Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If Each Mane 6 Pony Had Their Own Restaurant

Shanks

So I went out to dinner tonight for some barbequed ribs and I had one of my random idea and it is what kind of restaurant each mane 6 pony would have if they decided to open one.

Applejack: Without a doubt barbeque, ribs, burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, ya'll come down to Applejacks for some food ol homemade southern style barbeque and some fresh apple pie for dessert.

Rainbow Dash: Probably a pizza place, if you don't get your pizza delivered in 30 minutes or less than Rainbow Dash will turn in her daredevil license.

Pinkie Pie: An ice cream parlor/bakery that offers enough sugary delights to give a herd of elephants diabetes.

Rarity: A French restaurant that caters to the creme de la creme.

Fluttershy: Definetely vegetarian lots of Indian food as well as other assorted oriental foods and other vegetarian cuisine.

Twilight Sparkle: I imagine a place that offers food but probably focuses more on poetry readings and maybe some live music.

• Brohoof 7

If we were to use already existing restaurants and morph them a bit, I would have to say that Twilight would be the owner of a combination of Starbucks and Barnes and Noble. I'd say that would suit her perfectly :3.

Rarity: That restaurant from Ratatouille. (HOLY WOW I SPELLED IT RIGHT ON THE FIRST TRY)

Pinkie: Sugarcube corner, obvs.

Applejack: Somethin' like Jim 'N Nick's (A BBQ place).

Twilight: Something along the lines of Starbucks.

Rainbow: Burger joint.

Flutters: I'm feeling something Thai, for some reason.

• Brohoof 3

Fluttershy: Steak House

Twilight: Some type of Science restaraunt, where they mix chemicals and get food.

Applejack: BBQ

Rarity: Vegetarian Restaraunt

RD: Fast Food (get's to the table 20% cooler ;))

Pinkie: Bakery

(edited)

I'm guessing Twilight would own some type of café if you get what I'm saying. Like one that has special events in the nighttime though, like poetry readings or a performance of a band.

I could see Rainbow Dash owning a food truck instead of a restaurant, or one of those exotic food restaurants where you eat like bugs.

Edited by Toxic Widow

Isn't technically Sugar Cube Corner a restaurant? Pinkie Pie doesn't own it, but she works there, obviously. If she had her own, it would be vastly similar to it.

That is what I am picturing in my head, except with a heavy serving of ADHD that isn't at Sugarcube corner. Basically I am imaging something like a cross between that and a TGI Fridays.

Fluttershy: Steak House

LMAO, if this was opposite day that would be so perfect.

• Brohoof 4

Twilight - Likely a Coffee shop, like Starbucks

Applejack - A steakhouse, like...well Outback Steakhouse, or the Texas Roadhouse near my house

Rainbow Dash - A fast food burger joint like In-n-Out, or a pizza place, either like Domino's or like the New York Uppercrust(again, near my house)

Rarity - A Fancy restaurant, either Italian like the Olive Garden, or French(can't think of good examples)

Fluttershy - Hooters A place suited for more vegetarian eaters, like Souplantation

Pinkie Pie - Ice cream shop, like Baskin Robins

Fluttershy: Vegetarian Restaurant

Twilight: Starbucks

Applejack: Barbeque Restaurant

Rainbow Dash: Pizza

Rarity: Italian/French Restaurant

Pinkie Pie: Dessert/Ice Cream shop

Twilight Sparkle: The best coffee shop! The perfect place to go when you wish to relax in a quiet place, catch up on some reading, and enjoy a fresh cup of joe! We have newspapers, WiFi, and comfy furniture, so take out your laptop and make yourself at home! :P

Fluttershy: An all-you-can-eat soup and salad bar! The perfect place for the less carnivorous individuals to enjoy a hearty amount of tasty and nutritious food! Don't forget about our wonderful desserts! ;)

Rainbow Dash: Two words: Fast Food! Expect as much of a variety of delicious food as Rainbow Dash has colors in her mane. And you can bet your flank we deliver - and fast! B)

Rarity: Nothing less than a five-star restaurant that is simply luxurious! Don't miss out on the divine cuisine, exquisite music, and Fab-u-lous service! :D

Pinkie Pie: What else but a bakery and ice cream parlor all rolled into one? Come here for fresh, fun, and delicious baked goods, or indulge in the best ice cream packed with all of your favorite candy and toppings! Kids get a discount! :)

Applejack: Come on in for a neighborly country atmosphere and finger lick'in good home-style cookin'! We got everythin' from steaks, BBQ chicken, ribs, and a whole lot more! When you're done, check out our souvenir shop! :huh:

The places I took some inspiration from were Starbucks Coffee, Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes, *insert any fast food joint*, Mimi's Cafe, Baskin & Robbin's, and Cracker Barrel respectively.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity=Fancy frou-frou restaurant (Think of "The Gilded Truffle" from The Simpsons)

Rainbow=Fast food (If its not delivered in 20 secs, Rainbow turns in her daredevil license!)

Fluttershy=Vegetarian (Think Subway)

AJ=Hmm......I'm thinking of something along the lines of a steakhouse, with apple pie for dessert and cider for a drink

Twi=Oooh, now this is a tough one. Probably a coffee place.

Pinkie=Sugarcube Corner, obviously.

So I went out to dinner tonight for some barbequed ribs and I had one of my random idea and it is what kind of restaurant each mane 6 pony would have if they decided to open one.

Applejack: Without a doubt barbeque, ribs, burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, ya'll come down to Applejacks for some food ol homemade southern style barbeque and some fresh apple pie for dessert.

Rainbow Dash: Probably a pizza place, if you don't get your pizza delivered in 30 minutes or less than Rainbow Dash will turn in her daredevil license.

Pinkie Pie: An ice cream parlor/bakery that offers enough sugary delights to give a herd of elephants diabetes.

Rarity: A French restaurant that caters to the creme de la creme.

Fluttershy: Definetely vegetarian lots of Indian food as well as other assorted oriental foods and other vegetarian cuisine.

Twilight Sparkle: I imagine a place that offers food but probably focuses more on poetry readings and maybe some live music.

I like the Idea that pinkiepie would have a restaurant that only served desert.

It would be awesome! Ice cream as a starter followed by pancakes for the main meal and then cake + brownies for dessert :D!

I know they have suguarcube corner, but I think this would be a much more serious affair that was a proper sit down restaurant, and instead of a salt and pepper, they would have sugar and syrup on every table :D!

I mostly agree with EarthbendingProdigy. Here's what I have in mind.

Applejack: As most people said, a BBQ steakhouse seems most fitting, but to add to that, said restaurant would be on its own ranch farm. All food is homegrown and all animals are home-raised. Additionally, there is also a race course for hourses, one with obstacles and one without. It's actually very similar to an Agriturismo I went to near my hometown.

Rainbow Dash: Fast food might be appropriate for her considering her speed fascination, but I think a fusion cuisine restaurant seems more appropriate and her determination to be the best there is at what she does would encourage her to provide the best quality of everything, not just the speed delivery.

Pinkie Pie: Everyone's already stated that she'd have an ice cream parlor and bakery. To add to this, I would also include an assortment of a vast collection of chocolates and chocolate recipes confectioned in a beautiful manner, not to mention homemade. Very similar to any Lindt chocolate store but also serves as a restaurant.

Those are the only things I need to add. EP hit the nail on the head for the other three :D

• Brohoof 1

Twilight: I'm thinking of a nice, quiet cafe with some live smooth jazz playing. It should be mostly just serving coffee, tea, sandwiches, salads and 'brain-food'. 

Rainbow Dash: Fast Food restaurants or anything that relates to making/preparing the food ready for the customer. Salads and Sandwich stores like Subway might be a nice place.

Fluttershy: Vegan and Vegetarian stores, the food there will be like a paradise for people who don't eat meat and would be served with the kindest waiters/waitresses.

Pinkie Pie: Definitely a candy store. She even works there in the show at Sugarcube Corner so it's a no-brainer.

Rarity: One of those really fancy five-star restaurants where everything is perfect and the food is expensive! Only the rich ponies can afford breakfast, lunch and dinner there on a daily basis.

Applejack: In the show she has her own apple stand in Ponyville and also sells the Zap Apples which seem like a major success so I'm gonna stick with that.

(edited)

Twilight: Manesonto. A nice restaurant that uses science! Genetically modified food is 20% tastier. 

Pinkie Pie: Pinkamena's Cupcake Shop. The cupcakes are made with the best ingredients! (Usually Pegasi)

Fluttershy: Fluttershys' Shack! Here at Fluttershy's Shack we have all kinds of meat, for everypony to enjoy.

Applejack: Applejack's AppleFarm-A restaurant where every single thing is apple based. Oh yeah, if you can eat all of those effing apples, they're free!

Rarity:Fabulous!-Fabulous is a restaurant that appears posh, and rich on the outside but the basement is dirty and filled with Rarity's illegal Mexican immigrants who make the food.

Rainbow Dash: The Sonic Rainboom-This restaurant has lot's of awesome stuff. Pizza, Burgers, and Rainbows! Yes, that's right everypony! You can eat Rainbows, here at this restaurant! Rainbow Dash's second job at a certain factory makes it easy for her to obtain Rainbows to sell for consumption.

Ahh, I love Satire!  :lol: 

Look at this if you didn't get the references/puns in my post.

If anyone doesn't get Twilight's restaurant, Manesonto is a pun on Monsanto. A company that genetically mods food and stuff. People generally say they're evil. Also most of the other mane 6 I made references to The Fanfics "Rainbow Factory" and "Cupcakes". I also made references to the Pony.MOV series for the others.

Edited by ReverseFaller
  • Brohoof 2

I think maybe we are looking at Rainbow Dash's restaurant experience the wrong way, I mean yes it can be fast, but it has to be cool too right? A place similar to Buffalo Wild Wings comes to mind or Quaker Steak. Both places are reasonably fast and have an awesome factor.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Applejack: Apples, duh

Rarity: Something fancy-shmancy

Pinkie Pie: Some kind of dessert place, like an ice cream parlor or something

Twily: Twilight's restaurant would probably be book-themed.

The menu would probably look something like this:

Food:

Of Rice and Men

Lord of the Fries

HAM-let 

Drinks:

Tequila Mockingbird 

A Tale of Two Whiskeys 

Scotch-22 

Clockwork Orange Juice 

Cider House Rules

Seasoning:

The Salt in Our Stars 

The Tale of Pepper Rabbit

Then they could have eating competitions called the Hunger Games

Edited by Appetite4Democracy
  • Brohoof 4

I mostly agree with EarthbendingProdigy. Here's what I have in mind.

Applejack: As most people said, a BBQ steakhouse seems most fitting, but to add to that, said restaurant would be on its own ranch farm. All food is homegrown and all animals are home-raised. Additionally, there is also a race course for hourses, one with obstacles and one without. It's actually very similar to an Agriturismo I went to near my hometown.

Rainbow Dash: Fast food might be appropriate for her considering her speed fascination, but I think a fusion cuisine restaurant seems more appropriate and her determination to be the best there is at what she does would encourage her to provide the best quality of everything, not just the speed delivery.

Pinkie Pie: Everyone's already stated that she'd have an ice cream parlor and bakery. To add to this, I would also include an assortment of a vast collection of chocolates and chocolate recipes confectioned in a beautiful manner, not to mention homemade. Very similar to any Lindt chocolate store but also serves as a restaurant.

Those are the only things I need to add. EP hit the nail on the head for the other three :D

Yeah your post got me thinking, the other pony restaurant options are kind of obvious but Rainbow Dash has a lot of different attributes that can be translated into dining ideas.

Wouldn't all their restaurants be vegetarian?  They are ponies after all and can't eat meat.  I suppose if they were using tofu or something.

Yeah thats  true, but tofu is great. Most people who say its gross probably hasn't tried it. Then again I  like all food so maybe my input doesn't count. I can't imagine tofu wings?!?!?!

• Brohoof 1

Wouldn't all their restaurants be vegetarian?  They are ponies after all and can't eat meat.  I suppose if they were using tofu or something.

That maybe the case but I took that out of the equation because well that would seriously limit what kind of ideas could be presented. 

LMAO I love the book themed idea, I have a few things to add myself on that one.

The Adventures of toast with Huckleberry Jam

The Sandwich In The Rye

The Sandwich Of Monte Cristo

The Three Musketeers (an ice cream sundae topped with Three Musketeers candy bars)

• Brohoof 1

Dang, I'm really starting to get hungry now and I kind of want something that doesn't have a lot of meat in it either.  Subway, here I come...after 11:00.

A sub actually sounds pretty good right now, with a side of hay fries. extra crispy. Maybe some tofu instead, another healthy alternative.

(edited)

Well, I kinda went on the assumption that these are their humanized versions. Of course, it would be a lot different if it were their original forms, in which case it would be something like this:

Applejack: her restaurant would specialize in apple based meals, particularly pastries, pies and etc. Considering all the types of food she offered twilight in episode 1 and the food she offered at the gala, this seems very fitting. The description of her restaurant wouldn't change from what I previously said.

Rainbow Dash: Still into the fusion cuisine idea as even if the meals are meat-free, there's still tons of variety involved. I've also eaten at a vegetarian place that offers meals that taste almost exactly like meat for that matter.

Pinkie Pie: Sugarcube Corner. 'Nuff said.

Flutteryshy: Her specialties would definitely be in salads of every kind. This is based off the types of dishes she made for Angel on several occasions.

Rarity: As others have mentioned, she would have the fanciest dishes. Italian and French cuisine would seem to be her specialities. However, as an Italian, I have to put out the disclaimer that Italy doesn't have a great deal of vegetarian dishes but there's plenty of room for imagination.

Twilight: Can't imagine her having any culinary specialties tbh, so a coffee shop would be most fitting for her.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1