Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kids and Public Ponys

Jamesblorg39welsh

A few days ago I was at a book store and I heard a little kid (probably kindergarten to second grade) and overheard her say twilight then I heard pinkie pie I often encounter kids this age or younger getting pony stuff with there parents do you ever think of these kids as little bronys or potentially future bronys

Its always possible i guess, depends how long the brony fandom lasts.

I guess you could think of it that way, although i never see any kids talking about ponies or anyone talking about ponies for that matter.

I think its entirely possible they could become future bronies, if they get into the show and stay into the show.

Assuming bronies are around when they're older.

I don't tend to make a distinction because to me a fan is a fan, I work at a grocery store and have seen a kid wearing a pony shirt a couple of times.

It's entirely possible. Fandoms with a lot of adult fans such as G.I. Joe, Transformers, Pokémon, and even the original G1 My Little Pony, all started out with their target audiences who grew up with them as kids. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and I think the current generation of MLP is a big enough phenomenon now that these kids probably will grow to have fond memories of these ponies, and continue the fandom into their adult years.

It's one of the big reasons I think this franchise and its associated fandom has the potential for a lot of staying power in the years to come. I wouldn't be half surprised if, thanks to the kids of today, a couple decades from now us old farts will be able to buy the special 20th Anniversary edition of Twilight Sparkle.

Wow...

"Aren't you a little young to be a MLP Fanatic?" is exactly what I would say to him if I was there..

Its good to see young children taking interest in MLP!

And bro, are you sure that you heard that kiddo say that... because you know that we bronies keep hearing stuff such as "Twilight" or "Pinkie" and etc. and we tend to mishear those kinda stuff.I'm just sayin'

Rainbow dash sorry I can't quote you because I'm using my iPhones web browser and there's no quote button but I'm sure I heard them say twilight and pinkie pie because I heard it waited for them to walk away and sure enough there were pony books about twilight an pinkie they had books on the entire mane 6

My boyfriend's business started making MLP themed products after my son came out as a Brony. It actually broke my son's heart the first time we vended and only little girls were excited to see Pinkie Pie. But if I can still love Rainbow Brite and the Smurfs as a beautiful childhood memory that stands the test of time, who is to say their love for MLP will not carry on as well? At the very next fest we vended I ran across a few Bronies who were surprised and excited to see the Mane 6 represented.

But here's a thought. What would you all call a young boy (age 2-9) who loves MLP:FiM? Would you consider him a Brony as well? He certainly isn't the target audience. Maybe we're all Bronies regardless of age and gender!