What if Chrysallis were to produce another Queen?

Malinter

After all, that was a lot of love energy that punted her out of Canterlot.

It's also probably the first time she's ever been defeated (nearly killed if the show was more edgy) so perhaps she needs to ensure her changling's have someone to follow in the event of her demise.

I can imagine Chrysallis having a really really hard time trying to control a child just as bad as she is but it would bring up question over whether changlings can actually care for anything besides themselves.

We've also yet so see any other changlings that stand out as individuals. 

That could make for a very interesting story in my opinion. They could do it serious or play it for laughs. I'd prefer a more serious approach (or possibly a mix of the two although that would be considerably harder to do). But with her popularity I just don't see Queen Chrysallis replaced yet. Still, another notable Changeling character would be awesome to see and this would be a very creative way of doing that.

Whike that would be an interesting idea to have a prince or princess changlimg for sure and an episode with it, they would never do but it being shining armors 's would be great :lol:

I am definitely in favour of there being another changeling character with an individual personality. The problem with the Changelings is that Chrysalis right now has to carry them in terms of their popularity. The reason the Decepticons are so popular isn't just because of Megatron, but also because of Starscream, Shockwave, Soundwave, etc. There needs to be more changelings with their own characters, so yes, a prince or princess would be ideal, or a sibling to Chrysalis, say, her slimy younger brother, Lord Weevil.

• Brohoof 1

It already happened. She has a filly, half unicorn, half changeling. Being capable of love, it was too dangerous to raise her among the changelings, so she was sent to Ponyville, and back in time! She has no idea that she's different...

It's Sweetie Belle.

Considering Changelings resemble and I assume act like bugs. Chrysalis more than likely wouldn't raise the child fully and eventually at a young age would go off to found a new hive/colony somewhere else, in the end it would probably end up having bad results with two factions of changelings that probably wouldn't take too kindly to each other. 

Considering Changelings resemble and I assume act like bugs. Chrysalis more than likely wouldn't raise the child fully and eventually at a young age would go off to found a new hive/colony somewhere else, in the end it would probably end up having bad results with two factions of changelings that probably wouldn't take too kindly to each other. 

Thats probably the normal course of things, but the changlings are up against something that can defeat them now so perhaps she might be more involved, like a twisted parody of Celestia and Twilight's relationship.

• Brohoof 1

That would be awesome.

Like Magic Man said the changelings will be forgotten about if Chrysalis stays the only one with a personality.

bonus point if this changeling is againts Chrysalis and we have a civil war episode

Perhaps they could pull off a Lion King 2 with that sort of character. I'd like to see the Changeling Princess be a bit more prone to liking the ponies rather than downright hating them and trying to take their love forcefully. At least at the end everything is resolved like that.

Maybe there could be a Changeling Princess who has a dysfunctional relationship with her mother. Princess is nothing like her mother imagined, mother is incompetent in princess's eyes, ponies have to come in, mend their relationship and find a moral in there to write about. Maybe they could make this changeling character a rival/ anti-hero to the main cast. 

Changeling Princess's are part of my headcannon/ planned out story, where a neglected changeling Princess challenges Chrysalis for the right to be changeling Queen and to decide the future of the swarm in a clash of ideologies. 

• Brohoof 3

well, we don't know if they reproduce or if changelings are converted or transmogrified ponies.

Who knows.  I wouldn't mind seeing more diverse changelings.

In the comics, we do see "Soldier" changlings, They seem to stay near Chrysallis herself, their a bit bigger than normal changlings and have armour.

I don't know about "produce", but I could see her easily being usurped by a new queen, similar to how a new queen bee will supersede the old queen when the latter has outlived her usefulness. After suffering such defeat, I highly doubt the changelings still look favorably upon her as a leader, and I could totally see her authority being challenged by a disgruntled changeling who thinks she could do better, leading to Chrysalis eventually being dethroned.

If something like this were to happen, it's possible that it could force Chrysalis into a position of trying to convince the ponies to let her help them ward off the new queen's attack, as I'm sure she wouldn't exactly be happy with her demotion and would do almost anything to be top dog again. Interesting episodes would come out of such a scenario, to be sure.

• Brohoof 2