Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Aliens exist in the MLP FIM universe?

Bendy

Aside from the interdimensional aliens from the Equestria Girls universe: Anthro Humans. Do you think it could be possible for alien life in the MLP FIM universe? Like the canon universe?  Aliens like; Zoidbergs, non anthro Humans, Krogan or Manbearbig?  

And due to it being a kid's show universe, would Humans and Krogan like aliens be less warlike and less violent, and be more peaceful like the MLP FIM Ponies? 

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

I'd prefer things like that to be left out of MLP. It would be like seeing a flying saucer casually cross the skies of Middle Earth if you know what I mean. Just wrong somehow.

Then again a ponified version of Mass Effect would be a sight to behold img-1977991-1-laugh.png .

Edited by Armchair Adventurer
  • Brohoof 3

Of course aliens could exist in the MLP FIM universe. It is fictional after all. I wouldn't want to see any aliens in the show, though. It'd feel like the writers just ran out of ideas and decided to throw aliens in the show. What would they look anyway?

If the writers did put aliens into the show, then I'd imagine there wouldn't be war or anything that extreme. I wouldn't think they'd put aliens into the show for nothing, so they probably wouldn't be peaceful, but something between peaceful and violent, probably leaning more to the peaceful side.

• Brohoof 1

Well there's always Iron Will...

Iron_Will_thumbs-up_S2E19.png

Who, if we go off the canon Putting Your Hoof Down episode's definition and Fluttershy's is a minotaur:

Stated with emphatic emphasis from Fluttershy herself. And if we go by the universal dictionary meaning of what a minotaur is which Hasbro neither confirms nor denies:

— n   Greek myth  a monster with the head of a bull and the body of a man. It was kept in the Labyrinth inCrete, feeding on human flesh, until destroyed by Theseus

Then there's a chance there's some humanoid creatures exist in Equestria or that some humans somehow got there and procreated or used black magic on the local bovine species, thus creating the likes of Iron Will and other minotaur. Seriously, I am really surprised that a lot of the fanfics involving Lyra haven't touched upon the fact that Iron Will by definition is part human and has hands. Hands! Not just those sharp claws or talons like Spike or the Griffons have, but hands that allow the practical grasping of objects w/o violating our world's physics or the need of some magic that makes things like using a computer or playing an instrument infinitely easier.

I'd prefer things like that to be left out of MLP. It would be like seeing a flying saucer casually cross the skies of Middle Earth if you know what I mean. Just wrong somehow.

Then again a ponified version of Mass Effect would be a sight to behold img-1977991-1-laugh.png .

I agree with Armchair Adventurer (funny nickname :lol: ) -  Sci-fi in Equestria would be really weird. Equestria doesn't really have technology, everything is magical, so having aliens will be really strange and not fitting. The comparison with Middle Earth is pretty adequate. :)

• Brohoof 2

What if the changlings are actually aliens. Huge army of insect-like ponies with camoflauge and parasitic tendencies. They even have a Queen thats bigger (and probably uglier in the hyper-realism department xD) than all the others.

• Brohoof 1

I think humanity is somewhere in Equestria and Celestia knows it.. shes just friendly with them, but trying to keep them away from her ponies.

I think shes done some.. dirty... things in here 1,000 years+ of life >.>

Here's the thing.

We don't necessarily know how the "Universe" works in MLP. 

Example 1: The stars aiding in Lunas escape.

How do giant spheres of gas aid in an escape? You can clearly see these stars move towards the moon, and are much smaller than it so they must not be like our stars.

Example 2: Day and night controlled

So day and night must be manually controlled by Celestia and Luna to bring harmony. Clearly the moon is nothing like our moon seeing as you can physically inhabit it without any special measures, therefore it would be reasonable to say the sun isn't the same as our sun. 

Also it appears that the sun would orbit Equestria and so would the moon in some weird spherical cycle. 

These two examples are great evidence that there is no other life in the MLP universe other than that of Equestria. The other stars clearly are not the same as our stars. And the only star nearby (Celestias Sun) is manually controlled and also clearly different. 

• Brohoof 1

Since it's a fictional universe, I don't expect any aliens in a universe where no extraterrastrial beings do not exist and that ponies do not know about them at all since they don't exist in their universe.

Any of you remember the Land Before Time movies, the cartoons about talking dinosaurs that solve friendship problems? There was a movie later on that did have alien dinosaurs in it, although it was subtle and wasn't revealed until the end.

I could see it working, maybe even make an episode about it. The crusaders read one of Twi's books and suspects that some of the ponies in town are aliens. We can even have an end scene where Pinkie gets beamed down to the surface by a ship, thanking them for the ride and free candy.

Life may very well exist outside of Equestrian earth, just as it may exist outside of ours. The laws might be different with Princess being able to move stars and satellites, but even then life could still go on. That's to say 'if' the sisters can move the sun and the moon and are not misguiding the ponies into a sense of divine worship while the sun and the moon rotate around the earth like they normally do.

• 1 month later...

What if that dimintional mirror was also  a Stargate.  be cool to see what the ancients look like in mlp.  or maybe we are the marsions

I think it is closer to being the Quantum Mirror (Also Ancient tech) from SG1. Actually, if you look at my script, "Thirty Moons Under Ares"(http://mlpforums.com/topic/77790-thirty-moons-under-ares-a-my-little-pony-screenplay/) I actually mention that at the end.

Any of you remember the Land Before Time movies, the cartoons about talking dinosaurs that solve friendship problems? There was a movie later on that did have alien dinosaurs in it, although it was subtle and wasn't revealed until the end.

I could see it working, maybe even make an episode about it. The crusaders read one of Twi's books and suspects that some of the ponies in town are aliens. We can even have an end scene where Pinkie gets beamed down to the surface by a ship, thanking them for the ride and free candy.

Life may very well exist outside of Equestrian earth, just as it may exist outside of ours. The laws might be different with Princess being able to move stars and satellites, but even then life could still go on. That's to say 'if' the sisters can move the sun and the moon and are not misguiding the ponies into a sense of divine worship while the sun and the moon rotate around the earth like they normally do.

First, your Land Before Time analogy: it was "Stone of Cold Fire" wasn't it?

Second, you comment about an episode: A) Doctor Whooves is an Alien (in fannon) right? Also, you should probable read Stargate: Equestria. I am currently working on a script for that….

Third "That's to say 'if' the sisters can move the sun and the moon and are not misguiding the ponies into a sense of divine worship while the sun and the moon rotate around the earth like they normally do" : Is there a possibility that the sun and moon are orbiting like usual BUT can be controlled by the sisters, much like Q can control such objects in Star Trek? I think I will bring that up in my SGE script too....

Introducing sci fi into MLP would be a major shift in tone that would not really fit in the series. Tech wise the show is somewhere between 19th and 20th century, with the coexistence of railroads, microphones, and horse drawn carriages. Culturally it varies somewhere between Middle Ages (the design of Canterlot) and modern day (there's no way a character like Vinyl Scratch before the mid 1990s at the earliest). Any technology or sci fi elements outside of these boundaries would seem very odd.

Hell, I loved the Power Ponies, but the only reason why that episode worked was because it took place in its own little world closed off by magic. If the Power Ponies were "real" in the FiM universe, that would have felt odd and jarring, much like bringing in any sci if or other fantasy element outside of the shows boundaries would do.

I think it is closer to being the Quantum Mirror (Also Ancient tech) from SG1. Actually, if you look at my script, "Thirty Moons Under Ares"(http://mlpforums.com/topic/77790-thirty-moons-under-ares-a-my-little-pony-screenplay/) I actually mention that at the end.

Oh, yeah now i see what you mean.  giving the multiverse theories, us humans can exist somewhere out there.  though why heck did a magic artifact work our non magic world what was is some ancient acendtion mutator.