Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

your favorite pony is in love with your best friend, what are you gonna do?

Rethajni

You discovered that your favorite pony is actually in love with your best friend, and she/he is asking you for help, what are you gonna do?

My best friend doesn't like MLP, so he would probably be weirded out. On the other hand, I don't actually romantically love any of the ponies, so I would probably grab a lawn chair, some lemonade, sit back, and watch how this going to turn out. It would probably come to really interesting conclusion.

• Brohoof 2

I have no best friend or friends in general, so my favorite pony wouldn't need advice because said friend doesn't exist. She would stay with me. This is one of the very few scenarios that I win at. :)

Edited by SmartyPants

i would be very surprised at first, but then comes the hard part...

where i tell that my best friend allready has a girlfriend. oh god that is going to be so sad :(

poor applejack

Edited by repsol rave

I have a crush on my favourite pony, so if this scenario actually happened, I wouldn't be very calm and would constantly think "WHY? BUT I LOVE YOU" over and over before smashing a bunch of my things in a rage, then locking myself in my room and pondering the meaning of life in a depressive state. 

This scenario has happened to me with a previous (human) crush, and I really wouldn't be very thrilled or happy...

But on the other hand, this best friend already knows about my obsession level interest in Vinyl, and would probably not be phased by this. He already has a girlfriend, as well as a thing for Applejack after all. 
Then comes the part where I comfort Vinyl and win her over >:3 

• Brohoof 2

I would be heartbroken because at that point I'd realized Pinkie Pie doesn't love me like I would've hoped that she would. I would be very sad indeed.:(

But then she will be sad too because my best friend is currently engaged. So yeah we both lose apparently lol. :P

But then I'd comfort her and be there for her like the awesome friend I can be. Then maybe soon after that, she would then develop feelings for me! :D

not..

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie is lesbian for my best friend? Not sure how I feel about this one... Oh well, my best friend isn't lesbian. Pinkie Pie will just have to deal with it. :L

Sweetie Belle and my best friend... I'll going to need to shop this. This would probably be hilarious and bizarre on the Jojo level. The funny thing is he would never fall for her.

post-17284-0-86854000-1377126446_thumb.jpg

I'd be fine with it. After all, if it's what makes Twily happy, who am I to object?

That said, I think she'd be a lot happier with me, and I'd vulture in the very moment something goes wrong. Miss an opportunity like this? No thank you.  ;)

Edited by Yosef von Uzenvard

Luna and Applejack: I would emphasize how much of a lucky bastard he is and just how much I hate him. Okay so I wouldn't hate him but I might be a tad jealous but would be happy for him because life has not been very kind to him these last few years and it would be nice to see him catch a break for once.

Twilight: He is not interested in her in that way, so that would be pretty awkward for both of them.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

I would remind him everyday about how lucky he is to have gotten Fluttershy to fall in love with him. :okiedokielokie: 

I would never let him forget that, and if he did anything at all that would hurt her in anyway I would kill him without hesitation. love and tolorate the buck out of him.

But if loving my best friend makes her happy I would leave it alone. I want Fluttershy to be happy. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Tough call, since I've never been in a meaningful relationship and have difficulties relating to normal people, even those I would consider my friends. But since it's my favorite pony, I would do my best to help her. Her happiness is paramount to my feelings. Maybe try and set things up between the two of them (I don't really have a best friend, just 3 or so regular friends). I'm not sure how it would work out. My friends are rather odd and don't seem to be the dating types. They just go to work, go home, play vidya games, play children's card games, and go to sleep. Definitely emphasize to said friend just how great of ta thing they've got going now. and not to squander this opportunity. I mean hey, we're friends, that means that my favorite pony will still be around.

But if things don't pan out, the relationship goes nowhere and ends with disappointment, or even worse, she gets her heart broken, I will be there to comfort her, and despite my shortcomings, be the special somepony she needs.

Then someone's getting shot.

Well... good for him. I would be jealous as all hell, but I wouldn't do anything drastic. Though if he doesn't feel the same way and breaks her heart, that's where I swoop in!

• Brohoof 2

YOOOOOO! I'm real happy for you an all, but I hope ya like apples bro. I mean really like apples to the point where you eat and farm for em every day(I assume applejack is turned into a human if not oh boy). I think he already has gf through that two timing bastard. 

On the outside I'd try and be supportive and help in some way, but on the inside I'd be so annoyed  :okiedokielokie:.  Still, I'd do my best to help, however difficult it may be :( .  Maybe Dash would fall for me in the process too, but if not, I'll still always be there, especially if anything goes wrong. 

Well, seeing as I'm pretty sure my best friend at the moment is a cat.... it would get weird. I suppose it is nearly in character for Fluttershy.

This is a highly unlikely scenario, because it implies that I would in fact actually have IRL friends. That is not the case, so I have no clue how to interact with this "Best friend". Do they have an off-switch? That could come in handy.

Technically, yes they do. However, you would be arrested for murder. Bit silly, really.

im the only brony in my country(literally) so none of my friends ever heard of em XD therefor i am 100% sure tht nothing could possibly go wrong and in case it somehow hapened id just show the pony the worst flaws of my best friend until she thinks its awful/disastrous problem solved    (trol face)

Edited by supersonic rainboom

• 7 years later...
On 8/21/2013 at 8:50 PM, Balareth said:

You discovered that your favorite pony is actually in love with your best friend, and she/he is asking you for help, what are you gonna do?

:sneer: accidents happen in the wonderful world of Equestria