Halloween Pony Art, any feedback please?

Aisling Ink

So here is another work I made for Nightmare Night, I tried coloring the whole thing in a different way from usual. But I can't really say I'm satisfied...I know it's a lot about practicing but is there anyone who could give me some tips or thoughts about this? Thanks so much in advance and Happy Nightmare Night everypony!

happy_nightmare_night__by_aislingink-d6s

• Brohoof 10

I personally think it looks fantastic! I can't see way you wouldn't be satisfied, though I'm no artist. You should be proud of this and cherish it. Happy Nightmare Night!

Why thank you! I will sure cherish it more :) as an artist I always push myself to get better...sometimes a bit too much and I end up not enjoying my works...

Thanks again!

Well I for one love it! The colors are nice, the cutie make looks great too! she just screams Nightmare Night! I really like the pumpkin, love that smile! over all its great!

Oh and here you are! Happy Nightmare Night!

post-16621-0-45639100-1383165376_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

This is BRILLIANT 

quite the talent you have there

this is really good :3 added to my favorites biggrin.png

what do you use to draw these ? 

Thanks! *blush*

I make the sketch on paper and then "redraw" the lines with PS :) I do use mainly the pen tool and in this case I "simply" painted over the lines.

Well I for one love it! The colors are nice, the cutie make looks great too! she just screams Nightmare Night! I really like the pumpkin, love that smile! over all its great!

Oh and here you are! Happy Nightmare Night!

attachicon.gifcandy2.jpg

Glad you enjoy it! :D Oh my Gosh! So much candy!  wub.png

• Brohoof 2

May I suggest that next time you add a background? Doesn't have to be a fancy one, a grey one would do, I just feel like it's weird seeing it against white, I've done it before and I couldn't stomach it. Other than that I think it's alright, although it feels like you were a little afraid of not using outlines in some of the spots like the basket and cape (that's where a non-white background could come in handy).

• Brohoof 1

Ah the struggle for satisfaction with your art, I know it well. As you grow into a style, you will become more satisfied with your art.

You've got yourself a very nice OC there, I love her hat. You're shading is very, very well done. Especially with the fuzzy bit on her cape.

The bottom of the pumpkin looks like it could be a bit darker though.

You're color is very nice and appealing.

Her hind legs seem a bit thick, although that could very well just be me since I prefer to draw really skinny legs.

I'm curious as to what that bird on the back of her neck is though... Is it meant to be a tattoo? Either way, the whole thing looks great.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

May I suggest that next time you add a background? Doesn't have to be a fancy one, a grey one would do, I just feel like it's weird seeing it against white, I've done it before and I couldn't stomach it. Other than that I think it's alright, although it feels like you were a little afraid of not using outlines in some of the spots like the basket and cape (that's where a non-white background could come in handy).

Any thoughts? I worked on the background (ok nothing super fancy) and I must admit the whole thing has a different feeling. Definitely better.

Edited by Aisling Ink
  • Brohoof 2

Any thoughts? I worked on the background (ok nothing super fancy) and I must admit the whole thing has a different feeling. Definitely better.

img-1969315-1-happy_nightmare_night__by_

See? It has a much better vibe. And it looks well made, although that Pumpkin Basket is driving me nuts, it just looks very out of place with that outline.

• Brohoof 1

See? It has a much better vibe. And it looks well made, although that Pumpkin Basket is driving me nuts, it just looks very out of place with that outline.

You know it's weird I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the first picture but I didn't want to say anything... Because overall this is buckin' beautiful. (Like fer realz)

• Brohoof 1

This looks really good.  The only advice I have is to maybe use a darker orange and a thinner outline on the pumpkin.  It just seems to stand out too much, and not in a good way.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ok so I did follow your advice and fixed the pumpkin as well (useless to say everypony was right xD).

This is the result 

I just REALLY wanna say thanks for the precious advices  wub.png

Thank you all mares and gentlecolts!

Edited by Aisling Ink