Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst type of place you could work at

Plonkett

Worst place you could work at  

53 users have voted

1. 1. What would be the worst type of place to work at?

• Fast Food
    • Retail
    • Office
    • Warehouse
    • Construction
    • Mine
    • Steel mill
    • Meat processing plant
    • Oil Refinery
    • Oil rig
    • Shipyard
    • Container port
    • Container ship
    • Fishing ship
    • Chemical plant
    • Call center
    • Other

Retail and fast food really suck to work in, you have to deal with A LOT of entitled people.  Not everyone's bad but there's a fair amount of people treating you like you're a damned CEO even though it's probably not your fault that the store you work at has policies that ever so slightly inconvenience someone.  Like, why yell at me for the store policy that I can't bag your groceries for you?  My manager used to get really mad at me for bagging someone's groceries one too many times.  I wasn't being paid enough to deal with that BS...  I hated working in a restaurant too, maybe that's because I had a bad training session and poor management?  Like, they would constantly tell me to go faster but no one ever told me how to go faster and whenever I asked they just told me to go faster...  Not to mention, the manager would constantly take me away from my duties just to do something she wanted done which made my job even harder.  So sorry I have 0 experience in this job and terribly sorry I can't do my job as quickly as someone who's been working there for 8 years...

Also, Call centres REALLY suck, there's two different ones in town and I can say from listening to people who worked there or knew someone who worked there most of the time someone doesn't even last two months.  The places near me does customer service for a few different places so most of the time, the employee someone's insulting or yelling at has no idea how the thing works, they know certain things that help them with the job and whatever company they're doing customer service for.  It's a very stressful job and I have a lot of respect for people who can tolerate it for longer than two months.  The call centres near me also have a $800-$900 sign-up bonus because they know most people don't last there for long so they're trying to attract as many people as they can lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Mainly fast food or anything fast paced. My medications make my brain slow down so it’s extremely difficult for me to be under pressure. I’ve tried several times, it didn’t work out well AT ALL. Certain office jobs or other kinds of work are much easier for me.

4 hours ago, Methuselah said:

Really? I was considering that line of work. What's bad about it?

I guess is more of a personal thing.

But it was sooooo boring for me, I could barely stay awake through ny shifts. I was used to work the process and develop it, that when I had to work on quality control I felt things were far too easy. Guess because I like challenging jobs.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

I guess is more of a personal thing.

But it was sooooo boring for me, I could barely stay awake through ny shifts. I was used to work the process and develop it, that when I had to work on quality control I felt things were far too easy. Guess because I like challenging jobs.

Oh, I love "boring" factory/warehouse type jobs. Especially when I'm not required to talk much to people (I can't do customer work). I could stand there and be alone with my thoughts all night. :fluttershy: Well, standing all night would be a problem. I like jobs where I walk around a lot, particularly if it's in a big facility. Kind of like my current job: zero customers, spend lots of time walking, huge indoors area. :) Glad to hear you at least liked the other work.

• 1 month later...

I already know the nightmares of retail from experience. I also know fast food employees get treated horrendously as well. If we’re gonna be specific though it’s customer service. The arguments and crap people try to pull is unreal. 

• Brohoof 1

Retail is a pretty shitty thing to imagine working at, the same for meat processing. I will never work at either in my life. Retail and fast food are common jobs although they are are extremely stressful and something I would ward myself and others from doing.

• Brohoof 1

I once worked in some metal and chemical factories and I never would go back to this. Hard and dirty work, hot and stinky rooms, dangerous and loud machines, unfriendly employees, choleric bosses and shift duty. No thank you, I don't want that experiences again.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The worst lines of work you can get into are the ones that are the most dangerous.

Some of those are:

• Deep sea fisherman
  • Roofing
  • Land mine remover
  • Firefighter 

Top Trending made a video about these jobs and more

Spoiler

Some jobs being mentioned here are things people already would already decide that's what they want to do, either by being dedicated to working that job the rest of their life despite being incredibly risky. The worst jobs here are the entry level jobs like working warehouses or meat processing just because they see you as more meat for the grinder. These jobs overwork you to the bone often to the point where you can't even go to the bathroom with risking losing your job and by the time you're done with these jobs, chances are you're gonna be feeling the chronic effects of these jobs over time

• 2 months later...

Will never work at fast food. Even if I'm broke, I think I'd rather take my chances on the streets.

• Brohoof 1

I’m pretty sure I’d fail miserably working in Tech Support over the phone. I hate talking on the phone and I can barely figure out my electric can opener. And I’d hate to be a politician, lawyer, doctor or police officer. I could never stand the physical, mental, moral or emotional turmoil of any of these.