Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So Discord Won't be evil again!(S4 thread)

Side Bird

I was watching the hub, a few minutes before some MLP episodes started, and a commercial came on. At first, I didn't know it was for MLP till it said Equestria. Discord, says "Old enemies will be new allies" and it shows him with the ponies. Does that mean he's good now? Will we get another discord episode?

Edited by Princess Luna~<3

The idea that Discord may once again turn on the ponyfolk has been floating around, but in all honesty I think it would be an overcomplication. It would ruin the value presented in Keep Calm and Flutter On; that is, the idea that anyone can be made to see the good of things. Discord going haywire again makes that lesson meaningless; thus, I don't think we'll see him turn evil again. Nor do I predict an episode about it - filling up 22 minutes of Discord would have to be him struggling not to turn back to evil, which in itself shows that he's not completely changed character.

Edited by Flipturn
OP has clarified his/her point.
  • Brohoof 5

Spoilers much? There are people that are trying to make it to the 23rd without knowing anything, who will absolutely hate your thread title. If it's possible to edit that, I would do it if I were you. 

IDK about a discord episode but I know that 

he will have a song.

Despite everything though, I still expect him to be very mischievous. 

Uhm, isn't it already established that he's good now and that he's going to be good spirited with the Ponyville residents? You should re-watch the episode Keep Calm and Flutter On - unless that's not what you're asking.

A lot of people tended to think that he wasn't truly reformed, that he was playing a game with them. I never really believed that myself though.

Edited by Heatwave
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I think he is pretty much becoming a supporting character like Luna. Which is a great way to have him more in the show in my opinion. I could live with a few more "villainous Discord episodes" but this isn't a bad change. I hope him and Luna will be focused on a bit more in Season 4.

• Brohoof 1

I highly doubt they'd have him become evil again, especially for a show like MLP. Besides he never really seemed evil to me, just really crazy

• Brohoof 2

If Discord were to be evil again, he would have to struggle between going back to his evil ways or keep his true morality to stay reformed while helping his old enemies. So being evil again, would make the moral in Keep Calm and Flutter On completely useless.

Yeah, I do not think that we will see Discord evil again. I think he will maybe be seen like Luna from now on, you know, every now and then and he is only shown once they need help from him. If they made him "evil! again, I think they would have to put in some sort of thing with the mane 6 trying to make him turn again but it would just end up in a copy episode and everything would be a big mess. Nah.

However, personally I wish that Discord never really turned good and is just pretending he is. And then sometime he'll disappear or something for a future chaos ep? Who knows :P

• Brohoof 2

I hope he's in Season 4, regardless where he stands morally. But it'd be pretty cool if he was on the good side, imagine him in a battle. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Though, it would be a bit lazy to change him back, since it would be disregarding continuity.  

Like many, I believe that Discord was never truly evil, he was always just looking for a good time. I'd honestly be surprised if it turns out that's not the case.

The fact that a friend was what he needed to be good heavily implies that the reason he was evil to begin with was become was lonely, perhaps outcast and mocked for looking so different and bizarre, and grew angry and hateful at everyone else and became what he was. Upon realizing that someone (Fluttershy) could truly like him, the joy that gave him allowed him to finally let go of his spitefulness, because he finally had what he wanted all along, a true friend.

If he went evil again and stayed that way, the entire episode of his reforming would have been 100% pointless.

• Brohoof 1

Discord wasn't really evil to begin with. Rather chaotic neutral and he still is in my opinion.

While it's true he's a bit more tamed now; he's more of an anti hero. I bet he will probably just chill in his seat as he watches the Mane 6 handle the problems while he eats his popcorn.

I don't think he will be causing any harm to anybody, it would ruin all the character development in Keep Claim and Flutter On. Similar to how nobody wants Luna to be evil cause it would ruin all her development.