Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Song in EG?

Adente

Alright, so I saw Equestria Girls. It wasn't as bad as I expected per sea, but the movie was, especially the ending and the characters of Flash and Sunset, a bit of a misfire. I expected it to surprise me and break the mold of the trite high school fish out of water story. It didn't, but one thing that did surprise me was the songs. They were quite catchy, upbeat, and fun to listen to. My favorite was "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" I just couldn't help but stomp and clap along to the beat of that song, it was just too catchy! So, if you guys liked the songs, which one did you like most? 

• Brohoof 10

(edited)

The best song, no matter what anypony says is the "Helping Twilight save her crown song." Simply perfect! Great  original voice acting, and so catchy it will be in your head for days on end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-TQy-G2l_8

Second is the dubstep opening of the original themesong. Love the techno style of the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NuWANCUrkw

Daniel ingram did great in this movie! Hope to see much more of him in the upcoming season.

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 20

The cafeteria one. Helping Twilight Win the Crown, or whatever you're supposed to call it. The other ones were pretty forgettable for the most part, but that one was insanely catchy.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Love them all, but like the people above, I gotta go with "Helping Twilight Win the Crown." It's super catchy, and I loved the scenes that went with it. Oh yeah, EQ Girls Rainbow Dash was really cute when she was singing and dancing in the cafeteria. tongue.png

Edited by fimdash
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I think there should have been more musical number in EqG. But yeah "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" is stuck in my head the most.  While I think they could have drawn out the character development, and the conflict, and resolution felt rushed. But I realize that I'm not the target audience in this venture. I liked Flash, especially Twilight's face when the other were teasing her about her "crush on the new guy". Sunset would have made a great continuing villain if she had returned to Ponyville. Maybe Celestia will let her return when the portal opens up in another 30 moons, now that she's reformed. 

As far as the music goes, the one that is stuck in my head is "Helping Twilight Win the Crown". The others really didn't stick with me that much. I think the main reason is because you see all the other background ponies (including Derpy), and in a way its how the Mane 6 help repair the damage that Sunset Shimmer did within the school. But if a soundtrack was to be released, I would buy it, not just a single track. And I hope and pray that they come out with the theme song remix. That was so awesome!

Edited by Cal Stonehoof
  • Brohoof 2

"Helping Twilight Win The Crown" is my personal favorite, and it's the catchiest out of all the songs. The rest of them are forgettable in comparison.

• Brohoof 3

'Helping Twilight Win the Crown' was by far the best song in the movie. Ever since I heard it in the trailer, I knew that it would be good. It's been stuck in my head for weeks now. xD

• Brohoof 1

I really don't think it needs saying, everyone seems to be agreeing on the same song, but hey ill throw in another vote for helping twilight win the crown. I really love the scene as well ,its so good ^.^

I too find "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" to be the best song in EQG. The others were just alright  - not bad, but the fact that they aren't staying in my head means they weren't great either.

• Brohoof 1

I hated every single song in this movie. "A strange new world" was decent but after that they all felt the same. One of the things I love about Friendship is Magic's songs, variety, was not present in this movie. So much for the songs being "Off the hook"

The best song by far in my opinion was "Help Twilight win the crown" It was extremely catchy. And had an amazing scene too.

!!!***SPOILER***!!! While I was in the theater the guy behind me pointed out that Derpy walked by on the bottom hand right.  RIght then it was my favourite song. 

(edited)

Twilight win her crown" is the best song from the movie.  It is just so friggen catchy.  It was stuck in my head a few days after seeing it.

Edited by Dusty Soul

I thought all the songs (Strange World, Helping Twilight Win The Crown, This is Our Big Night Parts 1 & 2, A Friend for Life) were top notch compared to the ones in the show. Either that or I can remember them all.  The intro theme was awesome too.  I think it could have been because all VAs were singing in them and also Twi's singing VA was great in Strange World.

Well I guess I better be like everybody else and say "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" was by far the best song from Equestria Girls. Also liked that remix of the MLP intro they did at the beginning.

I would have to agree that the "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" Song was the best. A lot of the other songs were fun too, but the former was one of those songs like "Winter Wrap-Up" and "A True, True Friend", one of those ones that you listen to over and over again because they are just so catchy.

My Favorite song was during the end credits, the title was "A Friend for Life" I thought that was the best song, but to be honest they were all amazing songs and I have all of them On my iTunes already. I can't wait till better audio versions get released, but for now I will have to settle with the good to average quality I have now.

(edited)

My ranking of the EqG songs

1. Win the Crown ("Helping Twilight Win the Crown" is a title I'm not too fond of. It just seems odd to me.)

This song is insanely catchy and I really like it. It is just a fun song and I love the scene that plays during this song in the movies. I love all the moves, expressions, and the lyrics. Speaking of the lyrics, it is nearly impossible not to sing along.

2. Strange New World

I like this song for a few reasons. First off, it is just a really good song. Second, it does a good job of expressing how Twilight is feeling about her situation.

3. Fix it Up

This song is really nice, but it isn't as catchy as the others. However, I like the feeling the song gives off and the movie scene during the song is really nice and makes you smile. It has nice funny moments, and really sweet moments. 

4. MLP:FiM Main Theme EqG Remix

I wasn't too sure about this song during some points, but overall; it is a really good song and sets the mood for Equestria Girls very nicely.

5. This is a Big Night

Well, I would like this song more if it wasn't so repetitive. It has nice instrumentals and has a nice feeling for it, but it is just so repetitive. Don't get me wrong; I still liked it.

Overall, I liked all the songs, but "Win the Crown" was my favorite song in the film.

Edited by Blue Moon

Win the Crown is the best by far. High energy, catchy tune, the dance moves remind of something out of a very good anime dance scene (Lucky Star and Haruhi are good examples). You just want to get up and dance with them as silly as that sounds. It perfectly demonstrates the ideals of school spirit in a fun, engaging way.