gaming Games that deserve a remake/reboot

Strafe

We need a good 2-D sidescroller Metroid for the Wii-U/3DS.

I mean, I love Metroid Prime as much as the next guy, but it dosen't even begin to compare with Super Metroid.

Majora's Mask 3D would be nice too.

As far as classic Metroid goes I'd say Zero Mission and Fusion are much better than Super Metroid. (Though I still love SM anyway)

As far as classic Metroid goes I'd say Zero Mission and Fusion are much better than Super Metroid. (Though I still love SM anyway)

I love ZM and Fusion, but I prefer Super Metroid, for various reasons.

Jet Set Radio Future needs a sequel! It is the one game in my childhood that I literally played non-stop and it's such a shame to see it nearly abandoned completely. It had brilliant music composed by Hideki Naganuma (Who also did the songs for Sonic Rush for which he was awarded for), it had a unique plot and it was just plain fun to mess about with!

Posted Image

Any JSR(F) fans out there, please raise your hand/hoof!

EDIT: ZOMG!!!1!!11! JSR is coming to PSN! I'M ECSTATIC! :D :D :D

Edited by LMW-YBC
  • Brohoof 1

We need more dinosaur games period.

If i can only pic 1 game for a remake or reboot it would be

Posted Image

You know, I'd love to see all of the PS1 Capcom survival horror games to be remade with totally new controls. Like RE4. I don't necessarily mean making it more action oriented just making it easier to control. I personally feel that the tank controls and fixed camera angles hold back the experience rather than helping it. They make it frustratingly hard. That combined with enemies with stupid hit boxes make them even harder than they need to be. Horror should be more about the atmosphere, not restricting the player to the point of frustration imo.

• Brohoof 1

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. I own all three. The first one was the best, imo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes I couldn't agree more :D those games were AWESOME! I think I might even still have the first one somewhere...

Anyway, another game I hope they remake is Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. Imo, those are the two best Pokemon games to date and I think they deserve some new graphics and access to the new pokemon. :)

Chrono Trigger, Body Harvest, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Iron Empire, and Evo.

Well, it isn't a remake exactly, but if you haven't played Chrono Cross, then you should definitely give it a shot. It is is the successor to the first game and it is amazing. You either need a PS1 or an emulator to play it though.

Also.... In my opinion, I think that the first and second paper mario games are excellent successors to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. There are actually seven stars in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, heh. The plotlines for both games are eerily similar.

If you enjoyed Super Mario RPG, then you will REALLY enjoy paper Mario. Though, once again, you'll need either a gamecube or an emulator. You can run it on the dolphin emulator on a large number of computer systems though. Give it a shot!

Anyone here played Jet Force Gemini for the N64? I'd love a remake of that.

Also, I was one of the few who had a Sega Saturn as a child, so I remember many games from it, but since hardly anyone else owned a Saturn, people don't know about any of the games I'd be talking about... so gaming companies probably wouldn't make a lot of money remaking most of these games. :/

• Brohoof 1

Anyone here played Jet Force Gemini for the N64? I'd love a remake of that.

Also, I was one of the few who had a Sega Saturn as a child, so I remember many games from it, but since hardly anyone else owned a Saturn, people don't know about any of the games I'd be talking about... so gaming companies probably wouldn't make a lot of money remaking most of these games. :/

Jet force was an amazing game. Also wasnt a game called knights on saturn with like a purple girl for the main character?

Anyone remember this little franchise?

Posted Image

I don't know about other people, but I think Legacy of Kain needs revival. Or at least a final game. x3

Edited by Jadefire

Well, it isn't a remake exactly, but if you haven't played Chrono Cross, then you should definitely give it a shot. It is is the successor to the first game and it is amazing. You either need a PS1 or an emulator to play it though.

Also.... In my opinion, I think that the first and second paper mario games are excellent successors to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. There are actually seven stars in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, heh. The plotlines for both games are eerily similar.

If you enjoyed Super Mario RPG, then you will REALLY enjoy paper Mario. Though, once again, you'll need either a gamecube or an emulator. You can run it on the dolphin emulator on a large number of computer systems though. Give it a shot!

(Ha, late reply) Actually, I've played and beaten the paper Mario games, and even replayed them a couple of times. But those are successors, and were talking about remakes. I want to see that classic game in Wii graphics. I actually haven't played Chrono Cross yet, was thinking of emulate playing it. Eh why not (off to google)

• 2 months later...

Posted Image

This was a game on the PC, and it was great. It was basically an adventure game similar to Myst or Escape from Monkey Island, and the plot and setting felt like it was film noir. A reboot of this franchise would be the best thing ever.

Posted Image

I'm not talking about a new Phantasy Star Online or Universe game here, or the current portable renditions of them. I'm talking about a return to the original plotline of the Phantasy Star series, either as an enhanced port or a sequel/prequel. I think this would work well on a portable console such as the PSP, Vita, or 3DS. (The first two games of the series actually did get enhanced remakes earlier in the PSP's life, but of course those never reached America.)

Posted Image

OK, so this is a newer game, but it needs to come to America, like, right now. It is the most ambitious game Namco Tales Studio has ever done, and is certainly the most beautiful.

• Brohoof 1

Chrono Trigger has been remade on the DS, with an extra ending. It's pretty rare though.

A Majora's Mask remake would be awesome. Also, the pikmin series was amazing and deserves a sequel on the Wii U :lol:

A Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake would be great. I loved Emerald and if you added 5th gen graphics and music then I'd camp out to get it. Another one is Sonic Adventure 2, if that had modren graphics and all the other bells and whistles we have now it would be amazing.