JFK in a nursing home that battles a egyptian mummy that sucks souls

Fido- zombie mivie were after the apocalypse people live in in gated communities and found a way to Domesticate zombies to do chores

Troll 2- best worse movie ever made, acting and costumes so bad it's funny to watch

Runner up is Orgasmo made by the south park creators

Edited by DaReaper
  • Brohoof 2

Across The Universe-an artistic, ambitious Beatles-themed jukebox musical telling the story of two young lovers, the friends they come across, and how their lives are changed forever by the Vietnam War.

The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut-a stunning animated film with a tragic history (being in development hell for 30 years) about a mute cobbler who comes to the aid of a princess to defeat a wicked king's vazier and army of one-eyed men. (It makes sense in context.)

Mrs. Doubtfire-Just your average, humorous Robin Williams comedy than runs along in the same vein as Hook, but with more of a slice-of-life premise about a actor who gets himself into a bad divorce that separates him from his kids, so he disguises himself as a woman with the help of makeup artist he knows and poses as a nanny to fool his wife and visit his see his children, and he also has to deal with his former wife's new jerk of a boyfriend, and learns a thing or too in the process. Like I said, in the same vein as Hook.

• Brohoof 1

Bubba Hotep- Bruce Cambrll movie about a aging Elvis and a guy who thinks he's JFK in a nursing home that battles a egyptian mummy that sucks souls

Oh dear god... Bubba Ho-tep...

Anyway, my list:

The Day After - 1983 made-for-TV movie about a nuclear holocaust that really gets ya thinkin'. Graphic, disturbing, powerful stuff. You can find this whole movie on YouTube.

Life Is Beautiful - It's in Italian, but as long as you're okay with reading subtitles, it's a really good film. It's kind of a comedy centered around the Holocaust, but does so without being insensitive.

The Mummy (1932)Really old horror movie. Pretty durned good. It's got Boris Karloff in it.

Now, if you're looking for something a little more "out there"...

Yellow Submarine - There is no understanding this movie, it is merely psychedelia and bad jokes. Simply fantastic. This'n is also on YouTube.

2001: A Space Odyssey - Just out there. The book was already out there, and then Stanley Kubrick came along and expounded on the trippiness. It's great, it's a classic, and it's fuckin' out there.

Monty Python's The Life of Brian - Caught a lot of flak for "making fun of Jesus", but it doesn't. At all. Well, maybe a little, but that ain't what it's about. It's funny, and it actually has some materiel in it for us interlektuels.

And, of course, the obligatory:

The Big Lebowski - 1998 comedy about a stoner bowler who calls himself "The Dude" (played by Jeff Bridges) who, after having his home broken into and his rug micturated upon, is tasked with recovering a millionaire's kidnapped wife. Really funny, in a really stupid this-is-totally-a-stoner-movie kind of way.

• Brohoof 3

1. Cyrano de Bergerac: released in 1950, starring Jose Ferrer, an English translation of the original play, this film has a bit of everything; rousing sword fights, passionate romance, political intrigue, fantasy, drama, lies, truth, and beautifully eloquent speeches and poetry. Like if you crossed Eroll Flynn with Shakespeare. My favorite film of all time.

2. The Room: One of the worst films ever made; written, produced, directed, and starred by one man; Tommy Wiseau, and it is TERRIBLE! Every possible thing you could expect to go wrong with this movie does go wrong, and the result is something so poorly done that it's actually rather fascinating. It's like some kind of super-patient-zero with every disease known to man; horrible to behold, yet fascinating to study.

3. The Rocky Horror Picture Show: a cult classic, an undeniably weird music that pays homage to the goofy, campy sci-fi films of the 60's. Catchy tunes, an interesting story line, and visual wonder abound, and the whole thing is crowned by Tim Curry in his legendary role as Dr. Frankenfurter, who is as engrossingly odd as he is bizarrely sexy. A film not to be missed!

• Brohoof 1

1. The Iron Giant-

This movie is amazing and it's a real shame it's not too well known. It has a lot of emotion and humor in it. Oh, and it's a cartoon.

2. Batman: Under the Red Hood-

Another cartoon that's not too well known. This very dark and mature Batman movie is really good and brings up a lot of good topics      to debate. And the story in it is amazing. And don't forget the animation and voice acting.

3. 9-

This is a 3D animated film by Tim Burton about 9 ragdoll like robots in a post-apocalyptic world. It is really interesting and the world is very creepy, but interesting to look at. I highly recommend watching it, but please note it is very creepy and dark.

1. Bronson

2.  Idiocracy 

3. Batman Year One

Those three are some of my favorites that don't seem to get too much recognition. The Iron Giant, Prince of Egypt and Dr. Horrible's singalong blog deserve to be checked out as well. 

• Brohoof 2

Everyone who is suggesting a film I like is also suggesting one I haven't seen. This thread is going to be a good resource for me, too.

I'd like to suggest another three movies:

L4YER CAKƐ - British crime thriller with decent pacing and great acting talent. Elements of Trainspotting grit and Pulp Fiction anarchy, and a little Scarface for good measure. By the director of X-Men: First Class and Kick-Ass.

JCVD - According to some critics, Jean-Claude Van Damme gave one of the best acting performances of 2008 in this movie. Yes, that Jean-Claude Van Damme. That ought to be enough to pique anyone's interest and, in my opinion, you'll be rewarded for following through and checking this film out. 

The Last American Virgin - Fast Times at Ridgemont High ruled in 1982 as part of the "coming of age / must get laid" group of movies which would help define the decade. This one - far more unrefined and crude than that film - was quite the sleeper, and one heck of a time capsule / cult film for today. It was almost universally panned back then, but you can't badmouth the ambition when it comes to the protagonist's story...and the epic soundtrack is full of "how the hell did this film land the rights to that song?" moments.

• Brohoof 2

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - This movie is amazing. It's a foreign film about the real life story of Jean-Dominique Bauby. A stroke left him completely paralyzed except for his left eye. In the movie, he communicates with his speech therapist through partner assisted scanning. He talks about what it's like being trapped in his body, his thoughts, his imagination, etc. He ends up writing a book through blinking his left eyelid about his life. The film adaptation is amazing, and I highly recommend it. It's a beautiful film.

Away We Go - I love this movie. It's a romantic comedy about a couple who are looking for the right place to raise their first child. They travel to all sorts of places around the U.S., and stumble upon very interesting lifestyles. It's a funny, charming, and unique romantic comedy that is enjoyable no matter what kinds of movies you like.

The Fall - A fascinating film about a hospitalized stuntman telling a story to a little girl. The film is really artistic and I think it's one of the most underrated films out there. If you're looking for a good movie that's uncommon, look no more. This movie will amaze you.

Fantastic movies everyone should watch:

3. Son of the Mask - A pretty serious movie, and is great for people that like their mind blown with drama.

2. Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 - Broke the box office back in the day. More profits than the Avengers.

1. Troll 2 - Nominated for thousands of awards.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, here are, essentially, my top three favorite movies at the moment:

1. Battle Royale- The best way I can describe this is as the "Japanese Hunger Games". Only it isn't...it's a whole lot better, in my opinion.

2. Kung Pow: Enter the Fist- This is an amazingly hilarious spoof on Kung Fu movies. It's definitely underrated and I think everyone should watch it. By the way, you'll never make it. Weu weu weu weu. 

3. Clerks- This definitely has to be my favorite Kevin Smith movie. The best thing about it is the incredibly witty and humorous dialogue. I definitely recommend it. 

1. American History X

It's a great movie but the subject/plot is kind of hard to deal with, especially if someone is really sensitive to radical ideologies.

Deals with neo-nazism.

2. The Doors

The movie was good and I think Val Kilmer did good as Jim Morrison. Really got the drug look right.

3. Kung Fu Hustle

Now this movie is awesome. The humor and the style of the movie just makes everything enjoyable.

• Brohoof 3

1. American History X

It's a great movie but the subject/plot is kind of hard to deal with, especially if someone is really sensitive to radical ideologies.

Deals with neo-nazism.

Ah, nice recommendation. That's one of my favorite movies as well. I like how you warned people about its content. It's definitely not a movie for everyone.

WOW thanks for all the responses! I feel I should return the courtesy.

I would have to recommend these three movies that are good but not a lot of people know about them until they saw it.

1. The Great Gatsby

2. World War Z

3. Batman Forever

Seen: The Great Gastby - I had very high expectations, with only some being met. The acting was excellent, but I wished the music was better. I felt Jay-Z wrecked it, instead of trying to be somewhat period accurate or at least coherent. Otherwise, good.

Batman Forever - Actually had the Batmobile toy from that movie. It doesn't measure up to the Tim Burton movies, but it is thoroughly fun.

Unseen: World War Z - Will probably see it in the theater in the next week or two then. I hope it is as good as you say. wink.png

Godzilla (The 1998 film)
This movie received a huge amount of hate and criticism, and was failure in selling.
But I really enjoyed the movie, and actually deem it as some of my favorites.

Is available on Netflix, And VHS of course. tongue.png
________

Quest for Camelot

This movie is beautifully animated and is great for an audience of all ages. AND Lauren Faust had z hand in this movie. One of my Top Ten favorites.
_________
Hook

A peter pan movie like no other
I can't really describe the movie, but it is my number one all time favorite.

Starring Robin Williams
Available on Youtube

Seen: I have seen all three of these, with Quest For Camelot being the favorite. It isn't a Disney picture, but still great all around. Real fun. Hook is a classic but I have seen Robin in better. It deserves its following though. Godzilla isn't as bad as what critics say, but I would blame it on the source material. The military aspect is attractive.

Idiocracy for something funny.

Fresh (1994) for crime / gritty.

Cinema Paradiso for drama / romance (and just because it's a fine, fine film).

Seen: Idiocracy - Great social satire. It's funny my family mentions that film when the masses do something dumb or any time we go to Walmart. hahaha.

Unseen: Fresh - I am intrigued. Cinema Paradiso - I have been listening to the soundtrack, yet have not seen it yet.

harry brown. i love that film.

that's my boy much people hate it, i found it very amusing

god bless amerika very beautiful film, definately recomended

I haven't seen any of these. Cool! Harry Brown - I am a Michael Caine fan so sounds good. That's My Boy - eeeek. Very trepidations about Adam Sandler's stuff. God Bless Amerika - Typo? Couldn't find it on IMDB.com.

1. Fantasia 2000
  2. Twister
  3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Anyone of these movies are interesting in their own way. Fantasia 2000 is just a fun movie with incredible art and classic music. Twister is pretty badass when it comes to the aspect of Tornado Chasing, and again, the music is super badass. The Perks of Being a Wallflower will speak to ANY teenager, especially those struggling in the social aspect, with a story that is so compelling it speaks volumes on its own.

Seen: Fantasia 2000 - Great film as expected from Disney. The Rhapsody in Blue segment was my favorite. Twister - Pretty self explanatory. It was a product of its time. Revolutionary in some ways though.

Unseen: The Perks of Being a Wallflower - A friend recommended it to me a week ago. I must be missing out.

This is right up my alley. Here are my three.

1. The Razors Edge (1984) : Upper Class American comes back from fighting in World War 1 and is greatly changed. 

2. Gallipoli (1981) : Two young Australians volunteer to fight in WWI. They go to Gallipoli in Turkey

3. Apocalypse Now (1979) : During the Vietnam War, a general goes rogue and a small team is sent into the jungle to eliminate him.

These movies make you think, a lot. 

Seen: Apocalypse Now - That movie sir, happens to be tied for my favorite film. It is like no other!

Unseen: Gallipoli - I actually have it, yet haven't watched it yet! I gotta get crack'n. The Razors Edge - Sounds real cool, just have to find it.

Ahem.

Brazil: One of great science fiction films of any era, and one of my favorite movies of all time. It's basically 1984 if it was a comedy. Great performances, jaw-dropping visuals and practical effects, and a warning about what bureaucracy and technology is doing to humanity that remains as relevant as ever. Terrifying and hilarious at the same time.

Kung Fu Hustle: From the dude who made Shaolin Soccer, which is also great. A kung fu action movie that employs the same physics as Loony Toons, it's full of memorable characters, creative action scenes, brilliant slap stick and witty comedy, and genuinely touching moments and visual poetry. You know, between all the dudes getting thrown through windows and getting slapped with sandals.

The Castle of Count Cagliostro: One of Hayao Miyazaki's earliest movies. It's a simple, straight forward action adventure movie, but it's a damn good one. The animation is expressive and big, it has the same great blend of humor and character as the Indiana Jones series, fantastic action scenes, and it's anchored by one of the greatest anime heroes ever, Lupin III. Tons of fun.

Haven't seen these. Brazil sounds good. It's supposed to be profound. Kung Fu Hustle sounds goofy in a good way. The Castle of Count Cagliostro sounds good from the title and plot BUT anime gives me a headache after 10 minutes. Can't relate.

I have a couple of movies that you should give a go.

• She's The Man
  • Mean Girls
  • Pitch Perfect

All wonderful humorous movies that will make you pee yourself in odd places. You can make a whole bunch of quotes from these particular movies. It's so epic because, my cousins have seen these movies and we always quote the movie when we see each other and it's a enjoyment. I do not just suggest you see these movies I need you to see them.

Seen: Mean Girls - Got insight into a world that is foreign to me (being a teenage girl in high school). Surprisingly decent.

Unseen: She's the Man - I'm cautious about an Amanda Bynes film. Pitch Perfect - Could be good, but the trailer scared me away.

K only just 3 i got this i seen sone strange movies

Fido- zombie mivie were after the apocalypse people live in in gated communities and found a way to Domesticate zombies to do chores

Troll 2- best worse movie ever made, acting and costumes so bad it's funny to watch

Runner up is Orgasmo made by the south park creators

Bubba Hotep I saw indirectly (heard the audio as my sister and Dad watched it). I heard it was...weird... Troll 2 - "OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!" Fido sounds fun. Will seek it out.

Across The Universe-an artistic, ambitious Beatles-themed jukebox musical telling the story of two young lovers, the friends they come across, and how their lives are changed forever by the Vietnam War.

The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut-a stunning animated film with a tragic history (being in development hell for 30 years) about a mute cobbler who comes to the aid of a princess to defeat a wicked king's vazier and army of one-eyed men. (It makes sense in context.)

Mrs. Doubtfire-Just your average, humorous Robin Williams comedy than runs along in the same vein as Hook, but with more of a slice-of-life premise about a actor who gets himself into a bad divorce that separates him from his kids, so he disguises himself as a woman with the help of makeup artist he knows and poses as a nanny to fool his wife and visit his see his children, and he also has to deal with his former wife's new jerk of a boyfriend, and learns a thing or too in the process. Like I said, in the same vein as Hook.

I have seen your three. Good choices! Across the Universe is an experience of a movie, being a period piece and a very long intoxicating music video. Liked it. The Thief and the Cobbler is a childhood catalog mainstay. You may yell at me, but I love the Miramax version. The Thief and his incessant thoughts/talking is one of the funniest things to me in all of film. Mrs. Doubtfire has it's moments and is a 90's classic. The movie recut as a horror film on Youtube was all too easy, which is scary.

I don't have three but one I would highly recommend is Hot Rod. I am pretty sure that it is on Netflix, but it's a hilarious movie.

I will give it another try, but man the pool scene that I flipped into on TV was lame. Got a generation to say "Cool Beans" so I give it that.

Oh dear god... Bubba Ho-tep...

Anyway, my list:

The Day After - 1983 made-for-TV movie about a nuclear holocaust that really gets ya thinkin'. Graphic, disturbing, powerful stuff. You can find this whole movie on YouTube.

Life Is Beautiful - It's in Italian, but as long as you're okay with reading subtitles, it's a really good film. It's kind of a comedy centered around the Holocaust, but does so without being insensitive.

The Mummy (1932)Really old horror movie. Pretty durned good. It's got Boris Karloff in it.

Now, if you're looking for something a little more "out there"...

Yellow Submarine - There is no understanding this movie, it is merely psychedelia and bad jokes. Simply fantastic. This'n is also on YouTube.

2001: A Space Odyssey - Just out there. The book was already out there, and then Stanley Kubrick came along and expounded on the trippiness. It's great, it's a classic, and it's fuckin' out there.

Monty Python's The Life of Brian - Caught a lot of flak for "making fun of Jesus", but it doesn't. At all. Well, maybe a little, but that ain't what it's about. It's funny, and it actually has some materiel in it for us interlektuels.

And, of course, the obligatory:

The Big Lebowski - 1998 comedy about a stoner bowler who calls himself "The Dude" (played by Jeff Bridges) who, after having his home broken into and his rug micturated upon, is tasked with recovering a millionaire's kidnapped wife. Really funny, in a really stupid this-is-totally-a-stoner-movie kind of way.

Man you over delivered! haha. The Day After indeed sounds thoughtful. I have been procrastinating about Life is Beautiful but not anymore. I detest remakes, but one of the major exceptions was the remake of the original Mummy. I will give your original another go, but while that one put me to sleep, the Stephen Sommers version is in my top favorites. Yellow Submarine would be good for a day that a sound mind isn't necessary. I watched the first 10 minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey and was violently disappointed. Life of Brian is pretty damn witty and love the graffiti scene. The Big Lebowski is one of the oddest "popular" movies I have seen. Great cast though.

1. Cyrano de Bergerac: released in 1950, starring Jose Ferrer, an English translation of the original play, this film has a bit of everything; rousing sword fights, passionate romance, political intrigue, fantasy, drama, lies, truth, and beautifully eloquent speeches and poetry. Like if you crossed Eroll Flynn with Shakespeare. My favorite film of all time.

2. The Room: One of the worst films ever made; written, produced, directed, and starred by one man; Tommy Wiseau, and it is TERRIBLE! Every possible thing you could expect to go wrong with this movie does go wrong, and the result is something so poorly done that it's actually rather fascinating. It's like some kind of super-patient-zero with every disease known to man; horrible to behold, yet fascinating to study.

3. The Rocky Horror Picture Show: a cult classic, an undeniably weird music that pays homage to the goofy, campy sci-fi films of the 60's. Catchy tunes, an interesting story line, and visual wonder abound, and the whole thing is crowned by Tim Curry in his legendary role as Dr. Frankenfurter, who is as engrossingly odd as he is bizarrely sexy. A film not to be missed!

Cyrano de Bergerac sounds cool. The search begins! The Room is indeed notorious. I don't know if I want to commit film watching suicide though. The Rocky Horror Picture Show I have only seen parts of. Got to sit down and watch it all the way through. The song is catchy as hell.

I'm not a movie buff, but I'll give a recommendation.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

It has a website here: http://drhorrible.com/

It's a comedy musical tragedy. It's really quite amazing.

Cool, sounds original and entertaining.

1. The Iron Giant-

This movie is amazing and it's a real shame it's not too well known. It has a lot of emotion and humor in it. Oh, and it's a cartoon.

2. Batman: Under the Red Hood-

Another cartoon that's not too well known. This very dark and mature Batman movie is really good and brings up a lot of good topics      to debate. And the story in it is amazing. And don't forget the animation and voice acting.

3. 9-

This is a 3D animated film by Tim Burton about 9 ragdoll like robots in a post-apocalyptic world. It is really interesting and the world is very creepy, but interesting to look at. I highly recommend watching it, but please note it is very creepy and dark.

The Iron Giant is somewhat of an ignored gem. Great animated film, with an almost unmatched soul to it. "yes. NAH NAH NO! Call me Dean!"

Big fan of Batman The Animated series from the 90's, so if Red Hood is anything like it I'm in.

9 is one that I have procrastinated. Cool concept.

1. Bronson

2.  Idiocracy 

3. Batman Year One

Those three are some of my favorites that don't seem to get too much recognition. The Iron Giant, Prince of Egypt and Dr. Horrible's singalong blog deserve to be checked out as well. 

Another Idiocracy reccomendation. I like it! Seen it, very good social satire, and what's scary is that a lot of people act like those characters in our society.

Big fan of Batman The Animated series from the 90's, so if Year One is anything like it I'm in.

Everyone who is suggesting a film I like is also suggesting one I haven't seen. This thread is going to be a good resource for me, too.

I'd like to suggest another three movies:

L4YER CAK? - British crime thriller with decent pacing and great acting talent. Elements of Trainspotting grit and Pulp Fiction anarchy, and a little Scarface for good measure. By the director of X-Men: First Class and Kick-Ass.

JCVD - According to some critics, Jean-Claude Van Damme gave one of the best acting performances of 2008 in this movie. Yes, that Jean-Claude Van Damme. That ought to be enough to pique anyone's interest and, in my opinion, you'll be rewarded for following through and checking this film out. 

The Last American Virgin - Fast Times at Ridgemont High ruled in 1982 as part of the "coming of age / must get laid" group of movies which would help define the decade. This one - far more unrefined and crude than that film - was quite the sleeper, and one heck of a time capsule / cult film for today. It was almost universally panned back then, but you can't badmouth the ambition when it comes to the protagonist's story...and the epic soundtrack is full of "how the hell did this film land the rights to that song?" moments.

More interesting ones I have yet to see. Thanks !

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - This movie is amazing. It's a foreign film about the real life story of Jean-Dominique Bauby. A stroke left him completely paralyzed except for his left eye. In the movie, he communicates with his speech therapist through partner assisted scanning. He talks about what it's like being trapped in his body, his thoughts, his imagination, etc. He ends up writing a book through blinking his left eyelid about his life. The film adaptation is amazing, and I highly recommend it. It's a beautiful film.

Away We Go - I love this movie. It's a romantic comedy about a couple who are looking for the right place to raise their first child. They travel to all sorts of places around the U.S., and stumble upon very interesting lifestyles. It's a funny, charming, and unique romantic comedy that is enjoyable no matter what kinds of movies you like.

The Fall - A fascinating film about a hospitalized stuntman telling a story to a little girl. The film is really artistic and I think it's one of the most underrated films out there. If you're looking for a good movie that's uncommon, look no more. This movie will amaze you.

Your choices sound very artistic and profound. Entertainment value on the face looks nill but not all movies are designed that way, and a good thing too. Out of the three Away We Go sound pleasant. I do not doubt the other two are exquisite, I just have to watch them with a comedy chaser afterwards.

Fantastic movies everyone should watch:

3. Son of the Mask - A pretty serious movie, and is great for people that like their mind blown with drama.

2. Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 - Broke the box office back in the day. More profits than the Avengers.

1. Troll 2 - Nominated for thousands of awards.

Troll_Face.png

Okay, here are, essentially, my top three favorite movies at the moment:

1. Battle Royale- The best way I can describe this is as the "Japanese Hunger Games". Only it isn't...it's a whole lot better, in my opinion.

2. Kung Pow: Enter the Fist- This is an amazingly hilarious spoof on Kung Fu movies. It's definitely underrated and I think everyone should watch it. By the way, you'll never make it. Weu weu weu weu. 

3. Clerks- This definitely has to be my favorite Kevin Smith movie. The best thing about it is the incredibly witty and humorous dialogue. I definitely recommend it. 

Battle Royale does sound better than the frivolous Hunger Games. Kung Pow looks fun. Hope it isn't lame. Clerks I have ready to go, just have to watch it. If it is anything like the following release Mall Rats then it's gunna be a treat.

So, thanks to all of you, here is my first batch list that I hope to watch in the next week:

Cinema Paradiso

Life is Beautiful

Fresh

Harry Brown

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

L4YER CAK?

Kung Fu Hustle

Weeeee

• Brohoof 4

These ones aren't really unknown but they're not really super popular either.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - A lot of people hated this movie since it didn't follow the book for every little detail. But I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought I wouldn't like it; simply because I'm not a fan of action movies, but I still enjoyed it. The effects and acting are rather great as well.

Silent Hill - A lot and I mean, A LOT of people hated this movie because it wasn't like the actual games. But, I thought it was average, the effects were okay, the acting was average, and the story is okay.

Silent Hill Revelations - Again, a lot of people hated this as well (the sequel). It connected the two movies, so I thought that was interesting. The acting is cringe-worthy at certain points but the effects and story were okay. I saw it in 3D and I thought it was average.

Thir13en Ghosts - I personally thought this movie was average; I'm not sure what, but something is stopping me from hating this movie. I like the monsters' designs the most, personally. I thought it was average, though.

So, I thought these movies were average, but I still like them a little bit for different reasons.

• Brohoof 1