Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

link to the EQD post? what other studio is working on S3?

I don't really have the link on me and I'd have to search for the post.

But I do remember it saying that a studio, can't remember the name, is producing 13 episodes

I'll look for it later

This show still has a lot of life left in it and truth be told, is only just beginning. The cultural impact is still on the rise, making headline after headline and it's clearly Hub's #1 show... so... MLP isn't going anywhere and will get complete seasons. I would love for it to go infinitely BUT I will settle for 5 seasons. 5 is a good number. And truthfully, if a series goes too long it often wears itself thin. Better to go out on top.

Given the choice, I would prefer a series that has 65 great episodes to a series that keeps on going until it's totally out of ideas.

Sometimes a series can stretch on too long and lose its sparkle, and an end is a good thing. Like how Bill Watterson ended Calvin and Hobbes suddenly so it wouldn't eventually turn into a Garfield.

I think the best would be if season 3 had a continuity through its 13 episodes that built up to a feature film conclusion that wraps up the story completely.

I don't really have the link on me and I'd have to search for the post.

But I do remember it saying that a studio, can't remember the name, is producing 13 episodes

I'll look for it later

That would be Top Drawn Animation, ive seen that article too. Many assume that Hasbro has split production of 26 episodes between DHX/TDA (or to just speed up the first 13). I'll wait on an official statement first. Still, i really cant imagine S3 just having 13 episodes at this stage of show recognition and TV ratings and its ever growing fan community... Anyways, its the one on the very top on this website.

http://topdrawanimation.com/production.htm

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys but the story is that when season 2 was made the hub ordered 1 and a half seasons from

hasbro. that way syndication could be reached lauren faust only declared half was done that means the

other half is still under construction.

PLUS !! the show has made a ton of money and with all the brony tshirts wristbands and jackets the franchise is more popular than ever !!

;) dont worry bronies there will be plenty mlp to come !!!!

Why do I have the feeling some bad is gonna happen during S3?

"Not true, we are still working on Season 3. Thats all I will say.

Are they hiding somthing? Maybe its me, but sounds a little suspicious

If he says anything more, he will be held accountable for Official Statements on Behalf of Hasbro, which oversteps most employees' authority. In addtion, such statements violate Non-disclosure agreements.

Man I hope so, it would be such a shame to end it after only three seasons. I would think that there's still plenty of stories to tell about the mane 6, it would just be a matter of convincing whoever is involved to give everything the go-ahead.

Personally, I think the show has many more years ahead of it. The studio and Hasbro would be stupid to stop at 65. I mean, the fanbase has done nothing but grow. the more fans there are, the more toys get sold. Even if they did end it, fangroups are creating their own full episodes, so it's likely that even after the end, there will still be new content.

long story short, you people worry too much.

• Brohoof 1

Well my question is "Is season 3 in production? so that there will be a shorter down time? as in inbetween seasons?"

Season 3 is currently in production right now. And its aproximated that the "down time" will be around... 4-5 months or so, but keep in mind, the longer they work on the season, the better the quality will be ;)

• 1 month later...

Acording to a post on EQD,

Meghan McCarthy has confirmed that there will only be 13 episodes of season 3, witch is half of what the normal seasons run for.

There is a lot of speculations that could be made from this, like if this means that episodes are goning to be even better, or even a smaller gap between seasons!

Many are disappointed by this matter, obviously this means less pony for us, but I doubt that they are just doing this out of the blue, there has to be a reason why they would cut the season in half life that, so I come to you guys, what do you think of all this?

Me personally, I think that there is gonna be a huge cliffhanger on the last episode that we will have to wait until season 4 to see, and the gap is gonna be smaller between seasons.

What do you guys think though? Do you believe this is a good thing, or a bad one? Leave your comments below!

-Marco.P

(edited)

I loved how it had so many episodes per season... Now I'm sad... Hopefully they bring the next season faster. And there better be musical numbers for every episode now...

This is unacceptable. After EVERYTHING I'VE DONE FOR MY LITTLE PONY and this is how they repay me. Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 15

If this doesn't mean less time in between seasons I'll be pissed. Because you don't get much better "quality" than ponies. Unless we get more Octavia or Fallout Equestria Octavia.

Well I for one can't wait to see what they do. I'm a little disappointed that it will only be 13 episodes, but this could be for the better. Shorter season= more work done on each episode so I will anxiously wait for the outcome.

I think the wating was long enough as to have a full-lenth season

But i try to take it easy and think the episodes will be better, smaller gap between seasons, maybe even a movie....

• Brohoof 3

Half of me is suspicious of this move, because I was quite confident that the staff could create very good episodes without having to cut the season in half, especially since the previous episodes already give them so much to work with now that they've developed the Mane Six and Equestria quite a bit.

But I can give it a shot. It's very likely that the quality of the episodes will indeed be better, and there is nothing to suggest it will all end there.

This had better not end like SatAM (Sonic the Hedgehog on Saturday mornings), where the final season effectively left everyone in the lurch. I hope there is a method to their madness, and that this isn't some ploy to get to the aforementioned 65 episode mark. Regardless, 13 episodes will trasnslate roughly into three months of ponies, leaving us with a sad Christmas present. On the other hoof, it may be an indication of a major story arc rather than episodic "slice-of-life" episodes.

It's a weird play. I wonder where they are going with it.

• Brohoof 4

Eh, the pony train is far too powerful for this to mean anything truly bad, so in the end, I'm just gonna wait and see, because there indeed must be a reason why they're deciding to slice season three's amount in half. Whether that means a movie in the future, 'better' quality episodes, or a shorter distance between less bulky seasons, we'll just have to be patient.

Me personally, I get my joy from the fanbase as well, so any new pony is good pony. The fanbase makes the most of each and every episode, so in the end, everything is still going great. Just appears to be a change in gears, is all, from less bulky to thinner.

• Brohoof 2

I hope it means there will be what I've always wanted in season three:

A whole episode devoted to Rainbow Dash going completely insane because of another poison joke incident, and all the mane six and even Zecora are truly terrified of her, and then Scootaloo steps up and very bravely sats this whole thing strat and gets her cutie mark in bravery.

• Brohoof 1