gaming Games that deserve a remake/reboot

Strafe

What games do you think had a good idea that need resurfacing or maybe a really good old game that could use a good sequel or reboot.

personally I think Jurassic Park: Warpath needs a remake, this game had a great idea.

Another game that should get a remake is Medievil.

Edited by Strafe
  • Brohoof 3

Medievil did get a remake actually. It was for the PSP.

I would say Blackthorne could use a remake for sure. I love a lot of games but Blackthorne and Wild Guns are the only two that I would really want a remake for personally.

Wild Guns would be perfect with the Wii where you can control with the nunchuck and aim with the Wiimote.

Blackthorne, I just want it to be easier to control. xD

Blaster Master for the Super Nintendo. If you played this game you would know why they need a remake.

post-1372-0-29695800-1330023859_thumb.jpg

I've never played this game but I do have Blaster Master Overdrive on my Wii but I'm not sure if it's a remake or just a tribute to the original.

Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the MSX would be great candidates for remakes.

Oh yeah, these too. I find it hard to play the originals because they are SO oldschool they don't have proper detection.

Oh yeah, these too. I find it hard to play the originals because they are SO oldschool they don't have proper detection.

I was able to beat both of them, but needed a FAQ to help me at times. Metal Gear 2 is actually a really good game, but it has some really annoying sections that bring it down a bit.

I had to think about this one for a while, most of the games I enjoyed were redone like Klonoa. Perhaps Megaman Legends 1&2, Capcom as going to make a third game but they cancelled it because they hate money.

Edited by ScottishUnicorn
  • Brohoof 1

I was able to beat both of them, but needed a FAQ to help me at times. Metal Gear 2 is actually a really good game, but it has some really annoying sections that bring it down a bit.

Those were the hardcore metal gear days, I remember beating mg1 and 2 on mgs3 subsistence, it was so hard.

• Brohoof 1

Hellz yeah. If only LoD would at least come to PSN so I can play it properly without having to mess with my super scratched discs. D:

Lucky me than, I was actually able to find a slightly used copy on ebay for just 4 Dollars and free shipping. That was the smartest buy I have ever made.

I'm sure we'd all like to see Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Anniversary

Turning Point Fall of Liberty could use a remake.

The game had good ideas and for an FPS it was pretty unique but ultimately fell flat on it's face.

I'd much prefer to see EA get this game remade than them resurrecting the Medal of Honor series.

Majora's Mask 3D must be made.

There is a large fan-following who are planning to encourage Nintendo for a Majora's Mask 3DS release. The name of this group?

Operation Moonfall

------------

I know ONE game that deserves a remake absolutely.

Eternal Champions

Posted Image

Sega's answer to Mortal Kombat, released on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and on the Sega CD with some enhancements. The game was awesome for its character roster, each of them being from a different part of human history, wrongfully murdered before they were able to change the world for the greater good.

Posted Image

The controls unfortunately sucked BAD on the Genesis/Mega Drive, but the game was surprisingly a lot better on the Sega CD with a few new characters, an AWESOME soundtrack, and a better control layout. It was also INCREDIBLY violent, and since it was all in 2D unlike the faux-3D of Mortal Kombat, it was EXTREMELY gory with THREE DIFFERENT KIND OF FINISHERS.

The stage kill known as Overkill, the personal fatality known as Vendetta, and the extra-special death I forget the name of that was a crappy CGI death in the Sega CD version.

Spoilering this picture because it's quite bloody.

Posted Image

Yeah...I DEFINITELY want this game to be remade.

Majora's Mask 3D must be made.

I'd much rather have Majora's Mask remade for the Wii U.

Because OOT3D wasn't a remake, it was a remastered port, and I'd rather see Majora's Mask, my favorite Zelda game, get a better treatment. $40 is too much for a 13-year old game with updated textures. Sorry, it just is.

We need a good 2-D sidescroller Metroid for the Wii-U/3DS.

I mean, I love Metroid Prime as much as the next guy, but it dosen't even begin to compare with Super Metroid.

Majora's Mask 3D would be nice too.