Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ASocialyAwkwardPony

Heterosexual. Like someone else stated in this forum, I'm not an enemy or a friend of the LGBT community for personal reasons and personal beliefs. Even though I am Christian, I don't hate gay people, I just strongly disagree with the idea of homosexuality, and no, it's not only because the Bible says so. If you want to know why, send me a PM.

Well since we're all kinda doing show and tell with out sexual orientation/gender identity I may as well, too. I'm am asexual, and maybe even aromantic too I don't know. I have no interest in dating or anything down those lines. As far as gender goes, I'm more neutral I guess? I don't know the correct LGBT lingo for it, but I don't really lean on either side of the binary fence. I'm not very avid or decided on it though, like I've never asked anyone to use 'they/them' pronouns, but I never really correct people if they 'misgender' me. I just don't care all that much. 

I did this project thing at my school for LGBT awareness stuff at my school, because most of my friends and other people I know at the school are LGBT and the environment there was hostile to that. (For example, our principal was apparently pretty transphobic) Unfortunately, this project was ill-received and couldn't be displayed in the halls like everyone else who's projects were decent. (Our project was in the classroom with the one that talked about all different varieties or sexual harassment/abuse in more detail than was appropriate) 

I'd love to see the writers of MLP introduce a LGBT character, or introduce LGBT elements in pre-existing characters (Like the mane six. Excluding Rainbow Dash, because rainbows and stereotypes) The show has already destroyed a lot of stereotypes and raised the bar like six miles for children's TV shows, and handled important issues really well. However, I can see why this may not happen. If as much of a fuss was created about Derpy as it was, just imagine how many parent's would lose their shit if that one of the girls had a girlfriend.  >_>

I am a firm believer in equal rights for everyone regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. I am glad a thread like this exists.

:grin:

• Brohoof 1

Hi — I am kind of hesitant to post anything about myself in this regard (while my sexuality & gender identity don't define me, they are (the latter specifically) having an effect upon my life), but I feel being forthright about it will be helpful for me.

I am bisexual and transgender (MtF)... I don't know what else to say that won't be long winded and kind of depressing ^_^ sooo, yeah. Hi

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ehh, i'm bisexual, therefor that would lump me into the LGBT community. I don't involve myself with it at all and carry on minding my own business.

• Brohoof 2

I haven't read through all the pages so their might already be something on thie subject, but are there more people than me here who feels like they do not feel the need to label their sexuality. If I had to label it pansexual would fit the best, but I kind of just don't see the need for it :P

What's your opinion?

(I want to clearly spefcify that I don't have any kinds of problems with people who label themself, I simply don't need to do it myself in terms of sexuality)

Oh and I'm trans btw, in case you wanted to know ^^

• Brohoof 1

Honestly? I'm pansexual, as recently discovered by developing an attraction to a rather *ahem :blush: * guy at my collage. (But he is straight so I crie)
If somebody asks I say bisexual because most people generally don't know what pansexual is.  -_-

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Who better than TeamRiverMiles to bump this thread?

Albeit closeted in real life... 

Rivvy and I are a bisexual couple.  :) 

---

872px-Bisexual-moon-symbol.svg.png

---

I see a few people trying to, um... use percentages when saying they're bi.  Well, the way I see it... Being bi just means you're capable of loving male or female.  Nonetheless, there is (a slightly controversial tool), the Kinsey Scale: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

So, I can understand some wanting to express their "lean" one way or the other.  For me, well, all I have to say is this: I love   ;) 

~ TeamRiverMiles

• Brohoof 2

I see a few people trying to, um... use percentages when saying they're bi.  Well, the way I see it... Being bi just means you're capable of loving male or female.  Nonetheless, there is (a slightly controversial tool), the Kinsey Scale: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

So, I can understand some wanting to express their "lean" one way or the other.  For me, well, all I have to say is this: I love   ;) 

~ TeamRiverMiles

Ya hit the nail right on the head  :) . Being bi is about being capable of loving male or female, and that you can have an attraction to both. I don't really express any "lean" either, because, likewise to what's said here, what matters most to me is... I love Miles  :blush:

Love is love. ^.^

~ TeamRiverMiles

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 2

I identify as partially female and male, don't use gender specific pronouns.

As for sexuality, I identify as a lesbian, but seeing as I'm not mentally 100% female I don't really use the label that often. I just use queer, or I say I'm attracted to women. I would identify as gynephilic, but that could be fonfused with...something else.

• Brohoof 4

I haven't read through all the pages so their might already be something on thie subject, but are there more people than me here who feels like they do not feel the need to label their sexuality. If I had to label it pansexual would fit the best, but I kind of just don't see the need for it :P

What's your opinion?

(I want to clearly spefcify that I don't have any kinds of problems with people who label themself, I simply don't need to do it myself in terms of sexuality)

Oh and I'm trans btw, in case you wanted to know ^^

I'm a couple months late to replying to this so...forgib me o-o

However I'm pretty much the exact same way when it comes to sexuality and stuff. And being Trans/all the crazy with my gender (Even gender I find hard to explain in detail xD) for me is one of the reasons I'd rather not specify because for some reason when that gets involved people get really confused O.o

I just identify as queer or simply 'sexual' xD

Edited by Fire Sky
  • Brohoof 2

I'm a couple months late to replying to this so...forgib me o-o

However I'm pretty much the exact same way when it comes to sexuality and stuff. And being Trans/all the crazy with my gender (Even gender I find hard to explain in detail xD) for me is one of the reasons I'd rather not specify because for some reason when that gets involved people get really confused O.o

I just identify as queer or simply 'sexual' xD

I tend to shrug if people ask me about my sexuality :P
  • Brohoof 1

Why do you feel the need to do this in the thread least likely for it to get traffic among homophobes in?

No place is a perfectly safe haven. :ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

I long for the day when sexual orientation is irrelevant. Why does someone else's gender or sexual orientation even matter? What good comes from caring about something so inconsequential to anyone but the person who holds it? I treat everybody with respect, regardless of any differences between us. If they don't treat me with respect, I don't need to bother with them.

• Brohoof 2

I'm Bi also we maybe need to add the "+" sign after the "T" because now the Pedos are trying to gain rights just because of "The Family international / The Children of God" Cult's Beliefs towered sexuality

"There are no relationship restrictions or age limitations in God's law of love. But system laws make it all against the law, and if I'd tell you what I think, I'd probably break the law publishing it! Whew! Wow! The system really stinks! It is a pit of lies and deceit and fiendish propaganda against the laws of God and the love of God and the sex of God! It's almost totally against nature!"

(Quoted in "The Devil Hates Sex, But God Loves It!")

I can not this is actually happening!

(edited)

I'm Bi also we maybe need to add the "+" sign after the "T" because now the Pedos are trying to gain rights just because of "The Family international / The Children of God" Cult's Beliefs towered sexuality

"There are no relationship restrictions or age limitations in God's law of love. But system laws make it all against the law, and if I'd tell you what I think, I'd probably break the law publishing it! Whew! Wow! The system really stinks! It is a pit of lies and deceit and fiendish propaganda against the laws of God and the love of God and the sex of God! It's almost totally against nature!"

(Quoted in "The Devil Hates Sex, But God Loves It!")

I can not this is actually happening!

Oh wow. I had no idea there were groups really pushing for that sort of thing. Children cannot consent, that is why we made pedophilia illegal. I doubt they will get any traction, though. More fuel for the anti-LBGT rights folk to work with, unfortunetly.

Edited by GreatAndPowerfulKaty
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, last time I posted here I was bisexual and biromantic. And a "he".

That changed. I'm actually an MTF (Male to Female) transgender, heteroromantic (have a wonderfully supportive boyfriend :wub:), and a Pansexual (I like anything sexually ;) ;))

The life I live is worse because of this. My mental state- fragile. Everyone's perception of me- a slut. Yes. Life is tough for us.

Do not take what people say to heart. All that matters is that you deserve to be treated as a hetero would be treated (for others like me). You are just as wonderful, but as straight as a camel's back, in comparison to as straight as a bisecting line. I love the way this community treats LGBTQIAP like myself. Thank you for your Love and Tolerance.

Edited by TwillyFSniper
  • Brohoof 4