Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv which modern cartoon do you like the best?

RAGESTAR

which modern cartoon do you like the best?  

117 users have voted

1. 1. which modern cartoon do you like the best?

• Mlp Freindship is magic
    • Gravity Falls
    • Adventure Time
    • Regular Show
    • spongbob
    • Other
    • Steven Universe
    • Uncle Grandpa
    • Littlest Petshop

Friendship is Magic is one of those choices that makes me go: "Mmhmm, I really like that show." Beyond that, probably only Spongebob. I don't watch too much TV anymore and I am obsessed with MLP. That works for me. I watched an episode of Adventure Time and while it was funny at times, I just could not get into it. Regular Show is good but only in small doses.

Only modern show I can say I like is FiM. The rest do not interest me at all. I've tried watching them and none kept my interest. MLP, after giving it a second chance, managed to.

Out of that list, Gravity Falls is the only one I've never seen, and I probably won't be checking it out anytime soon. The rest, I love 'em all, but it's hard to say which one I really love the most. Certainly I adore FiM, even to the point where I've been actively collecting merch for it, but I think Spongebob comes out on top by just a smidge, if only because it has the nostalgia factor going for it.

Plus, as many smiles and chuckles as I've gotten out of FiM, Spongebob is one of the only one on this list that's gotten me to laugh my ass off. Maybe that's just a testament to how childish my sense of humor is, but that earns it props nonetheless.

Edited by Lowline Thrash

• 3 months later...

apart of MLP, the only other show I watch from time on time is adventure time. Spongebob I used to watch it previously, but these latest seasons are pitiful, so my vote is obvious. others, I watch Marvel shows more often, like Ultimate Spiderman and such, yeah, they're not of the best compared to Earth Mightiest Heroes, but it's the best right now

• Brohoof 1

MLP? It shouldn't be there xD It'll be unfair to the other cartoons.

Adventure Time for me. It basically started me off and the people who make write for the show are just as awesome.

I liked Legend of Korra for the art style though...not really the plot

Edited by HoopHoof
  • Brohoof 1

This one. 

attachicon.gifbravest-warriors.jpg

And this one.

attachicon.gifRovio_AmiYumi.jpg

and... of course this one.

attachicon.gifinvader-zim.jpg

I like MLP too.

I didn't watched IZ much, Puffy Amy Yumi a little more, but Code Lyoko, CODE FUCKING LYOKO, AND OTHER GREAT SHOWS LIKE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2003, I COULDN'T WATCH THE WHOLE SHOWS BECAUSE JETIX LA SUCKED, THEY ONLY TRANSMITTED TWO SEASONS FOR EACH SHOW, DAMNIT OH, LET'S NOT FORGET W.I.T.C.H EITHER 

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Cheese___earthselkie_by_FostersFriends.j

It has one of the best characters ever made in existence. 

Then it would be Dexter's Laboratory.

DextersLaboratoryWallpaper1024.jpg

But since they're dead now, I watch MLP. 

In my opinion, Archer and Adventure Time is also good, the former being somewhat underrated. Both of them are comedic, though Adventure Time is a bit more random.

Dan vs. is okay, though its comedy is a bit forced, and sometimes the storyline just doesn't make sense.

The Avatar series is also a good watch and I always have this excitement inside me whenever there's a new episode.

MLP? It shouldn't be there xD It'll be unfair to the other cartoons.

Adventure Time for me. It basically started me off and the people who make write for the show are just as awesome.

I liked Legend of Korra for the art style though...not really the plot

Agreed, Adventure Time is awesome. Simon and Marceline's back story is what really got me into it, and then there's just the awesome writing and songs.

• Brohoof 1

Still find it extremely ironic the person that voiced my favorite character Ben Tennyson... Voices Twilight Sparkle in MLP

And I watch it xD ^__^

eyup Tara strong probably voiced a lot of characters of your childhood such as Bubbles, Timmy Turner, Raven, and Dil Pickels to name a few examples

• Brohoof 1

As in modern MLPFIM takes the cake. The show is among the best out of the best to come out in recent years. Its on par with the great cartoons of the early 00s and late 90s. I saw a bit of Gravity Falls and it seems pretty good too. But I actually have not set aside time to watch adventure time or regular show.

Mfw people say MLP is the best modern show: 

I-dont-know-what-I-expected.gif

I think a better question would of been "Your favorite modern cartoon sans MLP?"

C'mon guys, let's get some variety in here!

My favorite modern cartoons so far are Regular Show, Wonderful World of Gumball, Lakewood Plaza Turbo, The Modifyers, and a few others. I know some of these are failed pilots, but they're not failures in my eyes sad.png

• Brohoof 1

The Legend of Korra

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (cancelled)

Tron: Uprising (canclled)

These are the best cartoon shows.

Edited by Thoix Heoro
  • Brohoof 1

This is bound to get a lot biased answers because of the conditions so in my own opinion I would remove MLP from the polls. Sure it's a great show, but the other shows don't even have a chance now.

If you were to ask me; I personally think the only shows better than MLP are Gravity Falls and Legend Of Korra. Both of which are greatly animated and wonderfully written. Especially Gravity Falls and Legend of Korra has a similar fan base that MLP does, though it's less rabid.

Honorable mentions would be Regular Show, Adventure Time and The Amazing World of Gumball as they all occasionally catch my interest though not as much as the other shows I mentioned.

Edited by Goodra

Well, aside from Friendship Is Magic, I like Regular Show the best of any of the cartoons in this poll. Adventure Time is good too but I'm not crazy about it the way some people are. Also, question: what defines a cartoon as "modern"? Made after 2005? Spongebob wouldn't qualify then; it goes back to 1999 (and hasn't been good since after the movie...)

Umm...well, for MODERN shows all I really watch is MLP........but I keep up with anime, and so far my favorite anime from 2013 is Silver Spoon....and I've been plowing through the Monogatari Second Season (I watched all previous seasons in one weekend).  I am also going through Kill La Kill now, and am really hoping for another adaptation of Madoka Magica (there are manga's that focus on other girls)....So yeah...American cartoons for the most part have gone the way of either adult humor, trying to make things fresh and new by adding modern elements (the new Looney Tunes), or follow in the footsteps of STUPID humor Spongebob Squarepants (Regular Show, Gravity Falls, Adventure time, and the list goes on).  What ever happened to good, old fashioned cartoons that aren't slap sticking you in the behind to keep your attention?