Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personal GOTY Nominations?

KonohaLegend

I've been gone for a while. Anyway, I've been playing some real intresting games lately that have come out since January. My favorite is The Last of Us. I'm sure some of you have others in mind.

So here's a question; Which games do you personally nominate for Game of the Year?

I nominate The Last of Us, God of War: Ascension and NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3. If you think about it, there isn't really a ton of choices. 

• Brohoof 1

It's hard to say. I have enjoyed every game I've played that came out this year so much.

DmC

Ni No Kuni

The Last Of Us

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Tomb Raider

And then there's Tales of Xillia coming and I've yet to get Sly 4.

Out of the ones I've listed I think DmC and Tomb Raider will have to tie while TLOU is just a liiiiiittle bit below those two.

I am an RPG guy though so I fully expect Tales of Xillia to blow away the competition, especially after Tales of Vesperia and the even better Tales of the Abyss.

Well the year isn't over and there are still ALOT of games yet to be released but I would have to say Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Origins, Watch Dogs, GTA V and Splinter Cell Blacklist could be GOTY for me. ^_^

The only 2013 game I've actually played so far is Tomb Raider, and it is spectacular. 10/10 for me, so I'd definitely nominate that. Later this year I'm keeping an eye on Splinter Cell (although I still resent the fact that Michael Ironside isn't the VA for Sam), Watch Dogs and GTA V. 

• Brohoof 1

The only games I've played that were released this year was Tomb Raider, The Last of Us and Animal Crossing: New Leaf and in my opinion, I'd have to say that The Last of Us is my Game of The Year nominee so far.

But, there's still a lot more games to come and when it comes down to those, Watch Dogs and GTA V are a close tie.

(edited)

Edit: Didn't read correctly. I guess these are my personal GOTY nominations

Released:

• The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider
  • Animal Crossing New Leaf
  • Ni No Kuni

Released later this year but I think are likely contenders:

• Grand Theft Auto V
  • Watch Dogs
  • Beyond: Two Souls
Edited by ~Spontaneous Me~

I'd nominate Bioshock Infinite. That game is quite possibly one of my favourites of this generation.

Don't get me wrong, The Last of Us was very good, but I don't know, it was lacking something for me. It seemed kind of bleh towards the end. 

As for games that aren't out yet, GTA V is definitely the strongest contender, but I'm not sure if I'll like it more than Bioshock. 
Oh, and if Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is out by the end of the year, I can see that being a strong contender too. 

Since there is a lit of time left we wont know but so far i would say "The Last of Us" but there are still many good games to drop like "Assassins Creed Black Flag" GTA V and cant forget "Battlefield 4" and "Call of Duty: Ghosts" but the winner gonna be "Robot Unicorn Attack 2"

If you are talking about this year, we're only half-way through, but here're my nominations so far.

• Tomb Raider (excellent origin story and action)
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail (excellent graphics and story. A bit short, though.)
  • Dead Space 3 (Even though it's more action packed than a horror game, it still has its good sides like weapon modification, fast enemies and co-op)
  • Brohoof 1

Not enough 3DS in here.

Fire Emblem Awakening and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate are both fantastic games. Easily my games of the year.

Of course, 3DS is the only system I keep current with :P

I'd like to say Bioshock Infinite as I thoroughly enjoyed that game but I think it could have served better as an RPG rather than a shooter. It irritated me a little that Elizabeth who despised you for killing at one moment, then began freely helping you to do so a moment later. Also the shooting in that game was nothing special.

Also Total War: Rome 2 isn't coming out until September however I know that will be one of favourite games of all time, it's looking like a great Total War game!

So far though, it has to be the PC version of Dust: An Elysian Tale. Not only was the combat fluid and the storyline interesting and entertaining but the actual PC options the game had put some AAA titles to shame. The voice acting was a little off, with some great voices and some not so great but I felt that was a minor issue compared to the sheer fun I had playing that game. 

Also the new DMC game was just ridiculously fun. The combat is just great, fluid and easy to use yet hard hitting and full of impact. I didn't end up hating the new Dante as I feared I would, in fact he progressed through the game rather well. The story wasn't bad either and the game looks great, both technically and aesthetically. 

I'm having a hard time drawing up any strong candidates for such a title.

Right now, my two favorite releases this year are Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Tomb Raider, but both of those had some glaring flaws; extremely disappointing DLC for the former, and terrible multiplayer for the latter.

I'm definitely keeping an eye out for some other titles that are releasing later this year. We're likely to see some strong candidates for GOTY in the coming months.

(edited)

I'm probably gonna give it to Killer is Dead, being a bit of a Suda 51/Grasshopper fan and all, though there's still tons of games this year I need to catch up on. And there's also Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies

Edited by Megas75