Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite american WWII weapon?

*Not Available*

What is your favorite WWII american weapon?   

39 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite WWII american weapon?

• Thompson M1A1
    • M1 Carbine
    • M3 "grease gun"
    • M1911
    • M1 Garand
    • BAR
    • .357 Magnum
    • 1919 Browning
    • Spring Field M1903A3

(edited)

I want to know what everyponys favorite WWII weapon is, it doesnt even have to be american, my favorite american weapon is the Thompson M1A1, M1911 and the browning 1919. What is yours?

Edited by USMCbrony141

Mine's the m1911. It's one of the classic American fire arms, and it was so trustworthy that it served through WWI, WWII, and a bit in Korea!

• Brohoof 1

Ahh! I love them all. I'm a total WW2 history nerd, and I gotta say there are some really cools WW2 guns out there. My favorite american gun? I gotta say the Thompson M1A1. Classic gun right there. I love using it it WW2 style games. I also like the PPsh-41. I first found out about it by playing Cod:WAW. I also always thought the Arisaka was cool. 

• Brohoof 4

Ahh! I love them all. I'm a total WW2 history nerd, and I gotta say there are some really cools WW2 guns out there. My favorite american gun? I gotta say the Thompson M1A1. Classic gun right there. I love using it it WW2 style games. I also like the PPsh-41. I first found out about it by playing Cod:WAW. I also always thought the Arisaka was cool. 

WWII history nerd? Why the hell haven't you and me talked before XD?

I do like some modern wars, WWI, WWII, Vietnam. Well, it's modern considering most of the stuck I love is the American Civil War and the Crimean War X3

lol me too, Im working on a WWII USMC airsoft loadout right now, I just need a few things and maybe i'll post it, and yea Thompson and PPSh are kick ass /) :P

Well, unfortunately, I think my favorite barely misses the WWII cut. But it's still pretty cool, so I'll post a picture: the M61 Vulcan...

img-1672732-1-2569020514_591ca1553d.jpg

Wow...

Its looks bad and mean...

I like it!But why are there a cylinder under the Vulcan?

Is that the cartridge?

I want to grab a hold of that MG!

Well, unfortunately, I think my favorite barely misses the WWII cut. But it's still pretty cool, so I'll post a picture: the M61 Vulcan...

img-1672732-1-2569020514_591ca1553d.jpg

I thought of Natascha (TF2) when I seen that,lol

as for fave gun, it'd have to be the Chicago Typewriter. It jsut looks liek an awesome weapon, especially if you've got a drum mag on it.

I Like it more for the Mafia aspect of it though...

Octavia is best member of Pony Mafia.

post-16340-0-08992300-1374383287_thumb.png

post-16340-0-76169100-1374383328_thumb.png

post-16340-0-60268200-1374383289.png

(edited)

It was a hard choice, but I'm going with the M1 Carbine. It was the closest thing to an assault rifle that the Americans had, and for that it wins my respect.

Edited by Durandal

World War II, American? I have a fondness for the Lewis Gun. It's really a WW I weapon, but America still extensively used it in WWII. I'm not sure why, but the top-mounted pan amuses me.

Mine?? M1 Garand all the way. It just looks beautiful. I'm a big fan of rifles so i'm not surprised by my answer. Has anyone ever held one?? I'd love to see one in person, and i've heard rumors that my grandpa has one stashed away somewhere in our basement. I wish I could go hunting for it.

(edited)

My favorite weapon isn't on the list.

My favorite weapon has wings.

The North American P-51D Mustang. A powerful airplane that could haul ass and kick ass. One of the best airplanes in history.

img-1673579-1-300px-Bott4.jpg

From the list? Grease Gun. ;)

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite american weapon that is used in world war two is the M1911. That pistol is just beautiful and great. Best pistol that was ever made in my opinion.

My favorite weapon isn't on the list.

My favorite weapon has wings.

The North American P-51D Mustang. A powerful airplane that could haul ass and kick ass. One of the best airplanes in history.

Absolutely. "Cadillac of the sky!" - Empire of the Sun

And I'll add this - one of the coolest fighter planes in history, which made it's mark (read: it's a legend) in WWII...

lockheed-p-38-lightning-2.jpg

Also, since German "weapons" are fair game, this one was almost a big factor...

6.jpg

(edited)

The M1 Garand, all that wood makes it look really cool, and I absolutely love that 'ding' sound when the magazine is emptied, it's so awesome.

I'd like to point out that I actually don't 'like' guns. I think they're very interesting, and I suppose I like learning about them and their historical significance, but I don't like them, well, maybe I could say I do if they aren't real, like in games or movies.

I'm made very uncomfortable by people who collect firearms or enjoy using them, it's slightly disturbing.

Edited by James

I do not have a favorite weapon. It's unfortunate that our current society requires their existence, but I accept them as a necessary part of the world until we are able to learn how to live in peace.

I understand that some people are interested in weapons. I don't think that's a bad thing, but I cannot share that interest. When I look at weapons, all I see is death, horror, and destruction. Despite that fact, I understand that a weapon is nothing more than an extremely dangerous tool, and therefore is not inherently evil - it all depends on what it is used for. I just can't wait until the day comes that we will have no more use for them.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite WWII weapon was the Atomic bomb. 'Fat man' and 'Little boy' won us the war in the Pacific and if needed we could have used it in Europe although that probably wouldn't have gone over great with a lot of people.

If that's a joke it's not very funny, and if it isn't a joke, what the hell?

Yeah, that horrifying weapon that killed thousands of innocent people in an instant and can be considered humanity's worst creation is just so great.

• Brohoof 1

If that's a joke it's not very funny, and if it isn't a joke, what the hell?

Yeah, that horrifying weapon that killed thousands of innocent people in an instant and can be considered humanity's worst creation is just so great.

I hate atomic weapons, and I'm ashamed that we ever had to use them. I feel so sorry for all of the innocent men, women, and children who were murdered by those bombs. Yet, at the same time, if we didn't use the atomic bomb on Japan, the war would have dragged on even longer, and millions more people would have died. Therefore, our country had to choose the choice that was less evil, and I feel that ending the war sooner, even if it meant having to use atomic weaponry, was the less evil choice.

• Brohoof 1

@@SCS,

Of course, the war would have lasted for months and millions of people would have died, but nuclear weaponry should never be glorified. That's completely different from glorifying a pistol or a rifle.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest the M3 grease gun was a great gun. Even til this day gangs, guerrillas, and various organizations are using this gun. it was a cheap reliable SMG. However there are some other favorites from WW2 i like. The BAR, the Browning High power and The soviet PPSH and German MP40 were great weapons of war as well.

Absolutely the M1 Garand. It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping. I don't remember where I heard that, (L.A. Noire maybe?) but I do know it's a play off some old song that was in Fallout 3 xD. 

• Brohoof 1