Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Working on a new OC, could use some opinions, feedback, ect.

Zygen

(edited)

So. Hey y'all. I've been actually thinking about making myself an OC that is a Mare, not that I really RP or anything, but just because i felt like having a Mare for my Stallion to have as a lover or wife or whatever you wanna call it, I just felt like shipping my OC by making a Mare. mkay? Roll with it :P.

Anyways, now that I'm done, um... Doing whatever I was trying to do in that first paragraph xD, i'd just like for some people to give some opinions if you can on the new OC i'm working on. I've been messing around with it for a little bit more recently, even if the ideas been floating around for a while.

So keep in mind one thing, I want my Ponysona OC(Avatar) to go well together with my OC(who has yet to be named) so I'm trying to see what works.

Also i'm just looking for opinions and feedback and stuff, however just because a suggestion is made doesn't necessarily mean I plan on changing it, I want to see what others think, and try to find out where to go from there(Because honestly messing around for a while I haven't felt I got much closer to anything.

Anyways, without further ado, heres my new OC Mare to be named(Someday :P)

Update: 8/17/13 I added in the cutie mark, and did some slight coloration changes. the cutie marks a bit small, but its hard to get big in pony creator.

Not sure if its final, just felt like having that be the cutie mark for now. Maybe i'll keep it maybe i won't.

And thats about all the changes, i still need a name, and now that shes closer to being done you can start suggestion names if you want.

Heres the ponycreator reference picture btw. 

post-7861-0-47235700-1376760434_thumb.png

Thanks for the help to anyone who helps again!

Edit: I made a thread specifically for requesting names, please check that one out if you want to help me find a name for the nameless mare!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/70559-new-mare-oc-need-some-names/

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I think she's kind of cool. Personally, I like the blue hair a bit more than the green, it contrasts a little bit nicer in my opinion. If I were to suggest something, I might try out different shades of purple and see how they look (for science of course!) Originally, the character in my avatar looked quite a bit like Trixie until I started playing a lot with the sliders and got a burst of inspiration.

As for naming, I'm kind of bad at that. Heck, my user name was spit out of an obscure random generator.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I think she's kind of cool. Personally, I like the blue hair a bit more than the green, it contrasts a little bit nicer in my opinion. If I were to suggest something, I might try out different shades of purple and see how they look (for science of course!)

As for naming, I'm kind of bad at that. Heck, my user name was spit out of an obscure random generator.

Hehe thanks, I think I kinda agree, the green one is ok I guess, but the blue and purple look better overall together.

And i'm sure i'll try different shades of puple(for science of course :D. ) aswell as maybe a few alterations to the shade I use in the mane, maybe even some mane style changes not sure. 

The hardest part I find about this whole thing is making it so I feel like my OC would look good together with this Mare. 

But I'm sure i'll do plenty of color changes, I think i did like 5 after first making the OC i have now until I've mostly settled on what I have(Maybe more, not sure really.) I'll just have to hope I get a color that looks like just the right shade.

And I'm not the best with names frankly, my username was from my head but I feel its a streak of luck seeing as I've yet to think of any others really.

I'm thinking this Mare is going to have a 1 word name probably, possibly not really having to do with her cutie mark maybe, depends what I feel like I guess.

Thanks for the feedback btw :D.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, well I think I like the blue one a bit more; it is really pretty. I also agree that freckles are a cute little touch. However, I think that freckles on the front instead of cheeks would look nicer as the freckles right now are coming in contact with the eyelashes. But the blue design is really pretty. I mean, really pretty; one of the prettiest color schemes I've seen.

For names, uh...

I got nothing.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, well I think I like the blue one a bit more; it is really pretty. I also agree that freckles are a cute little touch. However, I think that freckles on the front instead of cheeks would look nicer as the freckles right now are coming in contact with the eyelashes. But the blue design is really pretty. I mean, really pretty; one of the prettiest color schemes I've seen.

For names, uh...

I got nothing.

Ok, its looking like I'll mostlikely be using the blue one, I suppose even to me it looks a little better, but I just couldn't decide.

I'll try the freckles on the front, gotta see how it looks, but thank you for the suggestion!

And thanks :). You think the purple looks ok? I still think I'm going to change the purple to some extent I think. Just wondering your opinions on the purple since you just mentioned liking the blue :P.

And yeah, names i'll probably do later, I was just throwing it there incase someone throws something out that gives me an idea xD.

• Brohoof 1

She's pretty cool. Personally I like the blue mane color. You should keep the freckles, gives her more personality. But for a name I'll need a personality trait. Something to make her stand out. Can't go with blue freckle, that'd be obsured.

• Brohoof 2

She's pretty cool. Personally I like the blue mane color. You should keep the freckles, gives her more personality. But for a name I'll need a personality trait. Something to make her stand out. Can't go with blue freckle, that'd be obsured.

Alright, looks like the blue mane is more liked overall, might do some editing and take down the green maned one soon, dunno i'll have to see.

And yeah I like to have something extra, I feel not having something like freckles or something makes her feel idk like shes missing something.

And yeah, I think the name thing is kinda impossible anyways, I might take that portion out. I'll look into finding a name once shes more finished. 

Blue freckles would be a pretty hilarious name, but pretty bleh xD.

Thanks for the feedback btw!

Ok, its looking like I'll mostlikely be using the blue one, I suppose even to me it looks a little better, but I just couldn't decide.

I'll try the freckles on the front, gotta see how it looks, but thank you for the suggestion!

And thanks :). You think the purple looks ok? I still think I'm going to change the purple to some extent I think. Just wondering your opinions on the purple since you just mentioned liking the blue :P.

And yeah, names i'll probably do later, I was just throwing it there incase someone throws something out that gives me an idea xD.

Well, there is something you can do with the purple that may improve the color scheme. Try making it a bit paler. It's kind of dark, and plus; it may even bring out the mane color a bit more.

• Brohoof 2

Well, there is something you can do with the purple that may improve the color scheme. Try making it a bit paler. It's kind of dark, and plus; it may even bring out the mane color a bit more.

Thats what I'm thinking, gonna mess around, might work on it a little tonight, maybe edit the OP a bit, dunno, i'll have to see what happens and how much I procrastinate :P.

Maybe if I do so i'll inform you if you want idk xD.

I do think the purple is a bit to dark, gonna have to work with it, but I'm liking the mane, so I may leave it as is mostly.

• Brohoof 1

Thats what I'm thinking, gonna mess around, might work on it a little tonight, maybe edit the OP a bit, dunno, i'll have to see what happens and how much I procrastinate :P.

Maybe if I do so i'll inform you if you want idk xD.

I do think the purple is a bit to dark, gonna have to work with it, but I'm liking the mane, so I may leave it as is mostly.

Sure! If you get around to it, I would love to be informed about it. Good luck with it, and...uh...not procrastinating.

Yeah, it is a bit dark, but I like the mane as well so I also think it shouldn't be changed.

• Brohoof 2

Alright y'all! I changed the pony a bit, I put the new picture on the OP, I basically just changed the body color to a bit more palish and the freckles are on the front now. Tell me what you think!

And I think i've scraped the green mane, doesn't match as well as the blue.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like it. The colours compliment each other a lot nicer and her fur colour brings out the mane since it's a bit paler now. Overall, I think she looks rather nice!

EDIT: I wrote this at 6 AM... Late grammar check is better than no grammar check at all, I suppose.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Alright y'all! I changed the pony a bit, I put the new picture on the OP, I basically just changed the body color to a bit more palish and the freckles are on the front now. Tell me what you think!

And I think i've scraped the green mane, doesn't match as well as the blue.

Ah, now that looks much better. :)

Very nice job! But now that is a bit lighter, I see that the body is a bit big for the head. You may have been going for a "chubby" body type, but if not; it looks a bit big for a normal sized pony.

I like it. The colours compliment each other a lot nicer now and her fur colour brings out the mane since it's a bit paler now. Overall, I think she looks rather nice now.

haha thanks, glad you like it :D.

Ah, now that looks much better. :)

Very nice job! But now that is a bit lighter, I see that the body is a bit big for the head. You may have been going for a "chubby" body type, but if not; it looks a bit big for a normal sized pony.

Thanks, and hm the body is a bit big? I suppose I can try and see if I accidentally altered the pony body size or something, not sure. I'll have to go and find out when I go edit it later.

• Brohoof 2

Ok, I have edited the OP post with the new updated image of my OC in pony creator, I did some stuff like adding a darker shaded mane secondary color, and trying to fix the size issue, and i also fooled with some colors miniorly otherwise, I just got back from band camp and felt like updating this so yeah.

Tell me your thoughts, I want to do a good job with making this OC, and i'm kinda picky with how I make it :P.

Ok, I have edited the OP post with the new updated image of my OC in pony creator, I did some stuff like adding a darker shaded mane secondary color, and trying to fix the size issue, and i also fooled with some colors miniorly otherwise, I just got back from band camp and felt like updating this so yeah.

Tell me your thoughts, I want to do a good job with making this OC, and i'm kinda picky with how I make it :P.

Well, the dark part doesn't look too good in my opinion, and it would probably be best as it was before.

I understand. I was very picky with my OC's design and it took a couple of tries to get him just right.

Also, could I get the code for this OC? I want to play around with the design, and use that to help me help you.

• Brohoof 2

Well, the dark part doesn't look too good in my opinion, and it would probably be best as it was before.

I understand. I was very picky with my OC's design and it took a couple of tries to get him just right.

Also, could I get the code for this OC? I want to play around with the design, and use that to help me help you.

Alright, I understand, maybe i'll go back to having it blend a bit more, i'll have to play around with it a bit.

And yeah, i've screwed around with this one multiple times, and my ponysona OC i've messed with plenty of times.

And sure, i'll PM you it.

• Brohoof 1

well I say she perfect shes cute and beautiful the colors are a good pick other wise I dont see enything wrong

with it and if you need a name heres one moonlora

• Brohoof 2

well I say she perfect shes cute and beautiful the colors are a good pick other wise I dont see enything wrong

with it and if you need a name heres one moonlora

Thank you for the compliments :). I think i'm still going to do some tweaks and stuff however. Because well i'm just picky xD.

And I think i'll wait for her talent and come up with a name after that. Gotta come up with her talent and cutie mark eventually.

Updated my OC a slight bit again after some talking to Blue moon and him fooling around in pony creator with it, I actually kinda like what he did so i thought i'd keep it and see what y'all thought, basically he just reversed the primary and secondary mane colors, which I think looks cool, but I still wanna see if I can get other opinions and stuff, on any part of the OC really.

I'm gonna have to start thinking of a cutie mark, not sure exactly what i'll be using, I have some ideas floating around, alot of them music related, seeing as if this is going to be an OC in love with my ponysona, then I think it would be cute to have them have a music related cutie mark together, but i could do other stuff possibly to.

Just brainstorming some.

Backstory and all that will come much later, names will come after I think of a talent or cutie mark or whatever. 

Art is something I wanna do of this OC to, not that i'm that great an artist but still. I'd love to do cute art of them together, but i'm not totally sure i have the skill, so I may have to ask others when I finish with her which I'm sure I'll do xD. Since most people are much better at art then me.

Thanks for y'alls help! And especially yours Blue moon!

• Brohoof 2

Thank you for the compliments :). I think i'm still going to do some tweaks and stuff however. Because well i'm just picky xD.

And I think i'll wait for her talent and come up with a name after that. Gotta come up with her talent and cutie mark eventually.

Updated my OC a slight bit again after some talking to Blue moon and him fooling around in pony creator with it, I actually kinda like what he did so i thought i'd keep it and see what y'all thought, basically he just reversed the primary and secondary mane colors, which I think looks cool, but I still wanna see if I can get other opinions and stuff, on any part of the OC really.

I'm gonna have to start thinking of a cutie mark, not sure exactly what i'll be using, I have some ideas floating around, alot of them music related, seeing as if this is going to be an OC in love with my ponysona, then I think it would be cute to have them have a music related cutie mark together, but i could do other stuff possibly to.

Just brainstorming some.

Backstory and all that will come much later, names will come after I think of a talent or cutie mark or whatever. 

Art is something I wanna do of this OC to, not that i'm that great an artist but still. I'd love to do cute art of them together, but i'm not totally sure i have the skill, so I may have to ask others when I finish with her which I'm sure I'll do xD. Since most people are much better at art then me.

Thanks for y'alls help! And especially yours Blue moon!

If you want, I could make a cutie mark for her for you. Just let me know what you want the cutie mark to be, and I'll see what I can do. All up to you, of course.

• Brohoof 2

If you want, I could make a cutie mark for her for you. Just let me know what you want the cutie mark to be, and I'll see what I can do. All up to you, of course.

Well, I had an idea, I was thinking of making it have a music talent like my ponysona does, I was thinking of something like a flute with a music note coming out of it, or something like that, but I haven't really put any effort into making or looking up for one to be totally honest.

If you feel like taking a crack at that or anything, then feel free i'd be more then happy to see it :D.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I had an idea, I was thinking of making it have a music talent like my ponysona does, I was thinking of something like a flute with a music note coming out of it, or something like that, but I haven't really put any effort into making or looking up for one to be totally honest.

If you feel like taking a crack at that or anything, then feel free i'd be more then happy to see it :D.

Okay! :)

Any certain colors you want for it, or should it just be a normal looking flute? Either way, I'll make sure to show it to you when I finish.

• Brohoof 2

Okay! :)

Any certain colors you want for it, or should it just be a normal looking flute? Either way, I'll make sure to show it to you when I finish.

You can make it any color you want frankly, but i'd prefer a more realistic color, so I guess something silver or wood colored maybe, depends on what you think would look best.

• Brohoof 1

You can make it any color you want frankly, but i'd prefer a more realistic color, so I guess something silver or wood colored maybe, depends on what you think would look best.

Well, I have a bit of a dilemma. A flute is rather hard to make, and I can't get it to fit onto the OC's body. I also tried searching for an already made one, but that didn't work either. 

However, you said you wanted her to have a music talent, so I was wondering what you think about this. Instead of a flute talent, how about you give her a singing talent? I found this pre-made cutie mark that would work for singing, and here's what it would look like on your OC.

post-13690-0-24117500-1375677084_thumb.png

It's up to you, of course.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I have a bit of a dilemma. A flute is rather hard to make, and I can't get it to fit onto the OC's body. I also tried searching for an already made one, but that didn't work either. 

However, you said you wanted her to have a music talent, so I was wondering what you think about this. Instead of a flute talent, how about you give her a singing talent? I found this pre-made cutie mark that would work for singing, and here's what it would look like on your OC.

attachicon.gifZygen's OC CM.png

It's up to you, of course.

Hm, well I actually think it looks pretty good, and its a nice color to fit into the coat color to.

The only concern I could really have with it is the fact it may be slightly crowded, but eh idk, it looks pretty good though :), just idk, seems slightly crowed maybe, thats about my only real complaint at the moment.

Might actually use it i think :). Its better then what I could make probably xD.

Also a singing talent sounds interesting, so I could roll with that actually :).

Thanks for your help again Blue :D.

• Brohoof 1