Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy in season 4

M the brony

In my opinion, Derpy's role will stay the same as it was before. In the background so no one can see her but, people will find a way to try to find her in the background like Where's Raldo. The fans really want her to play a bigger role, if your a fan of her.

• Brohoof 1

i personally hope she stays a background character. i love her as a background character, but her personality is too flat and underdeveloped to become a greater part of the series.

that's my opinion anyway.

Edited by repsol rave

In my honest opinion, Derpy is best as she is. A cameo type character that stays within the background. Nothing more nothing less. Sure the fans love her, but giving her a bigger role in the show might ruin that and the entirety of the show itself.

Edited by Ember The Dragoness

Well no. I don't think she will, and I don't want to either. You say she's an awesome character, how? I mean the only thing we actually know about her is that her eyes are derped and that she can be a bit clumsy

As far as i know, she won't appear anymore in season 4. Something about her character was too controvers.

But who knows, maybe they changed their mind about her:

Old news, already past and buried. :) She returned in the season 3 finale, and was prominent as a background character in Equestria Girls. Also, Hasbro never stopped making Derpy toys at all during the Derpy Drought, to the point that she was the Comiccon exclusive toy right in the middle of the 'controvery', so it wasn't Hasbro that had the problem. It appears that the Hub itself (which is *not* run by Hasbro, but by Discovery) had the issue. They seem to be over it now.

• Brohoof 3

I doubt she'll get any featured or prominent role in S4. She's always been more a hidden, Where's Waldo-ish type character, hiding in the background, usually doing something lovable or silly. If she starts getting more noticable roles, then she may loose her effect.

As for will she appear or not, it's just a matter of wait-and-see. No one will know/say anything until S4 airs, so there's no point in worrying about it until then.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to mention the tumblr post by Grey Delisle from a long while ago:

134302__safe_meta_twitter_facebook_grey-

Not saying this is officiall on mlp, just a pony fan-project, or if it's even Derpy at all but it piques curiosity and is good fuel for Derpy speculation

Edited by Captain Brony (MG11)
  • Brohoof 2

As much as I would love to see more of Derpy in Season 4.. I would be content with her being just the way she is, just within view for those looking for her.. I wouldn't want her to be shelved because someone got offended...again...But I wouldn't mind a few scenes with her like in Luna Eclipsed where she drains the trough with the apples...that was too cute...or maybe they should make her a mailmare..that would be awesome...or maybe have her coming out of Sugarcube Corner with a muffin, but those are just my thoughts... As long as I get to see her still...I'll be happy...

Edited by Cal Stonehoof

Quote directly from another topic i've said this in:

"Derpy's removal was caused by how her traits we portrayed in a negative manner. Reintroduce her by showing her talents and traits as things that make her a good character who is loved and appreciated by other characters rather than a scene like when RD was being inconvenienced by her."

That's what I wish they'd do if they ever decide to give her a slightly larger role or scene

• Brohoof 3

Nah, I highly doubt it. I think she will remain in the background, where she belong.

I guess you remember last time when she had her own line: Parents freaked out.

So yea, stay in the background Derpy, you are safe here ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well no. I don't think she will, and I don't want to either. You say she's an awesome character, how? I mean the only thing we actually know about her is that her eyes are derped and that she can be a bit clumsy

A lot of people enjoy her. And when they accidently animated her eyes wrong in S1 Ep1, she got her name, and she went viral.

There's all types of fanfics with her and Doctor Whooves, Dinky, ect.

I love Derpy so much. She's my favorite background pony, and if she was a main character, she would be my favorite.

And I don't know how she got her name Ditzy Doo, but I think its because in Winter Wrap Up, her name was spoken from a Pegasus.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of people enjoy her. And when they accidently animated her eyes wrong in S1 Ep1, she got her name, and she went viral.

There's all types of fanfics with her and Doctor Whooves, Dinky, ect.

I love Derpy so much. She's my favorite background pony, and if she was a main character, she would be my favorite.

And I don't know how she got her name Ditzy Doo, but I think its because in Winter Wrap Up, her name was spoken from a Pegasus.

I know why she's so known haha. Everypony does. I'm just saying that there are no canon things that we know about her.

I'd like to mention the tumblr post by Grey Delisle from a long while ago:

img-1786565-1-134302__safe_meta_twitter_

Not saying this is officiall on mlp, just a pony fan-project, or if it's even Derpy at all but it piques curiosity and is good fuel for Derpy speculation

Source? I can't find this post on her tumblr. Neither can I find it on twitter.

• Brohoof 1

She should really make more appearances in episodes.

She should talk more, makes her not so backgroundy pony.

I heard somewhere that they are removing her, SOURCE OR NOT HAPPENING.

I know why she's so known haha. Everypony does. I'm just saying that there are no canon things that we know about her.

Source? I can't find this post on her tumblr. Neither can I find it on twitter.

Oh... XD Wow, I feel like a fool. I must of misread your post lol XD.

*LImits, why must you be hard on me? Cake. Pie. Scourge, Cats. Pony. Makeroo*

I think will see her in season 4 but, her status as "wheres Waldo" background pony will stay the same.

I think that the creators defiantly know she is a fan favorite and they probably know that we would really appreciate them putting her in season 4.

As to how much of her will see... well thats yet to be seen but, I would love to see more of Derpy.

I really hope so. I would love to see Derpy in season 4 as an actual character rather than an easter egg or a single scene speaking role.

I wouldn't mind seeing Derpy return...

It's just...DON'T PUT HER IN AN EPISODE WITH A CHARACTER WHO BARELY GOT ANY EPISODES BEFORE (Applejack).

That distracted most from the entire episode and focused on Derpy more than Applejack.

If Derpy speaks...great, that's awesome, but put her in with a character that has had lots of episodes...namely, Rainbow Dash, that would work great. 

But, she probably won't speak again, anyway. She'll probably remain as a background character only.