Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad A Canterlot Wedding-The Alternate Ending

Wardaddy

Ok, that was the canon universe, where Twilight was a little more forgiving than what I can allow for. However, this is my universe. Chrysalis and her Changelings posed a grave threat to the life of Equestria and its ponies, and thus Twilight had to destroy them. After all, love is what helps Equestria to thrive. Without it, the place would become practically dead. Therefore I felt that Chrysalis had to die. If Twilight hadn't eliminated her, she would've harvested all of Equestria, leaving it an empty, lifeless shell of misery. You would do the same in my position. 

Uh, in your position, I wouldn't have turned Twilight into Judge Dredd to begin with

You know what Evil dragon Master I strongly recommend  that we just give the hell up! this area is for them people that are convinced that Twilight is the Only pony capable of saving the day! and anything done to Twilight is wrong she should just be followed without question no matter how insane she sounds or what wrong she may have done. and O my god a time out that is the worst possible thing anyone could ever do to anyone!

all bow down and worship the all mighty Twilight Sparkle Soul savior of everything!

• Brohoof 2

You know what Evil dragon Master I strongly recommend  that we just give the hell up! this area is for them people that are convinced that Twilight is the Only pony capable of saving the day! and anything done to Twilight is wrong she should just be followed without question no matter how insane she sounds or what wrong she may have done. and O my god a time out that is the worst possible thing anyone could ever do to anyone!

all bow down and worship the all mighty Twilight Sparkle Soul savior of everything!

Before you go, Noodles, please remember that I agree with the point you're making. The way Twilight went about bringing the matter of Cadance being evil was in no way proper, and that it was right that she took the blame initially. I just feel that the way Shining Armor, the Mane 5 and Celestia reacted was too hard on her, and what also rattled my nerves was how none of them even thought about it in the aftermath. And considering the fact that they're Twilight's inner circle, the way they reacted was very unbecoming, especially as Captain of the Guard and as a Princess. 

But please understand, in no way do I condone Twilight's actions either. I just feel that she was tossed aside like a piece of dirt, without the slightest bit of consideration taken to her claim. And yes, I am aware that Twilight's claim could have easily been dismissed as stress, what with all the wedding preparations and everything. 

Ugh, having to please both sides of the argument is wrecking my head. All I wanted was to vindicate Twilight and to help the doubters understand her actions were forced by Chrysalis mind-controlling her brother and her friends not believing her (even though they had learned to take her concerns seriously  >_>), but if you refuse to accept that, then so be it. There are plenty of other people I can convince of the truth. And that truth is that the Infamous Seven is responsible for nearly causing the fall of Equestria! (As well as being responsible for casting aside the one pony who could've blown Chrysalis's cover wide open, who was also their beloved sister, friend and most faithful student)

Now, Evil Dragon Master and Noodles, because you refuse to accept the truth, I am going to have to ask you to leave this fanfic, and to never come back. The same goes for anypony that still believes Twilight deserved to get treated like a criminal. Anypony that continues to justify the actions of the Infamous Seven is not welcome on my fanfic.

• Brohoof 1

Hello, there. Sorry, I know that you don't know me, I'm new. I just wanted to say that I have been following this story since I first learned about it while surfing around for others like it, and I have really begun to enjoy it. I didn't at first, though, because of the fallout between Twilight and the 'Infamous Seven', though I do understand that it was necessary at the time. I do, however, understand, also, that you wanted to vindicate Twilight and call out the others on their behavior. I always thought that there should have been a THIRD ACW episode that would have served to help the characters deal with these issues themselves; call outs, upset, depression, REAL forgiveness, reconciliation, etc. So I want you to know that, at least, I think that your story is doing just fine so far.

Also, I do agree with the idea that Chrysalis had to be destroyed, since she is probably also undead and can't really be killed, but still, she did still pose a major danger, not just to Canterlot, but ALL of Equestria, and who knows how far she would have gone to achieve her goal had Twilight not done it. I do also like the fact that, despite how the story started, she and her mentor, friends, and even brother seem now to be on the road to recovery between them. Twilight does NOT deserve to be treated like a criminal; two wrongs don't make a right. I fully agree.

Lastly, I was a bit surprised in how the guards told Luna that the 'Infamous Seven' are going to have to answer the nobility now, even though I am hoping that the matter can be resolved peacefully in a way. Same goes for Shining Armor and Cadence, because, despite how she felt in earlier chapters, I would very much like to see this story end in the vein of ACW part2, if that is at all possible, though of course, we'll probably have to wait and see, but that's okay.

Anyway, love the story, keep up the good work, and don't worry, NO FLAMES from me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lukestarr451, on 26 May 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Hello, there. Sorry, I know that you don't know me, I'm new. I just wanted to say that I have been following this story since I first learned about it while surfing around for others like it, and I have really begun to enjoy it. I didn't at first, though, because of the fallout between Twilight and the 'Infamous Seven', though I do understand that it was necessary at the time. I do, however, understand, also, that you wanted to vindicate Twilight and call out the others on their behavior. I always thought that there should have been a THIRD ACW episode that would have served to help the characters deal with these issues themselves; call outs, upset, depression, REAL forgiveness, reconciliation, etc. So I want you to know that, at least, I think that your story is doing just fine so far.

Also, I do agree with the idea that Chrysalis had to be destroyed, since she is probably also undead and can't really be killed, but still, she did still pose a major danger, not just to Canterlot, but ALL of Equestria, and who knows how far she would have gone to achieve her goal had Twilight not done it. I do also like the fact that, despite how the story started, she and her mentor, friends, and even brother seem now to be on the road to recovery between them. Twilight does NOT deserve to be treated like a criminal; two wrongs don't make a right. I fully agree.

Lastly, I was a bit surprised in how the guards told Luna that the 'Infamous Seven' are going to have to answer the nobility now, even though I am hoping that the matter can be resolved peacefully in a way. Same goes for Shining Armor and Cadence, because, despite how she felt in earlier chapters, I would very much like to see this story end in the vein of ACW part2, if that is at all possible, though of course, we'll probably have to wait and see, but that's okay.

Anyway, love the story, keep up the good work, and don't worry, NO FLAMES from me.

Thank you so much for this. I was beginning to have doubts about my defending Twilight, considering the pressure put on me by Noodles and Evil Dragon Master, who both remain steadfast with their argument that my defense of Twilight is childish and wrong, based on her actions. But once more God has thrown me a lifeline in the form of your feedback, which has given me the drive to continue this story once more. I completely understand where the aforementioned users are coming from and I totally agree; Twilight's actions were just as despicable, but the way the Infamous Seven reacted is just shameful. The show is labelled as "Friendship is Magic" after all, and what the Seven did to Twilight was like spitting in the face of that mantra. Clearly the Mane 5 had learned nothing from the Lesson Zero episode, Celestia apparently forgets that she told the entire Mane 6 that very same lesson and Shining Armor? Well, you'd expect a brother to be a bit less harsh, although he was under mind control so I don't know, tbh. I mean, even Celestia doesn't know Twilight well enough that she would never lie about something, and in case Shining Armor missed it (which he did) Twilight acted that way because she cared about the wedding (considering it was a wedding between her favourite foalsitter and her BBBFF, a wedding she wholeheartedly supported) and because she feared he was in danger!

If only Chrysalis hadn't pulled that Wounded Gazelle.........anyway, thank you so much for this. It was just what I needed given my current predicament.

As for the Seven having to answer to the Canterlot Court, well that was a take from another ACW fanfic floating around the interwebz that I read. Twilight may have been able to forgive her brother, friends and mentor while admitting she was wrong in the process, but the nobility sure as hay haven't been able to. They're furious at Celestia for being unable to stave off the second Changeling attack, in the process endangering the populace to certain death. So now the Seven will have to answer to the court, and as for me, I've got a great opening script for the judge to deal upon the group, making them truly understand the level of responsibility they carried on their shoulders, and making them fully regret the blatant disregard they showed to not just Twilight, but the whole of Canterlot by extension. Trust me lad, this next chapter is going to be a stinger.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz
  • Brohoof 1

No problem. I've seen these sorts of things happen to other fanfic authors before. It may not be much, but all I can say about those guys is; Don't let them get to you; do what you feel you need to do in your stories for the reasons you feel. And if that's not good to those jerkheads, well, that's THEIR problem!

In any case, I still am hoping that after the matter with Cadence is resolved, then the court can be cleared up on a good note as well; I would still be looking forward to the wedding happening after all.

'Keep Calm and Fanfic On!'

• Brohoof 1

No problem. I've seen these sorts of things happen to other fanfic authors before. It may not be much, but all I can say about those guys is; Don't let them get to you; do what you feel you need to do in your stories for the reasons you feel. And if that's not good to those jerkheads, well, that's THEIR problem!

In any case, I still am hoping that after the matter with Cadence is resolved, then the court can be cleared up on a good note as well; I would still be looking forward to the wedding happening after all.

'Keep Calm and Fanfic On!'

Truer words never spoken, new friend. You are a real "Canterlot Wedding Alternative Ending" scout! Welcome to the club!

Tch, implying we're doing this for shits and giggles. I simply believe that Twilight as Judge Dredd is morally reprehensible and she should suffer the appropriate consequences for it

Tch, implying we're doing this for shits and giggles. I simply believe that Twilight as Judge Dredd is morally reprehensible and she should suffer the appropriate consequences for it

Believe what you may think but still, the actions of those who discarded her are still fallible and I don't know if you got your thick head through one of the recent chapters that Twilight ADMITTED SHE WAS WRONG IN HER METHODS TOO! I don't know how you missed that but honestly, you're just being a douche saying that Twilight deserves to be punished for her actions. If she hadn't survived what Chrysalis had thrown at her, could you even picture what could've possibly happened to Equestria if Twilight and the REAL CADENCE hadn't been there to stop her?

Besides, who cares what you think? If you haven't read the WHOLE STORY, GET THE BIGGER PICTURE IN THE STORY AND SEE THE SITUATION BEFORE YOU WHEN YOU JUSTIFY THE INFAMOUS SEVEN, then what's the point of your opinion to justify the actions of those who BETRAYED TWILIGHT AND SIDED WITH THE ENEMY? Therefore, your argument is now INVALID, case closed.

If you just can't accept the fact that the Infamous Seven and Twilight were ALL AT FAULT, I suggest that you keep your short-sighted opinions to yourself, simple.

Believe what you may think but still, the actions of those who discarded her are still fallible and I don't know if you got your thick head through one of the recent chapters that Twilight ADMITTED SHE WAS WRONG IN HER METHODS TOO! I

But she apologized in such a way that it felt forced. It seemed like the author had backed themselves into a corner and tried to squirm their way out.

I don't know how you missed that but honestly, you're just being a douche saying that Twilight deserves to be punished for her actions. If she hadn't survived what Chrysalis had thrown at her, could you even picture what could've possibly happened to Equestria if Twilight and the REAL CADENCE hadn't been there to stop her?

Because, the story still carries the tone that the "INFAMOUS 7" should be feeling horrible. Hell, the author themselves said that they deserve to get a tyrannical treatment.

Besides, who cares what you think? If you haven't read the WHOLE STORY, GET THE BIGGER PICTURE IN THE STORY AND SEE THE SITUATION BEFORE YOU WHEN YOU JUSTIFY THE INFAMOUS SEVEN, then what's the point of your opinion to justify the actions of those who BETRAYED TWILIGHT AND SIDED WITH THE ENEMY? Therefore, your argument is now INVALID, case closed.

I don't think you understand how this works. You just shot yourself in the foot as the author has admitted to thinking that the Infamous 7 deserve far worse.

How did they betray Twilight? A one minute time out? Oooooh, scary. As for siding with the enemy, they didn't know it was the enemy

If you just can't accept the fact that the Infamous Seven and Twilight were ALL AT FAULT, I suggest that you keep your short-sighted opinions to yourself, simple

The Infamous 7 did nothing wrong in their situation. Did you expect them to blindly believe her? That'd go against some of the later lessons 

But she apologized in such a way that it felt forced. It seemed like the author had backed themselves into a corner and tried to squirm their way out.

Because, the story still carries the tone that the "INFAMOUS 7" should be feeling horrible. Hell, the author themselves said that they deserve to get a tyrannical treatment.

I don't think you understand how this works. You just shot yourself in the foot as the author has admitted to thinking that the Infamous 7 deserve far worse.

How did they betray Twilight? A one minute time out? Oooooh, scary. As for siding with the enemy, they didn't know it was the enemy

The Infamous 7 did nothing wrong in their situation. Did you expect them to blindly believe her? That'd go against some of the later lessons 

If you were in the same position as Twilight is with your own friends and family when they were fooled into Chrysalis' little hoax impersonation, would you have done anything or behaved any different? Tell me that.

If you were in the same position as Twilight is with your own friends and family when they were fooled into Chrysalis' little hoax impersonation, would you have done anything or behaved any different? Tell me that.

Would I have turned into a psycho? No, probably not. It's a time out, deal with it

(edited)

Ok lets look at this from a completely different way.

what should have the infamous 7 done differently after she accused the princess  of being evil and had her suspicions answered?

and even before that what should they have done before hand and please remember no one had the slightest clue even twilight that cadence  was not the true cadence?

Edited by Noodles

Ok lets look at this from a completely different way.

what should have the infamous 7 done differently after she accused the princess  of being evil and had her suspicions answered?

and even before that what should they have done before hand and please remember no one had the slightest clue even twilight that cadence  was not the true cadence?

I'm sorry though but didn't you remember that throughout part 1 when Twilight found out that the Cadence was an impostor in disguise since Twilight noticed that she didn't recite their rhyme from her foalhood and she and Celestia knew her for a while before she had to leave to study on the magic of friendship in Ponyville and when Cadence was probably adopted into the Canterlot Royal Family? If her suspicions would've been answered if she finally exposed Chrysalis, then her friends, brother and mentor would've realized earlier on that something was amiss really early on and set off to stop the invasion as soon as possible and thus, finding the REAL Cadence in the crystal caverns after hours of searching.

And in case you didn't know, TWILIGHT WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THROUGHOUT BEFORE THE INVASION IN PART 2 THAT SOMETHING WAS TOTALLY WRONG WITH HER FOALSITTER AND HER SUSPICIONS DAWNED ON HER UPON SEEING THE BRAINWASHING SPELL THAT THE CHANGELING QUEEN USED ON HER BROTHER! In short, no one, EXCEPT TWILIGHT LATER ON in part 1, realized that not all was right as rain with Cadence since she remembers her as one of her closest friends with her brother during her foalhood while her friends think it's who she is being a princess, one they only met for a few days and don't know anything more about. Besides, if Celestia realized the changes in her niece's behavior and green aura of her magic, she would've talked with her niece then she would've realized something off should Twilight come to her and tell her about that but she figured that her mentor is busy with the invasion threat investigation so she had to resort to find out more about the poser and call her out in the open later on since time was not on her side.

If Twilight really thought that all that she loved and cared for really put the wedding ahead of the threat of invasion before them, then she would've just lashed out at them completely and just run off to find the real Cadence or to just forget about them immediately. Even if her actions were out of the blue, she was only doing what she thought was right for Equestria while her Shining, her friends and Celestia did what they thought was right by abandoning her when she needed them most and thus lead to the wedding being a disaster the first time around and resulting in the events that transpired in the original finale and to the events in Firebolt's alternative ending fanfic.

I'm sorry if I'm being blunt and straight to the point but that's my honest opinion about what could've happened in MLP: FIM in the season 2 finale if the crew decided to extend it into a full 3-part special or a movie and make it realistic. We may have different ideas on how the finale should've gone through but there's nothing we can do but to make alternative endings of our own that depict what we're all talking about here.

(edited)

Yea I am not accusing anyone of anything just asking how you think it should have gone. and for the record it was clear that twilight thought that Cadence hand changed and no longer deserved to be married to Shining armor. she did not suspect that cadence was a fake! it was pretty clear to the audience because it was suppose to be.

Twilight did think that cadence turned evil I will totally grant you that.

the question is simply what should the infamous 7 done different. and remember her suspicions were addressed by her brother.  I personally would think it would be awesome if twilight could have talked Luna into going into fake cadence's dream and discovered the fake that way!

Edited by Noodles
  • Brohoof 1

@@TwilightDreamer,

You talked a lot but you didn't answer his question 

@ Evil Dragon Master - Well guess what, I don't care about the question Noodles asked since you two are no longer welcome in this fanfic. Case Closed.

@ Noodles - That is true but Luna didn't even have time for the wedding until much later in Part 2 since she sleeps through the day and even if she experienced what had happened and had her suspicions about Cadence being played by an impostor, she would be disappointed in her savoir from 2 years ago from the way she acted since Twilight didn't have a lot of time. There was nothing Luna could've done since she is the Princess of the Night and she's more active on her duties at night and she had put the safety Equestria and even if she did as you mentioned, it would've been the same story and Luna would have her doubts in Twilight as well and the Infamous Seven wouldn't have done anything different since, as I've said, it'll be the same story as before.

(edited)

I am fine with a fan fixing the mistakes or problems they believe a episode has, I have a deviantart group just for that purpose, but to go so far as to change the ending so completely. That instead of Cadance and Shining Armour defeat the changlings and Chrysalis... you have Twilight doing it single hoofedly. I admit I also believe Twilight did not have reason to hate her friends, her brother, and Celestia as I feel their reactions to Twilight's behavior was warranted.

Yet putting this aside, by doing what you have done you have taken out what could be called the best part of the Canterlot Wedding... that of This Day Aria with Twilight and Cadance racing to get to the wedding before it is too late. The victory was to be that of Cadance and Shining Armour not Twilight... especially by herself as that goes against the the rule that Twilight is at her strongest with her friends by herself.

If you were in the same position as Twilight is with your own friends and family when they were fooled into Chrysalis' little hoax impersonation, would you have done anything or behaved any different? Tell me that.

If I was in Twilight's position? I would have listened to my brother's explanation and considered that perhaps I had screwed up royally. I would decide that after a bit of time to cool off that I would talk to Cadance (putting aside she was a fake) and discuss what had happened, to apologize. Honestly not that different from what Twilight actually did. Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 2

EquestrianScholar beware of incoming flame!

and I have already seen any hint that the Infamous 7 acted in any way short of horrid and treacherous toward twilight sparkle will be met with fire and brimstone!

I have long ago accepted the fact that twilight's action vs the fake cadence was addressed fairly and deserved no farther punishment. My point has always been that the "wrong" the infamous 7 did was blown way out of proportion. I am even admitting that It was a bit cold! I am just saying it was not the equivalent to being traders!

even in lesson zero the lessons was take your friends fears and concerns to heart. what she was conserned about was still in reality a nothing concern. twilight caused major chaos in ponyvill over possibly having a friendship letter be a bit late. wish was proven to be a non concern. and spike being a very good spike!

the point of all this is take her concerns into account and that is not the same as belive any crazy thing I say.  twilight is known for blowing things way out of proportion and she needs to be forced back to reality every now and again. but all this is pointless really because leaving twilight alone in at the time believed to be one of the most secure places in equeriea is the same as if they sent twilight to the caverns themselves.

• Brohoof 1

EquestrianScholar beware of incoming flame!

I will face the flames if they come, as I do not fear them!

On the rest of what you said it would seem we are mostly of the same mind, though the last part I am unxertain what your meaning. Leaving Twilight alone in what is considered to be the most secure of places is like sending her into the caverns themselves? Sounds contradictory... unless that is what you intended?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

On the rest of what you said it would seem we are mostly of the same mind, though the last part I am unxertain what your meaning. Leaving Twilight alone in what is considered to be the most secure of places is like sending her into the caverns themselves? Sounds contradictory... unless that is what you intended?

what I meant was the was left alone in a place believed to be secure. and the infamous seven were not some how responsible for twilight latter being banished by Crystalis aka chees legs.

Edited by Noodles

(edited)

what I meant was the was left alone in a place believed to be secure. and the infamous seven were not some how responsible for twilight latter being banished by Crystalis aka chees legs.

True, though normally peoples complaints is that they felt Twilight's friend, brother, and teacher were 'too harsh'.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A one minute long time out is hardly harsh

I agree

What I meant though is the way everyone showed their disapproval and upset at Twilight that some fans criticize.

Myself, I say it as proper reaction. In the eyes of Twilight's friends, brother, and teacher her behavior wad cruel and uncalled for. Twilight brutally accusing and insulting the bride on the night of her wedding. Heck if my sister did what Twilight did , if I had a sister, I would be pissed.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1