What Animation Error Can You Remember The Most?

Naught Important

Oh yeah, the only animation error I actually caught while I was watching, in lesson zero when twilight is messing with the cupcakes, the icing suddenly comes back after she scooped most of it off

I had a tough choice between Rarity's disappearing crown at the gala, or this one, but in end I must go with this one.

img-1826467-1-tumblr_mhm0vbgPnW1rzgkwfo1

What is this, I don't even- ...

I believe you have killed me. Using laughter.

• Shocked 1

(edited)

In the S4 premiere in the scene where Rarity and Sweetie Belle are having their magic manipulated by the plants, there's a part where she's supposed to be using the messed up magic from the plunder seeds and her horn isn't glowing.  For whatever reason, every time that scene comes on I can't focus on anything but the fact that her horn isn't glowing... it just bugs me.

It's not the biggest animation error but for some inexplicable reason it's the one that I can't get out of my head and can't stop noticing in the episode.

Edit:  Not finale, premiere... SIghy sigh.  Fixed.

Edited by Simon

(edited)

For me it was in MMC when RD had her original CM when she wasn't supposed to. I am not good at finding these errors but I noticed that one right away.

I am curious, is there anyone here familiar with Flash that can explain how some of these mistakes get made and how some are so prevalent? Is it due to laziness or simple oversight? In particular I am curious about how the pony's that aren't supposed to be unicorns become them when they aren't supposed to be. It especially seems fairly prevalent in S4.

Forgot to add one that bugs me. during the crystal empire song near the end when Twilight is levitating the book with her magic her horn isn't glowing. And during the song "every pony should know" to the left of rarity the pony has no horn yet it switches and she has one!

Edited by Azureth

• 1 year later...

Oooh! In Ponyville Confidential, towards the end, Diamond Tiara is standing with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Then, she leaves them and is covered in ink by a press, making everyone in the room laugh. Her body is still right next to the CMC during the frames when they're laughing.

img-2751339-1-Rarity_missing_eye_lashes_

This just has to be my favorite animation error I've seen in the show. I can't help but snicker a little (and sometimes a little more than that) whenever I see it.  :icwudt:

My most memorable animation error would have to be Applejack's hat trick in Canterlot Boutique. 

sig-4539393.medium.gif

Nah, that hat just turned around to look at lovely Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I just found this one in Dungeons and Discords...

OMG I just rewatched that part, and not only is it plain as day but it stays on the screen a whole 7 seconds! How did the animators miss this?? 

Here's another animation error I posted in the episode about it:

Untitled_zpstyiygenl.jpg

Sweet Biscuit is hovering over the stool.

Edited by Azureth
  • Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1