ASocialyAwkwardPony

@Hansel, could you kindly not share LGBT-phobic joke material in this thread? Gay people don't just "turn that way" to get divorces and transgendered people don't "want to be a girl/boy to be pervy in their bathrooms", and it's not funny nor new nor original to imply such things.

I know this is different because I'm not a minority, but I'm a straight white guy and I'll laugh like all hell at jokes about how stupid men can be(and even make them at my own expense) same with being a borderline Redneck. The key to surviving life is to not take yourself to seriously and develop a bit of a self-depreciating sense of humor(for example, I have a friend that's was almost murdered and he uses it as joke material). There's a certain kind of humor that can be derived from "it's funny because it's do damn wrong it crossed the line twice"

On a lighter note, I'd like to drop in to say thanks to this show and fandom, because I have to fess up that I was slightly homophobic as teenager and that seems to be breaking away more and more each day(hell, I actually ship a couple femslash pairings now), and it's done nothing but strengthen my faith as a Christian as I come to realize how blind bigots are to Jesus' word to love everyone and that the God I believe in wouldn't allow someone to be born a certain way just to hate them for it  

So I'd like to thank everyone involved for opening my heart.    

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 5

I believe a 'bear' is a large, usually hairy, gay man.

Hmm, I've heard that before, but I would be surprised if that is what it meant in this specific context. If that IS what it means then I am surprised that there is a big movement behind that o_O

I know this is different because I'm not a minority, but I'm a straight white guy and I'll laugh like all hell at jokes about how stupid men can be(and even make them at my own expense) same with being a borderline Redneck. The key to surviving life is to not take yourself to seriously and develop a bit of a self-depreciating sense of humor(for example, I have a friend that's was almost murdered and he uses it as joke material). There's a certain kind of humor that can be derived from "it's funny because it's do damn wrong it crossed the line twice"

On a lighter note, I'd like to drop in to say thanks to this show and fandom, because I have to fess up that I was slightly homophobic as teenager and that seems to be breaking away more and more each day(hell, I actually ship a couple femslash pairings now), and it's done nothing but strengthen my faith as a Christian as I come to realize how blind bigots are to Jesus' word to love everyone and that the God I believe in wouldn't allow someone to born a certain way just to hate them for it  

Well I'm a Christain and I'm gay, and I have my own views on things. And I easily agree with you. I would explain how I feel I can be both, but I'd rather save that for a debate thread.

• Brohoof 1

On a lighter note, I'd like to drop in to say thanks to this show and fandom, because I have to fess up that I was slightly homophobic as teenager and that seems to be breaking away more and more each day(hell, I actually ship a couple femslash pairings now), and it's done nothing but strengthen my faith as a Christian as I come to realize how blind bigots are to Jesus' word to love everyone and that the God I believe in wouldn't allow someone to born a certain way just to hate them for it  

I don't even find the WBC offensive. I'm a bisexual atheist American, that's like triple blasphemy to them LOL.

I once read a yaoi fanfic with Jesus and Hitler in it. I don't know why, I just got bored one day xD

Hmm, I've heard that before, but I would be surprised if that is what it meant in this specific context. If that IS what it means then I am surprised that there is a big movement behind that o_O

I can't think what else it could mean. But I think that a lot of those pictures are just jokes too, I can't imagine that there's any kind of movement behind fat or master/slave fetishes, I'd be surprised.

I can't think what else it could mean. But I think that a lot of those pictures are just jokes too, I can't imagine that there's any kind of movement behind fat or master/slave fetishes, I'd be surprised.

In my experience, I would not be surprised if there were big movements behind those two fetishes actually. That bear thing though...not so much.

I don't even find the WBC offensive. I'm a bisexual atheist American, that's like triple blasphemy to them LOL.

I once read a yaoi fanfic with Jesus and Hitler in it. I don't know why, I just got bored one day xD

There's actually a webcomic like that(only I think God is involved to). There's a review somewhere on the Bad Webcomics Wiki that's pretty funny. 

I'm not LGBT, however I highly respect people for their orientation and it doesn't bother me, we're all humans and it's completely natural, no need to be hated for orientation.

• Brohoof 2

@Telling me to get a sense of humor and deal with it... no... I am dealing with enough shit from society and everyone around me IRL to think things making fun of me for who I am, claiming I am a sexual predator as a joke, is funny. It's not self irony, it's just not true and I find no joy in knowing people find who I am to be a joke and makes jokes about it. So call me a bitch, call me stuck up, call me a unlikeable boring hag, but know that I have my reasons for hurting myself every time I see a joke like that.

• Brohoof 1

@Telling me to get a sense of humor and deal with it... no... I am dealing with enough shit from society and everyone around me IRL to think things making fun of me for who I am, claiming I am a sexual predator as a joke, is funny. It's not self irony, it's just not true and I find no joy in knowing people find who I am to be a joke and makes jokes about it. So call me a bitch, call me stuck up, call me a unlikeable boring hag, but know that I have my reasons for hurting myself every time I see a joke like that.

I understand how you feel, I'm the most overly sensitive person about stuff like this, but there were no malicious intentions in those jokes. I'm sorry if what I said caused offense, the last thing I want is to offend anyone. I don't think anyone wanted to offend you.

In my experience, I would not be surprised if there were big movements behind those two fetishes actually. That bear thing though...not so much.

Really? Well, I didn't really think there would be. Maybe 'bear' in this context does mean something else, although I don't know what that could be.

Edited by James
  • Brohoof 1

I used to be like you(I still worry about what people think of me for other reasons at times), but I grew to hold the philosophy that opinions and statements made in ignorance and hate aren't worth taking seriously and life's not worth worrying about the people that hate me and I should be devoting the time to the ones that love me. As much as a dark part down inside wants to see someone suffer for their sins against their fellow man(I've even fallen prey to that feeling and spoke in anger), it's doing no more than sinking to their level to react with the same rage they do. When you walk away and leave them yelling at nothing you is when you strip them bare and allow them to show their true colors to the word. Refusing to meet hate with hate and remaining rational under stress proves them wrong and proves you the better person.  

Wow. Am I the only one who finds it unfair that gays get the rainbow flag? I want a rainbow flag. I'm sure we all want the rainbow flag. It's friggin awesome! Also, the heterosexual flag is pretty poorly made. It's boring. We need better flags.

I don't even want a damn flag. sad.png

YEASH EVRYWUN DEEDZ A FLAG

Btw is "bear pride" supposed to represent furries or is it something else?

@@Hansel,

^ Also this. What is "bear pride"?

I think it's just... bear pride.

BEARS DESERVE RIGHTS TOO, DAMN IT!

I demand a link to this yaoi. Now. I need it my life like I need ponies. wub.png

• Brohoof 1

I think it's just... bear pride.   BEARS DESERVE RIGHTS TOO, DAMN IT!

B*tch plz, it's all about cat pride.  

I demand a link to this yaoi. Now. I need it my life like I need ponies. 

Uhh... I just found it when I googled "Jesus x Hitler yaoi fanfic". It was either the first or second link. 

Edited by Akari Akaza
  • Brohoof 1

B*tch plz, it's all about cat pride.  

Uhh... I just found it when I googled "Jesus x Hitler yaoi fanfic". It was either the first or second link. 

I... I can't find this beautiful creation anywhere. img-1941297-1-sad.png

Cat pride? yaoi? .... gay cat pride? img-1941297-2-huh.png

Well.

img-1941297-3-neko_yaoi_pocky.jpg

okay.

I'm not even sure what we're talking about anymore. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

Edited by Hansel

I... I can't find this beautiful creation anywhere. img-1941297-1-sad.png

Cat pride? yaoi? .... gay cat pride? img-1941297-2-huh.png

Well.

img-1941297-3-neko_yaoi_pocky.jpg

okay.

I'm not even sure what we're talking about anymore. img-1941297-4-img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

I want gay cat pride! Gay cat pride sounds awesome, and I think my cat deserves it. :P

He... Let's just say I'm pretty sure he's a gay cat xD

• Brohoof 2

I want gay cat pride! Gay cat pride sounds awesome, and I think my cat deserves it. tongue.png

He... Let's just say I'm pretty sure he's a gay cat xD

Does he have a good taste in post-modern interior design and express a deep interest in fabulous clothing and fashion labels?

9593fcf1540c19536eae8ad93e3bb608.jpg

Because you know, stereotypes. xJr4u.png

Does he have a good taste in post-modern interior design and express a deep interest in fabulous clothing and fashion labels?

9593fcf1540c19536eae8ad93e3bb608.jpg

Because you know, stereotypes. xJr4u.png

I'm not so sure about his fashion, but he sure does like to applaud mine by jumping and hanging on my clothes.

But I can tell you one thing, he shaves alright XD

Actually, he's a Sphynx. So he's bald. But you get the joke, right? :P

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm a pansexual male. I've been with OP for a while, since before either of us came to this forum even. I really care for Lyra, and I'm happy that other people are able to find support here, and I'd like to offer my ear to anyone who's having issues. My PM box is always open,

• Brohoof 1

I... I can't find this beautiful creation anywhere. 

Sorry about the late reply, but better late than never.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6130321/ 

Cat pride? yaoi? .... gay cat pride?

Wow, I didn't realize just how hot kitty yaoi is until now c: 

I'm not even sure what we're talking about anymore.

Lol me neither.

Edited by Akari Akaza
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Hope this is ok to post :)

I've noticed a few LGBT bronies around lately looking to meet others, hence this thread. The forum is a lovely welcoming place and I for one don't mind about people's preferences when it comes to being friends, but I also know from my own experience that it can be really nice to meet people who have first-hand experience of being on the LGBT spectrum. I thought maybe if you're LGBT and happy to add friends on here, post a comment so others can friend you, or just say hi.

To start off with, I'm Tristan, I'm FTM transgender but not yet transitioning, and I'm also demi-sexual and pansexual. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to collect all the lables, but all the same, that's me in a nutshell :)

• Brohoof 4

Hi Tristan, I'm Scarlet, MTF and Bisexual. Always happy to make more friends, especially ones that are also LGBT, feel free to pm me (as you've already added me to your friends list :P)

• Brohoof 2

Hey! Always good to meet new people! I'm Danfo98, I'm bisexual, and I like animals!

But not in a sexual way.... Nope

Not in the market but just have to say this really made me laugh. Had to say it. Well I do like animals too. But not in a sexual way as well. But considering the human species are animals in biological terms I guess you could say there's a bit of falsehood in my statement. LMAO!