Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ok guys how about this,

What if, now go with me here, what if once the official series ends, the people behind the show branch off into there own group and it becomes a webshow, or the bronies take over and buy the rights, and we make the show!

• Brohoof 1

Ok guys how about this,

What if, now go with me here, what if once the official series ends, the people behind the show branch off into there own group and it becomes a webshow, or the bronies take over and buy the rights, and we make the show!

Far too many bronies would Sue if their fanpony wasn't aired and that be the end of mlp.

Ok guys how about this,

Far too many bronies would Sue if their fanpony wasn't aired and that be the end of mlp. :'(

That would be awesome Skullbuster :P lol I don't think that could happen though :(

Sure it could, if enough bronies got together and we got the backing of EQD, I'm pretty sure we coul raise enough money to buy the rights

Far too many bronies would Sue if their fanpony wasn't aired and that be the end of mlp.

Far too many bronies would Sue if their fanpony wasn't aired and that be the end of mlp. :'(

No, that wouldn't happen

Ok guys how about this,

I doubt that would happen. You can't just buy the rights to the show and that's that - there are hundreds, if not thousands, of loopholes to jump through. If you inherit an intellectual property, you inherit every agreement that goes with it - distribution licenses, merchandising rights, etc.

For example, Apple currently holds an agreement with Hasbro about digital distribution rights - they have a contract saying that they get to sell all the episodes on iTunes. If some organization showed up and bought the rights to MLP from Hasbro, they would also end up buying that agreement as well. If Apple says "you can't distribute MLP on YouTube", then guess what - you can't distribute it on YouTube. It doesn't matter who owns it, as long as that contract's attached to the franchise, it's enforceable.

Taking over an intellectual property is far more than just a matter of raising enough money and buying it - there are a ton of laws and judicial processes that go into the process. You'd need to have a registered business, you'd need to have a ton of lawyers, you'd need to have business managers, property managers, etc.

Plus if it were bought by the community raising money, then everyone who donated would want a say in how it's handled. The only way that would work is by registering an incorporated business and issuing stock. Then you have to deal with electing a board of directors, you'd have to file frequent reports to the SEC, you'd have to have a GAPP-compliant accounting process (read: hire a ton of accountants), etc.

Sorry, but not possible.

Oh the pains of Disney....to this day I'm still waiting for the rest of Darkwing to be released and at the rate things are going i'll probably never see my 2nd favorite Disney Afternoon show, Bonkers, on DVD either. Don't get me started on Phineas and Ferb, which I know will be doomed to incomplete DVD releases as well, knowing Disney's track record...greedy jerks.

Joined in ranting aside...

I'm hoping Hasbro won't pull the same crap other companies have done in the past, but because i'm so used to it now, as stated, I won't be surprised if it does end with season 3. Which is also why I'm going to buy every DVD I can in the meantime to show my support...and toys too, as they also help fund the show and keep Hasbro alive.

OH CRAP! I actually forgot Darkwing Duck is incomplete! It sucks all over again! I just checked. Thankfully I have the downloaded episodes not covered yet by DVD! Oh, and Bonkers was COOL!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

The hub probably ordered 13 episodes to get you guys hyped up, and they will eventually order more.

Or its the final season. :(

Depends on how long G4 will keep making Hasbro money. When G4 is no longer profitable, G5 will be conceived, but seeing how well G4 is doing, I doubt its not going to happen for a long while.

That means it will not end after S3, rite? :D

That means it will not end after S3, rite? :D

It could, it could not. I'm sure they will keep making new material as long as G4 goods keep selling. Whether it be new episodes, movies, DTV specials, whatever, its just a matter of when. Will it be a season 4 right after season 3? I'm honestly not getting my hopes up, seeing whats happened in the past with animated shows for kids, especially ones based on toy lines. But the show will keep reruning even when S3 is done as long as the toys are selling.

OH CRAP! I actually forgot Darkwing Duck is incomplete! It sucks all over again! I just checked. Thankfully I have the downloaded episodes not covered yet by DVD! Oh, and Bonkers was COOL!

With the recent Darkwing comic book series Boom Comics published, and how well it sold, Disney could decide to finish releasing it, but once again, this is Disney we are talking about, so chances are still slim but a bit higher than before.

So like you, we're still stuck with our pirated episodes from the net in the meantime. Wish I had episodes for Bonkers though. :(

Edited by SailorCardKnight

It could, it could not. I'm sure they will keep making new material as long as G4 goods keep selling. Whether it be new episodes, movies, DTV specials, whatever, its just a matter of when. Will it be a season 4 right after season 3? I'm honestly not getting my hopes up, seeing whats happened in the past with animated shows for kids, especially ones based on toy lines. But the show will keep reruning even when S3 is done as long as the toys are selling.

Well yeah, those were mostly shows for kids with kidviewers, and with this fanbase I doubt that this will end anytime soon :3

PETITIONS WITH OVER 1.000.000 SIGNATURES FOR HASBRO.

Well yeah, those were mostly shows for kids with kidviewers, and with this fanbase I doubt that this will end anytime soon :3

PETITIONS WITH OVER 1.000.000 SIGNATURES FOR HASBRO.

I hear online petitions almost never work. The only way to truly keep it going is to contact Hasbro directly in a polite and nice manner asking for more episodes....and buying the toys, as if I haven't expressed that enough already. They have to fund the production of more episodes somehow.

However, hold off on contacting them until *after* season 3 has aired and theres no announcements for future episodes.

We could ask where everyone lives and have them actually sign it :P lol I don't think I wanna tell some random borny where I live though so... Then again, I can just sign it then scan it and then..... No that wouldn't work cuz people might suspect me of editing it.... Wth am I talking about why would somebody forge that lol :P

I got to so my homework crap

With the recent Darkwing comic book series Boom Comics published, and how well it sold, Disney could decide to finish releasing it, but once again, this is Disney we are talking about, so chances are still slim but a bit higher than before.

So like you, we're still stuck with our pirated episodes from the net in the meantime. Wish I had episodes for Bonkers though. :(

I'm crossing my fingers for Mare-do-well, uh, Darkwing Duck's return to DVD!

Oh, while I'm thinking of it. "Rescue Rangers" was a terrible DVD release. It looks all washed out. They didn't bother remastering or anything! They just ran off of old film prints or something. Disney just looks to make a fast buck with their series releases!

Kim Possible season episode breakdown.

21 episodes in season one,

30 in season two

14 in season three

Show was supposed to end then with the movie "So The Drama" but came back with

22 episodes for season four after fans petitioned for it.

Sadly, fan petitions and email campaigns later failed to get the much desired season five. Sadder still, Disney still has never released the whole series to DVD even though the show ended five years ago in 2007.

Attention Disney. I will dispose of my downloaded burned to DVD collection of the entire series if you release a box set for me to legally buy! I bought Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers after all! I even bought the KP DVDs you did release!

Sorry for ranting a bit. I am no stranger to wanting an animated series to continue! This is why I'm going to buy the MLP DVD, even though it isn't the start of retailing the whole series. I hope enough people buy where they give the go ahead!

Well... What was the size and composition of the fanbase? Also, this is Disney (THIS. IS. DISNEY!), not Hasbro. Hopefully Hasbro will know better. After all, there must be millions upon millions of fans; random people I know are bronies, and this region of the country would probably have the fewest of anywhere. I'm guessing it's safe to say more than 2% of the population are bronies on some level, just judging off of how many I know, and I probably don't know of even more closet bronies and future bronies. Not to mention, that percentage will be higher in more liberal parts of the country where people aren't as afraid to be "strange".

3% of the population of the U.S.A. alone is 9 million people. Internationally, there could be as many as 13 million bronies, going with these off-the-wall guesses. 13 million is an absolutely insane fanbase to drop. My only hope is Hasbro isn't really dumb. Plus, as someone mentioned, they're going into an adult demographic now, people with their own spending money.

I love what joeyh3 posted and that adorable avatar. Where'd it come from?. That makes a lot of sense, puts me much more at ease. An optimistic side of me believes it, you could argue that 65 is too much of a coincidence; but consider this: They probably planned the season size way ahead of time, when they first started the series. It's rather ingenious, not only does it cover what joeyh3 said, but it also allows them to cancel the series if it doesn't do well in S3.

But hopefully, they'll notice this series has had absolutely tremendous success, and to cancel it would be a horribly stupid decision.

But there's still that nagging doubt that says dumb stuff has happened before...

If they haven't announced more episodes by the time S3 starts, it's petition and email barrage time. Imagine mobilizing an army of 15+ million people to all email Hasbro asking them to continue the series. That's gotta carry some voice...

Only issue is, it might get intercepted by the DoD as a Denial of Service internet attack XD

This is a classic example of why you shouldn't believe everything you hear. Still, good to see it was a hoax. Would really hate to see the series die so soon like that. Would be a huge blow to the fandom, for sure.

Wait, where did you see it's a hoax? What? I want to hear this...

About buying the rights to MLP FIM, you couldn't truely buy it, Hasbro owns the Copyright to the show and all things MLP. Now theoretically enough money could buy a organized company (Brony INc.) rights to use the property for a certain period of time but anything done by that company would have to 1st be checked by Hasbro (censoring) along with if the Webshow makes money, a certain percentage would have to go to Hasbro/the hosting site/voices/animators.

The 1st step to accomplishing this idea would require a real legal company which is owned and operated by Bronies. Since I personally can't just walk up to Hasbro and ask them for a lease on the copyright. If I am getting money from 250,000 people giving $5 a piece, not only would you require a massively trustworthy character to run it, but a legit legal company. If Sethito compiled the money and bought the rights, then infringed on it, Hasbro would sue him personally, not a company. This since a contract can't be signed by "The Bronies"