Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would happen if Luna was the bigger sister?

Slice0Pie

Ok, so I kept thinking this through, and it always makes me wonder: What would happen if Luna was the bigger sister, and Celestia was the little sister?

Well...

What do you guys think?

The problem is, I would still think that the moon would be unpopular, either that, or the ponies would love the moon and not the sun as much, and Celestia would get mad since she is little and doesn't feel like she is getting enough love, and get all evil, so it would be all reverse and stuff, but it doesn't seem to fit well enough..

I have no idea, what do you guys think?

Edited by NightmareCadence
  • Brohoof 1

If Luna was the older sister, the current cannon universe would probably spawn a huge paradox that will wipe out from the face of existence. 

But being serious here, I would expect Luna to already have the power. 

• Brohoof 1

It would be a reverse of the original backstory, Luna would be the one getting all of the attention along with her moon. Celestia would have an evil alter-ego where she could  have Luna's plan, but instead her plan is to have the sun out for all eternity.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 2

It would be a reverse of the original backstory, Luna would be the one getting all of the attention along with her moon. Celestia would have an evil alter-ego where she could  have Luna's plan, but instead her plan is to have the sun out for all eternity.

Not necessarily. The ponies could still shun the night and love Celestia's day.

But that would be pretty cool. Hey, she could be called Solar Flare! That would be awesome! :yay:

• Brohoof 3

Most likely nothing would change. Celestia's day would most likely still be loved by all the ponies and not care for Luna's night. Also, Luna would most likely fell mad that her night is not getting the same attention, but she would also be jealous by the fact she is losing to her younger sister. So nothing would change besides that.

• Brohoof 1

I think it may of happened as it did, but in reverse.  Though, maybe it wouldn't.  Celestia seems a bit more stable then Luna, and I think it may have been that way since she was Luna's age.  If that's the case, maybe there wouldn't be a need to respark the elements of harmony.  

• Brohoof 1

She'd probably be quiet and more aloof, but still maintain a strong dark dignity that inspired awe. Basically, Princess Celestia but with more mystery.

Why?

Because that's basically what people think of the moon as.

What a solar system would look like with a scaled up moon-like object as the celestial primary, would be very confusing indeed.

• Brohoof 1

Probably no change at all, or very little, if you get what I mean:

Their roles would change, but their personalities wouldn't. Plus, the back story of Luna being jealous of Celestia would probably still occur. So, I don't really see a change except Luna taking the 'motherly & guidance' role.

I agree the nothing would change since it wasn't her birth order that upset her. It was her perception that the ponies didn't love her, or her night, and that her sister did nothing to help her that caused her fall. Now having a glamorous big sister didn't help but wasn't the cause.

I've asked something along this line, what if Celestial ended up being the jelous one.  Does luna coming second change anything?

You can just as easily be jelous of a little sister than a big sister.

Luna is still going to go crazy. Her beef was that ponies slept in the night(the concept of sleep is foreign to Luna apparently) which will happen even if she's the elder. The only difference, Luna might not give Celestia time to use the Elements since, in my headcanon, the elder sister is stronger. I always saw Celestia as stronger due to age so I guess in this world where Luna is stronger, everypony dies in an eternal night

• Brohoof 1

Luna would still be the one to get rejected, on the merit that the ponies don't love the day because it's Celestia's domain, but rather they love it because it's just a better time to be awake. For this reason, I think Luna would still be the one to turn evil, the difference being her evil would cause Equestrian government to collapse if she was the one mainly in charge.

Luna is still going to go crazy. Her beef was that ponies slept in the night(the concept of sleep is foreign to Luna apparently) which will happen even if she's the elder. The only difference, Luna might not give Celestia time to use the Elements since, in my headcanon, the elder sister is stronger. I always saw Celestia as stronger due to age so I guess in this world where Luna is stronger, everypony dies in an eternal night

well,

i could see why night would come first.  that makes perfect sense.  Celestail being the young, plucky up start who steals the spot light away from luna?

you know.. i think i'd like her more LOL that way.

even though that would happen i made a topic for discussion if luna didn't go crazy and celestia went crazy because i think that would happen http://mlpforums.com/topic/77948-what-if-it-was-celestia-to-go-corrupt/#entry1992576 it would be awesome if celesta went crazy

Celestia being the younger sister wouldn't change the fact that ponies aren't nocturnal.

Ponies would still be sleeping during Luna's night. And it's still possible to be jealous of jealous of someone younger than you if you think they get more attention than you.

But it's possible that as the elder sister, maybe she would have had the maturity and experience to NOT get jealous about it.

To talk about her feelings instead of bottling them up inside. To NOT let the Nightmare Forces corrupt her.

• Brohoof 2