Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you rush in where angels fear to tread?

Planty

Now this title could mean a number of things but I wanted to make this to see what you guys thought and weather you could relate or give a bit of advice.

Now for me personally, sometimes I am just so eager to comment on an issue and register an opinion that I often poorly think through what I am saying and and don't really say what I mean or give the correct point.

There are multiple examples of this but I think the best is that today, I have been posting on a topic about Syria, and at times I was so eager to reply that I didn't write proper comments and didn't really say anything 1/2 the time (I will start thinkng and taking more time though I dont want to say stupid things I dont mean).

Maybe I think that my post count is more important that understanding and writing coherently? I hope not :S!

Does anyone else feel they do stuff like this?

Or in another walk of life do something similar? or do you even jump to conclusions to quickly without properly finding things out?

• Brohoof 3

I used to assume things a few years ago, and for the most part I have gotten rid of that trait.

But, on the forums, I do type down opinions without thinking straight or when I post something. I usually go back and edit then. 

I don't normally jump to conclusions anymore and I'm an EXTREMELY calm and relaxed person nowadays.

I always think before I post and I try to do my best.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like that pretty often around here. Sure, I seem to have written several "good" posts, but most of the time, I just type in what I'm thinking and I don't feel like it's really well structured or exactly saying what I thought then...

The problem is I think that it is good while I type it and later I'm just lke "Whoa, wait, what? Can I write that like this? Does that make sense? Is it circular, or not even comprehensible at all? Or could I've written it in fewer sentences?"

• Brohoof 1

Meh, I just post whatever I feel like posting. There are times where I do not deeply think about what I am posting, but not everything needs to be put through an intense thinking process. I know that what I post has no deep importance or meaning most of the time. Do I wish that it did? Of course, but some of us are not that interesting. My posts reflect that.

Edited by Kyoshi

Nope. Exact opposite. I spend a lot of time thinking about what I should say in a post (or anything, really), often making edits if I feel it doesn't sound quite right or needs to be explained a little better. If I feel like I'm not versed well enough in a particular subject, I don't speak about it or I do speak about it but admit that I'm not exactly as familiar with the subject as I feel I should be.

I don't really jump to conclusions often either. I ask too many questions for that to happen usually.

Edited by Mutemutt
  • Brohoof 1

I always put a lot of thinking and effort into my posts. Sometimes, I put too much time into it. And sometimes I tend to write more than what was necessary in a thread. Which reminds me, back in high school, it took me longer to write essays and paragraphs, compared to most other students, which was aggravating at times.

It happens that I end up writing/saying things people won't necessarily like while precisely knowing and understanding the consequences of my words.

Guess it's based on my own belief, since I cannot imagine I could stand somebody soaping my eyes.

Unfortunately, I don't spend enough time formulating my opinions or statements. This sometimes results with more sensitive people spotting some kind of unintentional, second depth in my words. I probably couldn't express how annoying it is to type something and be completely misunderstood...

The fact that I'm not even a native speaker doesn't help at all as well. Made myself a lot of trouble once or twice already because I didn't understand one word.

First, I don't even participate in the debates. Sure I have opinions, I just prefer debating face to face. But, if I do post my opinions I think about it for a long time and go around the internet looking for stuff to back up my opinion. You have to understand that once you post, that post will be there so posting poor posts will just make you look bad. I prefer having long good posts that noone will read rather then a short bad one. It's important to create good posts if you are going to debate at all. So no I don't rush posting, I want my posts to be good or decent.

I'm the opposite. I always make sure I can understand and articulate my thoughts before commenting, and I usually only speak when spoken to.