gaming Which console/consoles will you own this generation?

Forlong

32 users have voted

1. 1. Which of these consoles do you plan to get or already have?

• Wii U
    • PS4
    • Xbox One
    • 3DS
    • Vita

I'm just curious how things are going to be after Xbox fans flee to the competition.  I already have a 3DS and I'm working on getting a Vita.  I'm going to ask for a Wii U for Christmas and plan to get the PS4 at some point, when it has enough games that interest me out for it.  The Xbox One isn't even on my radar

I've never been loyal to consoles so I'm not really jumping ship on Microsoft so much as I just don't care. At the very least I'll keep an eye on it now that they've taken out most of the crap I didn't want like the online checks. I have like two games that aren't even remotely important for me to have on the Xbone: Crimson Dragon and Quantum Break. Until they get games I might actually want that I can't get elsewhere then they don't get my money.

I have a 3DS already and I plan to get a Wii-U because purely based on this year's E3 it's the only console that had good games on it except for Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV which will sell a PS4 for me by themselves. Super must have games.

So far from what I've seen Wii-U is the winner as far as games go next gen but we'll see how things play out after all of the consoles have been out for a year.

(edited)

If my wishes come true, I will be getting a 3DS for my birthday tomorrow laugh.png My friend has one and it's incredibrilliant. There are already some fantastic games out for it, like the new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, the new Mario & Luigi, and upcoming are the new Smash Bros., Pokémon X & Y, and new Phoenix Wright games. Once I get my hands on it, every other console can have its wars for all I care - I'll be merrily playing my Super Mario 3D Land and Pokémon without a care for any of them. smile.png

I'll still be loyal to the PC, of course. I resolutely play that. But not even the PC can come with the charm of Nintendo and their innovative underrated handhelds.

Edited by Flipturn Amaterasu ツ

I'll most likely be getting a PS4. I'm trying to get a 3DS as well, literally only for the new Pokémon game as there's nothing else that really interests me. I'd like to get an Xbox One at some point, but that depends on whether or not I can afford it. Not really planning on getting a Wii, although I'd really like to try the new Smash Bros, because three consoles is a little much for me.

Not even bothering with anything PC-related as my PC isn't good for gaming.

sweetiegonnasweet2_zpsa8fd5d14.png

I'm glad I have a 3DS so I can get Shin Megami Tensei IV and Soul Hackers. I want a Vita eventually but it's probably the last on my priority list cuz aside from a few RPGs coming like Hyperdimension Neptunia I don't have an overall interest in the console. 3DS is where it's at.

I might get a PS4 later on but I think I'll be sticking with my PC as my main gaming system. 

There's a few games I want to play on the PS4 though like killzone and Gran Turisomo 6 :)

pone_3.jpg

Signature by me avatar by Azura.

(edited)

I'll be getting a PS4. It's not that I'm a fanboy. I believe that the PS4, Wii U, and XBox 180 have different strengths. Similarly, they all have their own flaws. But while I had a PS3, I've been a hardcore trophy hunter. Heck, check out my completion rate. So I might as well get a PS4 to continue it.

http://psnprofiles.com/SpadesOfDarkness

Edited by SpadesOfDarkness

I am definately getting a 3ds for pokemon X and Y, and I'm gonna get a Wii U aswell probaly for some games on that.

As for Ps4, my brother may be getting one i'm not sure. As long as I can play what I want on it that shouldn't matter. Only thing so far I've seen that I'm thinking will be on the new gen consoles I want to play is battlefront, which will probaly be a PS4 and Xbox one thing, other then that I don't know of anything else I want to play out of those consoles yet.

Plus if my brother gets a PS4 and it has all the games I want on it, then I don't even need to bother buying an Xbox one.

Most of the systems I get I end up getting for their library :P.

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

Wii U and 3DS(Have both). I've always loved the big Nintendo IPs, and Smash might just my favorite series, period.

And I don't have the money to spend on any more consoles- I'm going to be studying in another city by spring, and saving up for just the games might be tough, but additional consoles? Nuh uh.

"The meaning of life? Humans create their own meaning. They always strive onwards, upwards, to break the limits of their knowledge, the limits of their bodies capacities, and the limits of their technology.
We have to take the good with the bad. We created the nuclear bomb, but we also created penicillin."

Max Lundgren, Author, 1981         (Translated from Swedish)

I'm a long-lasting loyal Nintendo fan, so Wii U and 3DS will always be in my house. (That is, until a tornado wipes everything I own off of my property... *Knocks on wood*)

I might get a PS4 at some point in the future, but I'm not too interested in it, honestly. There are some pretty epic-looking first party titles, but I'd honestly be happy with just Nintendo consoles. Nintendo knows how to make me happy more than any other company.

And let's face it, at this point, Xbox One is a joke.

PeaceLoveMusic_zps9f284840.png

Rabbit-Kin                                                                 ~Paris' Waifu

To be honest if I can I'll just let this generation pass and wait for the next one.. Since I don't feel the need, since they aren't that much more powerful. Might think about a PS4 or maybe just build a gaming PC or something.. I don't know, if anything then the PS4 but I doubt I will.

At the moment I'm just not interested in using my money on a console, I'd rather buy some carbon fiber spoilers or something. Carbon fiber is expensive but consoles are getting expensive too. I just don't see the point unless they have improved it a lot, back when the PS3 came out the improvements were awesome but now.. I don't know if there is enough difference I haven't even checked the new consoles out. I'd rather use that money on a carbon fiber spoiler though, because they are awesome.

What sorcery do you speak of? Console's? Pfft I belong to the ​glorious   *coughegotisticalcough* PC master race with our superior graphics and our expensive part's.

In actuality I have a 3DS and a wii U, I've been an avid fan of nintendo since the game cube, My first system was actually the GBA.

Console wise i consider microsoft to have dug their own grave and then poured gasoline in lit the the gasoline and then jumped in.

As for sony, Ehhhh I might get the PS4 but that's a big might.

unicorn.png

In training

I did have a Vita but I recently sold it to get a 3DS XL, so I have that now. In terms of consoles......Well, if I can afford it, the PS4 is a must. If it turns out to not be garbage and when the price drops, I may get a One waaaaaaaay down the line. The Wii U just does not interest me at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I'll hopefully be getting the PS4. Getting pretty hyped after I heard The Elder Scrolls: Online, and Diablo III were coming out for it.

I plan on getting a 3DS and Wii U in the future, Smash Bros and X are my most wanted games at the moment. I'm also thinking about the PS4, I've always liked some of Sony's IPs

As for the Xbox, It'll take a while, I'm gonna wait a few years to see where it goes

I already owned a 3DS but traded it in because at the time there was nothing out for the system. I will be picking up a 3DS XL in a while though.

I used my 3DS trade-in in order to get a WiiU. I really like that system a lot and the massive list of independent games is what is really exciting me for the system. I am looking forward to Smash (I love Mega Man) and Bayonetta 2.

I will get a PS4. I love the infamous franchise and Ed Boon has already said that MK10 will be on next-gen systems, not the Ps3 or 360.

However, while I am quick to buy Ninty products, I won't buy a PS4 until I get more games. Either Indie or phsyical. Infamous 2nd Son looks DELICOUS, but I want to see more games. I am not huge on AAA titles unless they are mind-blowing. I prefer more creative games even if they are below "perfection".

aNSgamg.png

Just what is a Nega Brony? Click the Sig to find out!

Want to join the movement? Add Nega-Brony to your sig or profile to

show support for the MLP Villains!

I MIGHT get a PS4, otherwise, no 8th gen. Nintendo makes its terrible console worse, Microsoft makes a console for non-gamers (lol) 

But PC is master race this gen.

Out of curiousity, just for the sake of discussion :D, have you tried the Wii U yet or are you just going off from things you've read?

aNSgamg.png

(edited)

Out of curiousity, just for the sake of discussion biggrin.png, have you tried the Wii U yet or are you just going off from things you've read?

Im going off of what Ive heard from Nintendo at E3 as well as the Wii. I don't like when they combine motion and something that doesn't go with it, video games in particular.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

58fcd718b2e1f_NerdyLuigisSigII.2.png.fbb45443c27c58836244b7fd6f28b2f6.png

I need to get a PS4 for Kingdom hearts 3, and I need a 3ds for Pokémon X and Y. I'm going to sell my Xbox 360 to try to make some quick cash to help me afford these.

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

Im going off of what Ive heard from Nintendo at E3 as well as the Wii. I don't like when they combine motion and something that doesn't go with it, video games in particular.

Motion was a touchy subject, from what I have seen, with gamers. There are some good games that ended up working beautifully with the motion. Manhunt 2 was one of them. Actually having to act out each and every murder was rather sick and made you feel a bit dirty. I just wish the game's storyline was better.

However, I would recommend giving the Wii U a chance hands-on. The controller is very comfortable to hold but one of the biggest things that I personally was surprised with was the MiiVerse. While there are useless posts, there are still those that can start fun conversations. Being able to post (most) screenshots is also really entertaining.

And if you are a fan of indie games, there are going to be about 40 games coming out during the last half of this year and the start of next - most looking absolutely amazing. Ninty adopted a STEAM approach where devs can set their own prices and sales.

If you do give the system a shot (I also recommend actually playing something before writing it off), I recommend Sonic Racing, Lego Cities and zombieU. ^_^

aNSgamg.png

None if I can help it!

PC-master race here.

Only console I have left is gamecube which I have stored because I just can't throw such a cute thing away.

PC_Gaming_Master_Race_by_Claidheam_Righ.

Wow, no votes for the Xbox One.  Not unexpected, but still sad.  One...is the loneliest console of all!  The Wii U...isn't as lonely as One!

Got a Vita after selling my 3DS; not selling it anytime soon, especially since I'll be getting a PS4 for Christmas and having the ability to stream PS4 games to it :)

Not getting an Xbox One. I've simply never seen the appeal in any of the Xbox consoles, and Wii U is an obvious no, too.

Definitely anticipate an upgrade to Wii-U within the next couple of years or so.

Torn between either PS4 or Xbox One, though (should be noted that my father is an Xbox support technician, so that will most likely influence my decision). Regardless of which, KINGDOM HEARTS III!!!