Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Gathering Of The Heroes (Still Accepting!)

CornBreadGang

Fully appreciated, if you don't mind my asking, are you guys fighting in the Rainbow factory? And if so, how are the Earth ponies up there?

I read the last four pages trying to get caught up, but didn't exactly know where you guys were fighting until after I started my post and fireblaze mentioned Rainbow factory.

Edited by Cranium Tyranus

Fully appreciated, if you don't mind my asking, are you guys fighting in the Rainbow factory? And if so, how are the Earth ponies up there?

I read the last four pages trying to get caught up, but didn't exactly know where you guys were fighting until after I started my post and fireblaze mentioned Rainbow factory.

If it helps a little bit, seeing as you posted a little already, we got there by way of magic for the heroes,

And the villains got there by way of Sombra's power

• 4 weeks later...

@@super2379,

Heya, I was also wondering, could I bring a multiverse character in? The will still be a pony, but from more of an Alternate future.

here he is, I wish to offer him as a villain, as for how he got in this universe, perhaps Sombra could summon him, and he will believe Sombra to be the God-Emperor 

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/blood-rift-r5365

@@super2379, Heya, I was also wondering, could I bring a multiverse character in? The will still be a pony, but from more of an Alternate future.here he is, I wish to offer him as a villain, as for how he got in this universe, perhaps Sombra could summon him, and he will believe Sombra to be the God-Emperor  http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/blood-rift-r5365

Sure! You can add him in.

I'd like to join this actually, I could use some more roleplaying to get my mind off some things. My character would be of Earth, so he won't be a pony. Is this ok?

Also, I know that the title says apps are still open, but I just want to make sure that this is still going on since the RP seems pretty far advanced. How active is this usually by the way?

I'd like to join this actually, I could use some more roleplaying to get my mind off some things. My character would be of Earth, so he won't be a pony. Is this ok?

Also, I know that the title says apps are still open, but I just want to make sure that this is still going on since the RP seems pretty far advanced. How active is this usually by the way?

you can join, and yes, we are far in. I recently rebooted the RP, hoping for new members. No luck. Until now. This RP is mild to moderate when it comes to how many people post. It would be amazing if bothers knew and could join, yet it's not known. Shame.

Anyways, you can join.

Well, here is the character I typically use for "hero" RPs. I do realize that the character is rather powerful, but considering Equestria is filled with powerful mages and monsters, seems only fair to give him more of a fighting chance. Don't worry though, I've worked with this character in other RPs and have never had anyone get on my case for OPness. However, if you feel changes must be made, do tell.

Now cue epic long text:

Name: Scipio Kathar

Alias: Abaddon

Appearance 1 (as human): Scipio stands around 5'10" and has a strong body build to back up his already powerful, well carried presence. He is reasonably handsome, bearing a light to medium brown skin tone and dark brown eyes. To add to his attractive features, Scipio has medium length, curly black hair. He also typically wears dark colors of clothing, mostly black and red, although he sometimes wears blue as well.

Appearance 2 (as symbiote Abaddon): Whenever Scipio uses his symbiote to become his "other self", Abaddon, his appearance drastically changes to look nothing short of a demon. The symbiote completely covers his body and visage, giving his being the primary color of pitch black. Abaddon's black body also has some streaks and patterns of crimson red which mainly run along his arms, legs, body, and back. Abaddon also bears a larger, secondary fanged mouth on his torso, and also acquires razor sharp fangs and claws and forms several sharp tendrils from his back. In addition, his posture becomes more feral, even to the point where Abaddon can comfortably move around on all fours.

Abilities

Scipio's bond with a powerful alien symbiote has endowed him with numerous abilities. Both his physical abilities and his senses are enhanced to a superhuman level (ex: enhanced strength, speed, agility, endurance, perception, intelligence, etc), making him a deadly physical combatant. To add to this, Scipio can alter the symbiote's being to form extra appendages, blades and other weapons, extra fangs and tendrils. He can even alter his own being to become that of the symbiote's amorphous form. In all, Scipio's symbiotic bond and abilities are a force to be reckoned with by even the most powerful and skilled of mutants and those connected to the supernatural alike...

Scipio's abilities do not end with advanced symbiosis however, because he has acquired the means to wield great dark power from a different realm entirely. He can use this power to create surges of an overwhelming energy which can potentially obliterate any target it comes into contact with. This energy also has the added effect of distorting most magical and energy fields, and can also be manipulated to fuse with his claws or to become a protective aura around Scipio. Drawing deeper into his dark powers and knowledge, Scipio can even merge the current area of the realm he is in with that of the Dark Realm from which his powers originates, twisting the area into a literal "living" nightmare.

Weaknesses

Abaddon is weak to intense heat and sound, powerful surges of electricity, and forms of light magic.

Personality: Scipio is very intelligent, and despite his backstory, can be quite the happy guy, often making jokes and witty comments of everything. He has also been described as fun and interesting... Things are all good and well for the most part, but Scipio's lighthearted nature is often intertwined with his darker side. His darker side isn't the typical angry, brooding type (though it can be), but is more morbid, sadistic and insane in a humorous sort of way. This side is most definitely elaborated on by the symbiote, and when brought out, it can definitely make others think that he's not really all that good in the head (which for all intents and purposes, is kind of true). There is more to delve into his persona however, although how much of it he reveals to others and even himself is still yet to be seen.

Backstory

In truth, Scipio did not originate from any kind of "extreme" background. He was well raised by his parents, lived in a decent area, and was successful in both his advanced Academics and sports. He didn't really have much to complain about, but this did not stop him from developing some internal issues. For one, he was actually dissatisfied with himself, mainly his "humanity". Scipio felt that his body and mind were limited by his humanity, and seeing the emergence of superheroes and supervillains alike only made his yearning for a raising of his nature even stronger. He was also quite lonely, suffering heartbreak and believing that his "friends" were nothing but fluff, mere acquaintances around him to just give him the chance to open his mouth and speak to someone for once. Dissatisfaction, bouts of rage and depression, all these factors are what made the alien symbiote become so attracted to him, and when it did finally show itself to its potential host, Scipio more than willingly bonded with it. Cutting a deep gash across his chest (particularly along the area of his heart), the two quickly developed a strong, highly advanced bond, the symbiote, as Scipio puts it, "truly raising his nature and eating away his pathetic humanity". Having also been imparted with all the acquired knowledge of the symbiote, Scipio quickly surpassed and completed his academics, although this was "nothing to him and only done to feign normality and please his parents". Once he moved out, Scipio decided to actually take up the work of a "superhero", believing that his knowledge and power should be used as such. However, if he was going to do this, he was going to do it his own way, becoming more of a feared Anti-Hero than a beloved and sought for Superhero....

Months after his uptaking of his anti-heroic role in the world, the realm of Scipio's world itself was threatened by the emergence of a being simply known as "The Dark Entity". Coming from a completely different, nightmarish realm, this being was bent on combining its own realm with Scipio's, and it was powerful enough that a temporary group of supers and villains were formed to fight back its invasion. On a close one-on-one fight, The Dark Entity gained the upperhand on Abaddon and cast him into its dark realm, believing it would be amusing to find this troublesome foe be victimized and tortured by the horrors of  the dark realm. However, Abaddon tore his way through this nightmarish world, eventually reaching the Citadel of The Dark Entity where he gorged his mind on all of the dark knowledge and powers that were locked away in there. Making his way back to his world, Abaddon was amused to find that The Dark Entity had subdued nearly all of the ones fighting against him, but was just as quickly enraged to find his world slowly being overtaken the dark realm. Abaddon eventually bested The Dark Entity, gladly taking the rest of his abilities and taking his position and authority over the realm from which it came, now known as "Gehenna"....

As for the symbiote, it is really quite ancient, being several millennia old (Scipio approximates it to be at least 2000 years old). This longevity was not used idly by it, as it spent its entire life bonding to a variety of different hosts from other planets and galaxies. Its unions with numerous hosts and exposure to different environments have allowed it to become one of the most powerful members of its race, the benefits it confers to its host being significantly more potent and numerous than most symbioses, and its own adaptability and resilience being increased as well. Its journeys to other worlds have allowed it to gain much knowledge. Its departure into other worlds is not without explanation though. Years ago when it was still just a "fledgling", a race of curious aliens visited its planet to study it and the things living there, perhaps in hopes of increasing relations with other life forms or to find a new place to live. These aliens were rather appalled to find the vicious symbiotes there, and quickly left. The "Abaddon Symbiote" (along with several others at the time), became stowaways on the several spacecrafts of the alien race, thus allowing it to bond with a host and take its first "steps" into its travels through the universe...

Well, here is the character I typically use for "hero" RPs. I do realize that the character is rather powerful, but considering Equestria is filled with powerful mages and monsters, seems only fair to give him more of a fighting chance. Don't worry though, I've worked with this character in other RPs and have never had anyone get on my case for OPness. However, if you feel changes must be made, do tell.

Now cue epic long text:

Name: Scipio Kathar

Alias: Abaddon

Appearance 1 (as human): Scipio stands around 5'10" and has a strong body build to back up his already powerful, well carried presence. He is reasonably handsome, bearing a light to medium brown skin tone and dark brown eyes. To add to his attractive features, Scipio has medium length, curly black hair. He also typically wears dark colors of clothing, mostly black and red, although he sometimes wears blue as well.

Appearance 2 (as symbiote Abaddon): Whenever Scipio uses his symbiote to become his "other self", Abaddon, his appearance drastically changes to look nothing short of a demon. The symbiote completely covers his body and visage, giving his being the primary color of pitch black. Abaddon's black body also has some streaks and patterns of crimson red which mainly run along his arms, legs, body, and back. Abaddon also bears a larger, secondary fanged mouth on his torso, and also acquires razor sharp fangs and claws and forms several sharp tendrils from his back. In addition, his posture becomes more feral, even to the point where Abaddon can comfortably move around on all fours.

Abilities

Scipio's bond with a powerful alien symbiote has endowed him with numerous abilities. Both his physical abilities and his senses are enhanced to a superhuman level (ex: enhanced strength, speed, agility, endurance, perception, intelligence, etc), making him a deadly physical combatant. To add to this, Scipio can alter the symbiote's being to form extra appendages, blades and other weapons, extra fangs and tendrils. He can even alter his own being to become that of the symbiote's amorphous form. In all, Scipio's symbiotic bond and abilities are a force to be reckoned with by even the most powerful and skilled of mutants and those connected to the supernatural alike...

Scipio's abilities do not end with advanced symbiosis however, because he has acquired the means to wield great dark power from a different realm entirely. He can use this power to create surges of an overwhelming energy which can potentially obliterate any target it comes into contact with. This energy also has the added effect of distorting most magical and energy fields, and can also be manipulated to fuse with his claws or to become a protective aura around Scipio. Drawing deeper into his dark powers and knowledge, Scipio can even merge the current area of the realm he is in with that of the Dark Realm from which his powers originates, twisting the area into a literal "living" nightmare.

Weaknesses

Abaddon is weak to intense heat and sound, powerful surges of electricity, and forms of light magic.

Personality: Scipio is very intelligent, and despite his backstory, can be quite the happy guy, often making jokes and witty comments of everything. He has also been described as fun and interesting... Things are all good and well for the most part, but Scipio's lighthearted nature is often intertwined with his darker side. His darker side isn't the typical angry, brooding type (though it can be), but is more morbid, sadistic and insane in a humorous sort of way. This side is most definitely elaborated on by the symbiote, and when brought out, it can definitely make others think that he's not really all that good in the head (which for all intents and purposes, is kind of true). There is more to delve into his persona however, although how much of it he reveals to others and even himself is still yet to be seen.

Backstory

In truth, Scipio did not originate from any kind of "extreme" background. He was well raised by his parents, lived in a decent area, and was successful in both his advanced Academics and sports. He didn't really have much to complain about, but this did not stop him from developing some internal issues. For one, he was actually dissatisfied with himself, mainly his "humanity". Scipio felt that his body and mind were limited by his humanity, and seeing the emergence of superheroes and supervillains alike only made his yearning for a raising of his nature even stronger. He was also quite lonely, suffering heartbreak and believing that his "friends" were nothing but fluff, mere acquaintances around him to just give him the chance to open his mouth and speak to someone for once. Dissatisfaction, bouts of rage and depression, all these factors are what made the alien symbiote become so attracted to him, and when it did finally show itself to its potential host, Scipio more than willingly bonded with it. Cutting a deep gash across his chest (particularly along the area of his heart), the two quickly developed a strong, highly advanced bond, the symbiote, as Scipio puts it, "truly raising his nature and eating away his pathetic humanity". Having also been imparted with all the acquired knowledge of the symbiote, Scipio quickly surpassed and completed his academics, although this was "nothing to him and only done to feign normality and please his parents". Once he moved out, Scipio decided to actually take up the work of a "superhero", believing that his knowledge and power should be used as such. However, if he was going to do this, he was going to do it his own way, becoming more of a feared Anti-Hero than a beloved and sought for Superhero....

Months after his uptaking of his anti-heroic role in the world, the realm of Scipio's world itself was threatened by the emergence of a being simply known as "The Dark Entity". Coming from a completely different, nightmarish realm, this being was bent on combining its own realm with Scipio's, and it was powerful enough that a temporary group of supers and villains were formed to fight back its invasion. On a close one-on-one fight, The Dark Entity gained the upperhand on Abaddon and cast him into its dark realm, believing it would be amusing to find this troublesome foe be victimized and tortured by the horrors of  the dark realm. However, Abaddon tore his way through this nightmarish world, eventually reaching the Citadel of The Dark Entity where he gorged his mind on all of the dark knowledge and powers that were locked away in there. Making his way back to his world, Abaddon was amused to find that The Dark Entity had subdued nearly all of the ones fighting against him, but was just as quickly enraged to find his world slowly being overtaken the dark realm. Abaddon eventually bested The Dark Entity, gladly taking the rest of his abilities and taking his position and authority over the realm from which it came, now known as "Gehenna"....

As for the symbiote, it is really quite ancient, being several millennia old (Scipio approximates it to be at least 2000 years old). This longevity was not used idly by it, as it spent its entire life bonding to a variety of different hosts from other planets and galaxies. Its unions with numerous hosts and exposure to different environments have allowed it to become one of the most powerful members of its race, the benefits it confers to its host being significantly more potent and numerous than most symbioses, and its own adaptability and resilience being increased as well. Its journeys to other worlds have allowed it to gain much knowledge. Its departure into other worlds is not without explanation though. Years ago when it was still just a "fledgling", a race of curious aliens visited its planet to study it and the things living there, perhaps in hopes of increasing relations with other life forms or to find a new place to live. These aliens were rather appalled to find the vicious symbiotes there, and quickly left. The "Abaddon Symbiote" (along with several others at the time), became stowaways on the several spacecrafts of the alien race, thus allowing it to bond with a host and take its first "steps" into its travels through the universe...

This is awesome!

Of course he's in! :)

Sweet! I'm glad you liked him.

Now seeing as how this pretty far advanced, I wouldn't mind just getting thrown into the fray of a battle (or at least a place with some baddies running about). The cause for Scipio's emergence in Equestria could be a result of him traversing the supernatural realms in search for more dark knowledge. As he did this, the influence of Sombra somehow pulled him into Equestria.

Yeah, something along those lines. You can actually feel free to make a post dropping him into a place, that way I can immediately get to writing his reaction and the good stuff xD.

Oh this could turn out with a alien and a space marine having a duel, interesting.

indeed it would be. ;)

Sweet! I'm glad you liked him.

Now seeing as how this pretty far advanced, I wouldn't mind just getting thrown into the fray of a battle (or at least a place with some baddies running about). The cause for Scipio's emergence in Equestria could be a result of him traversing the supernatural realms in search for more dark knowledge. As he did this, the influence of Sombra somehow pulled him into Equestria.

Yeah, something along those lines. You can actually feel free to make a post dropping him into a place, that way I can immediately get to writing his reaction and the good stuff xD.

I'll do so as quickly as I possibly can. :)
  • Brohoof 1

Oh this could turn out with a alien and a space marine having a duel, interesting.

I've actually thought about him squaring it off against space mercs and soldiers. Considering he is a rather... infamous hero, and the symbiote is a powerful creature that has affected numerous beings throughout the galaxy, it is actually quite plausible if this space marine had knowledge of at least the symbiote, and depending on his reaction, this could make way for a battle.

Who is this marine btw?

@,

He is an Ultramarine from the Warhammer universe. These guys are know for taking on Legions of Chaos soldiers, and coming out unsaved, so don't underestimate him xD.

His Visor will probably label your character as a Chaos, so he might attack preemptively.

If your curious, this is what the human version looks like http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zoUcBxJW7kc/TQZqoe_GLvI/AAAAAAAAH3Y/RJldwF0MvlY/s1600/UltraMarines_2nd_Trailer_01.jpg

@,

He is an Ultramarine from the Warhammer universe. These guys are know for taking on Legions of Chaos soldiers, and coming out unsaved, so don't underestimate him xD.

His Visor will probably label your character as a Chaos, so he might attack preemptively.

If your curious, this is what the human version looks like http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zoUcBxJW7kc/TQZqoe_GLvI/AAAAAAAAH3Y/RJldwF0MvlY/s1600/UltraMarines_2nd_Trailer_01.jpg

Sweet, a character like this is usually what I've imagined Abaddon going up against. Don't underestimate Abaddon either though xD!

@

I've made the first post for you, so you're ready to begin.

Posted! A bit of a long response, but I hope its good!

Sweet, a character like this is usually what I've imagined Abaddon going up against. Don't underestimate Abaddon either though xD!

Posted! A bit of a long response, but I hope its good!

Good? That was great!

I have a feeling you'll be one of the greatest additions to the RP yet! :D

@

(\ _ /)

(='..'=)

('')_('')

This cat even approves of the post.

• Brohoof 1

Yay, I feel loved xD!
I hope I can contribute to the RP in any way I can and make it interesting for others. I don't think there will even be a problem with the fact I have no idea what's happened so far in the RP. Abaddon was dragged into Equestria unknowingly right? Meaning he wouldn't have any idea what's going on either. It'll be kind of like an RPG, media res style. Just learn about what's going as you progress, and make choices, good or bad, based on what you learn about the world.

Yay, I feel loved xD!

I hope I can contribute to the RP in any way I can and make it interesting for others. I don't think there will even be a problem with the fact I have no idea what's happened so far in the RP. Abaddon was dragged into Equestria unknowingly right? Meaning he wouldn't have any idea what's going on either. It'll be kind of like an RPG, media res style. Just learn about what's going as you progress, and make choices, good or bad, based on what you learn about the world.

That was the purpose of the RP, so, as I say, you're absolutely correct!

Allow me to say formally now, welcome to Gathering of the Heroes!

That was the purpose of the RP, so, as I say, you're absolutely correct!

Allow me to say formally now, welcome to Gathering of the Heroes!

Awesome :D! I'm glad to be in it, I can tell this'll be one of the good RPs I've participated in!

• Brohoof 1