Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Military Branch and Why

Not_A_Replicant

Hey guys, sorry if I have been a little short with people on these forums. Some people just really piss me off sometimes.

Anyways, because of Veterans Day I wanted to post this up. If you are currently in the military or have been what branch are you or have you been in. Or if you want to go into the military, which branch would you go into and why. Personally I would like to either go into the Air Force or the Army. Air Force because I have always dreamed of flying planes for the military. And the army, I'm not sure why I would want to be in that branch, but I do so yeah.

Hey guys, sorry if I have been a little short with people on these forums. Some people just really piss me off sometimes.

Anyways, because of Veterans Day I wanted to post this up. If you are currently in the military or have been what branch are you or have you been in. Or if you want to go into the military, which branch would you go into and why. Personally I would like to either go into the Air Force or the Army. Air Force because I have always dreamed of flying planes for the military. And the army, I'm not sure why I would want to be in that branch, but I do so yeah.

Air Force for me as well. After high school I'm going to score high on the ASVAB and become a pilot. I'm not infantry type and I already have sisters in the Navy. 

Why is it that everytime someone says Air Force they think jets and planes. If you look more into it the USAFthey have more than pilots. They have EODs, pararescue, and ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm jet and planes. I'm pretty sure theres more though

If I wanted to be in a military branch, I would want to be in the Army because fighting for my country and putting my body on the line brings tears of joy to my eyes to sacrifice myself for the country that I love.

Air Force for me as well. After high school I'm going to score high on the ASVAB and become a pilot.

Pretty cool.  Just change the after high school to after college.  The Air Force requires all pilots to be officers, and all officers to be college graduates.  Alternately, you could enlist, then use tuition assistance to pay for college...that'd definitely be the "scenic route" though.  Keep an eye on the economy, too.  With all the concern over budget ceilings and the national debt spurred largely by 12 years of war, funding for the military is being reduced.  This will probably impact the available jobs.  Whatever you decide, definitely do your homework so you can know your options.

Pretty cool.  Just change the after high school to after college.  The Air Force requires all pilots to be officers, and all officers to be college graduates.  Alternately, you could enlist, then use tuition assistance to pay for college...that'd definitely be the "scenic route" though.  Keep an eye on the economy, too.  With all the concern over budget ceilings and the national debt spurred largely by 12 years of war, funding for the military is being reduced.  This will probably impact the available jobs.  Whatever you decide, definitely do your homework so you can know your options.

I know the requirements for pilots. Naval academy after highschool to become an officer right after training. Naval academy I think used to be called OCS. If I do that no need for college but I want to go to college during my contract for free schooling. If youre going to use my life I'm going to use your money

I would never join the military, myself. It's not something I could ever see myself doing. I have a lot of respect for what you guys do, I could just never do it myself.

If I had to, though, I'd probably say the Army. Ideally, as a medic. Even though TF2 logic dictates I'd be the 1st to die... blush.png

I was in the Navy from 2008 to 2011, as a hospital corpsman, which is a navy and marine medic, and it was quite a busy job, as there was always someone wounded during training and the H1N1 illness had me busy too. It was difficult, but I am glad I did my duty to the country, and still feel like going back as I met some great people, so as I meet with bronies and military bronies I feel satisfied.

Glad to see all of the air force people out here! I am currently awaiting to ship out at the end of May for the Air Force as a PJ/ It's going to be an amazing job and opportunity for me and I'm crazy excited. Glad to see interest and I hope you all enjoy it if you end up deciding to join.

I'm in the Army and never regretted my decision. I have a lot of fun during my off time that I spend with my Battle Buddies. I'm currently stationed across seas in Afghanistan and will be returning home in the next few months. I have only been in a fire fight once and it only lasted for thirty minutes. (Felt like forever!) I was shot in the head but my helmet took most of the impact, but it still got stuck just right outside my skull. Now that was the scariest moment in my life!

But all in all, I have a great time! and i do not mean to scare anyone, just telling the truth of how my time is going.