Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm crossing my fingers for Mare-do-well, uh, Darkwing Duck's return to DVD!

Oh, while I'm thinking of it. "Rescue Rangers" was a terrible DVD release. It looks all washed out. They didn't bother remastering or anything! They just ran off of old film prints or something. Disney just looks to make a fast buck with their series releases!

Or just plain lazy or don't think its worth the effort or both. And unfortunately its not just Disney, but just about all companies who have been releasing classic kids shows on DVD have been using poor/mediocre quality masters, better than nothing I guess. I'm sure Disney only released the Disney Afternoon shows (started anyways) on DVD due to the demand for them which was high enough, sadly it didn't get the profit they where hoping for so they stopped.

Gee Disney, you could make more profit if you, oh I dunno, actually promote the DVDs or rerun the shows on one of your many networks? Ya know, get people interested? Its kinda hard to make more profit when people don't know of the show's existence. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png I'm sure theres lots of kids out there who would love to see the cool shows their parents grew up with.

Or just plain lazy or don't think its worth the effort or both. And unfortunately its not just Disney, but just about all companies who have been releasing classic kids shows on DVD have been using poor/mediocre quality masters, better than nothing I guess. I'm sure Disney only released the Disney Afternoon shows (started anyways) on DVD due to the demand for them which was high enough, sadly it didn't get the profit they where hoping for so they stopped.

Gee Disney, you could make more profit if you, oh I dunno, actually promote the DVDs or rerun the shows on one of your many networks? Ya know, get people interested? Its kinda hard to make more profit when people don't know of the show's existence. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png I'm sure theres lots of kids out there who would love to see the cool shows their parents grew up with.

I bet if Disney reassembled the "Disney Afternoon" on one of their networks, it would get great ratings. I'd watch!

I bet if Disney reassembled the "Disney Afternoon" on one of their networks, it would get great ratings. I'd watch!

Well Nick has "The 90's are all that" block of classic 90s Nick shows which is doing very well right now, I don't see why they shouldn't follow suit. I'd watch too, even encourage my niece to watch too, shes already interested in checking out Ducktales and a couple other DA shows thanks to their theme songs being on a random cassette tape her mom/my cousin gave her.

...boy this conversation got very off topic from MLP, lol.

Well Nick has "The 90's are all that" block of classic 90s Nick shows which is doing very well right now, I don't see why they shouldn't follow suit. I'd watch too, even encourage my niece to watch too, shes already interested in checking out Ducktales and a couple other DA shows thanks to their theme songs being on a random cassette tape her mom/my cousin gave her.

...boy this conversation got very off topic from MLP, lol.

Oh, I surely do hope that season three of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" has more then 13 episodes!

(There, back on track!)

B)

• Brohoof 2

Unfortunately I think this is the sort of issue where we just have to wait it out; no amount of speculation will deliver a good answer >:

Of course, I do hope that there will be more than a measly 65 episodes of FiM out there for our enjoyment, especially if the show continues with this upward trajectory of awesome.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I don't know. Hasbro seems to be a fairly profit-oriented company.

I would take a guess that as long as they are moving merchandise, they will probably keep the episodes coming. (Just look at how long of a run the Michael Bay transformers movies is having.)

Judging by the new toys that they are coming out with (Nightmare Moon, DJ-Pon3, etc), I would say that Hasbro is very happy with the way that things are going right now. I really don't think that there is a possibility that Hasbro will let things end at 65 episodes. Not with the potential to make even more money pushing the current show's merchandise.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I would imagine you can expect quite a few more episodes than 13. Historically, Saturday Morning cartoons have a MUCH longer run than other shows, Batman The Animated Series had 65 episodes (The number needed to enter syndication). If we are looking at a run of 26 or so episodes for three seasons, that will get MLP into syndication, allowing the studio to make more money from the show.

Studio B won't let us down - there will be more than 13 episodes in season 3.

It's always nice knowing that there are more adventures over the horizon while watching a season finale. But then it makes it harder to say goodbye when it finally is time ;_;

This still holds true as I did not once feel an ounce of sadness today while watching the finale lol. *desperately clings onto the fact that there's still a season 3*

I highly doubt they would leave us with just 13 episodes.

They're probably going to give us a full season considering how much they love us~

Others have probably mentioned this, but cartoon shows usually have two different production periods in a single season. If they say that 13 shows are in production at the moment, that's probably the first 13 episodes of season 13, with 12-13 episodes awaiting production for the latter half of season 3. Young Justice has worked the exact same way; in fact, they had an annoyingly long production period between the release of the first half of season 1 and the release of the latter half of season 1, which, hopefully, will not be the case for MLP Season 3.

• Brohoof 1

AH WANT INFINITE PONIES! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END?

YOU STUDIO B MUST GIVE ME PONIES TILL IM BORED!

(I really don't care if its onlya 13 episode season as long as it isn't the last.)

Let's hope Hasbro aren't cheap jerks and will only pay for 13 more episodes just to reach the syndication minimum. It would be in their best business interest to keep the MLP gravy train going until the bronies stop caring which won't be for a while unless an egregious turn of events happens (like a Mane 6 getting killed/dead)

mlp is one of the highest viewed shows on the HUB, having it end early on would lead to a huge cut in viewer ratings severely

Hasbro would lose a lot of respect from fans if they ended the show after only 13 more episodes and would end one of the (in my opinion) best shows on current television

ending a show that has a large fan base as mlp does would be suicide in my opinion. if they are smart they won't end mlp for at least 3 more seasons and hopefully the show will keep going strong

thats what im worried about though. top draw animation revealed season 2 in its full episode list (24 confirmed plus the 2 part finale which would be 25 & 26) instead of showing a lower number then confirming the 24 episodes. that being said it looks like they only have 13 episodes planned. but i hope i'm wrong

I saw on EqD that some other Studio was recently developing a SET of S3 Episodes

But S3 Production started earlier by Studio B (according to the post)

Meaning that Studio B is making 13 epsidoes and Other Studio is amking 13 Episodes

Right? Right?