Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Song in EG?

Adente

My two favorites were "fix it up" and "Help Twilight win the crown" they really did an awesome job with the music plus I loved the part in Twilight win the crown where the mane 5 did the synchronized dancing :D

Helping twilight win the crown is the best. Can't post a link unfortunately, my connection is too bad for high-tech stuff like that right now! :D But that song was gr-r-r-r-reat! I was a really big fan of the whole movie. It was WAY over my expectations.

The CMC's song.

I'm the one who wrote "Funniest thing I've ever seen" on their YouTube page. I really believe they have a future in comedy.

(Seriously though, Helping Twilight Win the Crown and the opening credits were my favorites.)

I actually thought 'Helping Twilight Win the Crown' was the only great song in the whole movie. Not that the other songs were bad, they just didn't stand out too much. That could be because Helping Twilight Win the Crown simply out-shown them all.

Exacty what Sir. Flutter Hooves said. I've downloaded at least three remixes of 'Helping Twilight Win the Crown' and the theme song remix. This is some of Daniel Ingram's finest work. :D

Helping Twilight Win the Crown and the opening were definitely above the rest. And, is it just me, or are all the songs sounding just alike to one another? Besides the opening, the songs sound like the same background, just different words or a different tempo to me.

• 1 month later...

I really loved "Helping Twilight Win the Crown". It's really catchy, and I especially loved it after Flash started playing that guitar solo. I always find myself either whistling it, or humming it.

Edited by Prototype

I think that everyone just fully agrees that Helping Twilight Win the Crown is the best song in Equestria Girls, for good reason too: It's really catchy, has a lot of fan service (Derpy and DJ pon-3's eyes) and is just overall a great song. Daniel did great on this one and shows he's not running out of ideas. Here's to another season of great music :D

And 1st prize goes to "helping twilight win the crown" single best song in the whole movie and far, FAR better than ANY song in the MLP series.

Like everyone else here, I'm going to make the totally unoriginal statement that "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" is definitely the best song in the entire movie.

Watched the movie like a month and I still can't get that song out of my head. It's just so catchy. But I don't mind, because I just love the ring to it. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Like a lot of other people, I've got to say "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" is the best song in the movie. However, I also like the remix to the intro. The other songs were okay, but they weren't as memorable as the ones I listed.

Unlike some, I have a huge conflict on the best song. One of the songs is, you guessed it, Helping Twilight Win The Crown. The only other song I thought gave Helping Twilight Win The Crown a run for its money was the remix of the title song at the beginning.

'A Friend for Life' is my favorite. I think i listened to 10 different theater recordings of it and was finally satisfied when someone shared the full song. It's very cheerful, really picks me up when I got a soured mood and just elicits pleasant memories.

I liked the opening remix almost as much and I'm dying to think someone who has the skill and instruments might copy the style and form for the remix and perform the  leaked full 2 minute song in that style.

'This is Our Big Night' would be improved imo if someone could fuse the song and its reprise into a longer one.

Helping Twilight Win The Crown for the win! I rate it as best song ever as a matter of fact! :3 It's catchy, fun, awesome, and the lyrics are totally 20% cooler than a lot of stuff out there. xD

Everypony seems to agree that "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" is the best song.  Is that the song they sing in the cafeteria?  That one was my favourite.  xP

On a somewhat unrelated note: during that scene I realized that Canterlot High has the same school colours as the high school I went to, and I found myself sort of wishing that our school had had a pony or pretty much any kind of mammal as a mascot, because wearing the ears and tails in our school colours would have been fun.  Instead, our mascot was a freaking wasp.  Antennae and stingers just aren't as cool to wear as pony ears and tails, in my opinion.  -le sigh-