Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Although I would like to have the usual 26 episode season, I'm just happy that we will get our pony fix! I can live with 13, hope season 4 comes out faster in return.

• Brohoof 1

This had better not end like SatAM (Sonic the Hedgehog on Saturday mornings), where the final season effectively left everyone in the lurch. I hope there is a method to their madness, and that this isn't some ploy to get to the aforementioned 65 episode mark. Regardless, 13 episodes will trasnslate roughly into three months of ponies, leaving us with a sad Christmas present. On the other hoof, it may be an indication of a major story arc rather than episodic "slice-of-life" episodes.

It's a weird play. I wonder where they are going with it.

I was thinking something like this... The spoiler songs they released seem like they could be pretty significant story wise, almost like they're helping a whole new land be restored or something. I guess it could just be one episode but I could see them going around spreading the friendship to more places now or something

• Brohoof 1

As long as this isn't the end, I am fine, but if they are trying to tell us that this is the end, then I will be seriouslly pissed. I loved having 26 per season, so unless the episodes are fantastic, or maybe an hour long or something, or the next season comes insanely soon, then I will be pissed. Hopefully it just does mean season 4 will be out faster, or that the episodes will be better. Hopefully. I will miss thoses other 13 episodes though.

• Brohoof 2

I was thinking something like this... The spoiler songs they released seem like they could be pretty significant story wise, almost like they're helping a whole new land be restored or something. I guess it could just be one episode but I could see them going around spreading the friendship to more places now or something

That made me chuckle a bit. Although I'm certain it wasn't your intent, "spreading the friendship" sounds like some sort of fascist euphemism for conquering other countries.

Kidding aside, it does seem as if they're going to emphasize the story more than they usually do.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

That made me chuckle a bit. Although I'm certain it wasn't your intent, "spreading the friendship" sounds like some sort of fascist euphemism for conquering other countries.

Kidding aside, it does seem as if they're going to emphasize the story more than they usually do.

hahahahahahaha

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohps2nDs4C0

I hope so, an entire season dedicated to a real story arc would be a real first for any cartoon I've ever seen. It could prove to be pretty revolutionary if they actually did something like that. Though if they don't, I will still be satisfied with a few good songs here and there and some original stories that are just as good as the ones that got me watching the show to begin with.

Edited by Hollowshield

Having story arcs as opposed to stand-alone story episodes would be something I'm fine with, as long as each individual Mane 6 characters and of course, the main supporting characters, maintain the habit of having a focus in each individual episode. If they started doing story arcs, and the individual character-focus lost some momentum, that'd be a pretty retarded move. Identifiable, realistic characters is a huge part of this show, and taking that away to focus on extending plot (hehehehehe,SWAG) would urk me off.

• Brohoof 6

Well to me this either suggests that maybe the season will follow along a story arc, they're planning to have a spring season later, or both. I'm ok with this as long as they end up making more sooner, which they better, because I love this series and it would break my heart to see it end, or to have an extremely long wait between episodes... :(

Or maybe... there'll be 13 2 parters? I doubt it to the extreme, but it's just a thought. ;)

No....no, no no....this can't be happening. I really wish this weren't happening.

First off, it doesn't make sense why they would suddenly downgrade to half of the episodes, especially after the enormous success of the first two seasons. What on earth were they thinking? How could they let this happen? I'm very frustrated and confused about this, because it only boggles my mind to think of what caused them to decide this.

I honestly don't know how this can be good at all. I do not have a good feeling about it. I really wish things would make more sense here....

Just.....why?

• Brohoof 1

I do not like the fact that this next series will only have thirteen episodes because that is barely a season at all. The only way I think they could back it up is that there might not be left to do that involves friendships. I think they should go out to the fan base a bit more and have episodes dedicated to some of the major background characters or at least heavily involve them. By that I mean ponies such as Derpy (with the original voice and eyes that everypony loves and misses), Vinyl Scratch, maybe even Lyra and Bon Bon! Either way, I think they should have 26 episodes per season. Otherwise it sounds as if they are giving up in the eyes of the general public. The 26 episodes for each season were well written and are adored throughout the community and I think they should bring Lauren Faust back to her throne and help them during this mini-crisis. Thank you for your time.

|--(0)--|

techno915

• Brohoof 2

Counting from the season one and two and the planned three, there will be 65 episodes. That number somehow spells huge red DOOM on me.

65 episode

thats crazy bro

hahhah god i hope they dont end after 65. I seriously dont know if i can hang on to this community if they stop making the show.

I love mlp but i dont know how long ill be here once the show ends

Counting from the season one and two and the planned three, there will be 65 episodes. That number somehow spells huge red DOOM on me.

65 episode

Hey, there's an old MLP show listed within the shows that ended at 65 episodes.

Oh crap.

gyp9up8iuti7ytpoiu

• Brohoof 1

...the only way I think they could back it up is that there might not be left to do that involves friendships...

|--(0)--|

techno915

I disagree. I could think of many different friendship lessons the Mane Six could learn. It would be more fair to say that there would be no more friendship lessons that are straightforward enough for the target audience, but even then I thought that this show was premised on the belief that even they are more intelligent than network executives tend to believe.

thats crazy bro

hahhah god i hope they dont end after 65. I seriously dont know if i can hang on to this community if they stop making the show.

I love mlp but i dont know how long ill be here once the show ends

The main reason that I'm confident that the show won't end at 65 episodes is that the limit is mostly a Disney trend, and of course that the show is too popular to have it end so early.

(edited)

1st: MY hype of season 3 just got cut

2nd: People who say that now the show will be 2x better are way too optimistic. It going to be better because its the third season, they are probably are not going to try harder because its been cut but because they have more experience.

3rd: The whole waiting speculation is just speculation. Plus, 13 episodes plus waiting time still isn't a good deal. :(

4th: If there is a bad/mediocre episode, the fandoms going to probably be pissed.

5th: Less ponies :(

6th: In conclusion. I hate this.

7th: Last thing, season 3 is done, however they are still working on the show...

Edited by Bandana RaccoonBLee
  • Brohoof 5

The main reason that I'm confident that the show won't end at 65 episodes is that the limit is mostly a Disney trend, and of course that the show is too popular to have it end so early.

not only that, they have a new writer and this was decided after the season 3 voice recordings started. So I am very sure there are going to be more episodes.
  • Brohoof 2

There's still a possibility that after this short season, they will make a new setting for MLP:FiM.

At the end of season 3, the finale closed in, all the problems solved, then they will introduce something new for the next season. It could be the fourth season will be focused on the now grown up CMC, or even a whole adventure of a new set of ponies.

Or maybe the fifth generation. Posted Image

I would also like say one thing. This is also bad seasons wise.

If the show decided to end at 4 seasons now...Then that would mean it would have ended 3 seasons if done normally. And if it ends at season 5, then it ends at season 3 and a half. This gets even worse. :(

I'm confident enough in Hasbro to be not stupid enough to cancel the series until at least 5 seasons have gone by.

Maybe there's only 13 episodes because there's going to be a movie?

And then this guy would be the movie's villain.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/198/1/5/season_3_villain_by_zutheskunk-d57iun5.png

No, I think he'll definitely be the villian in at least the first 2 episodes like usual, or maybe even a recurring one, if there's a story arc that is. :huh:

hahahahahahaha

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohps2nDs4C0

OH DEAR NOT THIS..

Haha anyways, I really hope that another 13 episodes are going to come afterwards and there probably will. But I still fear that the show might end after those for some reason :L

This pulls a hole into my heart, as my gut saying, "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!" and my brain is like, "give it a chance, It might not turn out as bad." then my soul is like, "This is going to end in horrible pain.... unless it continues with a 4th season."

I am not liking the 13 episode season, I demand more ponies *sour face* Mighty Faust don't fail us now.