Twilight's Lesson Zero Punishment?

DubWolf

So if you remembered watching Lesson Zero (Season 2, Episode 3), you recall Celestia decided to forget about Twilight's punishment for her "HII GURRLS" alter ego and chaos. What sort of punishment did you think Celestia had in mind for her, if you think she deserved one? Keep in mind of what Twilight's actions were in the episode. Silly answers are always welcome (to an extent)!

I think this should be moved to the FiM discussion forum.

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

Celestia could have banished Twilight somewhere to think about what she had done, or at least sent her back to Magic Kindergarten. Probably force Twilight to write 1000 words on a chalkboard or something.

I'm guessing Princess Celestia would have just given her a scolding or something along those lines. Celestia doesn't look like the pony to overreact over things especially after she easily fixed the problem.

• Brohoof 2

I think the Princess would have just made her return to Canterlot and return once she thought she'd learned her lesson. But I also think she would have just given her a stern talking to because remember Spike was the one who had called her and I don't think she'd just be like "Oh okai Spike I help her! I SEND HER TO MOON! ehehehe!"

Celestia would have most likely just scolded her. That or send Twilight back to Canterlot for a little while so she can think about what she had done. Twilight definitely deserved some kind of punishment in my opinion. She single-handedly caused complete chaos in Ponyville over nothing.

I don't think there ever WAS going to be a punishment.  I think she just said that to make the other members of the mane 6 feel like they helped Twilight out of a worse predicament than it actually was.  If anything, it would've just been a lecture along the lines of Mufasa 'teaching Simba a lesson' in Lion King.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

edit:

I think this should be moved to the FiM discussion forum.

For future reference, just report your post. It makes it easier on us. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I don't think there ever WAS going to be a punishment.  I think she just said that to make the other members of the mane 6 feel like they helped Twilight out of a worse predicament than it actually was.  If anything, it would've just been a lecture along the lines of Mufasa 'teaching Simba a lesson' in Lion King.

...nahhhhh! I totally think she was going to go bananas on Twilight Sparkle for her insane behavior. Maybe 20 hours of community service for the kind ponies and gentleponies of  Canterlot away from her friends.

She did seem a bit forgiving while she was talking to Twilight prior to the other mane 6 ponies' entry.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Celestia would've went along the lines of

"Twilight Sparkle! I am gravely disappointed by your actions today." 

It would be the same thing she did at the end of a Caterlot Wedding Part 1. Which was basically scold her and giver her time to think about her mistake.

I think she felt that what happened after she came around and what happened before hand was punishment and lesson enough that she didn't feel the need to punish her actually.

I think she was just messing with her frankly when she mentioned the punishment.

Celestia seems to be pretty nice and lenient. She doesn't seem like the type to punish something like that, when the lesson was already learned.

Well I think Celestia doesn't give out punishments for that, since technically everything that happened happened on the correct timeline.  The whole "if it were another timeline what would cease to exist?" question.

Yep, pretty much that. I think saying her name in the royal Canterlot voice was all the punishment she had planned. Before the others barged in, she was basically giving Twilight a lecture that she's not a little school filly that needs to be told what to do and punished if she doesn't. Dropping the hammer on her would have been counter-productive to the purpose of the lesson (by reinforcing Twilight's fear of punishment).

Basically, she punished the other 5 because they asked her to. And with something not too unpleasant (writing friendship letters), becasue they didn't really do anything bad anyway... just a lack of good.