Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What branch of science is your favorite?

The Taxman

What Is Your Favourite Branch of Science?   

81 users have voted

1. 1. What branch of science do you like best?

• Biology
    • Psychology
    • Chemistry
    • Astronomy and Cosmology
    • Physics
    • Social Sciences
    • Other (Tell It In The Comments!)

So, I was wondering what everypony's favourite branch of science is and why?

I don't know much about science yet being a teenager, but I am watching Crash Course Psychology and I absolutely love it :D I also like biology and chemistry to some extent.

Edited by The Wife of Levi

I'm currently in school primarily for Biochemistry.  :) I'm actually still finding my favorite field/subfield, but biological applications and new technology brought about by chemistry are fairly interesting.

(In no particular order)

Psychology

Chemistry

Physics

You should check the multiple choices box BTW! :(

o: I did not check multiple choices?

Well, you can pick multiple choices now! For SCIENCE!

• Brohoof 1

I currently take psychology at my college, and it's extremely interesting, so I'd definitely go with that. It's really cool to see how the mind works, and how you could potentially apply it to people in your life.

Astronomy is also a very interesting subject, but I've never taken any classes on it. The only things I've done in that field are old educational computer games and books. However, I personally find astrology to be much more interesting, but that's not science, so yeah. Astronomy's still pretty cool though.

Physics would be a cool subject to learn too, but I've never done anything education related with it; it's mainly just physics-based games for me.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Out of the list you provided, I'd say that I'm interested in psychology, astronomy, cosmology, and physics the most. I've particularly loved space and the mystery thereof since I was a child.

• Brohoof 1

Psychology, biology, astronomy and social sciences. Out of all four of them, I like psychology the most.

Zoology, Cryptozoology, Taxonomy, Geology, Chem, Botany, Physics.....   I likes to science!  (have over 200 combined hours in these fields at several universies). When ever I have a slow time at work I pop into a class just becuase I can. The admin office at  APSU hates me :P.

Quite literally, anything that will explode dramatically.

Although mostly theoretical physics and quantum space/relativity.

...I routinely get my professors angry by suggesting things like quantum foam batteries, which they proceed to research and work out my exact method, and then, after three days, they come back to me and tell me it would cause the heat death of the universe.

Gah, damn clean, free energy.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

physics > astronomy > psychology > chemistry > social science > biology

For some reason, I just really, really hate biology. That was one of my least favorite classes of all time, coupled with geometry.

Edited by Admiral Regulus

(maths isn't a branch of science?)

It use to be chemistry, but now it's astronomy.

I would say it is. But I would also say that math is a branch of philosophy.

• Brohoof 1

Social sciences, if you can consider it as "real" science  ^_^

I have plans to major in Sociology. Social behavior is something that really interests me. I took a Sociology class in high school and I really enjoyed it.

• Brohoof 1

But I would also say that math is a branch of philosophy.

Well, I wouldn't say that Math is Philosophical, as it is (mostly) concrete. The only aspect in math that one could consider philosophical is math involving imaginary numbers (negative roots and such). 

Would Social Sciences include the likes of Genealogy? I suppose it's not really about genetics as more a historical study.. Unless you really went overboard in trying to prove a person was related to you right down to studying their DNA, but hey, I guess it's used in forensic science, so why not?